Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Imagine LTE Rural Broadband

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 787 ✭✭✭ArKl0w

koppy wrote: »
    Down for installation on Thursday. How long do they take..

It depends,about an hour
    Longer If they have to try multiple places to get a useable signal

I got my lowest speed test since install 3 weeks ago of 49mb there at half five this evening
    Tested twice immediately after and it's in the 90's again
    Mostly 70's to 90's,3 in the 50's and 3 over a 100 in the last week
    It's highly variable in that range which I suppose is to be expected with wireless

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

My installation only took 45 min, attached it to the side of my chimney, on my bungalow and ran the wire in under a tile, they won't go into your attic so I ran the wire up there for them, as it's a reasonably new house I ran it down a conduit I had spare for a tv satellite socket in my sitting room, otherwise they run it outside your wall

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 680 ✭✭✭Happy_Harry

koppy wrote: »
    Down for installation on Thursday. How long do they take..

My installation took about 1.5 hours, they had a strong enough signal from the start, only had to erect a little pole to the side of my garage.

My neighbour's installation took almost a day, no idea why, but they had installed and all looked fine , when they were trying to leave , my neighbour noticed no connection and basically they had to swap out modem twice and router three times...

It varies I guess

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭RichieO

They finally came, No signal, (despite all the signs in our road saying 70Mb) therefore no installation, no deposit returned no answer to emails, I am NOT happy...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

RichieO wrote: »
    They finally came, No signal, (despite all the signs in our road saying 70Mb) therefore no installation, no deposit returned no answer to emails, I am NOT happy...

Ah yeh. That'd be Imagine.

CC your email to comreg and they will come back to in a shot.

What a shower of jokers.

• Advertisement

ArKl0w wrote: »
    It depends,about an hour
    Longer If they have to try multiple places to get a useable signal

I got my lowest speed test since install 3 weeks ago of 49mb there at half five this evening
    Tested twice immediately after and it's in the 90's again
    Mostly 70's to 90's,3 in the 50's and 3 over a 100 in the last week
    It's highly variable in that range which I suppose is to be expected with wireless

I believe some 3 customers are having issues getting disconnected.

Well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭NakQuada

Imagine van was at a neighbours house. They weren't installing, instead they are being sent out to do a survey first. Neighbours were getting 82MB so that's great for them. Guy said Imagine would be in touch to go ahead with an installation in the next few days or so.

I said to him that I had been booked in long before my neighbour but had yet to receive any contact from Imagine about a survey or other. He said he had 15 mins free so followed me to my house to do a quick site test.

He was getting 55MB at 16/17db from my house, which sounds promising (i think?). Apparently it should be better once the installers install and do a fine tune of the antenna position.

Anyone have any comments on such?

This is in the Athy/Minch Norton area.

NakQuada wrote: »

He was getting 55MB at 16/17db from my house, which sounds promising (i think?). Apparently it should be better once the installers install and do a fine tune of the antenna position.

Anyone have any comments on such?

This is in the Athy/Minch Norton area.

The guys told me 30db was the max and that's what they got at my location looking directly unobstructed at the mast about 6kms away
    If you've a good line of sight,pick the best line of sight at the house with no trees or other blockage in the way and you should be good,If you've a better line of sight somewhere down the garden,then use that,but you will have to do your own cable run (up to a max of 100 mtrs cat5E) as they don't seem to like doing non standard cabling jobs but will connect to a new one you do yourself

It's a decision for yourself really,comparing what you have now to this
    Bear in mind it's not unlimited,it's 20gigs a day which rules out more than 6 or 7 episodes of a hd box set in a row inside a midnight to midnight same day period
    Going over it they throttle your speed to half a meg or so until past midnight on that day
    Speedwise Im finding it does everything very well for me at 50 to 90 + mb and would think even at half that for those in a weaker signal area speeds of 25 to 45 would be way way ahead of a 2,5, or 8 mb line
    There have been sporadic reports here of bad speeds and some anger over delayed installs

• ArKl0w wrote: »
    The guys told me 30db was the max and that's what they got at my location looking directly unobstructed at the mast about 6kms away
    If you've a good line of sight,pick the best line of sight at the house with no trees or other blockage in the way and you should be good,If you've a better line of sight somewhere down the garden,then use that,but you will have to do your own cable run (up to a max of 100 mtrs cat5E) as they don't seem to like doing non standard cabling jobs but will connect to a new one you do yourself

Bear in mind it's not unlimited,it's 20gigs a day which rules out more than 6 or 7 episodes of a hd box set in a row inside a midnight to midnight same day period
    Going over it they throttle your speed to half a meg or so until past midnight on that day
    Speedwise Im finding it does everything very well for me at 50 to 90 + mb and would think even at half that for those in a weaker signal area speeds of 25 to 45 would be way way ahead of a 2,5, or 8 mb line
    There have been sporadic reports here of bad speeds and some anger over delayed installs
    5b1d3a90aae4871174a2c7af2b62eb7e46c9e3c2b14809b5ad13f4087a46cbcd.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,222 ✭✭✭irishchris

Sporadic my hole! Would advise everyone thinking of joining these chancers to have a read of the entire thread.some good reports, a lot of bad reports and then there is the one try call arkLOW!

• Advertisement

morgana wrote: »
    Remember, it is a very small albeit vocal minority posting here where some people certainly have serious issues with the service. Speaking from my own experience, and I have been with them since February, I've had a few ups and downs, i'm happy enough. No comparison to what I had before.

I agree and that's all people can do is speak from experience

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Mr Velo

morgana wrote: »
    Remember, it is a very small albeit vocal minority posting here where some people certainly have serious issues with the service. Speaking from my own experience, and I have been with them since February, I've had a few ups and downs, i'm happy enough. No comparison to what I had before.

I agree and that's all people can do is speak from experience
    Yes - that or go onto another providers forum to play tell tale about certain people mis-using prepay sim cards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

Mr Velo wrote: »
    Yes - that or go onto another providers forum to play tell tale about certain people mis-using prepay sim cards.

Oh, do you mean like ArKl0w did? And didn't even apologose for?

http://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2057668999

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭lfc2000

I believe some 3 customers are having issues getting disconnected.

Well done.

Me to this morning. Local mast and mast 10 mile away were down. Maybe it was something else more severe and not what that dog****e did.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,222 ✭✭✭irishchris

long_b wrote: »
    Oh, do you mean like ArKl0w did? And didn't even apologose for?

http://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2057668999

Reading again over that appalling thread that he started I can only feel sorry for people like arkLOW if that is what makes him feel better about himself. His attitude is nearly as bad imagines LTE service.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 random_punter_2

Imagine installed the LTE system today. I was infuriated when I realised that they won't give me the username and password to the router and I need to send them an email to open NAT ports. admin/admin does not work. Does anyone have the more recent password that Imagine are installing on their boxes?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 192 ✭✭Galway_guy_33

just got this by txt....

Hi, this is an LTE service request - Unless requested by us - Please DO NOT PRESS THE RESET BUTTON on your indoor LTE broadband router - Doing so will factory reset the router which can cause your outdoor LTE antenna and your indoor LTE router to stop working. If this occurs, we may have to arrange for an LTE engineer to visit your home which will incur a cost which we do not wish to charge. Thanks Imagine LTE.

only configuration I remember them setting up on the installation day was for the phone.... surely they could provide this over the phone.

be wise to login and take note of such settings before attempting a rest.

• just got this by txt....

Hi, this is an LTE service request - Unless requested by us - Please DO NOT PRESS THE RESET BUTTON on your indoor LTE broadband router - Doing so will factory reset the router which can cause your outdoor LTE antenna and your indoor LTE router to stop working. If this occurs, we may have to arrange for an LTE engineer to visit your home which will incur a cost which we do not wish to charge. Thanks Imagine LTE.

only configuration I remember them setting up on the installation day was for the phone.... surely they could provide this over the phone.

Got this also, assume they mean hard reset
    Bit of a joke to state you can't power down the router

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Got this also, assume they mean hard reset
    Bit of a joke to state you can't power down the router

The jokes will keep coming thick and fast with this lot.

• Imagine installed the LTE system today. I was infuriated when I realised that they won't give me the username and password to the router and I need to send them an email to open NAT ports. admin/admin does not work. Does anyone have the more recent password that Imagine are installing on their boxes?

User/user should work
    You can port forward on client side I just did it today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭seanvanseanvan

just got this by txt....

I got the same text today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

Nope can't get in either. User/user not working in any variation

• PADRAIC.M wrote: »

I will check it out when I get home and post it up, I have it written down.
    I may have changed my password

Out of interest what's the name of the router you have?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

PADRAIC.M wrote: »

Months ago, I spent days contacting them on this only to be finally told that the installers may have changed the user and password but they in tech support would not know what each installation crew would use.

Sounds like complete BS to me.

• This may make sense with the whole "do not factory reset your router" horse****e
    That would also default the password

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭Daz_

Hi folks , as a potential Imagine customer it's interesting to see all the comments here. Does anyone have a view on how Lte performs when streaming android Tv? I'm in the Castledermot area and being told the signal comes from Athy , anyone recently signed up from that area ? They are giving me the hard sell but the more research I do the less convinced I am ! I proposed that they give me a month trial and if all as promised then sign a contract - they said no ..thanks in advance !

Your biggest issue will be the 20 gig cap
    If there's more than 6 or 7 hours HD streaming done in a 24hr period,then even a modest amount of normal activity will bring you over that limit
    They throttle you then down to half a meg in speed until midnight on the day you go over

Regarding the 20 gig cap they also throttle P2P traffic so you can't even pull down a HD rip of a show @ 350 mb or so.

Be careful. The grass isn't always greener with Imagine. Again based on difficulties I and others have had.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,499 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Your biggest issue will be the 20 gig cap
    If there's more than 6 or 7 hours HD streaming done in a 24hr period,then even a modest amount of normal activity will bring you over that limit
    They throttle you then down to half a meg in speed until midnight on the day you go over

Where are you getting the half a meg figure from? It's definitely over 5 from my experience. Another poster stated not long ago that it is 6 down.

• Advertisement

Where are you getting the half a meg figure from? It's definitely over 5 from my experience. Another poster stated not long ago that it is 6 down.

From memory earlier in this thread ,I've not gone over the 20 gig yet
    If you're only throttled to 6 down,then happy days for me compared to my rubbish 2mb voda dsl
    Netflix would work perfectly
    Were you back to normal at midnight or did it take until the next morning?

Advertisement