Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Imagine LTE Rural Broadband

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

MiCr0 wrote: »
    This thread has gotten ridiculous.
    NO more personal comments.
    NO more off topic discussions.

I’m going to start removing OT posts too.

Regards,
    MiCr0

Thanks micro. Is this a techie thread only or can we comment on customer service and billing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Hello. I just got off a call from them, moving into a property that doesn't have Eircom in a rural farm area soon.

The Imagine guys look like a good bet. Apparently 30mbs minimum, about 50-60mbs normally. Ping between 10 and 40. 30gb per day limite. €60 per month. There's ~370/400 people on my "mast" in South Cork already

Whats the overall feedback on them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

Good and bad Cormac...
    Have a read through the thread. The general consensus (and I use that term very broadly because there is little to no consensus in here) is that if you can get fixed above about 8mb then you might be better with that.
    The limit is 20GB per day unless it's changed very recently.

I'd love for there to be a way of talking to someone already on your mast to see what the quality is like. If you know any of the neighbours in your area, it'd be worth asking around as it's getting close to capacity so contention could be an issue in the evenings.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭koppy

Anyone know how long it takes to get it installed after the site test. Passed d site test yesterday but wasn't at home when he did it. She never asked how long to get installed

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭NakQuada

koppy wrote: »
    Anyone know how long it takes to get it installed after the site test. Passed d site test yesterday but wasn't at home when he did it. She never asked how long to get installed

Generally, from what I've experienced/heard, it's within a few days. For me and my neighbours it was 2 days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

Up until recently they were doing the install at the same time as the site test.
    I get the feeling that they have split the two in order to save money on wasted engineer time. Just send any old lacky to do a site test.
    Since this process is new, it's hard to know how long the install will take but they normally say they will be in touch within a week to arrange an engineer for install.

I had a site test exactly 1 week ago and I don't even know what the result was yet but then I have asked for them to hold off on the actual install until March of next year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

d31b0y wrote: »
    Good and bad Cormac...

I'd love for there to be a way of talking to someone already on your mast to see what the quality is like. If you know any of the neighbours in your area, it'd be worth asking around as it's getting close to capacity so contention could be an issue in the evenings.

What a great idea!

Why not set up a spreadsheet in Google Docs with username, mast and comment and all the heads on here can keep it updated?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,253 ✭✭✭✭km79

Rang again
    Couldn't find my account as I had NOT been given a case/account number despite requesting so twice after payment
    Searched by phone number
    Nothing showed up
    By address
    No joy

Getting worried now
    By eircode
    Nothing

Finally by email and that was present . As were all my unanswered emails

I've now been promised an immediate email reply confirming cancellation and refund within 10 days

Will update

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,253 ✭✭✭✭km79

km79 wrote: »
    Rang again
    Couldn't find my account as I had NOT been given a case/account number despite requesting so twice after payment
    Searched by phone number
    Nothing showed up
    By address
    No joy

Getting worried now
    By eircode
    Nothing

Finally by email and that was present . As were all my unanswered emails

I've now been promised an immediate email reply confirming cancellation and refund within 10 days

Will update

Oh the good lord
    Email received
    Offered one month free whenever site goes live
    If I wish to cancel WHICH I CATEGORICALLY stated I wanted to I have to advise them BY PHONE Again
    So so annoying

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

km79 wrote: »
    Oh the good lord
    Email received
    Offered one month free whenever site goes live
    If I wish to cancel WHICH I CATEGORICALLY stated I wanted to I have to advise them BY PHONE Again
    So so annoying

Run them.

not to be trusted on what you have just posted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭seanvanseanvan

xxyyzz wrote: »

There seems to be 2 seperate agendas on this thread with Arkl0w on one side and you on the other. For anyone reading this, the truth lies somewhere in the middle..

Quite boring at this stage too :-)

long_b wrote: »
    What a great idea!

Why not set up a spreadsheet in Google Docs with username, mast and comment and all the heads on here can keep it updated?

OK, here we go ....

introducing ...

The Imagine LTE user experience spreadsheet !

The aim of this is to try to get a picture of how people are getting on with Imagine over time and on different masts.

if you vandalise the spreadsheet we'll call you out on this thread.

It's for everyone - if you had a failed install (like me) you can put that down too.

Anyone with the link can edit

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1lTfYTsDlev5-ZRz166a95qFrZ1o8LycyLiIF81xK6l8/edit?usp=sharing

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Johnfred

OK, here we go ....

introducing ...

The Imagine LTE user experience spreadsheet !

The aim of this is to try to get a picture of how people are getting on with Imagine over time and on different masts.

if you vandalise the spreadsheet we'll call you out on this thread.

It's for everyone - if you had a failed install (like me) you can put that down too.

Anyone with the link can edit

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1lTfYTsDlev5-ZRz166a95qFrZ1o8LycyLiIF81xK6l8/edit?usp=sharing
    It's view only. Can't add to it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

Yeah same as! View only

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭lfc2000

PADRAIC.M wrote: »
    Yeah same as! View only

If you open on ur mobile phone with Google drive app and then install sheets app u can edit it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 936 ✭✭✭st1979

Arklow area getting 50-60 download ping of 18 and upload of 6. Happy with service

I tried to edit the googledoc but failed. Maybe someone might stick it up for me.

With them 4 weeks
    Whitechurch Cork Mast
    Peak 35/40 up 6 down usually get 55/60 wired, even higher after 10.30 at night
    Previously NovaBroadband
    Only issue was sky on demand and that was sorted.
    Have sky on demand, ps4, 2 ipads, Netflix and no noticable buffering when all online together.
    Installers were excellent and no issues, I had pole up and I ran the cable for them so it was easy install.
    My one issue is monitoring the download cap but they informed me yesterday by a very helpful customer care chap that I can view it on the my imagine portal, haven't tried it yet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭morgana

They have an online imagine portal now? They kept that very quiet lol. Must check that out..

• morgana wrote: »
    They have an online imagine portal now? They kept that very quiet lol. Must check that out..

Link?

• Advertisement

morgana wrote: »

He said it was only launched lately and some did have problems registering but a call to customer care sorted. He also said there is a phone app in the final testing stages.

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Link?

Not allowed post links here coz I am new. Just Google myimagine and register.

I tried to edit the googledoc but failed. Maybe someone might stick it up for me.

With them 4 weeks
    Whitechurch Cork Mast
    Peak 35/40 up 6 down usually get 55/60 wired, even higher after 10.30 at night
    Previously NovaBroadband
    Only issue was sky on demand and that was sorted.
    Have sky on demand, ps4, 2 ipads, Netflix and no noticable buffering when all online together.
    Installers were excellent and no issues, I had pole up and I ran the cable for them so it was easy install.
    My one issue is monitoring the download cap but they informed me yesterday by a very helpful customer care chap that I can view it on the my imagine portal, haven't tried it yet

Added.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭morgana

Added my comments to the spreadsheet, brilliant idea!
    Registered with My Imagine - don't see anything there - all text still refers to Wimax, no account data or other options. The login doesn't seem to work, it doesn't show you as logged in nor does it show account data etc. Registration seemed to go through successfully though, but no confirmation or verification mail

Added.

Thank you but I never said the staff were rude and arrogant !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 787 ✭✭✭ArKl0w

Thank you but I never said the staff were rude and arrogant !!

Aye,hard to take it seriously when false entries are put in
    Though the entry he put in for me without my permission shows a sense of humour
    I did giggle
    For the record I do not work for imagine

• morgana wrote: »
    Added my comments to the spreadsheet, brilliant idea!
    Registered with My Imagine - don't see anything there - all text still refers to Wimax, no account data or other options. The login doesn't seem to work, it doesn't show you as logged in nor does it show account data etc. Registration seemed to go through successfully though, but no confirmation or verification mail

I noticed on my bill they give you an account ID already
    I didn't register as of yet.

The website also asks for a phone number. I'm not using a phone and it's not on my bill :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

I can confirm again that speed got throttled to 5-6 mb as I maxed out my dl today again

i hope this is true for everyone cause i suspect i'll be hitting the dl limit quite a bit over xmas will game downloads and updates!! Hard to know what to believe though as there is no consistency on the issue...

• Scruff wrote: »
    i hope this is true for everyone cause i suspect i'll be hitting the dl limit quite a bit over xmas will game downloads and updates!! Hard to know what to believe though as there is no consistency on the issue...

I have maxed it out now maybe 7+ times, always the same result. Throttled to around 5-6mb.
    Not the worst to be fair.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

I have maxed it out now maybe 7+ times, always the same result. Throttled to around 5-6mb.
    Not the worst to be fair.

good to hear, a damn sight better than 1mb that has been stated on this thread before. Netflix would still be usable on one device at least so wouldnt face a violent protest at home ;)

Advertisement