Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Imagine LTE Rural Broadband

Comments

• Scruff wrote: »
    good to hear, a damn sight better than 1mb that has been stated on this thread before. Netflix would still be usable on one device at least so wouldnt face a violent protest at home ;)

Netflix will work with a 2mb line or less to be honest.
    I should know that's what I have been living with for years prior to this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

let me be very clear - only post about this topic - not any other one, not any users

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭NakQuada

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    I have maxed it out now maybe 7+ times, always the same result. Throttled to around 5-6mb.
    Not the worst to be fair.

That's good to hear. I have a few game updates to do. Might max it out myself tonight and see if I get the same result.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭koppy

In terms of speeds and leaving out customer service (important I know..but just on the quality and speed of the service) the feedback seems to be getting a small bit better . Not hearing of too many getting below 5-6mg anymore.. Due to be connected this week so I may be just looking for positives

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭seanvanseanvan

As we speak I have one child watching a HD movie from Netflix on an iPad, another playing FIFA online, one watching SKY on demand and the wife is reading the DailyMail online and I just checked the speed wireless and it is 48 down and 6 up, not bad for 8 pm.
    Happy days so far.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,940 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

speeds don't seem to be reporting as bad as they were a month ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭morgana

No problems ever since the low peak speeds got sorted about 5 weeks ago. Speed Tests.
    Two lengthy outages due to problems at the high site, one was significant and involved more than they initially thought but kept ppl informed by text. The other was sorted in the morning (Saturday)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,253 ✭✭✭✭km79

Quote: km79
    Rang again
    Couldn't find my account as I had NOT been given a case/account number despite requesting so twice after payment
    Searched by phone number
    Nothing showed up
    By address
    No joy

Getting worried now
    By eircode
    Nothing

Finally by email and that was present . As were all my unanswered emails

I've now been promised an immediate email reply confirming cancellation and refund within 10 days

Will update
    km79 wrote: »
    Oh the good lord
    Email received
    Offered one month free whenever site goes live
    If I wish to cancel WHICH I CATEGORICALLY stated I wanted to I have to advise them BY PHONE Again
    So so annoying

Still no email confirming cancellation or returned phone call
    I'm 2 weeks now trying to get confirmation of refund and removal from waiting list for the Imaginary site :D

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭seanvanseanvan

km79 wrote: »
    Quote: km79
    Rang again
    Couldn't find my account as I had NOT been given a case/account number despite requesting so twice after payment
    Searched by phone number
    Nothing showed up
    By address
    No joy

Getting worried now
    By eircode
    Nothing

Finally by email and that was present . As were all my unanswered emails

I've now been promised an immediate email reply confirming cancellation and refund within 10 days

Will update

Still no email confirming cancellation or returned phone call
    I'm 2 weeks now trying to get confirmation of refund and removal from waiting list for the Imaginary site :D

2 weeks waiting for something that could have been done in you bank in 2 minutes. You must have loads of time on your hands to emailing and calling them. Why are you even persisting with their customer care ? Not having a go just curious

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,253 ✭✭✭✭km79

2 weeks waiting for something that could have been done in you bank in 2 minutes. You must have loads of time on your hands to emailing and calling them. Why are you even persisting with their customer care ? Not having a go just curious

I wanted to give them the opportunity just to do the refund themselves rather than the hassle of a chargeback
    I got told on Friday the refund would be processed within 10 days once the girl talked to their finance dept and to expect an email
    The email then offered me a free month despite me categorically stating I wanted no offers just cancellation . It also stated I must call AGAIN to confirm cancellation.
    I emailed straight back requested by confirmation of refund Or a call back
    Nothing
    Another email sent today
    Nothing
    It's much quicker and cheaper to email than spend 20 minutes on hold AND I work the same hours as the bank so it was just easier to email
    I'm giving them till tomorrow before I do a charge back
    I'm DESPERATE for proper internet . Been trying to do a 600mb Xbox one update for nearly 3 days but it keeps crashing .
    BUT I just could not go through with this. No email confirming receipt of money and terms and conditions despite repeated requests over the 2 months
    The constant delays
    But most of all the complete lack of any type of CS
    And that's before installation !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Mr Velo

My speed right now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,209 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

Mr Velo wrote: »
    My speed right now
    Speed test gives me something similar and fast.com gives me 60Mbps. Not sure who to believe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Mr Velo

Fast.com Giving Me 20mb Right Now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,222 ✭✭✭irishchris

My speed right now

Cheers for mentioning that app. Very thorough and just tried it now with my three connection for comparison. Are there any more good monitoring apps like the perf one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 665 ✭✭✭OverRide

My speed right now

You'd need to test with an Ethernet cable to your PC or laptop to get your true speed
    Wifi is going to be all over the place
    When You test on wifi in one room it's different to another and never the real speed that a direct cable connection to the router is capable of

• Closed Accounts Posts: 787 ✭✭✭ArKl0w

I ported from Vodafone to imagine
    This morning they have taken another €45 from my account despite 2 emails confirming the port and account closure

I cancelled their direct debit online this morning and will be doing a charge back today
    VHI did that before when I moved from them and the chargeback had the money back in my account the following day (AIB)

I don't intend phoning Vodafone again
    My advice for anyone with a previous provider is to cancel their direct debit on line immediately

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

ArKl0w wrote: »
    I ported from Vodafone to imagine
    This morning they have taken another €45 from my account despite 2 emails confirming the port and account closure

I cancelled their direct debit online this morning and will be doing a charge back today
    VHI did that before when I moved from them and the chargeback had the money back in my account the following day (AIB)

I don't intend phoning Vodafone again
    My advice for anyone with a previous provider is to cancel their direct debit on line immediately

I'd have to agree.

3 don't seem to be so bad though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 680 ✭✭✭Happy_Harry

OverRide wrote: »
    You'd need to test with an Ethernet cable to your PC or laptop to get your true speed
    Wifi is going to be all over the place
    When You test on wifi in one room it's different to another and never the real speed that a direct cable connection to the router is capable of

Bizarre thing in my house is that wifi on phone gives me at times better speeds than laptop wired... I guess because my laptop is overloaded with open applications ( ping is 40 ms, whereas on phone it is always 19 ms) ?. I have noticed no difference with wifi or ethernet connected to my laptop.

Bizarre thing in my house is that wifi on phone gives me at times better speeds than laptop wired... I guess because my laptop is overloaded with open applications ( ping is 40 ms, whereas on phone it is always 19 ms) ?. I have noticed no difference with wifi or ethernet connected to my laptop.

Yeah that will be your laptop and applications using data
    You'd need to run any wired test with no other data eating application running

Same goes for a wifi test but the true speed will only be measured via the direct Ethernet connection to for example a PC or laptop
    Wifi will perform better in some houses depending on construction obviously but never as good as a direct cable

As an aside no two tests I've ever seen done one after another on wifi have been the same mainly due to added wireless variations like walls and hidden interference

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭lolliedog

Changing the server location also gives different results.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,222 ✭✭✭irishchris

My speed right now

i have found fast.com and speedtest.net to be more or less the same with three so find it strange that fast.com is giving different results than speedtest for you unless imagine are by sounds of it traffic shaping on their network whilst also prioritising traffic on speedtest.net site. try a testmy.net result and compare it to speedtest to see how they hold up.

as an example on three i get more or less the same with both those tests but found a huge variance when i was on imagine. here is two for reference i just did with testmy being slightly less but not a huge difference as before when with imagine testmy would be about a quarter of what speedtest would show

5837580928.png

3OviubJmt.png

also for reference a ping quality test result from london server

155704639.png

I haven't added a Speedtest to the thread in a while but I'm recording them for the last month at random times at home
    Here's one just five or 10 minutes ago at peak hours done on the pc via Ethernet cable
    The mast is 6.6 kms away

5837905362.png

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭K3v

K3v wrote: »
    I rung them up yesterday and asked to be put through cancellations. Told the lady in Cancellations that I have been waiting since July for connection & I had given up on them. Said I had signed a new contract with my existing ISP, so they could refund back my €100.

She asked could I not cancel my new contract that surely there is a cooling off period with my existing ISP and she would arrange connection to Imagine this week! Explained it was too late for them. Was told to expect the refund in 10 working days. Got her details & made sure to let her know I will be following up in 10 working days with Imagine & requesting a chargeback if I don't receive my deposit back.

Just play tough with them.

Just an update to say I received my €100 back on the 24th of this month.

Good luck to all of you who have Imagine Broadband. Although I can foresee trouble in the future when customer base increases, especially with how they are struggling with customer support currently.

Their tech support once you do get them sometimes spend up to an hour per call with some customers I'm told so they really do need to reign that in or hire more which apparently they are doing,we'll see
    There has to come a point though when their mast build slows which is when you'd expect them to be less stretched dealing with customers
    Mind you it's all relative,there's rakes of complaints about customer service with all sorts of companies on boards,especially teleco's

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭NakQuada

www.imagine.ie/lte/smart-tv/

Anyone know what this is about? Is Imagine planning on doing a TV service? Or is this some legacy thing? Page doesn't load but it came up in da Googleys

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Have this ordered now for my new place. Will be number 370/400 on the mast. Feeling hopeful after reading the thread over the last few days. Seems like now is a much better time to join than 6 months ago :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,940 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

what happens when they fill up a mast 400/400?

Gonzo wrote: »

I guess Generic Dreadhead will let us know as I'd imagine there isn't much difference between 370 and 400 users
    A neighbour on mine was 361
    I've noticed a drop on a month ago but all tests bar one at 49 have been above 50 and mostly above 70

That though is the experience near the mast,no obstructions and perfect line of sight
    Further out,distant hills,buildings or trees and you'd expect down to half that I guess
    Less of those and the nearer you are, the better the experience

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,061 ✭✭✭ItHurtsWhenIP

Gonzo wrote: »

The mast then moves onto 401/400 :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,017 ✭✭✭tsue921i8wljb3

NakQuada wrote: »
    www.imagine.ie/lte/smart-tv/

Anyone know what this is about? Is Imagine planning on doing a TV service? Or is this some legacy thing? Page doesn't load but it came up in da Googleys

At the beginning of the service they were talking about supplying some sort of Android based box for an extra fee to use RTE player and other such services. It disappeared from the site and no more mention was made of it.

Advertisement