Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Imagine LTE Rural Broadband

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,253 ✭✭✭✭km79

km79 wrote: »
    I wanted to give them the opportunity just to do the refund themselves rather than the hassle of a chargeback
    I got told on Friday the refund would be processed within 10 days once the girl talked to their finance dept and to expect an email
    The email then offered me a free month despite me categorically stating I wanted no offers just cancellation . It also stated I must call AGAIN to confirm cancellation.
    I emailed straight back requested by confirmation of refund Or a call back
    Nothing
    Another email sent today
    Nothing
    It's much quicker and cheaper to email than spend 20 minutes on hold AND I work the same hours as the bank so it was just easier to email
    I'm giving them till tomorrow before I do a charge back
    I'm DESPERATE for proper internet . Been trying to do a 600mb Xbox one update for nearly 3 days but it keeps crashing .
    BUT I just could not go through with this. No email confirming receipt of money and terms and conditions despite repeated requests over the 2 months
    The constant delays
    But most of all the complete lack of any type of CS
    And that's before installation !

Just received email confirmation my refund was being processed

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭vidapura

I've mine installed in Oranmore in Galway for a week. The lads put it on the old mmds pole. It's running great, I'm delighted.

Howyah, we're moving to a new house near Oranmore in the next month.

Would you recommend Imagine still?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

Have this ordered now for my new place. Will be number 370/400 on the mast. Feeling hopeful after reading the thread over the last few days. Seems like now is a much better time to join than 6 months ago :)

What I will say is look back over this thread as much as possible.

Lots of complaints about the poor level of service and communication of their customer services section.

Talk to people who have had them before.

PM if you want.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,940 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Ive noticed there is less complaint's of poor speeds recently and the speed reports on the spreadsheet seem decent enough, certainly way faster than what I have.

May Imagine have fixed the really bad speed issues some users were reporting?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

Got a text from imagine :

"Hi, this is an LTE update. We have been informed by ESB Networks that they are experiencing an intermittent fault on their fibre network which may affect your broadband service temporarily. We will keep you informed as ESB look to resolve this network fault. Thanks imag!ne LTE."

• Advertisement

Just received email confirmation my refund was being processed

LOL
    Just got a text saying installations will be started by the week of 19th December
    Will keep an eye on this thread and see how people get on with it

• Registered Users Posts: 28 goosey11

Hi guys. I'm strongly thinking of going with imagine for my Internet. I'm currently getting 5/6mb download speeds with my ISP. Does anyone in the Ahascragh area of Galway have this and what kind of speeds do you receive. Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭emm80

LOL
    Just got a text saying installations will be started by the week of 19th December
    Will keep an eye on this thread and see how people get on with it

Same, got it earlier not long after my cancelation and refund email. I have lightnet coming tmrw to test and install, if it's over 20mb I'll go with them, if it's less, I think I'll stick with sky's 3mb and wait for Fibre......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,222 ✭✭✭irishchris

emm80 wrote: »
    Same, got it earlier not long after my cancelation and refund email. I have lightnet coming tmrw to test and install, if it's over 20mb I'll go with them, if it's less, I think I'll stick with sky's 3mb and wait for Fibre......

Let us know how the test goes tomorrow

emm80 wrote: »

Will you update tomorrow please

• Advertisement

Ya, sure thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭seanvanseanvan

What I will say is look back over this thread as much as possible.

Lots of complaints about the poor level of service and communication of their customer services section.

Talk to people who have had them before.

PM if you want.

Reported for spamming the thread

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Goreme

Hello All. I need to connect a WiFi dongle to a zGemma satellite receiver. The setup is looking for the encryption type and encryption key. I don't suppose Imagine LTE supply these? Does anyone know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,017 ✭✭✭tsue921i8wljb3

Goreme wrote: »
    Hello All. I need to connect a WiFi dongle to a zGemma satellite receiver. The setup is looking for the encryption type and encryption key. I don't suppose Imagine LTE supply these? Does anyone know?

WPA2 Personal with AES for both 2.4 and 5GHz

Encryption Key is your wifi password thst you should have been given on the day of your installation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

Got this installed Monday morning, i was a bit put off when i asked for the router IP for managing my home net work to be told that they dont give that out due to being able to access the satellite.

However i can live with it as the speeds are really good, off peak it is 50 + and peak hours its between 25-45. Which is much improved over the 2MB eir line i was on.

Customer care and external site support definitely seem a bit off and come across as a little shoddy.

My wishlist right now is a clear way to monitor the broadband usage on a daily basis.

Calhoun wrote: »
    Got this installed Monday morning, i was a bit put off when i asked for the router IP for managing my home net work to be told that they dont give that out due to being able to access the satellite.

However i can live with it as the speeds are really good, off peak it is 50 + and peak hours its between 25-45. Which is much improved over the 2MB eir line i was on.

Customer care and external site support definitely seem a bit off and come across as a little shoddy.

My wishlist right now is a clear way to monitor the broadband usage on a daily basis.

Good morning. Does that mean that we can't log into the router to check devices on the network? Hmmm that's not great really . I always liked to have control of my home network.

Exactly that if you want to do mac address filtering ect for a crazy reason like there being a 20 gb cap on the Internet you cannot.

Well I lie you can but you have to call their tech support.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭NakQuada

what router did they supply you with?
    mine is a greenpacket one

Thanks for info. I'm sure I'll get over that issue especially if the speeds are better. Currently getting 5mb so any more will be a bonus. I often logged onto router to reboot if it was running slow.

Not a clue not a brand I recognise.

• Advertisement

Calhoun wrote: »
    Not a clue not a brand I recognise.

If you go to the router's IP address, what does it show?

Doesn't say anything locked behind authentication.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 787 ✭✭✭ArKl0w

goosey11 wrote: »
    Good morning. Does that mean that we can't log into the router to check devices on the network? Hmmm that's not great really . I always liked to have control of my home network.

The work around is to use an old router you may have as your access point
    A phone call to tech support and they will set that up with you as it's messy unless you know what you're doing as you'll need to change the IP address on your old spare router and there will be trial and error

Does anyone know how uploads affect bandwidth?
    Is 20GB total bandwidth or is that just download?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Alter-Ego

NakQuada wrote: »
    Does anyone know how uploads affect bandwidth?
    Is 20GB total bandwidth or is that just download?
    Total bandwidth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 787 ✭✭✭ArKl0w

Unfortunately it's a combined up and down cap

Just to add to what I said about the router control workaround above
    You will be connecting your old spare router to theirs not replacing theirs

Once you have that set up,it would be worth your while buying some cat 5 cable and relocating your spare router to a better place in the house for all round the house wifi
    But if you're doing that,remember speeds will be a lot faster with devices connected by cable rather than wifi
    So with torrents put your laptop or PC beside their router and plug in there,just monitor on your PC what you've used

It's definitely a pain in the ar5e to have to monitor if your daily usage is regularly going to be hugging that cap

That said recent reports here suggest the throttle if you go over is 5 or 6mb so still very useable
    That might vary per mast,I don't know though because earlier in this thread there are those who were pushed down to 1mb
    It might vary on your distance from the mast either
    Being throttled lasts until midnight on the day you go over
    At midnight you're reset back to your normal speed

Cheers Arkl0w . I recently checked my vodafone usage and I would only go to around 5 Gb in a day that was a max. Considering I stream a lot of movies my wife uses Netflix on iPad and young lad is on Xbox so I'm thinking 20gb should not be an issue. Now in saying that when you are only getting 5mb downloads you wouldn't use data as quick as if you were getting 40+. I'm interested to actually see what speeds I'll get in my area. Hopefully they are decent.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,940 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

goosey11 wrote: »
    Cheers Arkl0w . I recently checked my vodafone usage and I would only go to around 5 Gb in a day that was a max. Considering I stream a lot of movies my wife uses Netflix on iPad and young lad is on Xbox so I'm thinking 20gb should not be an issue. Now in saying that when you are only getting 5mb downloads you wouldn't use data as quick as if you were getting 40+. I'm interested to actually see what speeds I'll get in my area. Hopefully they are decent.

the only issue you could have is if your son is downloading games onto his xbox. Those would have to be managed over 3 to 4 days so that normal internet activity can also take place.

Was actually thinking that Gonzo. I'll try and sort that out when the time arises. He wouldn't be downloading games regularly only every once ina while. Once he has the games downloaded he downloads the dlc's which are usually only small packet files. Max of 1Gb. I recently bought a 4K tv and I use Netflix but according to Netflix I need 15-20mb to stream 4K. Was only getting 5mb. Looking forward to seeing what it looks like.😀

• Advertisement

irishchris wrote: »
    Let us know how the test goes tomorrow

Well they were almost 2 hours late for starters... Lightnet test failed, no signal from 2 masts and the third was not above their install minimum which I think is 3mb.ah well ,I'm guessing imagine would be on the same towers so I'm probably goosed!

Advertisement