Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Imagine LTE Rural Broadband

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭kazoo106

I don't have a link but can confirm - Level 3 and GTT were the main victims of whatever it was. This affected a wrath of ISP's in Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭kazoo106

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

What's the benefit of using my own router as an access point? I have coverage throughout my house, any other positives other than wifi coverage?

Also dns issue seems to be fixed!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭chrismon

Thanks for that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,209 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

PADRAIC.M wrote: »
    What's the benefit of using my own router as an access point? I have coverage throughout my house, any other positives other than wifi coverage?

Also dns issue seems to be fixed!

Well the imagine one is a fairly sh*tty piece of kit that you don't even have access to, it'll do a job but my own router has a better WiFi signal and I can configure my own network as I see fit. It also has more network ports for plugging in wired devices.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭godskitchen

Lads, their DNS servers, you wouldn't believe how old and outdated they are.

Get used to DNS issues. They have been a feature of Imagines for a long time and they always either claim there is no problem and lie or they don't know.

I'm not sure which is worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭lolliedog

Anyone notice a drop in speeds over the last few days?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,222 ✭✭✭irishchris

Just got a text from imagine telling new my payment details need updating as my previous card which they had on file has expired. Funny thing is I have left their service and am fully paid up. Good luck imagine trying to fleece me for monies that are not due now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 787 ✭✭✭ArKl0w

Today must be the day for erroneous billing texts from companies
    I got one myself today for Vodafone at home broadband even though the account is closed and ported
    I was amused

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,729 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Got a bill yesterday from them. I rang them today and closed my account. Apparently they have been trying to contact me. Well they chose to turnoff my signal so I have no house phone or broadband to read my emails. Mobile coverage is crap here too. They are looking into an alternative service for me....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

I was getting text and mails off Imagine for around 5 months after.

Thankfully I killed the DD.

Have to say I have issues with other providers and billing but none came close to the calamitous actions of Imagine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭morgana

lolliedog wrote: »
    Anyone notice a drop in speeds over the last few days?
    Nope. All good, no issues (except for Windows deciding it needs to put my connection into Flight mode and refuse to take it off :)) A hard reboot fixed that :P)

I was getting text and mails off Imagine for around 5 months after.

Thankfully I killed the DD.

Have to say I have issues with other providers and billing but none came close to the calamitous actions of Imagine.

I blacklisted imagine with my bank a few weeks back after hearing of your billing issues with them so cheers for posting that earlier. Still found it funny though to see imagine asking me to update my billing info so they can charge me for a service that I am no longer signed up to lol

You'll have to change each device individually as you can't access the Imagine router.

https://www.opendns.com/setupguide/

I tried this but it does not work, any advise?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,017 ✭✭✭tsue921i8wljb3

I tried this but it does not work, any advise?

Sorry but could you be more specific? What issue were you trying to resolve, what did you do and what was the outcome?

Sorry but could you be more specific? What issue were you trying to resolve, what did you do and what was the outcome?

Change current DNS to opendns on my androids tablet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭KOR101

Imagine aiming to roll out its wireless broadband service to one million homes

speaking to the Irish Independent, Mr Bolger said that the company has spent about €20m between 2015 and 2016 deploying its wireless LTE (Long Term Evolution) broadband technology service. That roll-out is continuing.

It has done a soft launch with the product in areas where it has been installed, and expects to intensify the sales effort.

Mr Bolger said that Imagine sells the LTE broadband service as being capable of achieving speeds of up to 70 Mbps, but that many users are actually reporting much higher speeds of up to 100 Mbps. Imagine already has enough LTE coverage to reach about 500,000 premises in Ireland.

Newly filed accounts for Imagine Communications show that it slashed its losses from €10.4m in 2014 to €4.7m last year.

It also became profitable on an earnings before interest, tax, depreciation and amortisation basis.

Mr Bolger said that the losses incurred in 2015 were largely due to non-cash write-downs and impairments associated with its previous Wi-Max plan.

Imagine sued Motorola in 2010 alleging breach of contract and negligence arising from the roll-out of a WiMax network. Motorola had counter-sued Imagine and denied the Imagine's claims.

When it initiated the action, Imagine claimed that the delay in the roll-out of the WiMax network resulted in the Irish company shouldering financial problems and losses because of a failure to connect consumers to the internet, or because of poor connectivity.

Last month, Imagine and Motorola settled out of court in a confidential agreement.

But it's possible that Imagine received tens of millions of euro under the terms of the settlement.

In 2014, Imagine secured €50m from an international infrastructure fund to fund its new LTE network.

Imagine - whose shareholders include NTR and Kilsaran Concrete - also brought in new investors at the time, with a consortium of French backers having injected €2.6m of equity into the Irish company. Imagine's €31.6m net debt at the end of 2014 was also cut by €5.1m under an agreement.

Change current DNS to opendns on my androids tablet.

And you were not able to change it on the tablet. Is that correct?

And you were not able to change it on the tablet. Is that correct?

Correct..

Correct..

If you've followed the instructions in the Android section of the guide and it has not worked I'm afraid I can't be of any more help.

https://support.opendns.com/hc/en-us/articles/228009007-Android-Configuration-instructions-for-OpenDNS

Basically it involves giving your Android device a static ip in the range 192.168.15.x where x is a number from 2 to 254 then inputting the addresses of the DNS servers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭lfc2000

Finally got installed yesterday. The fitter told me I had 50 download. Like everyone else in my village, seemed a little convenient but anyway I tested it with him and I got 26mbs. Tested again got 46 and this was on WiFi through the phone so I knew there was more. Last night on laptop was getting 93 back to 70 with the cat 5 line plugged in but my issue is about 6 times I had dropped connection and back working 1 minute later. I run my sly tv off it so I could see it as it stopped everytime. I wouldn't notice this if I was streaming as by the time it buffered on I wouldn't see that signal drop because it would be back. Did anyone else have this issue . Like speed is great when plugged direct from router. But from 30 to 60 over WiFi on phone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭alec76

lfc2000 wrote: »
    . Like speed is great when plugged direct from router. But from 30 to 60 over WiFi on phone.
    This is quite normal, unless you've got top of the range WI-Fi router .

Finally got installed yesterday. The fitter told me I had 50 download. Like everyone else in my village, seemed a little convenient but anyway I tested it with him and I got 26mbs. Tested again got 46 and this was on WiFi through the phone so I knew there was more. Last night on laptop was getting 93 back to 70 with the cat 5 line plugged in but my issue is about 6 times I had dropped connection and back working 1 minute later. I run my sly tv off it so I could see it as it stopped everytime. I wouldn't notice this if I was streaming as by the time it buffered on I wouldn't see that signal drop because it would be back. Did anyone else have this issue . Like speed is great when plugged direct from router. But from 30 to 60 over WiFi on phone.

Good to see you finally got connected mate.hope the speeds hold up good for you but so far so good by looks of it.

irishchris wrote: »
    Good to see you finally got connected mate.hope the speeds hold up good for you but so far so good by looks of it.

Thanks Chris. Ye will have to wait and see. So far so good. I hope I don't get the cap u got.I see not as many complaints now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,253 ✭✭✭✭km79

Thanks Chris. Ye will have to wait and see. So far so good. I hope I don't get the cap u got.I see not as many complaints now

After my failed lightnet install I am now back monitoring this thread with interest ........I wonder would imagine honour the free month they offered me if I change my mind now :D

km79 wrote: »
    After my failed lightnet install I am now back monitoring this thread with interest ........I wonder would imagine honour the free month they offered me if I change my mind now :D

Nothing is for free lad. In Ireland that is.😉😉😉

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,061 ✭✭✭ItHurtsWhenIP

KOR101 wrote: »
    Imagine aiming to roll out its wireless broadband service to one million homes

speaking to the Irish Independent, Mr Bolger said that the company has spent about €20m between 2015 and 2016 deploying its wireless LTE (Long Term Evolution) broadband technology service. That roll-out is continuing.

It has done a soft launch with the product in areas where it has been installed, and expects to intensify the sales effort.

Mr Bolger said that Imagine sells the LTE broadband service as being capable of achieving speeds of up to 70 Mbps, but that many users are actually reporting much higher speeds of up to 100 Mbps. Imagine already has enough LTE coverage to reach about 500,000 premises in Ireland.

Newly filed accounts for Imagine Communications show that it slashed its losses from €10.4m in 2014 to €4.7m last year.

It also became profitable on an earnings before interest, tax, depreciation and amortisation basis.

Mr Bolger said that the losses incurred in 2015 were largely due to non-cash write-downs and impairments associated with its previous Wi-Max plan.

Imagine sued Motorola in 2010 alleging breach of contract and negligence arising from the roll-out of a WiMax network. Motorola had counter-sued Imagine and denied the Imagine's claims.

When it initiated the action, Imagine claimed that the delay in the roll-out of the WiMax network resulted in the Irish company shouldering financial problems and losses because of a failure to connect consumers to the internet, or because of poor connectivity.

Last month, Imagine and Motorola settled out of court in a confidential agreement.

But it's possible that Imagine received tens of millions of euro under the terms of the settlement.

In 2014, Imagine secured €50m from an international infrastructure fund to fund its new LTE network.

Imagine - whose shareholders include NTR and Kilsaran Concrete - also brought in new investors at the time, with a consortium of French backers having injected €2.6m of equity into the Irish company. Imagine's €31.6m net debt at the end of 2014 was also cut by €5.1m under an agreement.

Link for anybody that's interested ... no comments section?!?!?!:eek: Again...:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

Link for anybody that's interested ... no comments section?!?!?!:eek: Again...:rolleyes:

First time I've ever seen an article saying "hey, this ISP sells itself as X but can get up to X++"
    Tosh!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,586 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

I wonder how worried Imagine are that the like of Vodafone and others with deep pockets might come in a take large chunks of spectrum at auction?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

The Cush wrote: »
    I wonder how worried Imagine are that the like of Vodafone and others with deep pockets might come in a take large chunks of spectrum at auction?

Id say they aren't, counting on political pressure to not kill newly connected users. Hope they lose it all though the way they're carrying on.

Advertisement