Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Imagine LTE Rural Broadband

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭i_steal_sheep

long_b wrote: »
    These days do they still take the 100 euro charge off when you apply or do they do a site test first?

I had to pony up the cash. I didn't even get a receipt or welcome pack or anything. Just took the money and I'm doing all the chasing since.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,318 ✭✭✭rob808

I had to pony up the cash. I didn't even get a receipt or welcome pack or anything. Just took the money and I'm doing all the chasing since.
    That Imagine for yea take the money and make you chase after them :D.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 487 ✭✭Chorus_suck

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,253 ✭✭✭✭km79

rob808 wrote: »
    That Imagine for yea take the money and make you chase after them :D.
    It's been 13 working days since my refund was processed to be rebates within 10

• Closed Accounts Posts: 787 ✭✭✭ArKl0w

Apologies in advance for the question that's probably already been asked ... but ... what numbers can the phone call? I think Imagine said local and national, but are calls to mobiles included (or even possible)?

Also, can anyone recommend a good cordless handset?

All landlines in the Republic and Northern Ireland
    I use a Panasonic dect which has great coverage and an answering machine
    You'll find them in the usual stores for maybe 40 to 60 quid

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭tomred1N

Just got installed today.
    They had to fit the router in the attic as house is airtight and my conduit piping has a bend in it that we couldn't get the cable through. Speed on direct connection to router was 50mbps but is less around the house due to router in attic. I will try to cable it down but in the meantime is it worth trying the TP links and wireless booster that installer left as an option on one of their leaflets. Speed in house varies so far from 25 to 48 so a massive improvement on existing QSat.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭kesey

tomred1N wrote: »
    Just got installed today.
    They had to fit the router in the attic as house is airtight and my conduit piping has a bend in it that we couldn't get the cable through. Speed on direct connection to router was 50mbps but is less around the house due to router in attic. I will try to cable it down but in the meantime is it worth trying the TP links and wireless booster that installer left as an option on one of their leaflets. Speed in house varies so far from 25 to 48 so a massive improvement on existing QSat.

tomred, just in case your efforts to mouse the Imagine cable from your attic do not succeed, do you have an electricity socket in your attic? If yes, then you could consider plugging in a Homeplug in to it e.g.
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/TL-PA8030P-KIT-Powerline-Configuration-UK/dp/B00X59GJGC/ref=sr_1_4?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1481731509&sr=1-4&keywords=homeplug

You could then plug in the companion Homeplug somwhere central in your house, and run an ethernet cable from that to your TP-Link router. You would then be sorted with good speed all around the house.

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭tomred1N

kesey wrote: »
    tomred, just in case your efforts to mouse the Imagine cable from your attic do not succeed, do you have an electricity socket in your attic? If yes, then you could consider plugging in a Homeplug in to it e.g.
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/TL-PA8030P-KIT-Powerline-Configuration-UK/dp/B00X59GJGC/ref=sr_1_4?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1481731509&sr=1-4&keywords=homeplug

You could then plug in the companion Homeplug somwhere central in your house, and run an ethernet cable from that to your TP-Link router. You would then be sorted with good speed all around the house.

Thanks Kesey.
    I have a plug in the attic so picked up one of these today.

http://www.pcworld.ie/Mobile/Product/tplink-tlwpa4220kit-av500-wireless-powerline-adapter-kit-twin-pack/316396/402.0.9

Not sure how this compares to the one on the link you added but seems to have wifi connection too. So I connect this to plug in attic, Ethernet cable to router in attic. Then plug in other one downstairs connect by Ethernet cable to TV. Also have wifi option for phone /tablets and can move it to office if I need during the day . Haven't setup yet in case I have missed something and need to return !

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭kesey

tomred1N wrote: »
    Thanks Kesey.
    I have a plug in the attic so picked up one of these today.

http://www.pcworld.ie/Mobile/Product/tplink-tlwpa4220kit-av500-wireless-powerline-adapter-kit-twin-pack/316396/402.0.9

Not sure how this compares to the one on the link you added but seems to have wifi connection too. So I connect this to plug in attic, Ethernet cable to router in attic. Then plug in other one downstairs connect by Ethernet cable to TV. Also have wifi option for phone /tablets and can move it to office if I need during the day . Haven't setup yet in case I have missed something and need to return !

The one I posted about has 3x1Gb Ethernet outlet ports, and allows you to plug in another item requiring electric power to its exterior.

Other than that the home plugs you bought will be fine. I see they are rated for 300 Mbps. If you can get near that you'll be a happy camper:-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭TireeTerror

The one I posted about has 3x1Gb Ethernet outlet ports, and allows you to plug in another item requiring electric power to its exterior.

Other than that the home plugs you bought will be fine. I see they are rated for 300 Mbps. If you can get near that you'll be a happy camper:-)

The vast majority of these companies are misleading customers, especially TP Link. They boast huge speeds in their advertising, yet only fit them with 10/100 ethernet ports. Utterly disgraceful. For Imagine internet speeds you might just get away with it, but for other things like home networking you could have issues when streaming HD content. I know I did a year ago when I got Virgin and had 360Mb on my 500Mb TP Link gear, only to be limited to 100Mb ethernet ports. I was furious. I ended up drilling a hole in the external wall and running a Cat6 cable up to my office upstairs.

• Advertisement

km79 wrote: »
    after the failed lightning install I began to weaken again.......so I rang imagine just there as I'd received a text after requesting refund saying site in Cappatagle would be live !I'd December ...........again they couldn't find !y account details which they didn't need anyway as all I wanted to know was when site ws going live. After 5 minutes he told me it was now live Mid January ..........he didn't say of which year :D

Still waiting on refund which was to be 10 working days from Nov 27th
    Emailed yday
    Email back today to say they can't find my account and to call them ..............

• Closed Accounts Posts: 665 ✭✭✭OverRide

Still waiting on refund which was to be 10 working days from Nov 27th
    Emailed yday
    Email back today to say they can't find my account and to call them ..............

I'm puzzled
    You'd have had the charge back in less than 2 business days over six weeks ago...
    You mustn't want the money,in which case if you are considering trying them when they do go live,why bother with all this?
    They either are or they aren't going to be successful getting pipe to your local high site but either way you're no worse off than now

OverRide wrote: »
    I'm puzzled
    You'd have had the charge back in less than 2 business days over six weeks ago...
    You mustn't want the money,in which case if you are considering trying them when they do go live,why bother with all this?
    They either are or they aren't going to be successful getting pipe to your local high site but either way you're no worse off than now

I work from 9-5 every day
    The nearest PTSB branch is in Galway city 40 km away
    I wanted to give them the chance to just do the refund themselves and save the hassle .
    It's not unreasonable to exepct this ? And they assured me it would be done within 10 working days so I waited ?
    And now the 10 days have passed .
    I will NOT be considering them when they go live
    I know I will get my money eventually and am merely updating the thread to keep people considering them up to date with their levels of "customer service " as many others had done before and helped inform me

I won't bother anymore

You can do the chargeback over the phone
    Companies don't like refunds with card payments by the way because of the risk people will also do a charge back and end up with double the money
    Not saying that's what's going on here but I know my bank will do a credit card refund charge back over the phone
    If yours doesn't,get them to Post out the form and post it back

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭seanvanseanvan

OverRide wrote: »
    You can do the chargeback over the phone
    Companies don't like refunds with card payments by the way because of the risk people will also do a charge back and end up with double the money
    Not saying that's what's going on here but I know my bank will do a credit card refund charge back over the phone
    If yours doesn't,get them to Post out the form and post it back

I pointed this out to him already yet he still continues to update us with imagine lack of customer care ( which we know about ) but as long as I keep getting the speeds I am then I ain't bothered :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 31 cappy123

after the failed lightning install I began to weaken again.......so I rang imagine just there as I'd received a text after requesting refund saying site in Cappatagle would be live !I'd December ...........again they couldn't find !y account details which they didn't need anyway as all I wanted to know was when site ws going live. After 5 minutes he told me it was now live Mid January ..........he didn't say of which year :D

They are still telling me as of this morning installs will commence on 19th Dec :D:D

Again I was driving past the tower and they have still not installed any antennas or microwave dishes for the transmission so I would love to know how they are going to get a signal at my house next week with no network radiating from the tower in Cappatagle. They are a complete and utter shambles.

cappy123 wrote: »
    They are still telling me as of this morning installs will commence on 19th Dec :D:D

Again I was driving past the tower and they have still not installed any antennas or microwave dishes for the transmission so I would love to know how they are going to get a signal at my house next week with no network radiating from the tower in Cappatagle. They are a complete and utter shambles.

I take it back, just drove through cappatagle and Imagine are on site, they expect to be live by the end of the day!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 787 ✭✭✭ArKl0w

I take it back, just drove through cappatagle and Imagine are on site, they expect to be live by the end of the day!!!!!!

Yeah when they get to the site and it has power and pipe they are very quick,is that the same site km might be able to use?

ArKl0w wrote: »
    Yeah when they get to the site and it has power and pipe they are very quick,is that the same site km might be able to use?

Going by his posts I'd say it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭vidapura

There's some snazzy options for the homeplugs this weather..

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B007FSE8XU/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_S_img?_encoding=UTF8&colid=2EN16GJ1DS9AE&coliid=I7XB9BQLK5VNK

Pricey but I like the tidyness...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,940 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

I dunno if this has been mentioned before but I just come across another wireless LTE provider for the Louth and Cavan regions. They provide up to 40megs download speed, have a 25 gigs per day download limit which is Unlimited between the hours of midnight and 6am and all for 45 euros per month.

To me that sounds much more attractive than Imagine LTE if your living in those counties.

https://net1.ie/infinity/

will I get sucked back in yet ..................ya man told me on the phone the last day mid January at the earliest. I don't think the left hand knows what the right hand is doing !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Alter-Ego

Gonzo wrote: »
    I dunno if this has been mentioned before but I just come across another wireless LTE provider for the Louth and Cavan regions. They provide up to 40megs download speed, have a 25 gigs per day download limit which is Unlimited between the hours of midnight and 6am and all for 45 euros per month.

To me that sounds much more attractive than Imagine LTE if your living in those counties.

https://net1.ie/infinity/
    From what I've heard from people who have used Net 1, they make Imagine look like kings of customer service. Some really bad experiences. I know one person who was happy with the service, but they never had any technical or billings issues so didn't need to contact their customer service.

I'm within their coverage area, called them several times to arrange an install/site survey, but they never get back to me. They're a small operation, and don't seem terribly organised. Have decided to go with a mobile broadband setup instead.

Aaaaaaaaaggghhhhhhhh They have now told me they need to run extra tests as I may be outside of the footprint. 14.6Km. I knew this would happen, anyone else that sort of distance out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭TireeTerror

Alter-Ego wrote: »
    From what I've heard from people who have used Net 1, they make Imagine look like kings of customer service. Some really bad experiences. I know one person who was happy with the service, but they never had any technical or billings issues so didn't need to contact their customer service.

I'm within their coverage area, called them several times to arrange an install/site survey, but they never get back to me. They're a small operation, and don't seem terribly organised. Have decided to go with a mobile broadband setup instead.

I was with Net1 in 3 consecutive premises when I lived in County Louth. I will admit their CS wasnt amazing, but I was not lied to the way I have by Imagine.

Its interesting to note that net1 LTE has unlimited downloads from midnight to 6am every day and a 25GB limit. Although the speeds are not as fast, though thats not always as important as the amount of data.

Aaaaaaaaaggghhhhhhhh They have now told me they need to run extra tests as I may be outside of the footprint. 14.6Km. I knew this would happen, anyone else that sort of distance out

To be fair to them at least they are doing that and maybe learning the lesson of not installing where signal is too weak to guarantee more than a patchy service
    Hopefully you'll be ok,especially if you can see the hill the mast is on

How did they find this out ? Was the engineer out already ?

On google maps I am 16km by road to cappatagle
    Assume it's a few km less as the crow flies BUT there are woods in the way
    I would not hold out much hope TBH

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭emm80

Damn, gott that text today too, is 14.6km the limit? I'm down past kilconnell and got refunded last week, tempting......

emm80 wrote: »
    Damn, gott that text today too, is 14.6km the limit? I'm down past kilconnell and got refunded last week, tempting......

We are all getting tempted again now LOL even though every bone in my body is screaming NO

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭alec76

I am definitely outside 14.6 km( google maps), still hitting speeds up to 90 mbits ,
    SINR 26db
    RSRP 95 db

Advertisement