Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Imagine LTE Rural Broadband

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,253 ✭✭✭✭km79

alec76 wrote: »
    I am definitely outside 14.6 km( google maps), still hitting speeds up to 90 mbits ,
    SINR 26db
    RSRP 95 db

How do ya find out the distance using google maps - not road distance ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭alec76

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,061 ✭✭✭ItHurtsWhenIP

I'm fairly sure there are some closer to 20KM that have been connected. I believe that was the limit though.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 cappy123

Line of sight is not that important as it works the same as mobile networks what will cause an issue is clipping etc of the signal from the antenna. Just will have to wait and see, so frustrating waiting since August and could be a waste of time. If this doesn't work I will have to wait for SIRO to come to the townlands in 2031. It is unbelievable that SIRO was formed to hit the areas that have poor broadband to deliver FTTB but they are concentrating on the major cities 1st?

• Advertisement

cappy123 wrote: »
    Line of sight is not that important as it works the same as mobile networks what will cause an issue is clipping etc of the signal from the antenna. Just will have to wait and see, so frustrating waiting since August and could be a waste of time. If this doesn't work I will have to wait for SIRO to come to the townlands in 2031. It is unbelievable that SIRO was formed to hit the areas that have poor broadband to deliver FTTB but they are concentrating on the major cities 1st?

How did you find out though ? Did someone call out to the house today to you ? Is the site live

km79 wrote: »
    How did you find out though ? Did someone call out to the house today to you ? Is the site live

I was out by the tower today and was talking to the riggers who were commissioning the site, I then got a text asking me to pick an install date which was followed up by a call from Imagine to let me know that they were sending someone out on Monday to do a signal check from my house.

I was out by the tower today and was talking to the riggers who were commissioning the site, I then got a text asking me to pick an install date which was followed up by a call from Imagine to let me know that they were sending someone out on Monday to do a signal check from my house.

Thanks i might ring them in morning so

Thanks i might ring them in morning so

What townland are you in?

What townland are you in?

Killimordaly (kiltullagh/attymon )

• Advertisement

Killimordaly (kiltullagh/attymon )

Fair distance like myself Im on the Ballinasloe side. I will let ye know how it goes on Monday

Fair distance like myself Im on the Ballinasloe side. I will let ye know how it goes on Monday

Thanks do
    I actullay had airwire lined up for weds . Much inferior product for a similar price BUT they also use the cappatagle mast and the contract was only 6 months so I was going to use them and see how it went .
    Won't bother now .
    If I fail IMAGINE test I'll fail theirs too anyway

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,815 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Line of sight is not that important as it works the same as mobile networks...

Not quite the same. 3.6GHz is way poorer at non-LoS than (say) 1.8GHz.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 531 ✭✭✭tiny timy

Hi, thinking of joining imagine in the Longford area. Can someone please post a speed test with latency and speeds and roughly how far you are from a mast please? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

Has anyone heard anything about an online portal to check usage yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Johnfred

No sign of the home phone on mobile app either.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 487 ✭✭Chorus_suck

This post has been deleted.

This post has been deleted.
    What is the terrain like between you and the high site?

So I rang this morning ...........took 10 minutes to find account again because it was an "abandoned sale"
    Refund had NOT been processed . Nothing has been done on it at all.
    She could not confirm for sure that site was live Monday but I told her what was said to you
    Sales team not open today
    So I've to ring back Monday and resign up and they will move the 100 euro over to that account . I've also been told the promise of one month free will stand .........
    Will see how you get on
    I'll either go ahead with them or do a charge back as suggested
    3 weeks since the promised refund and nothing done on it is outrageous to be fair

• Registered Users Posts: 42 AH2016

Tiny Timy. I can't reply to pm due to not having posted enough so hopefully you see this here. I am very happy with it so far. I think I'm about 10km from the mast and always have a speed above 75/80mb and have highs of 98/99mb. Ping is generally always 20ms or there about. I'm not sure if cairn Hill would cover your area but they may have a mast in roscommon that may be closer. Overall I'm very happy so far.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 787 ✭✭✭ArKl0w

So I rang this morning ...........took 10 minutes to find account again because it was an "abandoned sale"
    Refund had NOT been processed . Nothing has been done on it at all.
    She could not confirm for sure that site was live Monday but I told her what was said to you
    Sales team not open today
    So I've to ring back Monday and resign up and they will move the 100 euro over to that account . I've also been told the promise of one month free will stand .........
    Will see how you get on
    I'll either go ahead with them or do a charge back as suggested
    3 weeks since the promised refund and nothing done on it is outrageous to be fair

I'm sending you to talk to Vodafone for me so,4 calls to them ,3 emails ,4 promises to close the account
    2 new bills issued
    €90 bill issued now and debt collectors threatened to me

Comreg is my next port of call with them
    I'm not stressing because I know I'm in the right as the port was done notice given all documented etc

My point to you is,We all know at this stage how crap the paperwork follow up is with Imagine but in your case,the service is in sight and if you proceed and it works,then you're in heaven
    If it fails,do the chargeback and the lesson from this thread is if it works poorly or not at all after install,then use comreg procedure to leave
    That's the way to go with a stopgap
    Hopefully we'll all have a fibre to the home option in the next 5 years or so
    That seems to be one good prospect arising out of a hung Dail
    Things get done

ArKl0w wrote: »
    I'm sending you to talk to Vodafone for me so,4 calls to them ,3 emails ,4 promises to close the account
    2 new bills issued
    €90 bill issued now and debt collectors threatened to me

Comreg is my next port of call with them
    I'm not stressing because I know I'm in the right as the port was done notice given all documented etc

My point to you is,We all know at this stage how crap the paperwork follow up is with Imagine but in your case,the service is in sight and if you proceed and it works,then you're in heaven
    If it fails,do the chargeback and the lesson from this thread is if it works poorly or not at all after install,then use comreg procedure to leave
    That's the way to go with a stopgap
    Hopefully we'll all have a fibre to the home option in the next 5 years or so
    That seems to be one good prospect arising out of a hung Dail
    Things get done

I agree with you now
    May as well chance it at this point
    I've a feeling the install will fail anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 28 goosey11

Getting installed on Monday. I'm in Ahascragh. I will update when I know what speeds I can get

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭emm80

Well, I got canceled and got a refund few weeks back but texted them yesterday for the crack, they sent me an email welcoming me to imagine just now.....

goosey11 wrote: »
    Getting installed on Monday. I'm in Ahascragh. I will update when I know what speeds I can get

I'm in annaghbeg/Ballyglass area so if yours work mine should. Keep me posted please

emm80 wrote: »
    Well, I got canceled and got a refund few weeks back but texted them yesterday for the crack, they sent me an email welcoming me to imagine just now.....

How did you text them ???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 531 ✭✭✭tiny timy

Do you have to get it with the phone for €60 ir can you get it without the phone for cheaper? Have no interest in getting the phone.

This is the panoramic from the tower in cappatagle facing kilimordaly area pretty clear shot for miles

180.jpg

This is the panoramic from the tower in cappatagle facing kilimordaly area pretty clear shot for miles

180.jpg

Lot of trees around our site though facing east
    Half off them have been topped so the NE and E
    Those to the SE have not

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭emm80

How did you text them ???

When i signed up in September, I gave my number and the missus as contacts, they have all been updating her via txt, even though I cancelled..... We'll see where it goes

Advertisement