Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Imagine LTE Rural Broadband

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31 cappy123

km79 wrote: »
    Just off the phone to them
    Had to call me back cos they could not locate my Account again !
    Getting first month feee as promised and back to my original position on install list
    Waiting for call from them
    Probably as well off to wait till after Xmas now anyway

Nice one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

diomed wrote: »
    Many thanks for all the replies.
    I'm in south Dublin.
    My TV is old cable with just the basic channels and some of those aren't working (CH4). Perhaps it is time to get the TV and broadband fixed in one go. I would prefer not to have holes drilled in my walls putting in wires but I'm sure they must.
    I've had the Imagine unannounced cut-off before (1) about two weeks one July for no reason (Imagine internal stuff?) (2) my credit card hit its end date: no contact from them and cut off. I phoned and gave them my new card new expiry date. OK for a month then cut off again. They didn't set up a recurring payment, just charged one month.

Any ideas for TV+broadband. I'm not a "watching box sets" person.

Yeh look that's Imagine for you.

Go for a cheap DSL package if you only need to do a small amount of browsing.

A reputable company like vodafone or Eir are less likely to treat their customers like that. Imagine are renowned for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,253 ✭✭✭✭km79

Have many people failed the install ????
    There are a lot of trees in my vicinity

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭emm80

cappy123 wrote: »
    Had a signal test today from Cappataggle I'm approx. 14.6km away all good. After 10 years of trying to get faster than 1mbit it feels a lot like Christmas

Great to hear. I'm about 10km from cappy mast, can I ask what direction your in? Are you clear of trees/on a hill or anything? Did they say what speed you would b getting?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Mr Velo

Anyone here with the Huawei router? If so, how many "signal" LED's are lit on the top of your router? Mine only has 3 (out of 5) lit, and having some issues with high ping times over the past few nights... as well as speed drop offs. Just want to have all my info before spending another hour of my life on the phone to support.

• Advertisement

emm80 wrote: »
    Great to hear. I'm about 10km from cappy mast, can I ask what direction your in? Are you clear of trees/on a hill or anything? Did they say what speed you would b getting?

They are calling to me tomorrow to do the pretest on site

• Registered Users Posts: 28 goosey11

Got connected to cappy mast today. Hitting 98mb speeds. Extremely happy.

goosey11 wrote: »
    Got connected to cappy mast today. Hitting 98mb speeds. Extremely happy.

where are you located and where did they attach antenna

where are you located and where did they attach antenna

I'm in Ahascragh. They put it on the chimney at back of house so can't see it from the road. So it's perfect. Check photo. Just did speed test now.

I'm in Ahascragh. They put it on the chimney at back of house so can't see it from the road. So it's perfect. Check photo. Just did speed test now.

Did they come out to do a site test in advance of the full install ?

• Advertisement

Did they come out to do a site test in advance of the full install ?

They arrived today to test and install. I couldn't pick up the Mount Mary site which I was told I was going to be connected to. They told me I wasn't picking up much so they tried the cappotagle site. He smiled at me and said speeds are registering in excess of 100mb. So they connected me to that. I'm very happy because I was getting 5mb of Vodafone. Happy days

They arrived today to test and install. I couldn't pick up the Mount Mary site which I was told I was going to be connected to. They told me I wasn't picking up much so they tried the cappotagle site. He smiled at me and said speeds are registering in excess of 100mb. So they connected me to that. I'm very happy because I was getting 5mb of Vodafone. Happy days

I got a phone call this evening saying they are coming tomorrow to test only
    I told her I was working tomorrow but was off all day Wednesday so tonleave it till then
    she insisted they come tomorrow and said I don't need to be there ......I explained to her that we live in the middle of NOWHERE and I'd be unable to answer my phone from 9-6 . She said it will be grand they have the Eircode. I don't think they understand the reality of country like and Eircodes :D

either way I'd rather have been here but they are coming

I got a phone call this evening saying they are coming tomorrow to test only
    I told her I was working tomorrow but was off all day Wednesday so tonleave it till then
    she insisted they come tomorrow and said I don't need to be there ......I explained to her that we live in the middle of NOWHERE and I'd be unable to answer my phone from 9-6 . She said it will be grand they have the Eircode. I don't think they understand the reality of country like and Eircodes :D

either way I'd rather have been here but they are coming

They had no problem finding my house today with the Eir code. I'm glad I don't have any obstructions between me and the site. I think that's the reason I couldn't pick up the initial site they were connecting me too. High trees in the area. Best of luck tomorrow hope you get decent speeds.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭emm80

Im in Trust, between you and the cappy mast...if I get a quarter of that I'll be happy. Are you two storey or on an especially high site or anything?

Im in Trust, between you and the cappy mast...if I get a quarter of that I'll be happy. Are you two storey or on an especially high site or anything?

I'm in a dormer. I'm on a height. Thankfully. No obstacles in area. Keep me posted. Let me know how you get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Hello447

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Hello447

xxyyzz wrote: »
    To be honest I think their discipline on the 20gb cap is a good thing. If they got rid of it then contention would go through the roof and it would become a free for all. Yes, it is a pain in the arse, but you know that when you get into the contract and their spectrum is a finite resource so it is good management what they have. I don't see them lifting it any time soon.
    Yeah that's true! Have you ever exceeded the daily limit yourself? If so would you reckon 3-4 people could all use it at the same time when it gets put down to 5 gb?

Had a signal test today from Cappataggle I'm approx. 14.6km away all good. After 10 years of trying to get faster than 1mbit it feels a lot like Christmas

I am between Ballinasloe and Ahascragh on the old road townland of Annaghbeg/Ballyglass I was getting 90meg on the test, obviously this will fluctuate more users get added to the tower but considering my DSL may as well be called dial up it is like I have won the lotto.

I am between Ballinasloe and Ahascragh on the old road townland of Annaghbeg/Ballyglass I was getting 90meg on the test, obviously this will fluctuate more users get added to the tower but considering my DSL may as well be called dial up it is like I have won the lotto.
    Install is tomorrow

Install is tomorrow

happy Xmas to you !

• Advertisement

Install is tomorrow

happy Xmas to you !
    did you have the drive test yet?

did you have the drive test yet?

Coming today but nobody is at home so not sure

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 747 ✭✭✭EyesOnly

Getting Imagine LTE signal test right now (crossing fingers) I live just outside of Roscommon ( Roxborough side). Just inside the coverage, on the map they have on their site. Getting installed today if i pass.

My wife is at home now
    Not sure if they have called already or not

Mine is supposed to be 2 to 3 but they left a bag at the last job so it's going to take a bit longer. If you are after me I'm sorry hahaha.

EyesOnly wrote: »
    Mine is supposed to be 2 to 3 but they left a bag at the last job so it's going to take a bit longer. If you are after me I'm sorry hahaha.

never gave me a time !

Oh. I got a call this morning at around 9 to confirm 2 to 3. No signal so far :(

Edit. 67mb down and 7.6 up. Starting install now. Will post speed tests after its done :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 219 ✭✭BuzzG

Nice .. good luck with your install EyesOnly !

I've heard nothing
    Fearing that they came and got no signal

• Advertisement

This test is with the mobile app. I have nothing to test a wired connection. It is very bad wind and rain too so I'm hoping it gets better over the next few days if not. I will give them a call and see.
    http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/a/2476973848

Advertisement