Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Imagine LTE Rural Broadband

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,253 ✭✭✭✭km79

EyesOnly wrote: »
    This test is with the mobile app. I have nothing to test a wired connection. It is very bad wind and rain too so I'm hoping it gets better over the next few days if not. I will give them a call and see.
    http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/a/2476973848

Test again a few times around 8/9pm so if it's still good

• Registered Users Posts: 31 cappy123

km79 wrote: »
    I've heard nothing
    Fearing that they came and got no signal

Ring 01 4373548 that is the contact who is looking after the drive testing results they are there until 5pm

• Registered Users Posts: 31 cappy123

This test is with the mobile app. I have nothing to test a wired connection. It is very bad wind and rain too so I'm hoping it gets better over the next few days if not. I will give them a call and see.
    http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/a/2476973848

I'd be delighted with those speeds

cappy123 wrote: »
    Ring 01 4373548 that is the contact who is looking after the drive testing results they are there until 5pm

Can't ring anyone till 6 :(
    I'll ring in the morning
    Hopefully they didn't make it today as I'm off tomorrow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 219 ✭✭BuzzG

Nothing wrong with those speeds EyesOnly especially in these weather conditions ... depends on what kind of connection you had previously too I guess .. don't know if your previous service was better or worse than this.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭Riva10

Image would appear not to be looking for customers in in the Cloyne area of East Cork at present. Several inquiries have gone unanswered in the last no. of weeks

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,815 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Weather shouldn't have any appreciable effect on signal at 3.6GHz.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 747 ✭✭✭EyesOnly

Oh it's better than the 8mb I was getting from Sky and the 0.25 is upload. I have done a few since and it's down to between 23mb to 37mb upload is above 4.7mb. I'll do a few more tests tonight an some before I goto work in the morning.

Edit and the satisfaction of calling Sky to cancel ��

• Closed Accounts Posts: 787 ✭✭✭ArKl0w

Can't ring anyone till 6 :(
    I'll ring in the morning
    Hopefully they didn't make it today as I'm off tomorrow

I'm beginning to think you work in a jail :D
    It's too late now but the thing to do would be to text the wife then and get her to ring :)
    Oh it's better than the 8mb I was getting from Sky and the 0.25 is upload. I have done a few since and it's down to between 23mb to 37mb upload is above 4.7mb. I'll do a few more tests tonight an some before I goto work in the morning.

Edit and the satisfaction of calling Sky to cancel ��
    You'd need to be testing wired up
    Wifi is useless for tests
    Go 1 wall away and you lose half
    Any amount of things even in the room the routers in,like lights could interfere
    It's not going to affect your experience at all though just the tests unless there's something you're trying on wifi that needs more than 20 to 40 mb or if loads in the house are using it

ArKl0w wrote: »
    It's too late now but the thing to do would be to text the wife then and get her to ring :)
    /quote]

No jail LOL
    A school but it's just the way it's fallen that I was in exam /study centre for the whole of these 2 days
    I'll call them in the morning but I'm nervous tbh that it's failed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,209 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

Hello447 wrote: »
    Yeah that's true! Have you ever exceeded the daily limit yourself? If so would you reckon 3-4 people could all use it at the same time when it gets put down to 5 gb?

No, I haven't exceeded it yet. To be honest, I use it for YouTube in the evening as does my wife and kid and download a few torrents now and then. I can see how a gamer would burn through but to put it in context for the average Internet consumer 20gb is 8 to 10 1080p movies.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,154 ✭✭✭opinionated3

Finally calling to my house tomorrow (co clare)to test for signal and hopefully install. I'm praying this works. I'm on the very edge of their map of coverage. There is however,to the best of my knowledge, another tower on top of cratloe hill. Does anyone here know if I'm correct in this? Can't get access to their website at the moment as I'm on a Vodafone network. I reckon I'm actually within line of sight of that hill. ..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

ArKl0w wrote: »

You'd need to be testing wired up
    Wifi is useless for tests
    Go 1 wall away and you lose half
    Any amount of things even in the room the routers in,like lights could interfere
    It's not going to affect your experience at all though just the tests unless there's something you're trying on wifi that needs more than 20 to 40 mb or if loads in the house are using it

ha ha ha.

Lights affecting WiFi? Huh......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

ha ha ha.

Lights affecting WiFi? Huh......

might affect DSL though :

http://imgur.com/GUwTqfq

http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-replies.cfm?t=2148177

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

How do people know what masts they connect to?

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭becksy79

signed up in sept and finally have install booked for tomorrow, mount mary mast is 3km.
    if a pole is needed can they use the one that was put up by current provider or will they expect that back with their equipment?

gctest50 wrote: »

Yeah,for sure,Heaps of things including lights disrupt wifi
    Walls being the biggest offender of course which is why testing on wifi isn't ideal
    It's also best to test when nothing is running if you want to find out your true speed capacity

Linky

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭seanvanseanvan

becksy79 wrote: »
    signed up in sept and finally have install booked for tomorrow, mount mary mast is 3km.
    if a pole is needed can they use the one that was put up by current provider or will they expect that back with their equipment?

They used the existing pole on my install but I paid extra for the pole with my previous provider so I wouldn't have had to return it. Funny enough I have heard nothing from my previous provider looking for their equipment back after I cancelled with them and the DD.

• Hococop wrote: »
    How do people know what masts they connect to?

I had to ask the engineer on the day as I was trying to ensure we got the best signal.

They used the existing pole on my install but I paid extra for the pole with my previous provider so I wouldn't have had to return it. Funny enough I have heard nothing from my previous provider looking for their equipment back after I cancelled with them and the DD.

I also have a pole from a provider 6/7 years ago
    I asked them to remove when I cancelled
    They refused
    It's handier for them to leave them

• Advertisement

Drive test was done yday morning
    The girl I was talking to did not have the results
    She is checking for me now and calling back

This is worse than waiting for exam results !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48 volker81k

Imagine might not be the best in customer support but in fairness:

I have signed up for Tountinna mast (Tipp) in October and the live date for the mast has been pushed out till mid Jan so far.
    Imagine rang and said I'll be refunded my 100€ deposit and still keep my slot for the mast. 5 days later it was in my account.

Let's hope for mid Jan now...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Mr Velo

Mr Velo wrote: »
    Anyone here with the Huawei router? If so, how many "signal" LED's are lit on the top of your router? Mine only has 3 (out of 5) lit, and having some issues with high ping times over the past few nights... as well as speed drop offs. Just want to have all my info before spending another hour of my life on the phone to support.

Anybody???

Drive test was done yday morning
    The girl I was talking to did not have the results
    She is checking for me now and calling back

This is worse than waiting for exam results !
    Up ya boy ya
    Install tomorrow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Dero

Hey Mr. Velo.
    I have the Huawei router. When it was installed first, it had 3/5 signal leds lit. Download averaged ~60. I later lopped an intervening hedge and signal leds went to 4/5 and average download went up to ~80-90. I didn't see an appreciable difference in ping RTT or jitter in either case. Ping averages 25-30ms, jitter 5-10ms.

I haven't seen any noticeable (sustained) periods of high latency. I suffered that quite a bit with my last provider, so am on the watch for it.

May as well ask my questions now so . Didn't want to ask in case it failed at this stage
    And it may fail yet but anyways
    1. Do I need to a request a fixed IP??? Vaguely remember reading that way back in the thread
    I have bought a very good router which I'll be using. So I just plug this into there one and away I go ?
    Hoping to wire the Xbox direct and possibly sky box

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭TopTec

volker81k wrote: »
    Imagine might not be the best in customer support........

I'm on the Ballina mast.

That's the best report I have read of what is a poor to sometimes shocking customer service so far. (km79 is a case in point). My experience with them falls somewhat in between. 13 days for a response to an email, I have never connected on a live chat, and promises of return calls never happening. Almost pointless talking to Tech support as no-one there seems to know their stuff. (They told me the recent DNS issue was caused by my stone cottage walls). Hope they don't find out I have a Radon issue as that will likely be blamed next!

I was with Eir for 5 years as it was the only show available in this part of rural Mayo. Balancing Eir's appalling treatment of it's customers with Imagine's then so far Imagine come out on top.

Having said that I would not want to have a major issue with the Imagine service.. I would suspect it would be a nightmare to sort out. Touch wood....

TT

May as well ask my questions now so . Didn't want to ask in case it failed at this stage
    1. Do I need to a request a fixed IP??? Vaguely remember reading that way back in the thread
    I have bought a very good router which I'll be using. So I just plug this into there one and away I go ?

Yes,they'll sort the ip in minutes
    You'll need to change the IP address of your 2nd router too so it won't clash with imagines
    That's trial and error but once done it's done
    When you are onto tech support getting the fixed ip,get them to sort out the IP address of your 2nd router in the same call
    Have a laptop handy and plug the router you bought into that so you can be working on changing anything in that in conjunction with the Imagine chap working on their router

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Dero

1. Yes, and as early as possible (i.e. before install if possible)

2. Yes. For best results put a static address (in the same range as the Imagine box) on your router and ask Imagine to put that address into the DMZ of their router. That will ensure any ports that can be forwarded to you will be and you can do your own internal forwarding from there.

And while you're at it, ask them have they sorted out a proper bridging solution yet. I keep meaning to ring them, but life is too short for that kind of misery (unless the connection is down)...

• Advertisement

Dero wrote: »
    1. Yes, and as early as possible (i.e. before install if possible)

2. Yes. For best results put a static address (in the same range as the Imagine box) on your router and ask Imagine to put that address into the DMZ of their router. That will ensure any ports that can be forwarded to you will be and you can do your own internal forwarding from there.

And while you're at it, ask them have they sorted out a proper bridging solution yet. I keep meaning to ring them, but life is too short for that kind of misery (unless the connection is down)...

Thanks guys
    Is there an 01 direct number for tech support

Advertisement