Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Imagine LTE Rural Broadband

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Dero

km79 wrote: »
    Thanks guys
    Is there an 01 direct number for tech support

01-4375000

You will need the patience of Job though, and the hold messages will witter on about WiMAX. You ignore them, it goes to the same people (eventually).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 787 ✭✭✭ArKl0w

Thanks guys
    Is there an 01 direct number for tech support

Try 01 4375000

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,253 ✭✭✭✭km79

Dero wrote: »
    01-4375000

You will need the patience of Job though, and the hold messages will witter on about WiMAX. You ignore them, it goes to the same people (eventually).

Hhhmmmm maybe I should wait till I get the free phone minutes so :D

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭emm80

Hhhmmmm maybe I should wait till I get the free phone minutes so :D

Congrats on the test. What speed did they get and where are you in East Galway?

emm80 wrote: »
    Congrats on the test. What speed did they get and where are you in East Galway?

The test was a drive test so I'm not sure
    Kiltullagh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 cappy123

Drive test was done yday morning
    The girl I was talking to did not have the results
    She is checking for me now and calling back

This is worse than waiting for exam results !
    Up ya boy ya
    Install tomorrow
    Happy Christmas!!!!

cappy123 wrote: »
    Happy Christmas!!!!

You up and running yet

Happy Christmas!!!!

You up and running yet
    Not yet install between 1 and 5. Will let you know how it goes

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭becksy79

Imagine are currently doing my install, their signal test was 45mb, mount Mary, galway

becksy79 wrote: »
    Imagine are currently doing my install, their signal test was 45mb, mount Mary, galway

Have they finished with you? I'd say they will onto me after you

• Advertisement

Have they finished with you? I'd say they will onto me after you

They've just finished.

They've just finished.

how long did it take roughly ?
    Antennae onto chimney and lead brought into room of your choice ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

ArKl0w wrote: »
    Yeah,for sure,Heaps of things including lights disrupt wifi
    Walls being the biggest offender of course which is why testing on wifi isn't ideal
    It's also best to test when nothing is running if you want to find out your true speed capacity

Linky

Yeh. NO.

It's also a common enough myth regarding your microwave. Steel in walls , RSJ's etc can have an effect on it. Drywall won't have much off an affect.

The biggest offenders in the home are devices and other routers.

Also distance plays a part.

The more devices you have the higher the signal to noise ration which is what can cause issues. Microwaves No. They are essentially a faraday cage so what really cause issue.

how long did it take roughly ?
    Antennae onto chimney and lead brought into room of your choice ?
    Just over an hour, antenna on the eaves and brought into the nearest room.

Just over an hour, antenna on the eaves and brought into the nearest room.

Tomorrow afternoon for me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 665 ✭✭✭OverRide

Yeh. NO.

It's also a common enough myth regarding your microwave. Steel in walls , RSJ's etc can have an effect on it. Drywall won't have much off an affect.

The biggest offenders in the home are devices and other routers.

Also distance plays a part.

The more devices you have the higher the signal to noise ration which is what can cause issues. Microwaves No. They are essentially a faraday cage so what really cause issue.

Lots of things,everything mentioned in fact
    Moral of the story,to compare like with like in this thread only test cables Ethernet connections to a laptop or a pc which most people have
    Testing on a phone in the back bedroom of a 5 bed house or down the garden won't do

Now can we move on and let the people who have it or are getting it,discuss the imagine LTE service please thank you

Remember everyone where possible cable connect devices,they'll work a lot better and don't expect the same speeds from the likes of home plugs etc as on a directly connected laptop because it's not going to happen

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Richie_7

Im scheduled to have my installation tomorrow morning. Can I ask what is the benefit/purpose of a fixed IP? Sorry if its a silly question haha

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,940 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

great to hear people being connected this close to Christmas, also I haven't read any complaints about poor speeds in at least 6 weeks, Imagine must have improved their service since all the problems back in October.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 665 ✭✭✭OverRide

Gonzo wrote: »
    great to hear people being connected this close to Christmas, also I haven't read any complaints about poor speeds in at least 6 weeks, Imagine must have improved their service since all the problems back in October.

I suspect the pre test before installing is working
    Up to then some people on the margins must have been getting connected and shouldn't have been at all
    They've probably a lot more experience now too in where they'll risk connecting or not
    Richie_7 wrote: »
    Im scheduled to have my installation tomorrow morning. Can I ask what is the benefit/purpose of a fixed IP? Sorry if its a silly question haha

I needed it for cameras
    It's also handy if you're using a smart dns service to look at the BBC player or American Netflix or something as they use the IP address to validate you and if it's dynamic you'd have to keep updating it

Installed this afternoon took about an hour, averaging 65meg 14.6 km from the tower. extremely happy considering I was struggling to get 1meg. Plus the weather is awful so that will affect the signal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 goosey11

Installed this afternoon took about an hour, averaging 65meg 14.6 km from the tower. extremely happy considering I was struggling to get 1meg. Plus the weather is awful so that will affect the signal.

That's good to hear. Glad you got up and running

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 747 ✭✭✭EyesOnly

I finally got to test on a wired connection at just after 6 and was getting 64mb down and 4.6up. Very happy with it. Will test again if I get home for 8 or 9 pm forgot to say mine is mounted on a 10ft pole on the chimney. They did ask me which room I wanted it in and tried on the chimney closest to it. I would imagine if it failed in that location it would have gone to the nearest room.

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/5900351934

tested over wifi (yes i know i should do a wired test!) with 2 devices playing youtubes, ps4, xbox and laptop all in use.

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,815 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Drywall won't have much off an affect.

...unless it's foil-backed plasterboard. That stuff plays puck with WiFi.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 89 ✭✭jarvis_c82

Hi

I got an installation done yesterday.

Only managed about 50 meg when guy was here. VOIP phone was meant to be setup but still not working.

I'm only getting on average 15 meg now though. Also, are there websites that they don't allow you to download from. I use uploaded.net as a backup resource and I can't get any decent speed to get a backup file from.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 goosey11

Hi folks. Anyone know when Imagines direct debit date is.? Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 531 ✭✭✭tiny timy

oscarBravo wrote: »
    ...unless it's foil-backed plasterboard. That stuff plays puck with WiFi.

+1
    And mobile phone coverage. Pain in the backside!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 531 ✭✭✭tiny timy

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/5900351934

tested over wifi (yes i know i should do a wired test!) with 2 devices playing youtubes, ps4, xbox and laptop all in use.

Have you tried multiplayer on the consoles with that ping? Curious to know. Thanks

goosey11 wrote: »

Assuming it's the date you get installed on ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,729 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

goosey11 wrote: »
    you normally get an email in advance of the money being taken

Advertisement