Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Imagine LTE Rural Broadband

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭becksy79

goosey11 wrote: »
    Hi folks. Anyone know when Imagines direct debit date is.? Cheers

from imagines faq's
    Payment is due the 17th of every month. If the 17th falls on the weekend or a bank holiday your account will be debited the next working day.

tiny timy wrote: »
    Have you tried multiplayer on the consoles with that ping? Curious to know. Thanks

the teen is hidden away on the ps4 but im sure he'll let me know if theres issues lol.

tiny timy wrote: »
    Have you tried multiplayer on the consoles with that ping? Curious to know. Thanks

Teen is not happy! Connection was terrible, he did a speed test on ps4 and it was all over the place, flickering from 20mb to 0.25 mb, mainly on the lower end of that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,253 ✭✭✭✭km79

becksy79 wrote: »
    Teen is not happy! Connection was terrible, he did a speed test on ps4 and it was all over the place, flickering from 20mb to 0.25 mb, mainly on the lower end of that

Oh this would not be good news for me ..........illbe connecting my Xbox wired though so hopefully will be better

km79 wrote: »
    Oh this would not be good news for me ..........illbe connecting my Xbox wired though so hopefully will be better

I'm going to try get a WiFi extender today and see if that helps

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 787 ✭✭✭ArKl0w

Don't connect to the 5ghz wifi signal unless you're in the room,it hates walls

The wifi extenders Won't be as good as a hard wired connection but more stable
    Your ping in the 80's is double to 3 times what it would be directly connected confirming it's your wifi signal is the problem
    I presume Imagines router is in a different place to your old router ?

Locate the wifi extender where there is decent wifi reception from imagine but still close enough to the Xbox to be able to get near full signal there from the extender
    Don't simply put it in the room asking it to repeat an already compromised signal
    Trial and error

You can hard wire to your old router from your previous provider and use that,instructions to change its internal IP address were dealt with yesterday (so it won't clash with imagines )
    But that's obviously a bigger job

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Richie_7

They're here installing mine now, they said they had a problem with trees and the connection but have just had to use a tall pole to sort it out. Will update when they're done.

ArKl0w wrote: »
    Don't connect to the 5ghz wifi signal unless you're in the room,it hates walls

The wifi extenders Won't be as good as a hard wired connection but more stable
    Your ping in the 80's is double to 3 times what it would be directly connected confirming it's your wifi signal is the problem
    I presume Imagines router is in a different place to your old router ?

Locate the wifi extender where there is decent wifi reception from imagine but still close enough to the Xbox to be able to get near full signal there from the extender
    Don't simply put it in the room asking it to repeat an already compromised signal
    Trial and error

You can hard wire to your old router from your previous provider and use that,instructions to change its internal IP address were dealt with yesterday (so it won't clash with imagines )
    But that's obviously a bigger job

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/5902038908 wired test.

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/5902046470 wireless, right beside router.

yes the router is in a different location now, the other providers is in the kitchen and covered the whole house, signal was the same beside it as it was the opposite end of the house.

im hoping to sort out any niggles within a few days or i'll be cancelling so any help appreciated (keep it simple im not the best with this stuff)

router is right beside my smart tv but netflix is constantly buffering, if i switch to other provider its fine. and oddly netflix is will play fine over imagines wifi on my laptop.

Hard wire the Netflix
    There's probably radio interference on imagines router frequency which explains it working better on the laptop

You can use the other providers router if they don't want it back by cabling from imagines to it
    That's a job for after Xmas

Looks like the frequency imagines router uses isn't good for your house either
    You'll need to call them to change it

Your ultimate solution is the hardwire to your old router though but pick the best compromise between best location and easiest to cable to

You'll need a crimp tool to put plugs on the cable so probably you'll need an electrician
    Once done though
    It's done
    And it will work with any new provider so it's a permanent job

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 531 ✭✭✭tiny timy

Get some homeplugs. Personally, find them a lot better than the wifi for my playstation.

Also, try setting the dns on the playstation to open dns. 208.67.222.222 208.67.220.220

• Advertisement

Also is the old providers router still on? That could be the source of some of your interference,switch it off and see what it's like then?
    If it's on the same frequency it would be playing hell with imagine's wifi

Just took this test here beside my cattle crush,imagine's router is behind a 4" block wall in the office 4ft away
    Cows all around me,no electrics of any description or possible radio interference
    The phone is connected to the routers 5G wifi

http://euronics.ie/product/tp-link-av500-nano-powerline-adapter-starter-kit-tl-pa411kit/

thanks for your help guys, wired the tv, netflix flying it, turned off other provider router, so will see how that goes. ps4 speed test currently 5mb, im off to grab an extender, is something like the above ok? think euronics is my only option today as kid home sick :/

Yeah that'll do it

Yeah that'll do it

http://euronics.ie/product/tp-link-300mbps-av500-wi-fi-powerline-extender-starter-kit/

Got this one, didn't have the other one in, swear they saw me coming €10 more than online! But if it sorts the WiFi and stops the teen moaning it'll be worth it!!

Ps4 now getting 30 up 2 down, teen is happy and if he's happy everyone's happy lol 😠😉

It's almost my time and its WINDY

Just called almost here !
    Xmas is coming

Just called almost here !
    Xmas is coming

hope the results are good for you

hope the results are good for you

Just heard them shout 64 and 4
    I'm hoping that means what I think it does

• Advertisement

Success :)

Success :)

Meanwhile 7 years ago :D

Meanwhile 7 years ago :D

LOL

90mb down
    11mb up

Oh my days

90mb down
    11mb up

Oh my days

Welcome to civilisation:D
    Enjoy,you won't know yourself

Welcome to civilisation:D
    Enjoy,you won't know yourself

A big thanks to yourself and the others on here
    TBH within your push I would not have gone back to them

I'll keep the thread updated with speeds etc anyway

Have to ring tech support now to get things set up right

Happy Xmas

• Registered Users Posts: 31 cappy123

A big thanks to yourself and the others on here
    TBH within your push I would not have gone back to them

I'll keep the thread updated with speeds etc anyway

Have to ring tech support now to get things set up right

Happy Xmas

Delighted for you, perseverance pays off.

Just updated the Xbox one
    Took 3 minutes
    Felt good

Is there a way to track usage

• Advertisement

Is there a way to track usage

not that ive found, ive read they send emails when you hit a certain point (15gb i think). someone else might be able clarify

Advertisement