Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Imagine LTE Rural Broadband

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,253 ✭✭✭✭km79

whelan2 wrote: »
    they are open today

Sorry I meant for new installs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭TopTec

km79 wrote: »
    In the meantime people are helping other posters get the best set up for their IMAGINE broadband as per thread title

What exactly is the problem with that ?i think it's great that people are being helped get the best form it
    This thread has been a goldmine of info both positive and negative for me

;)

Helping others get their Imagine BB set up is one thing but pages of discussions on the intricacies of IP addresses, or whether plasterboard interferes with wifi or why some speedtest suppliers are better than others is quite another in my view.

I have followed and read every post since the start and am not a teckie but I have tuned out when it gets off topic... which is becoming a regular occurrence.

If you want to discuss which TP linker thinguminyjig is best for your flat or mansion then it is easy to open up a new thread.

You are my man Tiny Timy. :)

TT

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭emm80

whelan2 wrote: »
    they are open today

I tried ringing there, message says closed to the 3rd?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,728 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

emm80 wrote: »
    I tried ringing there, message says closed to the 3rd?
    I rang 1890929394 . I missed the call and thats the number they said to ring them back.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭emm80

Thanks, tried live chat and I got sorted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 kmc1970

I know this is probably off topic but it there anyway to check the daily usage? I've tried to open an account on the myimagine page but it seems to be under maintenance all the time, the reason I ask is because I want to check the data usage of alternative TV services but I don't want to hit the 20gb cap, plus I have 2 children who are always on the internet..

kmc1970 wrote: »
    I know this is probably off topic but it there anyway to check the daily usage? I've tried to open an account on the myimagine page but it seems to be under maintenance all the time, the reason I ask is because I want to check the data usage of alternative TV services but I don't want to hit the 20gb cap, plus I have 2 children who are always on the internet..
    Also would like an answer to this
    Incidentally on my second day of service I know I hit the cap for an Xbox download of 20 GB
    I downloaded it in parts saving the last 6 until 10pm
    No email
    No slowdown

Maybe cos the mast is nowhere near full yet they don't mind

• Closed Accounts Posts: 787 ✭✭✭ArKl0w

You can if you route everything through your own router connected to imagines
    There's some talk of that here but you'd best open a separate thread and anyone on this one with that set up will explain

Alternatively in the interim install an app on your kids device's to separately measure what they're using
    Your pc/laptop will tell you what you use on torrents
    It's a pain

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭MascotDec85

kmc1970 wrote: »

Buy them some books or a football :D

ArKl0w wrote: »
    You can if you route everything through your own router connected to imagines
    There's some talk of that here but you'd best open a separate thread and anyone on this one with that set up will explain

Alternatively in the interim install an app on your kids device's to separately measure what they're using
    Your pc/laptop will tell you what you use on torrents
    It's a pain

How to monitor usage on imagines service is definitely relevant to this topic imo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭TopTec

How to monitor usage on imagines service is definitely relevant to this topic imo

Absolutely agree and if anyone can come up with an app or method of doing this this without installing additional equipment, that would be brill. Imagine should of sorted this by now. I mailed them on this subject 4 months ago and never got a response.

TT

Ok,
    (just mindful of the complaints earlier of long discussions on wifi
    Which is also relevant because someone can't be complaining of low speed on a distant foreign server if you're using wifi from the back bedroom connected to imagines router 4 walls and a stairs away)

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭jonny_b1

Service down in East Cork. Using data on my mobile and the imagine website won't load either.......

Over wifi just now
    iPhone located beside router

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭smokingman

Over wifi just now.
    Android tab also located beside router.
    Athy mast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 665 ✭✭✭OverRide

You may ring them Tuesday smoking man when they're back because the upload alone on that is screaming something faulty
    My upload is never worse than 7Mb
    Download averages 60 even in the evenings
    Slieve Boy north Wexford
    Have you done a wired test on Speedtest.net yet and could you post a photo of it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭smokingman

OverRide wrote: »
    You may ring them Tuesday smoking man when they're back because the upload alone on that is screaming something faulty
    My upload is never worse than 7Mb
    Download averages 60 even in the evenings
    Slieve Boy north Wexford
    Have you done a wired test on Speedtest.net yet and could you post a photo of it?
    Will do, cheers dude. Don't have much hope in their support based on all the other posts here though.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭becksy79

our antenna got hit with a football, speeds dropped from 95 to 25 (wired) adjusted the antenna a little, we dont have a clear line of sight so did a little guessing,

wired speeds now- http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/5928242786
    wifi now - http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/5928273823
    tp link now- http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/5928275414

not bad given the circumstances

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭jonny_b1

At install the engineer showed me a download of 85MB/s but I've never got that since. Wired is max about 65/70 and WiFi maybe 30-40. Not that I'm complaining lol

I called up imagine just noting the difference...Didn't want to even acknowledge it lol

My only alternative in an upto 12mb connection.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭becksy79

jonny_b1 wrote: »
    At install the engineer showed me a download of 85MB/s but I've never got that since. Wired is max about 65/70 and WiFi maybe 30-40. Not that I'm complaining lol

I called up imagine just noting the difference...Didn't want to even acknowledge it lol

My only alternative in an upto 12mb connection.

I was the opposite, at install they said 45 but I was getting 90+ wired

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭seanvanseanvan

tiny timy wrote: »
    Can this thread please get back on track. It's gone completely from what it was originally intended. Thanks

No it is not, you must be skim riding or else you are just an internet crank ;-)
    And besides you are not the op.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 531 ✭✭✭tiny timy

No it is not, you must be skim riding or else you are just an internet crank ;-)
    And besides you are not the op.

Someone didn't get what they wanted for Christmas

To be fair most of the wifi set up chat relates to informing people that wifi Speedtest's are no good unless you are beside the router and even then can be subject to interference that the eye cannot see
    That said mines not too bad tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭seanvanseanvan

Not at all, I ain't the one complaining about a thread going off topic when it hasn't. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 508 ✭✭✭dobbs2210

Phoned this morning. Ordered it without any issues. Got a call this evening to say an engineer will be calling sometime tomorrow to check the line of sight etc.

Looking forward to getting it installed.

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭vidapura

dobbs2210 wrote: »
    Phoned this morning. Ordered it without any issues. Got a call this evening to say an engineer will be calling sometime tomorrow to check the line of sight etc.

Looking forward to getting it installed.

Same as that.. are you in Galway too?

Rang yesterday and yer man is arriving this afternoon to get us set up.

I'm impressed so far...

vidapura wrote: »
    Same as that.. are you in Galway too?

Rang yesterday and yer man is arriving this afternoon to get us set up.

I'm impressed so far...

No, Kilkenny. Had an engineer call out 30min ago to conduct signal testing. He said he was getting a steady consistent 30mb download speed.

How did your speed tests go?

No, Kilkenny. Had an engineer call out 30min ago to conduct signal testing. He said he was getting a steady consistent 30mb download speed.

How did your speed tests go?

That's quite slow and going to be a borderline service I'd say
    Better than your landline though but if they're only getting at best 30 it will dip to 10 or 12 at peak
    On install at mine for example they got 103
    I've often got 90's since but average 70 to 80 sometimes dipping into the 60's around 9
    That's a 30 to 40% peak trough variation
    In troughs at that you wouldn't notice any problem doing the usual things
    But You might if you drop to 10 or 12 if your house has all guns blazing on all devices in the evenings
    Hopefully not

ArKl0w wrote: »
    That's quite slow and going to be a borderline service I'd say
    Better than your landline though but if they're only getting at best 30 it will dip to 10 or 12 at peak
    On install at mine for example they got 103
    I've often got 90's since but average 70 to 80 sometimes dipping into the 60's around 9
    That's a 30 to 40% peak trough variation
    In troughs at that you wouldn't notice any problem doing the usual things
    But You might if you drop to 10 or 12 if your house has all guns blazing on all devices in the evenings
    Hopefully not

Yeah, i was a bit disappointed with it because I'm well inside the coverage map. I'll have to wait to see what they say when they contact me.

• Advertisement

Yeah, i was a bit disappointed with it because I'm well inside the coverage map. I'll have to wait to see what they say when they contact me.

Did they say where they were pointing to,what distance and do you have a line of sight?

Advertisement