Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Imagine LTE Rural Broadband

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭TopTec

4 euro a month for Goldfish residential.

TT

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,019 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

This might help in choosing an alternative if required

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=542

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

I can vouch for irishvoip.com - great/fast support

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Mr Velo

My phone suffers from the voice feedback on some calls from time to time. Overall line quality is excellent though.

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,815 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

eskerman wrote: »
    ...the problem I have is EIR offer a service to the public...

Not exactly. The rollout is being done by open eir (tafka eircom wholesale), who offer services to retail service providers. The retail arm, eir, offer services to the public. If open eir were making rollout information available to eir retail that they weren't also making available to other operators, the regulator would be on them like a ton of bricks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭eskerman

oscarBravo wrote: »
    eskerman wrote: »
    ...the problem I have is EIR offer a service to the public...

Not exactly. The rollout is being done by open eir (tafka eircom wholesale), who offer services to retail service providers. The retail arm, eir, offer services to the public. If open eir were making rollout information available to eir retail that they weren't also making available to other operators, the regulator would be on them like a ton of bricks.

All far to complicated for me - just want information that lets me make a decision - EIR couldn't provide it and I got tired of paying for pure ****e unuasable broadband - Imagine plugged me in this afternoon and the service has improved 1000%

Good by fixed line rural broadband /

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,017 ✭✭✭tsue921i8wljb3

oscarBravo wrote: »

I've a question about that in the rural FTTH thread you may be able to answer please?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=102261862&postcount=2948

• Registered Users Posts: 26 daveevo8

claytonie wrote: »
    Based in Kildangan and signed up this afternoon as don't expect eirs FTTH to be ready for at least another year after handing over all required details and paying the initial €100 was very surprised to get the call an hour later to say they will be around 9am tomorrow morning to complete the install. Less than 24hours turnaround is pretty impressive.

Hi im in Kildangan also what speeds have you gotten with the service?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 251 ✭✭claytonie

I have some trees in the way test came at 40MB down / 6MB up. Since installed it averages between 30-35MB down and 2-4MB up. Pings between 30-60ms. I had 10MB down on Eir but the uploads speeds were killing me so this has been a massive improvement for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 787 ✭✭✭ArKl0w

Nearly 3 months in and I know it's a lunchtime test but I'm over the moon with this service
    No twirling dots and long waits for Netflix in 1080 hd anymore
    Just click and it starts playing
    Signal does depend on distance and line of sight and no trees,all of which We've luckily got in our favour here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭rodge123

Got my home LAN setup but am having trouble routing imagine through my Netgear router in another part of the house.
    I've set my Netgear router up as an Access Point and have my imagine router connected to it through patch panel / switch.

I've confirmed patch panel / switch / Netgear Router setup as Access point are working correctly - Works fine with my Three router in place of imagine one.

I'm letting Access Point dynamically determine ip address.

Should I be explicitly setting this along with Subnet Mask and Gateway?

Also, cant get wired connection to ps4 from imagine router. Any ideas?

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Which unit ? There's three.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭rodge123

ED E wrote: »

HUAWEI-B953 is my three device.

Cant seem to find any name on Imagine device.
    Image of it attached.
    IMG_2696.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 16 feeler

Just wondering if anyone in the nenagh area of North tipp has actually had this installed yet, I signed up for this nearly 3 months ago and haven't heard anything from them since before Christmas.

If you're waiting that long it must mean the site you're to be connected to isn't live yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭kesey

rodge123 wrote: »
    Got my home LAN setup but am having trouble routing imagine through my Netgear router in another part of the house.
    I've set my Netgear router up as an Access Point and have my imagine router connected to it through patch panel / switch.

I've confirmed patch panel / switch / Netgear Router setup as Access point are working correctly - Works fine with my Three router in place of imagine one.

I'm letting Access Point dynamically determine ip address.

Should I be explicitly setting this along with Subnet Mask and Gateway?

Also, cant get wired connection to ps4 from imagine router. Any ideas?

Thanks
    You need to disable DHCP in your Netgear WNDR4000 router, 
    Assign it a fixed IP address (e.g. 192.168.20.253  in the same address range as your Imagine router) out of the range of IP addresses normally allocated by your Imagine router
    Set the security type on your WNDR4000 to be the same as on your Imagine Router. 
    Set the Wifi broadcast channel on your WNDR4000 to be at least 6 channels away from that of your Imagine router, more if possible viz the Imagine router if on Channel 1, set the WNDR4000 to 11, 12 or 13
    Set the SSID on your WNDR4000 to match that used by your Imagine router.
    Don't forget to save the re-configured information:-)
    Connect an ethernet cable from your Patch/Switch pad to a LAN port (not a WAN port) on your WNDR4000.
    Hopefully, all will run like a dream for you. If not, we can try again.

ArKl0w wrote: »
    If you're waiting that long it must mean the site you're to be connected to isn't live yet?

I was told in October when I signed up the site was going live in November, I then got a text message in November that it had been delayed and they would start installing in December. Then in December I received a phone call to say it would be January. I rang them today and the said there is no date for the site to go live yet.

Is this kind of carry on the normal for them.

feeler wrote: »
    I was told in October when I signed up the site was going live in November, I then got a text message in November that it had been delayed and they would start installing in December. Then in December I received a phone call to say it would be January. I rang them today and the said there is no date for the site to go live yet.

Is this kind of carry on the normal for them.

There's not a whole lot they can do about it if third party suppliers are delaying connecting the site
    Your choice is wait or cancel

There's not a whole lot they can do about it if third party suppliers are delaying connecting the site
    Your choice is wait or cancel

It's abit under handed selling a service on the grounds that it would be live in the next two weeks and to turn around nearly 3 months later and say they have no idea when the site will be operational. Well that's my thoughts on it. Alot of people I've talked to seem to think the site isn't live because their not getting the numbers in the area to sign up.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Hello447

Does anybody know if Imagine actively enforce their 20 gb daily allowance or do they just say that to diverge customer's from over-using the network to prevent congestion?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

Hello447 wrote: »
    Does anybody know if Imagine actively enforce their 20 gb daily allowance or do they just say that to diverge customer's from over-using the network to prevent congestion?

It's rigidly enforced

It's rigidly enforced

Not according to recent reports on this thread

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭leex

A few large PS4 updates and games (definitely over 20gb) were downloaded in our house over the past few weeks. I was keeping an eye on speeds afterwards and there was no change.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,253 ✭✭✭✭km79

Maybe we should stop talking about the relaxation in the limit
    Just in case they are watching us here :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

maybe you should contact Imagine and tell them people aren't sticking to their download limits.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48 volker81k

feeler wrote: »
    It's abit under handed selling a service on the grounds that it would be live in the next two weeks and to turn around nearly 3 months later and say they have no idea when the site will be operational. Well that's my thoughts on it. Alot of people I've talked to seem to think the site isn't live because their not getting the numbers in the area to sign up.

The same situation here. Signed up in Oct and waiting since. When I rang them they said already 340 people have signed up for the Tipp mast - must have been all sales talk.

At least they refunded the €100 signing fee.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Mr Velo

maybe you should contact Imagine and tell them people aren't sticking to their download limits.
    BOOOOOOM!!!!!!!!!!! Burn!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Goreme

rodge123 wrote: »
    ED E wrote: »

HUAWEI-B953 is my three device.

Cant seem to find any name on Imagine device.
    Image of it attached.
    IMG_2696.JPG
    I have the same router as that one. I formerly had Huawei router and antenna. It kept stopping and shutting down (once per day) they replaced both with that black router/antenna. And I think the WiFi speeds are faster with this one that with the Huawei. Happy now. Also there was a delay with the dial tone kicking in with the Huawei, but its like having a normal phone now. - Happy customer now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

Got the text that imagine was available in my area on Monday,

I rang them yesterday and they put me down for installation today.

Guys where due for 8 this morning rang and let me know they where a bit behind but where on the way.

I have to say it's the best customer service I've received in ages I thought I'd be hanging around all day but nope only half an hour later than when the sales agent made the appointment and the installers rang to let me know about the delay. A small courtesy but greatly appreciated.

Anyway installed without a hitch and I am ecstatic with the results so far

99down 9 up and ping of 18ms.

At work now but can post a pic tonight after work if anyone needs confirmation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 Mystery666

Does anyone else find the wireless range of the router awful? It's fine on my pc cause its wired, but everyone else in the house is complaining of slow speeds

Advertisement