Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Imagine LTE Rural Broadband

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,318 ✭✭✭rob808

rodge123 wrote: »
    So after three evenings of calling Imagine, my speeds are no better.
    Still average 3Mb - 8Mb Down, 1Mb - 3Mb Up, 35 - 90 pings at peak hours.

I received the following email from customer support the other day:
    There are optimizations being undertaken on the site you are connected to over the next few weeks. These optimizations should alleviate all speed issues experienced by any of our customers connected to your site. You should see your speeds improving gradually over the next few weeks.
    My site in Cappagh, North Kildare.

I'm not going to hold my breath. I hope my lack of faith in them is unfounded and things do improve over the next few weeks.
    If not, I'm going to continue to bombard the customer support and facebook page with proof of my so called "Fibre Speeds".

On a slightly different note, they are constantly uploading speedtest results with excellent figures onto their Facebook page.
    The timestamps on them is ALWAYS between 9am and 4pm when most people are not using the service.
    It's a very misleading and sneaky advertising tactic in my opinion.
    I give it to them they are good at PR with there LTE, but they are A holes for constantly attacking NBP every chance they get.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 665 ✭✭✭OverRide

It's probably the crews posting up those results while they are on site
    They won't be working after five or on site anywhere so that's why there won't be any evening results posted no doubt
    Handy for the headline rate they want to advertise

That said,this site attracts enthusiasts mostly and people with problems,neither of which I don't think are representative
    Hopefully they'll resolve the two sites we now know have issues that they've acknowledged
    Maybe we should be keeping a list?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Mr Velo

Ongoing issues for me with this. During the day speeds range from 50 - 30MB, however in the evening they drop right down to about 4 and 5MB.
    Opened a ticket this evening last week with them. Agent had me do all sorts of tests, ping tests, trace routes, etc from a directly connected laptop. Emailed them the results as requested. It had to go to 2nd level support. No word back - so i called them on Wednesday evening when the speeds were down again. 
    Guy told me that 2nd level hadn't updated the ticket and he needed to speak to them, he then promised me a call back at 12 the next day as it was almost 8pm so no hope of getting anyone in 2nd level at that time.
    No call back - so yet again this evening i call up. Got talking to a pretty dismissive support guy - who basically told me that i "should" get a call back on Monday as 2nd level support only have 2 guys working there today due to sickness. WTF???? That's my problem how exactly??

Was speaking to 2 neighbours during the week who have the same setup - and like me they suffer with low speeds in the evening - so this talk of no contention.... and only selling a certain amount of slots on the mast is obvioulsy complete and utter horses**t.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭koppy

Just got a email saying I exceeded the daily limit. Speeds will be throttled until 12.

Only in from work and no one else here all day there's no way I could of exceeded it. No one home since 8 tis morning nothing left downloading. Speeds at less than 1 MB download..

Anyone else get throttled in the wrong before

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭fish fingers

koppy wrote: »
    Just got a email saying I exceeded the daily limit. Speeds will be throttled until 12.

Only in from work and no one else here all day there's no way I could of exceeded it. No one home since 8 tis morning nothing left downloading. Speeds at less than 1 MB download..

Anyone else get throttled in the wrong before
    Was just about to post, got an email at half twelve today saying gone to 75%, then another email two hrs later saying we were gone over. There's no way this happened. We couldn't of gone to 20gb when it was only wife and two young kids from around 9an this morning. This is not the first time it's happened to me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭koppy

Was just about to post, got an email at half twelve today saying gone to 75%, then another email two hrs later saying we were gone over. There's no way this happened. We couldn't of gone to 20gb when it was only wife and two young kids from around 9an this morning. This is not the first time it's happened to me.
    They said in d mail that I got a warning email and then that mail about exceeding the limit. But I never got the warning one just the over the limit one..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭alec76

I presume , Galway area is most affected with slow speeds and throttling?
    They probably oversold it to the last .

No throttling in Kerry whatsoever YET

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,209 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

alec76 wrote: »
    I presume , Galway area is most affected with slow speeds and throttling?
    They probably oversold it to the last .

No throttling in Kerry whatsoever YET

Speeds have been getting progressively slower in the evenings on the Tralee mast for the last week. Still very usable but the contention is definitely kicking in. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭alec76

xxyyzz wrote: »
    Speeds have been getting progressively slower in the evenings on the Tralee mast for the last week. Still very usable but the contention is definitely kicking in. :(
    It won't be as bad as in Galway IMO , we've got better proper fibre broadband coverage, so hopefully Imagine won't find as many customers in Kerry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭morgana

I've been noticing that as well, Bweeng mast. Peak speeds are way down from 50ish to below 30 to 20. As the previous poster, doesn't affect usability (yet). I've experienced this once before last August and it got sorted after a few weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭seanvanseanvan

I got the notification on website I was browsing, I just closed it and continued on. Then I got an email about 10 minutes ago saying I was at 75% but no slow down yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 531 ✭✭✭tiny timy

It has just become available in my area. I'd be on the cairn hill mast. Is it still causing problems or should I just stay with my 8mb provider?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 946 ✭✭✭XDA

tiny timy wrote: »
    It has just become available in my area. I'd be on the cairn hill mast. Is it still causing problems or should I just stay with my 8mb provider?

On Monday 20th, the 2 weeks they told me they would be working on the mast for will have passed. So far i've noticed absolutely no improvement in the evening speeds, 2-3mb down and less than 1mb up. During the day i'm seeing 20mb down and 2mb up.

I'll be contacting them again on Monday to see whats going on.

If i was you i'd hold off until there's confirmation of a big improvement on Cairn Hill.

Regards

XDA

Lovely. I had a feeling it was too good to be true. Thanks for the reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Horry

I am in the Craughwell area and am currently with Airwire and was thinking of moving to Imagine LTE, Does anybody have any feedback on the service

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭emm80

If it's the Cappataggle mast, I was connected to it on 6th January. So far the speed have been good, more or less consistent.

I was told 45mb when they installed, tested through wired connection is usually around that, over 50 an odd time,wireless tests at around 30-40.
    at peaks it does drop to 25-35mb sometimes, I also had a few random outages

My biggest issue at the minute is lag and disconnects on ps4 online, pings are always sub 50,and speeds r normal. Anyone any idea what could cause this? Would dynamic Ip be affecting it? Is really annoying, ps4 is wired connection.

emm80 wrote: »
    If it's the Cappataggle mast, I was connected to it on 6th January. So far the speed have been good, more or less consistent.

I was told 45mb when they installed, tested through wired connection is usually around that, over 50 an odd time,wireless tests at around 30-40.

My biggest issue at the minute is lag and disconnects on ps4 online, pings are always sub 50,and speeds r normal. Anyone any idea what could cause this? Would dynamic Ip be affecting it? Is really annoying, ps4 is wired connection.
    what your nat type on ps4?

I got the notification on website I was browsing, I just closed it and continued on. Then I got an email about 10 minutes ago saying I was at 75% but no slow down yet.

Just got the warning again, 2 nights now in a row. Something up !!

Try settings open dns as your dns settings and see if it helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭lol5605

Called during the week only to find out they are at capacity in my area. Is there anyone who offers something similar to this?

• Advertisement

My NAT type is 2 just checked, dont know what it means.

When you say open dns settings, you mean on ps4? Or modem? I did a custom setup of my connection but didn't see option to open dns or anything.
    Thanks

My NAT type is 2 just checked, dont know what it means.

When you say open dns settings, you mean on ps4? Or modem? I did a custom setup of my connection but didn't see option to open dns or anything.
    Thanks

Yes ps4, when you are setting up internet connection. There's a screen for entering your preferred dns manually.

Use : 208.67.222.222 & 208.67.220.220

tiny timy wrote: »
    Yes ps4, when you are setting up internet connection. There's a screen for entering your preferred dns manually.

Use : 208.67.222.222 & 208.67.220.220

Thx alot, ill try that tonight. How does NAT type affect it?

Thx alot, ill try that tonight. How does NAT type affect it?

Your NAT is good. If you have 2 then it's perfect. It means your ps4 is connected right, but it means nowt for your latency and such.

Just got the warning again, 2 nights now in a row. Something up !!

So I am here on my own and only a lap top connected and I used 5 gb in 2 hrs browsing !!!!!!

Throttled back to .98

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,253 ✭✭✭✭km79

So I am here on my own and only a lap top connected and I used 5 gb in 2 hrs browsing !!!!!!

Throttled back to .98

What kind of sites are you on :D

That's odd

Throttled back to .98
    check to see if you have a virus on your lap top

rob808 wrote: »
    check to see if you have a virus on your lap top

I have and nothing. It's a macbook pro

km79 wrote: »
    What kind of sites are you on :D

Not the kind that I will be on when the broadband cap is lifted, did I mention I was on my own :D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭rodge123

So now it's clear why my speeds have been getting worse at peak times over the last number of weeks!
    Let's see if they do something to improve performance over the next few weeks.

IMG_2822.jpg

Advertisement