Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Imagine LTE Rural Broadband

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭seanvanseanvan

Okay my cap has reset so I connected this https://www.asus.com/ie/Networking/RTAC3200/ to my imagine router. (tried this before and it didn't behave but it has a means for measuring download, so I am going to try again) Now I have just run a cable from the imagine router to wan/lan port on asus and then connected my powerline main plug to asus also. I then logged in to imagine router and disabled wifi.

Now my issue is when I go into the dashboard in Asus router i have a message saying "the WAN ip is not the external ip, external based ip services will not work"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

That message is expected, move the cable to a lan only port or you'll have issues down the road.

ED E wrote: »
    That message is expected, move the cable to a lan only port or you'll have issues down the road.

I should have said it is connected to the WAN port on the Asus (single port with an internet symbol in front of it ) I connected one of the four LAN ports to the powerline plugs. I don't know why I typed LAN/WAN port last night.
    I checked the broadband analysis (which shows apps using it) this morning and the two youngest were on their Ipads between 9am and 11.30am and used 6gb between them on you tube!!!

Another thing I noticed from the traffic analyser, I did 10 speed tests between 12 last night(time i hooked up Asus) and 2pm today and it used nearly 800mb of data.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭vanman99

Hi, how did you login to the imagine router?

vanman99 wrote: »
    Hi, how did you login to the imagine router?

With the username and password :P

sent you pm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭becksy79

First time going over the daily limit, throttled to under 1mb

me too, but it's still twice as fast as what Eircom were giving me

becksy79 wrote: »
    First time going over the daily limit, throttled to under 1mb

To be honest I am thinking the enforcing of the daily limit is related to the masts as they fill up because I got caught last night and I know there were days that I had 2 kids constantly on YouTube and and another playing FIFA online and I got no warning messages. Maybe the masts are nearing capacity now and they have to enforce it.

so at what time are we supposed to go back to high speed? i thought it was midnight? anyone know is is bang on midnight or does it take time for things to roll over?

so at what time are we supposed to go back to high speed? i thought it was midnight? anyone know is is bang on midnight or does it take time for things to roll over?

About 12.30/40 for me last night

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 531 ✭✭✭tiny timy

sent you pm

Do share please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 82 ✭✭keanebg1

tiny timy wrote: »
    Do share please.

Yes, please share

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,297 ✭✭✭highdef

I really don't think that he will share it publicly here and that is very understandable. It's not something that is known to the public and should he post in public, there's a chance he could get in trouble for it.

Having said that, I too would love the username and password.....by PM of course ;)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,738 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

dobbs2210 wrote: »
    Thanks. Took a look at that website. No mention of where the mast is located in Kilkenny?

It's located at Mount Nugent I was told.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,441 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

It's located at Mount Nugent I was told.
    Yes, it is Mount Nugent. Co-sited with KCLR 96.6 TX.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 WYSIWYG1977

Does anyone know what the penalty is for cancelling Imagine contract? I only signed up last month and found out today that eir FTTH is going to be available in my area from next week - minimum 150mb.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 885 ✭✭✭celticbhoy27

Does anyone know what the penalty is for cancelling Imagine contract? I only signed up last month and found out today that eir FTTH is going to be available in my area from next week - minimum 150mb.

50 euro

50 euro

Thanks. Not too bad - some providers will force you to pay up until end of contract.

What are EIR promising? Are they actually guaranteeing you 150mb?

I would save yourself a lot of hassle and stick with what you have, Eir make big promises and keep none of them.

What are they charging for this broadband after 6 months?

What are EIR promising? Are they actually guaranteeing you 150mb?

I would save yourself a lot of hassle and stick with what you have, Eir make big promises and keep none of them.

What are they charging for this broadband after 6 months?

It's Fibre to the Home - so speeds up to 1GB

Basic package is 150 mb - 35 pm for first 3 months and then 70 pm there after, including unlimited mobile & international calls.

I'm only getting speeds of 20mb with imagine.

CH

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭becksy79

sent you pm

Any chance you can pm details of how to log into imagines router please

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭ItHurtsWhenIP

50 euro

I thought it was €100. But definitely worth it @WYSIWYG1977. You lucky ducky! :D

I am like the the lad with the immersion now over the download cap, they definitely were not enforcing this all along so it must be based on mast capacity.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭dsignr25

We signed up for this yesterday as it looks like a pretty decent package - especially compared to what we currently have with eir (<1Mb). I received an email today outlining what to expect for the upcoming installation, and I'm concerned with how they say it will go, to be honest...

They state that the engineer will place the antenna in the best position external to the house - which is fair enough. I can live with that as long as common sense prevails.

What I'm worried about is that they then state that they use the shortest possible route into the house. Ultimately, they decide where the router will be placed.

I live in an old house with stone walls which does not sufficiently transmit wireless signals. The router can only be installed in my room, or it's useless to me. Has anybody had any bad experiences getting the engineers to install in a particular room?

• Registered Users Posts: 42 AH2016

Anyone with the router log in details/instructions that would like to pm them. It would be greatly appreciated.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,940 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

I am like the the lad with the immersion now over the download cap, they definitely were not enforcing this all along so it must be based on mast capacity.

which is why Imagine and their LTE product is not fit for purpose for the NBP no matter how many BS articles they write in the national papers to 'promote' their business while stabbing the NBP and fixed line fiber products. Imagine LTE at best is giving rural customers a chance of having a usable internet connection while they wait for something much better to come along.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭TopTec

dsignr25 wrote: »

Has anybody had any bad experiences getting the engineers to install in a particular room?

Not exactly bad but I live in an old stone cottage and wanted the router in the kitchen but the fitters refused to drill the kitchen wall as there were ceramic tiles on the inside. Easily sorted, I drilled from the inside outwards and they ran the cable.

In your case tell them where you want it and if they refuse don't have the product fitted and contact the CS to organise a refit to where you want it to go.

TT

Rang them today , very helpful guy on the phone explained to me that the cap emails are being sent now as they were using the wimax system for dealing with download caps but have a new system now and customers are being added block by block. He also said that the app is still in testing but it will allow access to the router to make changes as well as measuring downloads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47 John_2187

Can anyone please PM me with instructions how to log into the router? What IP do I have to go to on Google to access it??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,019 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

John_2187 wrote: »
    Can anyone please PM me with instructions how to log into the router? What IP do I have to go to on Google to access it??

What's Google got to do with your router? :confused:

EDIT: I guess you mean what IP address do you need to put into your browser application.

Advertisement