Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Imagine LTE Rural Broadband

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭vanman99

Please don't give EIR your money, I find these guys at Imagine very good. I had Eir committing 0.5mb on new house in January, with Imagine LTE i'm averaging 60mb. 20gb download per day, and costs less than the Eir package.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,154 ✭✭✭opinionated3

jacksie66 wrote: »
    This crowd any good? They were around my house today trying to sell it to my mother. I'm hesitant as Eir fibre is due in my village within the next few weeks, plus the exchange is across the road..

If the exchange is across the road I'd hang on for eir. You can get great deals from the likes of vodafone who use the same fibre line. I only got in imagine as my only alternative was eir non fibre which was around 4mb. Imagine charge 59.99a month just for my broadband which is expensive imo....i had previously enquired with eir as to their ftth plan for my area and unfortunately our road is not on the list so i had no choice but to go with imagine

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,940 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

jacksie66 wrote: »
    This crowd any good? They were around my house today trying to sell it to my mother. I'm hesitant as Eir fibre is due in my village within the next few weeks, plus the exchange is across the road..

definitely hold out for the fibre, if your that close to the exchange your likely to get 100megs, a fixed line connection is far more stable and you won't have to worry about the 20gig cap per day if your download large files such as games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭TopTec

Gonzo wrote: »
    you won't have to worry about the 20gig cap per day if your download large files such as games.

Why so?

What's stopping Eir putting in download limit price plans? If they think they can charge more they will do it.

TT

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

TopTec wrote: »
    Why so?

What's stopping Eir putting in download limit price plans? If they think they can charge more they will do it.

TT

Competition.

By definition anywhere Eir sell so do at least four others.

Imagine compete with nobody.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 goosey11

Hi. Does anyone know is it possible to switch of the wifi on the router.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭vanman99

You need to log in to the router and disable the SSID Broadcast.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 goosey11

vanman99 wrote: »
    You need to log in to the router and disable the SSID Broadcast.

Cheers bud but I thought they restricted the log in function on the router. Is there a default user name and password. ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

Called up Imagine today to sign up. Was told that my house was in coverage but the 400 spaces on the mast were full. Said they would call me if a space came available. Anybody come across this before ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭seanvanseanvan

Hit the cap again tonight, you tube on the kids ipads is killing me.

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭cabledude

Has anyone taken the initiative and persuaded Imagine to bring broadband to their area? How do they decide what areas get the service? I have at least 30 neighbors who are in the same situation as I am in; no landline or other service providers. There is a hill around a mile from our houses and Vodafone have a site up there already. How hard would it be to get Imagine to invest?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,940 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Imagine LTE now available in my area and all over Dunshaughlin, Ratoath and Ashbourne. Will be a tough sell with Eirs FTTH launching here next Wednesday!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 910 ✭✭✭homewardbound11

Has anyone gone through their cancellation process . It seems to me that they are no different than the others .
    Cancelled via email within their 14 day cooling off period . 2days later I get a technician calling arranging to install . Multiple emails saying they tried to contact but I've had no missed calls. Multiple email replies but they don't respond . When I called their 1890 number they say all is fine but I still don't get a cancellation or a refund of my 150 Euro .

Not happy at all with them so far .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 575 ✭✭✭richardw001

Hit the cap again tonight, you tube on the kids ipads is killing me.

Reduce the quality of the video streaming on the kids devices for a start

https://www.cnet.com/uk/how-to/how-to-change-the-video-quality-on-the-youtube-app-for-ios/

And for all those on the 20G limit like me - here's a more general article - hope this helps

https://www.howtogeek.com/201827/how-much-mobile-data-do-streaming-services-use-and-how-you-can-make-them-use-less/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 665 ✭✭✭OverRide

Has anyone gone through their cancellation process . It seems to me that they are no different than the others .
    Cancelled via email within their 14 day cooling off period . 2days later I get a technician calling arranging to install . Multiple emails saying they tried to contact but I've had no missed calls. Multiple email replies but they don't respond . When I called their 1890 number they say all is fine but I still don't get a cancellation or a refund of my 150 Euro .

Not happy at all with them so far .

Just do a charge back on your card
    You haven't been installed yet so no need for any faffing about with ringing them
    You've not got a service yet so your cooling off period can't even have started

Reduce the quality of the video streaming on the kids devices for a start

https://www.cnet.com/uk/how-to/how-to-change-the-video-quality-on-the-youtube-app-for-ios/

It doesn't keep the setting, you have to change it for every video. Thanks any way

Can the router restrict the bandwidth for their iPads?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

The way to do that is to null route the IP spaces of the regular youtube CDN forcing everyone in the house to hit the mobile CDN (designed for phones) which should default you down to a lower resolution.

Problem is its messy, will require regular updating by you, and isnt foolproof.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Johnfred

That big red "I understand" icon is a button, whenever I clicked on it a new tab would open up with the exact same scree, no amount of further clicking or it or anywhere on the page made any difference. Oddly I could go onto google search and search and receive search results, but the second I tried to click on any link I kept being redirected to this page. Facebook and everything was not working either. Im a fairly competent PC user, it wasnt user error.

Added this zoomed in image of the web address, you probably cant see it in the first image.

imagine%20web%20address%20for%20redirect.jpg
    I got this last night as well. The same pop up appearing no matter what I tried to access. Returned to normal at 10 past midnight.
    This is not throttling its actually cutting you off when you exceed the limit!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 501 ✭✭✭SkepticQuark

That's pretty misleading though if they claim they are supposed to throttle you. Anyone have any luck contacting them to see if it's a genuine error on their side? If this is how they deal with going over the usage then that would probably make me stick with the 1.5mbps we get from the phone line...

Johnfred wrote: »
    I got this last night as well. The same pop up appearing no matter what I tried to access. Returned to normal at 10 past midnight.

Does anything else work when that's appearing?

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Johnfred

OverRide wrote: »
    Does anything else work when that's appearing?
    Strangely the Facebook app and you tube app worked on my ipad but if you went onto any browser the message would pop up.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭thehouses

feeler wrote: »
    They rang today to say they where moving the site to a different location and would start installing the end of February. Never offered me any kind of refund.

I signed up with them in July, they kept putting the install date off. A salesperson even gave a "definite, definite, definite" install timeframe on a call. This call involved some backtracking when he didn't realise I had signed up and told me that it was installed in our area and they could get engineers out to the house within 2 months. It was pure sales talk.

Absolute nonsence from the company, the real reason has to be that they don't have enough people signed up and people cancel because they are sick of waiting. Their signs amount to false advertising saying they are live in our area when they clearly are not. I wouldn't believe the third party excuse for one moment.

Johnfred wrote: »

I was throttled twice and not cut off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Mr Velo

Ticket opened with this bunch for a number of weeks now due to slow speeds in the evenings. Eventually got a call back from 2nd level network guy last week - they're working on stuff etc etc..... made a change on my modem/radio and to reboot to ensure it picks up changes. Did this but absolutely no difference made.
    Called again yesterday evening at 7pm when speeds were at 3 - 4MB download. 1st level support guy basically saying he can't do anything - have to wait for the network guys. I swear it's a pure joke at this point. Ran a speed test before leaving this morning on my phone and got a 42MB download - i presume if it was direct connected it would be 60+. 
    In my opinion they have oversold on the Tonabrookey mast in Galway which is leading to our bandwidth problems, despite them promising minimum of 30MB and contention not being an issue. Frustrating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

Are imagine up to their usual tricks with this LTE? Wimax was supposedly the answer to everyones problems and then they started to peddle this. Poor customer service and a poor product. Not unlike them.

Steer clear lads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

Not you again...

Anyone any recent experience with the mast on Croghan (Arklow / Gorey area)? Hopefully getting installed on either Monday or Tuesday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

:):D:):D
    d31b0y wrote: »
    Not you again...

Anyone any recent experience with the mast on Croghan (Arklow / Gorey area)? Hopefully getting installed on either Monday or Tuesday.

• Advertisement

Are imagine up to their usual tricks with this LTE? Wimax was supposedly the answer to everyones problems and then they started to peddle this. Poor customer service and a poor product. Not unlike them.

Steer clear lads.

Imagine are no angels but they are the only game in town for most of their customers. It's either up to 100meg wireless with a 20gb daily cap or 56k/ISDN/Satellite/dongles/ADSL. Obviously when something much better like FTTC or FTTH becomes available in an area their customers will drop them very quickly.

Advertisement