Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Imagine LTE Rural Broadband

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭vanman99

What he said

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭TopTec

Steer clear lads.

Fine if you have the luxury of choice, apart from 1meg more expensive plan from Eir, Imagine is my only alternative....

TT

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

TopTec wrote: »
    Fine if you have the luxury of choice, apart from 1meg more expensive plan from Eir, Imagine is my only alternative....

TT
    Ignore the guy, he has some grievance with them dating back to 2011 and hasn't recovered since.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

xxyyzz wrote: »
    Ignore the guy, he has some grievance with them dating back to 2011 and hasn't recovered since.

And going by some of the more recent posts my grievances are well founded.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭bennyineire

Strange one,

I got a call from a service tech who said to that they have been monitoring my speeds and that they have been slowing down recently and that they are sending out service techs to get my speeds back up to what they should be.

When I was first installed speeds where around 50mb down then they went down to 7mb to 10mb for a few weeks but did recover to between 20mb and 30mb and have stayed at since November.

I didn't log a service call and was reasonable happy with the speeds although my upload is generally only about 1.5mb.

Any one else had these types of calls ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 665 ✭✭✭OverRide

Strange one,

I got a call from a service tech who said to that they have been monitoring my speeds and that they have been slowing down recently and that they are sending out service techs to get my speeds back up to what they should be.

When I was first installed speeds where around 50mb down then they went down to 7mb to 10mb for a few weeks but did recover to between 20mb and 30mb and have stayed at since November.

I didn't log a service call and was reasonable happy with the speeds although my upload is generally only about 1.5mb.

You should get Mr Velo to call over when they're there :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Mr Velo

OverRide wrote: »
    Strange one,

You should get Mr Velo to call over when they're there :D
    Let me know the time and place..... i'll be there ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭rodge123

Still getting terrible speeds in evenings off north Kildare mast.
    No response from detailed formal complaint email I sent imagine over three weeks ago.

Forwarded detailed info to comreg and advertising standards agency Ireland.
    Comreg have agreed to take up my complaint so let's see what happens.

If anyone wants to do similar, pm me and I'll forward email I sent them so you can adjust it to suit your case.

Maybe a few cases into comreg might light a fire under them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭TopTec

Keep us posted Rodge. I am interested in whether Comreg will actually do anything.

TT

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 654 ✭✭✭keredern

Hi, just wondering if anyone in the Gilltown/Hodgestown/Ballynafagh are of North Kildare are connected to Imagine LTE?

If so, can you let me know your experiences to date?

Many thanks. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 531 ✭✭✭tiny timy

keredern wrote: »
    Hi, just wondering if anyone in the Gilltown/Hodgestown/Ballynafagh are of North Kildare are connected to Imagine LTE?

If so, can you let me know your experiences to date?

Many thanks. :)

Did you read just 2 posts previous?

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Sellphone

@Gonzo:If Vodafone are there already, you should be getting their 4G coverage? Get them to check your eircode, and if you know someone on Vodafone, check it through their handset. Not scientific but a good indicator.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 654 ✭✭✭keredern

tiny timy wrote: »
    Did you read just 2 posts previous?

I did indeed!

I've read almost all of the pages on this thread and I've learned that one of the factors in the speed game is proximity to the mast.

The post above does not specify where in North Kildare (which is a relatively large area) the poster is situated, hence my question. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭alec76

alec76 wrote: »
    It won't be as bad as in Galway IMO , we've got better proper fibre broadband coverage, so hopefully Imagine won't find as many customers in Kerry.

Happy days are over, I am afraid.
    Tralee mast ,
    5 mb/s download, 2 mb/s upload at 9:20pm :(
    It used to be 90/8 last November.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,940 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Sellphone wrote: »
    @Gonzo:If Vodafone are there already, you should be getting their 4G coverage? Get them to check your eircode, and if you know someone on Vodafone, check it through their handset. Not scientific but a good indicator.

I've no Vodafone account. I have Meteor mobile and Eir ADSL for home broadband but in the process of switching over to Eir FTTH services which were switched on since last Wednesday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

alec76 wrote: »
    Happy days are over, I am afraid.
    Tralee mast ,
    5 mb/s download, 2 mb/s upload at 9:20pm :(
    It used to be 90/8 last November.

It was slow last night but was over 20 on Friday night so I wouldn't be panicking yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 TimPF

Hi there, thinking of signing up to Imagine in North Cork near Castletownroche.
    What is the speed and service like? How does the phone work?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭rayfitzharris

TimPF wrote: »
    Hi there, thinking of signing up to Imagine in North Cork near Castletownroche.
    What is the speed and service like? How does the phone work?
    Thanks

The phone works over IP, the speed will be great during the day and will probably drop to like 10mb in the evening, if it's anything like mine.

At the moment it's not working at all, looks like another DNS type issue..

• Registered Users Posts: 33,750 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

I got Imagine LTE installed yesterday.

Download speeds at peak times are at 80+ Mbps to the mid 90s Mbps.
    North of Kilkenny city.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,940 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Imagine have opened alot of new sites recently while others are no longer taking orders due to being full.

Anyone around Dunshaughlin, Ratoath, Ashbourne and north Dublin areas signed on to the new service yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

Has anyone noticed more aggressive usage caps tonight?

I have probably exceeded 15gb or so today and nay have reached my allowance but I am being directed to the imagine page about usage and midnight reset, etc.

Thing is, it's telling you that you are on a reduced speed but you actually can't browse the internet without constantly being redirected to the same page. So in effect you have no data to use.

Also you cannot connect to xbox live or anything like that either. It's not a slow speed problem, it's no speed.

I've had to use my phone data to post this.

Anyone else having this tonight??

Quick update. As soon as it passed midnight, it is all fine again.

Looks like the slower speeds/throttling are not going to be the same as before. Your browser will be locked down and no service.

However you will not be able to use your gaming console as Xbox live is not accessible.

EDIT : looking back around 5-6 pages, another user seems to have had the same problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

Spoke to tech support and I hadnt reached my limit and from their records I rarely exceed it and they apologized as apparently, this shouldnt be happening at all.

You are supposed to get a warning at 75% before being throttled until midnight reset, not being completely blocked and stuck in a redirect loop.

Will be interesting to see if its going to be resolved

so basically now instead of trottling you to a slow but usable speed, Imagine now disable your internet access after going over the limit and your connection becomes usable again after midnight? If so this is real Ryanair stuff!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 501 ✭✭✭SkepticQuark

Again did anyone phone up or email them about this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Dero

amadablam wrote: »
    Spoke to tech support and I hadnt reached my limit and from their records I rarely exceed it and they apologized as apparently, this shouldnt be happening at all.

You are supposed to get a warning at 75% before being throttled until midnight reset, not being completely blocked and stuck in a redirect loop.

roddy15 wrote: »
    Again did anyone phone up or email them about this?

Does amadablam's post above not answer this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

I am trying to sign up to them in Kildare but they keep saying the mast is full. (despite advertising all over their facebook today about space in rural kildare)

If I can not get on board with them, its only eircom for me, and a 0.7 download speed. Its not looking good at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Dero

Tzardine wrote: »
    I am trying to sign up to them in Kildare but they keep saying the mast is full. (despite advertising all over their facebook today about space in rural kildare)

If I can not get on board with them, its only eircom for me, and a 0.7 download speed. Its not looking good at the moment.

Which mast in Kildare? I'm on the Old Kilcullen mast, and I'd well believe it's full. The evening speeds are abysmal (having been great for the first few months).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

Dero wrote: »
    Which mast in Kildare? I'm on the Old Kilcullen mast, and I'd well believe it's full. The evening speeds are abysmal (having been great for the first few months).

I believe its up at Rahill / Dunmurry.

Even Imagine on an abysmal day would still be a dream to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,253 ✭✭✭✭km79

amadablam wrote: »

Worrying

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,750 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

On my first day with Imagine, I did so much downloading and watching Netflix in UHD, I went over the 20GB cap.
    Speed went to 1mb up and 1mb down.
    It was at 11.50pm and about half an hour later speeds back to normal.

Advertisement