Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Imagine LTE Rural Broadband

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭frostypants

Headshot wrote: »
    oh I have

Very much so but they keep annoying me

It's IMAGINESTOP to 50015

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Luckysasha

Ok I'm confused. I have read this topic from first to last page and still can't make up my mind. We have a Vodafone 4g dongle at the moment with a monthly limit of 100gbs we can't get any fixed line broadband where we live. Imagines LTE is offering unlimited for the same money and we are strongly tempted to switch. At the moment we stream maybe on average 5 hours of telly a day and standard internet usage i.e.: emails, Facebook, google etc nothing to heavy. No gaming or such. Even with the 20gigs a day cap I'm still thinking imagine is the way to go

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭SkepticQuark

Luckysasha wrote: »
    Ok I'm confused. I have read this topic from first to last page and still can't make up my mind. We have a Vodafone 4g dongle at the moment with a monthly limit of 100gbs we can't get any fixed line broadband where we live. Imagines LTE is offering unlimited for the same money and we are strongly tempted to switch. At the moment we stream maybe on average 5 hours of telly a day and standard internet usage i.e.: emails, Facebook, google etc nothing to heavy. No gaming or such. Even with the 20gigs a day cap I'm still thinking imagine is the way to go

If you are managing on 100gb a month Imagine shouldn't be too much of an issue since it totals to about 600gb a month. There are a lot of bad reviews and experiences here but honestly, you'd get the same amount if you looked at any other ISP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Luckysasha

Thanks. Yep I was thinking the same I'm sure with all the customers they have your not going to keep everyone happy.

It does seem to depend heavily on your area too, I'm on the Hollyford mast and experience a few issues now and again (odd DNS issue, lost connection entirely a week ago or so for about 10 minutes) but I'd take that over what the fixed line offers. In my opinion, the only way to really see if it's worth it for you is to just sign up, you have a period to drop out should you find it's not up to par with what you have now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 cadrjr

morgana wrote: »
    I just plugged my Asus into theirs and switched off the wireless on the Greenpack (didnt want to try bridge mode etc.) - works ok. But if you are only getting 5 - 7 Mbps consistently, I would contact Support to let them check into it. I very rarely go below 35, average 40 - 48.

Hi Morgana,
    how did you turn off wireless on the Greenpack ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭chrismon

Has anyone else received a overusage warning tonight?
    Iv been using the internet today but far from the 20GB limit they impose.
    Id be surprised if I hit 10GB today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

chrismon wrote: »
    Has anyone else received a overusage warning tonight?
    Iv been using the internet today but far from the 20GB limit they impose.
    Id be surprised if I hit 10GB today.

If you read back over this thread, it happens all the time. It's the latest thing with them and a pain as its not consistent. You should have a reset again after midnight. Depending on who you talk to in customer care, they say it's 20gb in any 24 hour period but also say resets every midnight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 730 ✭✭✭thefisherbuy

Mast near me is going to be live around end of may, just a question the mast is about 7-9km away and have a rough idea where it is.. I herd they won't install if you have trees around your house correct?

Mast near me is going to be live around end of may, just a question the mast is about 7-9km away and have a rough idea where it is.. I herd they won't install if you have trees around your house correct?

Depends really, we have trees around us and they could still get a strong signal. The only way to really know is to get them to try and install it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 531 ✭✭✭tiny timy

Won't install if trees are in the line of sight.

tiny timy wrote: »

Darn it's going to close, will they position it to the best line up if you get me? The tress are small ish..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭chrismon

amadablam wrote: »
    If you read back over this thread, it happens all the time. It's the latest thing with them and a pain as its not consistent. You should have a reset again after midnight. Depending on who you talk to in customer care, they say it's 20gb in any 24 hour period but also say resets every midnight.

I'll contact them about it the next time it happens.
    Thanks for that.

Darn it's going to close, will they position it to the best line up if you get me? The tress are small ish..

Yeah they'll try for best line of sight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,253 ✭✭✭✭km79

There is absolutely no way of knowing until they come
    Nobody can tell you for sure
    I have trees on 3 sides of site
    The tallest of which are the last side
    I was sure it would not work out
    It did

km79 wrote: »
    It did

CHeers for the reply

Looking at the direction of the mast (9km) the only trees blocking are near the house as said there small useless too.. have to see what they say, the tress that are on the way where marked out for cutting awhile back never got them cut.

It did

CHeers for the reply

Looking at the direction of the mast (9km) the only trees blocking are near the house as said there small useless too.. have to see what they say, the tress that are on the way where marked out for cutting awhile back never got them cut.
    Mast was 15 km from us and tallest trees in the way
    It's pot luck
    Much like the service it seems
    We have been lucky and I'm delighted so far but don't count on it
    I had actually backed out cos I was sick of waiting
    I tried another company and they could not Supply due to line of sight !
    I got back on to imagine and they installed 4 days before Xmas and got first month free
    I know it's a very First World thing so say but it's been life changing!
    I will despair if it degenerates and I have to go back to 3 mobile !
    It's always there though .....the worry that it will :D

It's pot luck
    I got back on to imagine and they installed 4 days before Xmas and got first month free

Great, what do you think of there service in general? I know I've herd many there customer support is bad.but beside this anything else? Do they install the signal on the roof just thinking that if they installed it higher on roof it the trees wouldn't make a difference as there not tall!

It's pot luck

Great, what do you think of there service in general? I know I've herd many there customer support is bad.but beside this anything else? Do they install the signal on the roof just thinking that if they installed it higher on roof it the trees wouldn't make a difference as there not tall!
    Customer service is woeful
    There is no doubt about that
    If you have a problem then you are in trouble
    I've been lucky so far .........but I've got to enjoy Netflix and xbox online without lag for the first time EVER
    I cant ever go back :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭TopTec

Not always true. Good few in the Moy Valley here are view blocked but maintain a good signal. It more depends how close they are to your property. An installation test is the only way to check.

TT

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,499 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

TopTec wrote: »
    Not always true. Good few in the Moy Valley here are view blocked but maintain a good signal. It more depends how close they are to your property. An installation test is the only way to check.

TT

Yes. Could never get connection to our nearest mast with Nova owing to trees. Wasn't an issue for imagine.

TopTec wrote: »

TT

Wouldn't install in two instances i know of locally due to trees in line of sight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭alec76

Mast in Tralee seems to be down?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

alec76 wrote: »
    Mast in Tralee seems to be down?

Yeah, mine is down

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭sebna

Got mine installed yesterday. They tested 56mbit. I am getting 16... when 30 was minimum promised? Anybody else had problems like this? Were they able to address it?

I had 18db/18db signal (tested 56mbit) but they had to switch me to a different cell as they said that one as full? So on the other I had 16/16db which tested best 49mbit but it is really 16mbit at best when I test.

Also my ping is all over the place jumps all the time between 23 - 53ms (pinging 8.8.8.8) as the download speeds constantly fluctuating between 800kb - 2.4mb.sec

I will be in touch with them tomorrow but it does not look good at all :/

Did anybody managed to get into the router?

Is it true those routers have no firewall on them?

Cheers

xxyyzz wrote: »
    Yeah, mine is down

Is there a site where you can check it or you know it is down cause your connection is down?

sebna wrote: »
    Is there a site where you can check it or you know it is down cause your connection is down?

http://irishoutages.com/problems/imagine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

I was having trouble last night for about an hour around the same time as your posts sebna. Down to 1MB.
    Back to normal from about 2130.

Bit late too, but I have trees in direct line of site and they still installed. I expect speeds to drop a bit over the summer as the leaves grow back in but so far, nothing noticeable.
    I'm only a couple of km from my mast though.

Thanks for the reply. I have read through last few pages and I can see clear pattern for what is happening to my installation.

I have tested this morning before going to work and it was 47-52mbit across 3 runs. So it looks like it might be contention in my case. I will most likely cancel as I need 30mbit minimum. I will not be paying for empty promises if they cannot meet 30mbit minimum which they have promised (well apparently my deposit and installation fee will be gone if I cancel or some of it)...

What a waste of time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

Just got a call that a new high site has opened that's closer to my house than the one i'm currently connected to. They're gonna come out on Monday and see if I get a better signal from it.

Advertisement