Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Imagine LTE Rural Broadband

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 730 ✭✭✭thefisherbuy

Hi

update to my situation.

They called out and they immediately found the problem the WAN cable was right, so they replaced it within 10 mins it was up getting speeds from 65-90mb, They said the lads installing made a f#ck up! good service imop Don't care really about the speeds aslong as their 20+ which they are... Good service so far.

Just a question about the router logins Does anyone have the password/username

Do you have to ring them to make changes or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭SkepticQuark

Just a question about the router logins Does anyone have the password/username

Do you have to ring them to make changes or what?

I have the login for a white router they give. You might have a different one though.

If you can't get into it then yeah you'll have to ask them to make changes for you.

roddy15 wrote: »
    I have the login for a white router they give. You might have a different one though.

If you can't get into it then yeah you'll have to ask them to make changes for you.

I have a white router the one they give PM me the info if you would be kind? :D:D Hopefully it'll work.

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭rodge123

Could you pm me the login details please roddy? Have the same router.

• Advertisement

No luck roddy darn it!

Cheers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 113 ✭✭cornholio509

Cannot login to the LTE routers . IMagine have them locked and the only way to change settings is to email them . They wont do it over the phone and require you to email the changes needed to be made . I also got the login details or so i thought . Apparently it just your wireless SSID and the password you get . NOt the actual login .

THey will not change the NAT settings for anyone either .

Cannot login to the LTE routers . IMagine have them locked and the only way to change settings is to email them . They wont do it over the phone and require you to email the changes needed to be made . I also got the login details or so i thought . Apparently it just your wireless SSID and the password you get . NOt the actual login .

THey will not change the NAT settings for anyone either .

So the fact I can log in just fine is false then? They don't hand out the login true but there are a good few people who have managed to access them just fine. I was luckily left the manual for the router in a box the engineers left after they were finished, inside that was the default router login details.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 113 ✭✭cornholio509

No login details left with my router . I ask them for the login and they straight up told me no way . If i need changes made i would have to email it in .

Quote from support management .

"We do not hand out router login access to our customers . THere maybe a web app later with limited functionality on but its not confirmed . Any changes you may wish to make need to be done via email to our support staff ."

No login details left with my router . I ask them for the login and they straight up told me no way . If i need changes made i would have to email it in .

Quote from support management .

"We do not hand out router login access to our customers . THere maybe a web app later with limited functionality on but its not confirmed . Any changes you may wish to make need to be done via email to our support staff ."

That's why I said luckily. It is possible to get access to their router though but it's hit or miss if the default login works it seems.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭alec76

That's why I said luckily. It is possible to get access to their router though but it's hit or miss if the default login works it seems.

Absolutely, only thing, they've got few different router brands/models with the different default login , obviously.
    Huawei , Gemtek, Green pack etc.
    People need to stop calling it White , Black routers and be more specific. Every router has a model name underneath , or even brand name .

Outage since about 4:30pm. Got a text saying it's a "minor" issue, surely minor issues don't take this long to sort... Would prefer honesty over sugar coating.

EDIT: Came back on at some point between midnight and 8am.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭sebna

Speed of my connection has dropped recently to laughable 6 down /3 up mbit... also the latency is jumping all over the place. I will be giving them a call but the service is getting progressively worse from the time of installation about a month ago.

just to confirm is the 20gb off at midnight? or does the limit if you reach it get reset?
    cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 anto11

For the last 3 to 4 weeks my black router ready light starts flashing and my broadband disconnects. The more i use the internet the more time it disconnects and reconnects after a few minutes. Have contacted Imagine but all i get is WE ARE LOOKING INTO IT.
    Anyone else have this problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭chrismon

Fibre lines being pulled outside the house today.
    Can't wait to get rid of imagine.
    Worst ISP iv had to date.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Macspower

Mine has been excellent for the 6 months since installation until about a month ago.
    now every evening I have to suffer these speeds.

During the day and early morning I can get up to 80mb and even over 100 in the early days but weekends and evenings are so painful that it cant even stay up with typing on social media or any sort of streaming.

6359729649.png

but earlier today I can get this

6358539311.png

I've e mailed customer service with all my results for the last number of months and it can clearly be seen going downwards in general.

I think they have oversubscribed the area. I know when I signed up they told me there were only a few spaces left on the mast as they limit it to 400 and they are still selling it in my area.

Yeah, I can also confirm my area has gotten slower over time though not as dramatic as that during peak times (yet). We used to be getting in the 90mbps range, now it's rare to see over 50mbps on average it's really about 30mbps-40mbps but that thankfully doesn't seem to change much during peak times although I have seen it drop to maybe about 20mbps for a few hours it doesn't seem to have a pattern to it though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Macspower wrote: »
    Mine has been excellent for the 6 months since installation until about a month ago.

During the day and early morning I can get up to 80mb and even over 100 in the early days but weekends and evenings are so painful that it cant even stay up with typing on social media or any sort of streaming.

I've e mailed customer service with all my results for the last number of months and it can clearly be seen going downwards in general.

I think they have oversubscribed the area. I know when I signed up they told me there were only a few spaces left on the mast as they limit it to 400 and they are still selling it in my area.

I have a DSL connection in my house shared with family and it is fine for the most part but I cannot game while others are online at same time so I was going to subscribe to this service as well as the DSL connection so they can use imagine while I used the DSL connection.

But I soon came to my senses after reading through this thread and also the added cost each month. When i inquired with them they also told me there were only a few spaces left in my area. Maybe they just say that to everyone so they jump the gun without thinking it through and subscribe so as not to lose a spot.

Yeah, I can also confirm my area has gotten slower over time though not as dramatic as that during peak times (yet). We used to be getting in the 90mbps range, now it's rare to see over 50mbps on average it's really about 30mbps-40mbps but that thankfully doesn't seem to change much during peak times although I have seen it drop to maybe about 20mbps for a few hours it doesn't seem to have a pattern to it though.

Just got mine in can't say much as of now, but I can see some sort of pattern during off peak times (8am-2pm) I'd be getting 85+mb but then as evening sets in I'd get a steady 50+ for the rest of the night then it goes up around 12pm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭morgana

My pattern had been pretty solid 60ish off-peak and around 50ish peak until so-called optimisation works with no or hardly any packet loss. Ever since they "worked" at the high site, my peak time speed has dropped dramatically to <20, often even below 10 with increased packet loss between 10 - 15% percent in a single ping test or an accumulated 2.2 % over the evening causing lag spikes when gaming (not severe yet, but noticeable).
    I am now worried that it will deteriorate further over time, CS wants me to run ping/tracert/ speedtests (which i have been doing and recording ever since i got connected) which is fair enough but hard to organise as they want only one device connected at that time especially in the evening when everybody is online. I will do it but I seriously doubt its anything on my side as it clearly seems to be connected to whatever they did at the high site.

Strange really weird with imagine some are over filled and some are on the "400" quote.. my speeds are all on LAN cable. I find gaming very good, and downloads are very high speeds compared to sky( but obviously the 20gb is annoying)

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Goreme

Macspower wrote: »

6359729649.png

but earlier today I can get this

6358539311.png

Where is your area?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭DredFX

Quick question for other users: what kind of house phones are you using for the service?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭TireeTerror

DredFX wrote: »
    Quick question for other users: what kind of house phones are you using for the service?

I have not even bothered connecting a phone. House phones are for the elderly and monitored alarm systems. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭DredFX

I have not even bothered connecting a phone. House phones are for the elderly and monitored alarm systems. :D

Hah, I'd agree but the family wants one now, and customer service have been anything but helpful (as you'd expect from regional monopolies). They said to avoid phones that have British adaptors and lack VOIP functionality, and stubbornly refuse to give recommendations. Been researching but I'd rather an opinion from someone who knows what phone would suit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Just pick up whatever you like your local Argos, the ATA inside the modem does all the work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭TopTec

DredFX wrote: »
    They said to avoid phones that have British adaptors and lack VOIP functionality

I have one from Tesco's in the UK, a Binatone with two handsets... works fine,

TT

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Macspower

Goreme wrote: »
    Where is your area?

Im in Co.Kildare off junction 7 on the N7 . I'm connected to their Kilteel site

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭sebna

I got text when I was at work that they are doing some work in my area. I came back and now I am getting 6/2 down/up speeds... I was getting 14 off-peak, which is ****e anyway... I will give it another day or two but if it stays like that I will call them and see what they say :D

Advertisement