Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Imagine LTE Rural Broadband

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Dero

deadl0ck wrote: »
    So I should be fine with 20GB per day as that's about 600GB per month

You should be fine, but just be careful not to conflate 20Gb per day with 600GB per month. It's a bit tricky if you need to do occasional big downloads like PS/Xbox/Steam games etc. You might use 5Gb per day for a week, then do 50GB on one download and get throttled.

Just be aware.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

Dero wrote: »
    You should be fine, but just be careful not to conflate 20Gb per day with 600GB per month. It's a bit tricky if you need to do occasional big downloads like PS/Xbox/Steam games etc. You might use 5Gb per day for a week, then do 50GB on one download and get throttled.

Just be aware.
    I'll keep an eye on it.

Also - no major deal being throttled if they reset it at midnight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 730 ✭✭✭thefisherbuy

vanman99 wrote: »

Link doesn't work what's the name of it ?

Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 531 ✭✭✭tiny timy

Link doesn't work what's the name of it ?

Cheers

Working fine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,253 ✭✭✭✭km79

tiny timy wrote: »
    Working fine

Not working for me either

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭NewWorldLeader

km79 wrote: »
    Not working for me either
    Are you checking it on a phone?

Are you checking it on a phone?

Yep

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Works fine for me on desktop.

Edit: Just checked and doesn't work for me on phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭NewWorldLeader

Yep
    That's probably why. Go to argos and put "Simple Value Corded Telephone - Single" in the search and it'll be the €6:49 one

So do they give you a router also ?
    If so - any good ? And can it be replaced with a better one if needs be ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 531 ✭✭✭tiny timy

Working fine on phone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 730 ✭✭✭thefisherbuy

Cheers,

wouldn't work on my phone fine on the Computer! Do you have this phone yourself?

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭hbab2009

Is Imagine LTE good enough to handle IPTV? I am currently getting between 10 and 20MB download speeds but IPTV is freezing every 10 sec. I spoke to IPTV provider and they have said all is ok on their side. Is there a setting/settings I need to change on the router. I have tried wireless and lan connection to my IPTV box but still get freezing every 10 sec.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

hbab2009 wrote: »
    Is Imagine LTE good enough to handle IPTV? I am currently getting between 10 and 20MB download speeds but IPTV is freezing every 10 sec. I spoke to IPTV provider and they have said all is ok on their side. Is there a setting/settings I need to change on the router. I have tried wireless and lan connection to my IPTV box but still get freezing every 10 sec.

Not much point when you've a 20GB a day limit

It wouldn't be my main tv source, just used possibly 10hrs per week

hbab2009 wrote: »

Hmm.... I have IPTV for the last 2 weeks and all the SD stuff is fine on my 5MB connection with Eircom.
    I'd change the supplier if I were you

ok thanks for that. I must PM u.

Do Imagine have a usage monitor to keep an eye on things daily ?

Do Imagine have a usage monitor to keep an eye on things daily ?

No

No
    That's a pain in the ass.

So no real way to monitor / verify your usage unless you can get access to the router admin screens, and even then it may not be logged there...

• Advertisement

So no real way to monitor / verify your usage unless you can get access to the router admin screens, and even then it may not be logged there...

No
    They send an email when you hit 15GB

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

DredFX wrote: »
    Right. I dove into Netflix settings and reduced the standard quality and disabled auto-play. Hoping that'll make a difference.
    going to have to do the same. Have hit the 20gb limit a few times lately. Wet summer and kids are spoilt with on demand programs, making them them watch "normal" kids channel on satellite is now seen by them as a punishment. Kids these days! Back in my day of 2 channels grumble grumble...

It would be great if there was a way on netflix to reduce the quality of the kids profile streaming only..

20gb limit is getting seriously annoying.

Scruff wrote: »
    going to have to do the same. Have hit the 20gb limit a few times lately. Wet summer and kids are spoilt with on demand programs, making them them watch "normal" kids channel on satellite is now seen by them as a punishment. Kids these days! Back in my day of 2 channels grumble grumble...

It would be great if there was a way on netflix to reduce the quality of the kids profile streaming only..

20gb limit is getting seriously annoying.

According to this you can control it per profile.
    So have one profile for your kids and one for you and that should make it easier

According to this you can control it per profile.
    So have one profile for your kids and one for you and that should make it easier

Cheers! had to untick the "child" tick box under manage profiles first to enable account settings for their profile. Changed settings then re-ticked "child" box.

Scruff wrote: »
    Cheers! had to untick the "child" tick box under manage profiles first to enable account settings for their profile. Changed settings then re-ticked "child" box.

Be interesting to see if it makes much of a difference....

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭SkepticQuark

Yeah, I can confirm the white gemtek router doesn't have usage stats either. I have everyone go through an N66U router to see how much has been used.

roddy15 wrote: »
    Yeah, I can confirm the white gemtek router doesn't have usage stats either. I have everyone go through an N66U router to see how much has been used.

Good to know. Does that router allow you to port forward as I want to be able to get at my Security Camers, FTP server etc from the outside ?

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭SkepticQuark

Good to know. Does that router allow you to port forward as I want to be able to get at my Security Camers, FTP server etc from the outside ?

Well, you can port forward on an N66U and imagine's router but I'm not sure how effective it might be on your own router like a N66U when the imagine router is another layer on top. Need someone more knowledgeable and awake than me for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Scoopsire

Is anyone using this service in longford, can you provide your thoughts or a screenshot of average speeds, latency, etc?

Looking to have it installed for my parents as it's the only option available.

• Advertisement

Be interesting to see if it makes much of a difference....

set it to Low (0.3 GB per hour) so that should make a huge difference. Definite reduction in the picture quality, kids havent noticed :D

Advertisement