Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Imagine LTE Rural Broadband

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

deadl0ck wrote: »
    The changed the username / password I had set for the router (I had to tell them what I set it to)

Theres a reason why pinhole management is a thing, if Imagine were a serious ISP they wouldnt have to lock you out of a local password (which you can reset).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

Yeah - worst case I can restore the original configuration which I saved and set up all the stuff again now that the external device is port forwarded

• Registered Users Posts: 22 beepers

In view of proposed demise of WIMAX I changed to LTE. Most disappointed. Performance extremely variable. Monthly bill (with same usage pattern) increased from €30 to over €100. Now porting from Imagine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

beepers wrote: »
    In view of proposed demise of WIMAX I changed to LTE. Most disappointed. Performance extremely variable. Monthly bill (with same usage pattern) increased from €30 to over €100. Now porting from Imagine.

Over 100? Is that every month or just your first bill since you moved over to LTE?

• Registered Users Posts: 22 beepers

My first bill after changing to LTE, however Imagine say NO charge to change. Difference in anticipated bill of €100+ instead of €60 is due to calls to Britain (England, Scotland and Wales) no longer included in package. We make many calls to Britain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,058 ✭✭✭✭listermint

beepers wrote: »
    My first bill after changing to LTE, however Imagine say NO charge to change. Difference in anticipated bill of €100+ instead of €60 is due to calls to Britain (England, Scotland and Wales) no longer included in package. We make many calls to Britain.

Not being funny but why are your calls not voip?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,322 ✭✭✭Homer

As a matter of curiosity what is the request for port forwarding for? I am getting connected next week and have a feeling I may need the same done.

Homer wrote: »
    As a matter of curiosity what is the request for port forwarding for? I am getting connected next week and have a feeling I may need the same done.

It's to allow access to devices on your network to be accessed from the outside world.
    For example if you are on your mobile data and you want access to a security camera feed that connected to your home network

BTW - What's the story with contracts etc ?
    I'm online a week now and have not seen any contract or even a customer number - when I rang support about my port forwarding they had to look me up based on my mobile number

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 113 ✭✭cornholio509

BTW - What's the story with contracts etc ?
    I'm online a week now and have not seen any contract or even a customer number - when I rang support about my port forwarding they had to look me up based on my mobile number

THe piece of paper you signed when they installed your connection is your contract . Your customer/account no. number is on it at the top of the page if i remember correctly .

THe piece of paper you signed when they installed your connection is your contract . Your customer/account no. number is on it at the top of the page if i remember correctly .
    OK - So the job number is my account number then...

Actually - out of curiosity, they phone sales guy told me I could cancel at any time for 100 Euro (If I'm still in the 18 month contract).
    Reading their terms and conditions it says :
    10.2 If the Customer terminates this Agreement or the LTE Service(s) or any of them, during the Minimum Term,
    including in circumstances where the customer is changing address, imagine may, without prejudice to its
    rights to treat the termination as a breach or repudiation of this Agreement, agree to accept such termination
    provided that the Equipment is returned in good order and that thirty (30) days prior written notice has been
    received of such termination and the Customer agrees to pay to imagine all outstanding charges accrued in
    full together with the termination charge of one hundred Euros (€100) inclusive of VAT for early termination
    of the LTE Service(s).

the Customer agrees to pay to imagine all outstanding charges accrued in full together with the termination charge of one hundred Euros (€100)
    Wonder if they consider the remainder of the 18 months as outstanding charges ?

Just curious in case it goes to sh1te and I want to go back to my Eircom 5Meg.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭George Sunsnow

They don't
    It's €100
    There are examples in this thread

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,751 ✭✭✭smokingman

Well....at least my ping is reasonable given I signed up to "up to 70 MB download"...

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭NewWorldLeader

smokingman wrote: »
    Well....at least my ping is reasonable given I signed up to "up to 70 MB download"...
    What do you get on a wired connection? I know it's early in the day for my test but wifi can be fickle

What do you get on a wired connection? I know it's early in the day for my test but wifi can be fickle

80 Meg - Am I missing something here ?
    That connection is excellent - there's obviously an issue with WiFi.

EDIT : Whoops - that wasn't his connection speed - sorry for my stupidity / mixup

80 Meg - Am I missing something here ?
    That connection is excellent - there's obviously an issue with WiFi.
    Well that speedtest is on a wired connection, this one is wifi through an extender, I can get 50+ in the same room as the router. What mast are you connected to? Mine is Maghera. If you can connect a laptop through ethernet and do a speed test that way?

Well that speedtest is on a wired connection, this one is wifi through an extender, I can get 50+ in the same room as the router. What mast are you connected to? Mine is Maghera. If you can connect a laptop through ethernet and do a speed test that way?

Yes I realise that - I'm really saying what's the problem with Imagine ? They are obviously providing the service (s)he paid for

EDIT : Again - my mix up - sorry all !!

I just realised you're not the person I thought I was replying to lol

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭George Sunsnow

smokingman wrote: »

Have you ever tested on a wired connection? You've been asked a few times to post a wired on here,is it that you don't use a laptop or pc?
    You really do need to rule out wifi issues

Also note that the router will have a 5G wifi aswell as the ordinary 2.5g
    If connected to its 5G wifi signal in the same room as the router,it should give you almost the same as a wired connection
    If I go to the far end of my house,my speed via wifi from the Imagine router might only be 10 or less because wifi does not like walls corridors and doors
    I would not ring up Imagine to solve that problem,I'd just get a few power line adaptors and set them up where needed

Have you ever tested on a wired connection? You've been asked a few times to post a wired on here,is it that you don't use a laptop or pc?
    You really do need to rule out wifi issues

Also note that the router will have a 5G wifi aswell as the ordinary 2.5g
    If connected to its 5G wifi signal in the same room as the router,it should give you almost the same as a wired connection
    If I go to the far end of my house,my speed via wifi from the Imagine router might only be 10 or less because wifi does not like walls corridors and doors
    I would not ring up Imagine to solve that problem,I'd just get a few power line adaptors and set them up where needed
    Yep - no point ringing them if they have not done a direct connection to the router and also make sure there is nothing else using the connection at the same time.
    I have seen both XBox and PS eating up bandwidth. Even though they look powered down they may just be in the soft power down where they automatically download updates and patches.

So last night Netfliix stopped working (on apple TV), and I couldn't connect to the Nintendo eShop on my switch either. I noticed that my wireless connection on my phone had a little exclamation mark on it and it said I had to sign in.

I went to a web page on my phone and saw that there was a 15GB warning as a web page that was essentially blocking me until I hit the "I Understand" button.

Netflix still wouldn't work and until I wen to my laptop, went to a webpage and got redirected to the stupid Warning Page and clicked the "I Understand" button. Then it all worked again.

So they are now basically blocking all internet traffic with this stupid warning page at 75% usage and until it get's OK'd on my laptop I can't proceed.

Anybody else get this ?? Can you request for it to be disabled ? WTF is wrong with the email they were sending ? (I got that as well a little later)

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭grebtol2

Is there any sign Imagine will soften on the 20GB limit? I estimate I would hit 20GB often but rarely 30GB and probably never 40GB. I know the priority is for Imagine to roll out a network. Hopefully there'll be room for manoeuvre with cap soon.

I'm digging through the thread but in one word is the LTE experience positive?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

grebtol2 wrote: »
    Is there any sign Imagine will soften on the 20GB limit? I estimate I would hit 20GB often but rarely 30GB and probably never 40GB. I know the priority is for Imagine to roll out a network. Hopefully there'll be room for manoeuvre with cap soon.

If they do itll just get slower and its already failing to meet speed promises.

Yes, on empty masts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Dero

Anybody else get this ?? Can you request for it to be disabled ? WTF is wrong with the email they were sending ? (I got that as well a little later)

Yes, I've had it several times, including times when it wouldn't go away and looped back to the waning page until it reset after midnight... That hasn't happened in the last couple of months at least. It's very frustrating when you know you've 5GB left but you can't use it...

I asked to opt out of the 15GB warning, but they refused. It's very annoying (and amateurish) when it blocks access from any non-interactive device until the warning is acknowledged in a browser.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

Hopefully not, whatever speeds are available now would go out the window if they did.

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭SkepticQuark

ED E wrote: »
    If they do itll just get slower and its already failing to meet speed promises.

Yes, on empty masts.

This is accurate. My mast seems to be fairly empty and we enjoy around 40-60mbps all day with maybe a drop every week or so. To add then the cap seems to be lightly enforced for us with seemingly unlimited download at night. Nice to be living around people who for the most part seem to have no interest in fast broadband.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭seanvanseanvan

Yes, there are 12 slots left on the mast I am on and I have never been below 30mb around peak times. I know it's late at night now but I just checked it and got 81mb

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭TopTec

Yes, there are 12 slots left

How does one get that information?

TT

Advertisement