Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Imagine LTE Rural Broadband

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,828 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

d31b0y wrote: »
    New portal gone live for usage today;
    https://lteportal.imagine.ie/portal/index/index
    TopTec wrote: »
    All I'm getting is 'Access Denied'!!

TT

Just spoke to them about it..

Pilot roll-out , not available to everyone yet.. All accounts to be activated over the next few weeks. You'll get an email in advance letting you know you've been activated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

Just looked at the screenshot - Interesting that they say the usage is between 7am and midnight.

Does this mean the fabled unmetered usage between 12 and 7 is true ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭morgana

deadl0ck wrote: »
    Just looked at the screenshot - Interesting that they say the usage is between 7am and midnight.

Does this mean they fabled unmetered usage between 12 and 7 is true ?

I don't have access yet either, but that screenshot is most interesting indeed.
    The Note
    2qk3401.png
    would clearly point to unmetered access between midnight and 7 am.
    If truly true :P happy days!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

Regarding the unmetered between 12 and 7, I have been told on a number of occasions that it is 50GB per week between 12am and 7 am. After that, you start to use your 20GB daily limit.
    The info from the current portal seems to go against that but, as someone said, it's a pilot roll out and may change before it fully goes live.

Some more screenshots;
    bMrXYvi.png
    tjiz4MZ.png

C8tlL3A.png

AQrDca9.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

What's the smartphone app thingy ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 jester999

Would that not be GB's and you are not measuring speed so /s(second) is wrong. :P

/s was a typo man

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭George Sunsnow

New portal gone live for usage today;
    https://lteportal.imagine.ie/portal/index/index

Is it a live update of data usage or at least almost live do you know or does it lag an hour or few hours behind?
    The latter would be useless

It's definitely not live. I gave up checking for a 500MB game I downloaded from Steam after about 40 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Ultimanemo

. I hate having to leave Eir has they have great support teams and customer service
    It is love from one side, eir don't care about their customers, if they care about you they would have given you a better speed, even unlimited 4G which they have. I was a loyal customer like yourself, then eir stopped FTTH cable 130 metres before my house, no allowance given to years of loyalty.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭NewWorldLeader

What i want to know is, does this mean they'll stop redirecting us after hitting the 15GB warning?

• Advertisement

Doubt it and that is the thing that annoys me the most about the 20GB limit. So many devices can't display a redirect like that. There really should be an option to opt out.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,828 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Doubt it and that is the thing that annoys me the most about the 20GB limit. So many devices can't display a redirect like that. There really should be an option to opt out.

Absolutely...

It's an absolute pain if I'm watching Netflix on my TV , it just stops playing and gives an error.

I then have to open my phone/tablet and randomly browse across a few pages to force the re-direct to appear so I can clear it..

By all means , send me the email/sms warning , but the block & redirect is a completely unnecessary pain in the backside..

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭SkepticQuark

Got logged into the portal today says we've used 2GB today but then 0/20GB of today's usage, could we still have lucked out on the no cap. :P To be honest, we still use the thing assuming there is a cap the vast majority of the time so haven't really abused it but has been nice being able to download 40-50GB games when needed in under 3 hours without caring.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭Trick of the Tail

I'm glad I'm not the only one who gets annoyed by that sh1t.

I've complained to them about it a few times.

Met with deaf ears, I think.

A

Quin_Dub wrote: »
    Absolutely...

It's an absolute pain if I'm watching Netflix on my TV , it just stops playing and gives an error.

I then have to open my phone/tablet and randomly browse across a few pages to force the re-direct to appear so I can clear it..

By all means , send me the email/sms warning , but the block & redirect is a completely unnecessary pain in the backside..

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭SkepticQuark

Don't know if this has been mentioned already but on their customer survey, they asked about if the customer would be interested in a service providing faster speeds than already provided. I mean that would be nice and all if there was a higher cap to go with that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,253 ✭✭✭✭km79

roddy15 wrote: »
    Don't know if this has been mentioned already but on their customer survey, they asked about if the customer would be interested in a service providing faster speeds than already provided. I mean that would be nice and all if there was a higher cap to go with that.

I’m happy with speeds and would prefer a higher cap !
    I mean I’m nit sure how making it any faster would improve things that much for me whereas even a 10GB increase in cap per day would be useful

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

km79 wrote: »
    I’m happy with speeds and would prefer a higher cap !
    I mean I’m nit sure how making it any faster would improve things that much for me whereas even a 10GB increase in cap per day would be useful

I'm with you on that. I have a really slow 2-3Mb connection and if they upped the daily cap by even 10GB's then I would really think about switching over.

roddy15 wrote: »
    From reading their facebook site, I got the impression they are scared to death of NBP, probably they want to know if customers will leave them for the fibre connection.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

Ultimanemo wrote: »
    From reading their facebook site, I got the impression they are scared to death of NBP, probably they want to know if customers will leave them for the fibre connection.

Will be gone in a heartbeat, they are fairly predatory when it comes to rural customers in how they sell their stuff.

If they had a service even with lower speeds but bot daily cap it would probably work out better for them but they are too stupid to realise that.

Calhoun wrote: »
    Will be gone in a heartbeat, they are fairly predatory when it comes to rural customers in how they sell their stuff.

If they had a service even with lower speeds but bot daily cap it would probably work out better for them but they are too stupid to realise that.
    I don't know about them, I can't get them in Galway, they are completely booked where I live, if ever NBP happens they will change and will introduce better or no caps, I guess they are betting NBP will never happen, I would bet my money on that as well

• Advertisement

I
    I don't know about them, I can't get them in Galway, they are completely booked where I live, if ever NBP happens they will change and will introduce better or no caps, I guess they are betting NBP will never happen, I would bet my money on that as well

It might not happen because of the eir rollout but if it doesn't happen I expect a EU level lawsuit.

I am actually considering a second eir line rather than imagine.

Calhoun wrote: »
    I

It might not happen because of the eir rollout but if it doesn't happen I expect a EU level lawsuit.

I am actually considering a second eir line rather than imagine.
    What about 4G

What about 4G

Usage Caps would be the issue, and line stability. I game online and work, imagine and wireless aren't the best for it.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,937 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

if Imagine provided an up to 50/5 meg service instead of 100/10 but with a 30gb daily cap instead of 20 it would be much more sensible. It would still be a problem for those who want to download games but for almost everybody else 30 gb a day is fine for most, whereas 20 really is cutting it fine.

I don't think folk want to download games as such but with such a high speed at times as it is if you have a rogue program you haven't monitored and it downloads it can rat up allot of data very fast.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

They moved in on territories, that were widely covered by other Fixed Wireless ISPs .. who may have had lower speeds advertised, but were half the price. And that have a far more extended infrastructure in those areas.

Once people found out, that what they got in the end wasn't really that much faster than their old connection, sales died down.

And yes .. they will find it very difficult to compete with FTTH and NBP, because they don't deliver, what they advertise.

I mean .. advertising 70 Mbit/s, then telling customers 30 Mbit/s is ok and that's off peak and charging more than what FTTC or FTTH packages cost, with a lower cap than anyone else, that hits you every single day, ... if you're a high user ... what did they expect ?

/M

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭George Sunsnow

Gonzo wrote: »
    if Imagine provided an up to 50/5 meg service instead of 100/10 but with a 30gb daily cap instead of 20 it would be much more sensible. It would still be a problem for those who want to download games but for almost everybody else 30 gb a day is fine for most, whereas 20 really is cutting it fine.

They don’t because they have to manage the limited bandwidth
    400 per mast is too many for purists who always want 30 Mb no matter what versus the majority who want something that actually works

They have emailed me as to whether I want a much faster speed which they hope to offer soon
    I presume they are on about a 5G service
    I said yes of course
    If ftth comes first I’ll be on it ,wouldn’t I be mad not to

Nothing to do with being a purist if they sold it for what it was people wouldn't have an issue but they are selling it with a guarantee of a certain speed. I believe they were really trying to get to 30mb per customer to meet lnock the need on the head for NBP.

I don't want higher speeds I'd prefer some stability and reliability in the service they have and for it to not drop into the low teens/below 10 mb during peak time.

I presume they are on about a 5G service
    I tried Vodafone speed, it goes about 100mbps, with a cap of 150G per month, it feels like you are putting Ferrari engine in a Micra.

• Advertisement

Marlow wrote: »
    They moved in on territories, that were widely covered by other Fixed Wireless ISPs .. who may have had lower speeds advertised, but were half the price. And that have a far more extended infrastructure in those areas.

Once people found out, that what they got in the end wasn't really that much faster than their old connection, sales died down.

And yes .. they will find it very difficult to compete with FTTH and NBP, because they don't deliver, what they advertise.

I mean .. advertising 70 Mbit/s, then telling customers 30 Mbit/s is ok and that's off peak and charging more than what FTTC or FTTH packages cost, with a lower cap than anyone else, that hits you every single day, ... if you're a high user ... what did they expect ?

/M
    Do they have cooling off period

Advertisement