Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Imagine LTE Rural Broadband

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Mickgt10

Thanks for reply. Yeah I'm sick complaining, eir is passing my door now starting with 120meg and they are cheaper 2! Only thing is I'm in contract with imagine till July and it would break my heart to give them 100e cancellation fee.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,017 ✭✭✭tsue921i8wljb3

Mickgt10 wrote: »
    Thanks for reply. Yeah I'm sick complaining, eir is passing my door now starting with 120meg and they are cheaper 2! Only thing is I'm in contract with imagine till July and it would break my heart to give them 100e cancellation fee.

eir should be able to pay the cancellation fee for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭George Sunsnow

They should not be installing under 40 Mb on crowded masts,that would mean less dissatisfied customers
    Or they should at least be upfront about when to expect slow downs and the probable evening speed a new customer might experience
    They do know about it
    We’re quite lucky on ours,still experiencing evening slow downs but with everything working unlike when we were on Vodafone’s buffertasticly crap up to 4Mb dsl
    Lately daytime speeds here have been very very fast
    The addition of the midnight to 7am unlimited slot is good as is a data counter at last

I’m also finding the new home phone on my mobile app pretty handy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

Might be worth seeing if eir would work with you on the cancellation of the other service. They might want customers in the area.

I'm only with imagine because I have no choice but when one comes, I'll be switching too. Especially to get away from the restrictive daily caps. Although they have been more lenient recently

Ha never tot on that. Well if I sign up they give me 50e cash back. So if I don't get anywer with imagine in the next few days, I'm gone

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,937 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

cancel Imagine and go with Eir/Digiweb. Moving from a wireless service to a 150/30 FTTH connection which is cheaper is a no brainer. As said above Eir should be able to pay the cancellation fee.

Gonzo wrote: »
    cancel Imagine and go with Eir/Digiweb. Moving from a wireless service to a 150/30 FTTH connection which is cheaper is a no brainer. As said above Eir should be able to pay the cancellation fee.

Yeah was on to sales rep for eir, so see what he comes back with. No point paying 59e a month for 6meg broadband, sure u might as well go back to o2 dongle 🙈

I've switched to FTTH so for an experiment I left the SamKnows box connected to the Imagine connection for three days. I turned off wifi on the router and the SK box was the only thing connected by cable. Here are the results:

435177.png

That’s acceptable Navi if you’ve no other choice
    There’s no comparison to a stable ftth connection *

* both me and delboy have had faster than 150 meg ftth at times on the same mast in recent weeks for some reason as if Imagine are testing something?

That’s acceptable Navi if you’ve no other choice
    There’s no comparison to a stable ftth connection *

* both me and delboy have had faster than 150 meg ftth at times on the same mast in recent weeks for some reason as if Imagine are testing something?

It was just curiosity really that made me do the test. I'm not gloating or knocking anyone with Imagine. I realise that it is many people's best option. I don't know what they are testing but hopefully it is successful and leads to improved speeds for everyone.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,937 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

I am not sure exactly how wireless networks like Imagine operate but if they are thinking of upping everyone's speed to max out at 200, then I presume there is going to be more bandwidth available to make that a reality?

If that was the case I don't see the point aiming for 200, when the up to 70 is far from stable for many customers and the daily cap too restrictive. How about fixing the contention problems, giving as many customer's as possible a relatively smooth 70 and upping the cap to 1tb per month similar to other networks.

What's the point of going for 200 if the daily cap remains the same and there are still customers getting less than 10 during peak hours. I've experienced both 70 FTTC and 300 FTTH, being honest there is very little difference between the speeds unless your downloading a game from steam or downloading huge files from ftp servers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

@Gonzo, completely agree!!! Advertising, Marketing and Spin objectives only methinks. Will make F-all difference to users as you said.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭TopTec

From a business point of view, if they do manage to increase their bandwidth, nothing will change apart from the mast carrying more customers, especially in the areas where contention is a real issue.

Contention for me on the Ballina mast is 15meg at peak from 75+ daytime, so I suspect the mast is under subscribed.

15 meg at peak is still 14meg faster than the Eir disaster, and that's when the line works!!

TT

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,751 ✭✭✭smokingman

Has anyone tried to reset their portal password?
    That reset password process of theirs just does not work.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Mr Velo

smokingman wrote: »

It would be fantastic to actually get access to the Portal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,751 ✭✭✭smokingman

Mr Velo wrote: »

I know the feeling.....

Yes I changed my password immediately on first log in
    But I had difficulty getting into the portal last night
    Got in on third attempt and successfully changed my WiFi names

Hey thanks for the heads up. Eir is paying for cancellation along with 50e cash back. So signed up yday. 150meg gettin installed on 14th.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭TireeTerror

Hey thanks for the heads up. Eir is paying for cancellation along with 50e cash back. So signed up yday. 150meg gettin installed on 14th.

How are Eir going about paying for it, are they going to credit your account Eir account?

What did you have to provide them as proof you are still in a contract?

They sometimes look for a copy of your most recent bill
    It does not need to state how long your contract is for
    If you’re dealing with a rep,they usually just credit it away to your first or 2nd Éir bill

• Advertisement

How are Eir going about paying for it, are they going to credit your account Eir account?

What did you have to provide them as proof you are still in a contract?

No proof. Just send them copy of final bill from imagine and they credit into account

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Mr Velo

Mr Velo wrote: »

I know the feeling.....
    And just like that.... i received an email with my login :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Zagato

Maybe a bit of a long shot, but perhaps someone knows a way to help.
    I am trying to ring an 1890 number while on a break in the UK. There is no normal number available, so thought I would use my Imagine account on Zoiper to dial it. 1890 numbers are listed on the call rates.
    Every time I try to dial it, a +353 keeps getting put in front of the number.
    I've never actually used my Imagine phone line before, don't know how much other temple do or what their experience of it is, particularly if they use Zoiper app

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

Zagato wrote: »
    Maybe a bit of a long shot, but perhaps someone knows a way to help.
    I am trying to ring an 1890 number while on a break in the UK. There is no normal number available, so thought I would use my Imagine account on Zoiper to dial it. 1890 numbers are listed on the call rates.
    Every time I try to dial it, a +353 keeps getting put in front of the number.
    I've never actually used my Imagine phone line before, don't know how much other temple do or what their experience of it is, particularly if they use Zoiper app
    Not sure how to fix that, but have you checked SayNoTo1890 - they might have a regular landline number.
    I know it doesn't specifically fix your issue, but it might be a workaround for you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Zagato

deadl0ck wrote: »
    Not sure how to fix that, but have you checked SayNoTo1890 - they might have a regular landline number.
    I know it doesn't specifically fix your issue, but it might be a workaround for you

Thanks, no it's not there. I managed to switch off number rewriting in the Zoiper app settings, still wouldn't dial and so tried a VPN connection to Irish server. I thought this was going to work but timed out before connection. I'll give it a try again tomorrow.

Can you call any Irish number on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Joeyineire

Has anyone noticed horrendous speeds in the evenings lately ? I know its peak usage time but my 3G is better !

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭Possedion

Joeyineire wrote: »
    Has anyone noticed horrendous speeds in the evenings lately ? I know its peak usage time but my 3G is better !
    Nothing new about imagine. Overload their basestations. Managed to get rid off them this month. Pity anyone who has to deal with them. Small minded Irish company that enjoy ripping people off. I hope fibre rollout finishes them. They can get away with it as they seem outside normal regulator.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Joeyineire

Amen to that I’m stuck with wireless until Eir deem my road sufficiently profitable to spend the money on which I think I’ll be waiting as I’m right in the middle of two fibre boxes and just too far away from both. You mentioned you got rid, was it to another wireless alternative ?

Possedion wrote: »
    Nothing new about imagine. Overload their basestations. Managed to get rid off them this month. Pity anyone who has to deal with them. Small minded Irish company that enjoy ripping people off. I hope fibre rollout finishes them. They can get away with it as they seem outside normal regulator.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭Possedion

Joeyineire wrote: »
    Amen to that I’m stuck with wireless until Eir deem my road sufficiently profitable to spend the money on which I think I’ll be waiting as I’m right in the middle of two fibre boxes and just too far away from both. You mentioned you got rid, was it to another wireless alternative ?

Possedion wrote: »
    I got lucky as EIR finally rolled out.

Advertisement