Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Imagine LTE Rural Broadband

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭rayfitzharris

smokingman wrote: »
    I'm getting rightly fed up of these *****.
    Can't connect at all tonight on the Athy mast.

Athy mast is fcuked, < 3 meg, and Speedtest keeps picking servers in France as the nearest. If that's where Rouen is?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,751 ✭✭✭smokingman

Athy mast is fcuked, < 3 meg, and Speedtest keeps picking servers in France as the nearest. If that's where Rouen is?

I'm thinking I might put a notice up in topaz to warn people away from imagine

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,937 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

I'm thinking I might put a notice up in topaz to warn people away from imagine

have you complained to Imagine and sent screenshots and data showing how bad the service is? It would probably help to have others on same mast to do the same. If Imagine put as much effort into fixing problems with their network instead of posting up daily Facebook videos of their fleet of vans on the road, they might actually get problems solved more often!.

Gonzo wrote: »
    have you complained to Imagine and sent screenshots and data showing how bad the service is? It would probably help to have others on same mast to do the same. If Imagine put as much effort into fixing problems with their network instead of posting up daily Facebook videos of their fleet of vans on the road, they might actually get problems solved more often!.
    I've done that more times than should be neccessary and have provided info that the poor ejits in their care team obviously haven't passed on to any engineers.
    I used to design data centers for a living and trust me, I know exactly what I'm talking about with regards how to solve problems in that regard.
    They've obviously got no proper monitoring on this because that costs money. Their communication from care to engineer is disfunctional and is no doubt, just by email that can be ignored by engineers that are on linkedin all day. Their management are either oblivious or ignoring the issues because they see money coming in and they know their entire company is close to being closed up due to their lack of investment and just want to make some dough before that happens.
    I've seen this before with telcos and that's why it's pretty obvious that complaining will achieve sweet f all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭rodge123

I've done that more times than should be neccessary and have provided info that the poor ejits in their care team obviously haven't passed on to any engineers.
    I used to design data centers for a living and trust me, I know exactly what I'm talking about with regards how to solve problems in that regard.
    They've obviously got no proper monitoring on this because that costs money. Their communication from care to engineer is disfunctional and is no doubt, just by email that can be ignored by engineers that are on linkedin all day. Their management are either oblivious or ignoring the issues because they see money coming in and they know their entire company is close to being closed up due to their lack of investment and just want to make some dough before that happens.
    I've seen this before with telcos and that's why it's pretty obvious that complaining will achieve sweet f all.

Email comreg and advertising standards association of Ireland with detailed proof of speeds and service problems.

I did and they certainly started giving me more attention, not that the service improved at peak hours as mast is clearly oversubscribed!

At least the more people that officially complain with proof, the more likely it is that they won’t worm some concession out of goverment to exclude their covered areas from NBP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Mr Velo

LTE Portal down completely now?

Mr Velo wrote: »
    LTE Portal down completely now?

Yep looks like it.

I’ve been getting unusually high speeds last few evenings in comparison to last year or so.

On the Cappagh mast, north kildare / Meath border.

Getting average 27Mb down vs 8Mb before.
    I wonder have they upgraded mast equipped or else number of people left as I think Eir were rolling out FTTH on a good few roads around the area (not for me though :( )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭George Sunsnow

Ftth probably
    Mines in the 50’s at the minute
    Normally don’t test as all working well but did just there now

Ftth probably
    Mines in the 50’s at the minute
    Normally don’t test as all working well but did just there now

I’m sure they’ll find a few new customers to oversubscribe the mast again over next while!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,058 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Mines 125mb right now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,298 ✭✭✭Ardent

rodge123 wrote: »
    I’ve been getting unusually high speeds last few evenings in comparison to last year or so.

On the Cappagh mast, north kildare / Meath border.

Getting average 27Mb down vs 8Mb before.
    I wonder have they upgraded mast equipped or else number of people left as I think Eir were rolling out FTTH on a good few roads around the area (not for me though :( )

Don't worry, they definitely haven't upgraded that mast. I'm on it also and it's utter dogshít in the evenings - I find sometimes I have to reboot the router if I'm downloading anything substantial.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

My last 7 days. Whatever maintenance they did on my mast is still going strong (lowest speed highlighted).

Uy6Vo1a.png

Same mast
    This is mine just now over 5G WiFi

d4d784eaf66b0ecc0a5b58afdde45b97.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,253 ✭✭✭✭km79

Same mast
    This is mine just now over 5G WiFi

d4d784eaf66b0ecc0a5b58afdde45b97.jpg

That's unreal
    Have your peak time settled down ?

I'm still delighted with mine anyway
    Hope it continues for another year or so !

km79 wrote: »
    That's unreal
    Have your peak time settled down ?

I'm still delighted with mine anyway
    Hope it continues for another year or so !

Yeah peak time now usually not below 30 which is very acceptable

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭morgana

I noticed that they removed usage monitor from the portal - it never worked properly, that's probably why.
    Anybody used the "free download" period between midnight and 7am recently without problems?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

Yes, I've used it recently to download a few games. No problems. AC Origins, Kingdom Come: Deliverance. They'd be the biggest ones. Not sure if either were over 50GB.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Mahony0509

I currently live in an area with copper cables meaning I cannot get over 1mbps. Thinking of transferring to Imagine as I’m apparently in their coverage area. I live in the Rochestown area of Cork, outside Douglas and quite rural in terms of services. Would you recommend Imagine vs Nova?

Anyone else having the snow bring the speeds down even further in the evening times?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,298 ✭✭✭Ardent

I see they have now blocked 1337x

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭NewWorldLeader

Ardent wrote: »
    I see they have now blocked 1337x
    both .io and .to working for me

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭SkepticQuark

If Naughten needs any proof that wireless is just not an option:

7099249595.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭DredFX

morgana wrote: »
    I noticed that they removed usage monitor from the portal - it never worked properly, that's probably why.

Absolutely ludicrous that they would do that. Usage monitoring was the main reason most of us wanted a portal in the first place.

Now we're back to the same crap: flipping a coin over whether downloading at midnight will send you back to the Dark Ages the next day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 238 ✭✭Falconire

xxyyzz wrote: »
    Eh, no. That's most definitely not what wisps do. Last one I was with I was lucky to get 500kbps in the evenings, their strategy for dealing with it was never answering the phone.

I beg to differ, Imagine contacted me saying that they now cover my area in co. Galway but since I have read and head so many complaints about their crap speeds and very poor customer service I decided to stick with my other wisps because I get a constant 20 Mbit/s all the time with not stupid daily cap which means I can download a game with out being trotted.

Also it is cheaper so win win for me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭vidapura

Falconire wrote: »
    I beg to differ, Imagine contacted me saying that they now cover my area in co. Galway but since I have read and head so many complaints about their crap speeds and very poor customer service I decided to stick with my other wisps because I get a constant 20 Mbit/s all the time with not stupid daily cap which means I can download a game with out being trotted.

Also it is cheaper so win win for me :)

Hiya,
    I'd appreciate knowing who that wisp is ???
    If you can't put it in the thread maybe you could send it to me via PM?
    Thanks

Was supposed to be installed Wednesday but cancelled due to the weather. Not entirely worried about all the complaints people have, only getting it before the NBP kicks into action. Anything over 5Mbps is good for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Fatal Except1on

Jesus I'm on the Athy mast and it is unusable the last 2 weeks.
    Lagfest, <3mbps speeds.

Lagfest, <3mbps speeds.

My speed with Sky at the moment is 0.8. If you think you have it bad :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭SkepticQuark

Lagfest, <3mbps speeds.

Lagfest on the Hollyford mast too but I'm putting that down to the weather given it's never been like this before.

Advertisement