Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Imagine LTE Rural Broadband

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Fatal Except1on

Mine was bad before the snow, but jesus its terrible now. Tried playing some Rocket League there - 600ms ping

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,751 ✭✭✭smokingman

Mine was bad before the snow, but jesus its terrible now. Tried playing some Rocket League there - 600ms ping

Ah crap, was looking forward to some of that on ps4 tonight...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

Falconire wrote: »
    I beg to differ, Imagine contacted me saying that they now cover my area in co. Galway but since I have read and head so many complaints about their crap speeds and very poor customer service I decided to stick with my other wisps because I get a constant 20 Mbit/s all the time with not stupid daily cap which means I can download a game with out being trotted.

Also it is cheaper so win win for me :)
    Count yourself lucky, the only options available around here apart from Imagine give <1Mbps during peak hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭SkepticQuark

Hollyford mast still gone to ****, under 7mbps down at the moment...

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Fatal Except1on

1.8mbps on Athy mast at 10pm tonight. Absolute disgrace.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭vidapura

Yahh at this stage I propose renaming them:

ImaginARY Broadband...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

Mine dropped to between 10 and 15 mbps on the Friday evening but has been pretty solid other than that, all things considered.

Back to normality on Hollyford mast.

7113352332.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭DredFX

Out of curiosity, has anyone ever been warned or threatened by Imagine in response to excessive daily cap usage? I'm asking because I remember this excerpt of their T&Cs, in particular the last line:
    LTE Broadband Package(s) have a monthly data usage allowance, with a daily usage limit. If you reach your
    daily limit your service will be restricted until midnight of the same day. At the beginning of the next day, your
    service and usage will be reset. We apply these limits to ensure quality of service and a fair and level playing
    field for all customers. It’s not the intention to restrict user’s enjoyment of the service including downloading
    games as may be required on an occasional basis. At imagines discretion, occasional usage above your
    daily limit and during the hours of 12am to 7am will be allowed. If we notice continual, disproportionate
    or abnormal download or upload usage patterns, we reserve the right, upon due notice to, terminate the
    provision of your LTE Service(s)

Asking because I'm using the usual tactic where you download your larger games in 11pm-12am increments, before the daily cap resets. Had to replace my hard drive recently and now have to re-download some games, but I'm worried that exceeding my cap two or three days in a row might have consequences. Does anyone have any experience on this front?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Pelvis

I wouldn't worry about it, it's normal T&Cs jargon, "we reserve the right the terminate your service blah blah blah.".

You can be safe in the knowledge that 99% of the people even working in Imagine have no clue what the T&Cs say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,751 ✭✭✭smokingman

Yet again...no connection on the Athy mast despite several equipment restarts...
    ****ing joke of a company

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,298 ✭✭✭Ardent

smokingman wrote: »
    Yet again...no connection on the Athy mast despite several equipment restarts...

I'm seeing similar issues intermittently on the Cappagh North Kildare mast. It is truly maddening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭George Sunsnow

smokingman wrote: »

Why are you still with them?

DredFX wrote: »
    Out of curiosity, has anyone ever been warned or threatened by Imagine in response to excessive daily cap usage? I'm asking because I remember this excerpt of their T&Cs, in particular the last line:

Asking because I'm using the usual tactic where you download your larger games in 11pm-12am increments, before the daily cap resets. Had to replace my hard drive recently and now have to re-download some games, but I'm worried that exceeding my cap two or three days in a row might have consequences. Does anyone have any experience on this front?

Had a lot of days recently of well in excess of 20GB (highest one day was about 80GB according to our router). Had no contact from Imagine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Why are you still with them?

They may be in contract and also have no other service available.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭anthony4335

I think I will given them the boot soon as my contract is up, the service was ok at first . got decent speeds compared to DSL, but over the last several months it has gone to crap, during the morning 20mbps would be happy with that but at the evening 2-8mpbs depending and sometime is useless as the ping times just go to hell. Tried getting them to look at it, by the time they rang I was not at home. Still waiting until I have time for them to log into the router while I am at home, because they do not allow you to access the router settings. To be honest I would not recommend the as a provider.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭rodge123

Im not imagines biggest fan but my god Eir don’t seem much better in terms of customer
    Support and general incompetence from my reading this article!

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/consumer/going-spare-at-eir-pricewatch-mailbag-fills-up-with-complaints-1.3418274?mode=amp

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 238 ✭✭Falconire

rodge123 wrote: »
    Im not imagines biggest fan but my god Eir don’t seem much better in terms of customer
    Support and general incompetence from my reading this article!

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/consumer/going-spare-at-eir-pricewatch-mailbag-fills-up-with-complaints-1.3418274?mode=amp

If you thing Eir are bad try Vodafone they are nearly as bad as Imagine

Couldn't connect to the web whatsoever last night and this morning on the Cappagh North Kildare mast, despite multiple router reboots.

Final straw. Complaint sent into Comreg.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭DredFX

Same. I'm in the Roscommon area and have had no internet since late last night. Received no notice about maintenance or downtime or anything.

• Advertisement

To add insult to injury, when these outages occur, the sh*tty router they provide prevents devices on your home network from seeing each other, e.g., NAS, media server, etc.

Ardent wrote: »
    Couldn't connect to the web whatsoever last night and this morning on the Cappagh North Kildare mast, despite multiple router reboots.

Final straw. Complaint sent into Comreg.

On Cappagh mast and also have same problem, was unsure if it was just me.

Just had a look at their Facebook page and seems to be a lot of people across the country reporting it been down since about 11pm last night.

If they even just communicated through their Twitter / fb and sent out a text to customers letting them know they are aware of a problem and are looking into it...very basic and fundamental customer service communication, nothing new here from them!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Mr Velo

Mine down as well since around 3am last night (Tonabrookey Mast in Galway). Android phone had wifi signal with exclamation mark through it this morning. Rebooted router but made absolutely no difference.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,253 ✭✭✭✭km79

Was patchy in East Galway this morning too but then went to work so not sure it's it's back fully
    Cappataggle mast

• Registered Users Posts: 2,154 ✭✭✭opinionated3

Lost internet from around midnight last night to around half eight this morning.(Ben dash mast in co Clare). Seems to be back properly now. If this was some sort of maintenance, surely they should let customers know in advance? A simple email would suffice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭TopTec

Same here in North Mayo, came back on around 9am.

TT

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Mr Velo

I called them and was informed that there was an issue but it was resolved at approx 8.30am this morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Mahony0509

Does anyone have an updated map of the mast locations in Cork? I'm in Rochestown and I'm fairly certain there's one either in Ballyorban or Garryduff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,351 ✭✭✭naughto

How long from when ye ordered to it being installed thinking of ordering soon

Advertisement