Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Imagine LTE Rural Broadband

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Got a call to the house today from Nova Broadband saying they have upgraded the mast and can now match Imagine with speed ... I looked at him and told him that wouldn’t be hard.

We still in contract with Imagine but I wonder are Imagine coming under pressure?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

posted in the NBP thread but also relevant here. Doubt it will mean improvements to service, only expansion to coverage

https://www.rte.ie/news/business/2018/0511/962730-imagine-investment/

• Registered Users Posts: 23 musefan123

deadl0ck wrote: »
    And have you also tried a different device ? Even your mobile ?
    Yep, I've tried it on 2 different PCs and an android TV box.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,936 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Scruff wrote: »
    posted in the NBP thread but also relevant here. Doubt it will mean improvements to service, only expansion to coverage

it will cover more rural areas and probably offer higher speeds during off peak hours when the service isn't strangled.

not much will change, there will always be a daily cap and the contention problems will not go away, so more of the same, but the higher speeds can be used for their marketing purposes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Scruff wrote: »

Hah
    The deal is subject to certain conditions including competition and regulatory approval and is expected to complete in the third quarter of this year.

Trial license all over again.

Every time you see "5G" think "HD Ready" - same crap picture with a new name.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭SkepticQuark

Another Sunday night and another ****ty day with "the future", "up to 70mbps" etc..

7326216324.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,222 ✭✭✭irishchris

roddy15 wrote: »
    Another Sunday night and another ****ty day with "the future", "up to 70mbps" etc..

7326216324.png
    Still can't believe they get away with charging €60 a month for this pathetic service and expect people to use it like this and just put up with it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,154 ✭✭✭opinionated3

Every evening without fail I get similar speeds as well. It's fine during the daytime but one we pass around seven o clock out drops big time. Certainly not worth 60 month that's for sure. I'm praying for the national broadband plan to come to fruition

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Ultimanemo

irishchris wrote: »
    Still can't believe they get away with charging €60 a month for this pathetic service and expect people to use it like this and just put up with it
    As said earlier, they have people over a barrel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

irishchris wrote: »
    It's all relative.
    I had Eir and it was 6Mbps + phone and it was 65 per month.
    Imagine is not great at times, but on the whole it's a hell of a lot better than what I had. Up until then I was really over a barrel with Eir.

• Advertisement

It's all relative.
    I had Eir and it was 6Mbps + phone and it was 65 per month.
    Imagine is not great at times, but on the whole it's a hell of a lot better than what I had. Up until then I was really over a barrel with Eir.
    I was with eir at 1.7mbps for € 65 a month.

I'm actually getting a more stable connection with my 4G from Three tethered.... Whatever has happened the last few days with Imagine on our mast has royally ****ed our connection.

Comparison:
    7329025400.png
    7329027699.png

It's still better than Eir granted but at €60 and advertised as "fibre speeds" they shouldn't be really allowed to freely offer services like this.

roddy15 wrote: »
    I'm actually getting a more stable connection with my 4G from Three tethered.... Whatever has happened the last few days with Imagine on our mast has royally ****ed our connection.

Comparison:
    7329025400.png
    7329027699.png

It's still better than Eir granted but at €60 and advertised as "fibre speeds" they shouldn't be really allowed to freely offer services like this.
    I will show you what three at peak times

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

All good here still. Chart shows average speed at a particular time of day over the past 30 days.
    https://i.imgur.com/ZYTOkwt.png
    ZYTOkwtl.png

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭vidapura

How'd you generate that chart?
    I'd like to try same for our mast.

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Mr Velo

Anyone know when are they bringing back the "usage" section on the LTEPortal ?

vidapura wrote: »
    How'd you generate that chart?
    I'd like to try same for our mast.

Thanks
    It's a SamKnows box I believe.

Ultimanemo wrote: »
    I will show you what three at peak times
    7334505606.png

7334935042.png

I'm going to blame the referendum now for how **** this is tonight all of a sudden. This is actually now at the point where the stable service of DSL is appealing.....

7340600031.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,920 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

Set up a Twitter and Facebook page called Imagine Fraudband and keep tagging them in your posts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭ussjtrunks

For those that have the option Nova seems to be quite stable, had it for a few years now and on the 20mb package it goes to around 10-12mb at peak times, if they are using the same tech why does Nova not seem to suffer congestion as badly or does imagine just have more subs?

Speedtest from a few mins ago
    7344820135.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,351 ✭✭✭naughto

ussjtrunks wrote: »
    For those that have the option Nova seems to be quite stable, had it for a few years now and on the 20mb package it goes to around 10-12mb at peak times, if they are using the same tech why does Nova not seem to suffer congestion as badly or does imagine just have more subs?

Speedtest from a few mins ago
    7344820135.png

Not as many customers as amagine would be my guess

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Weses

I'm getting 5mbps tonight, my router still shuts off and they still won't give me a new one unless I try using another PC for a few days. I unplugged all ethernet, used a wifi adapter instead and it still shuts off every night. That confirms that it has nothing to do with my PC ethernet. Yet they're still asking me to use another device. I don't know anybody nearby with a gaming PC like mine and I'm not using my friends PS4 which doesn't even have PS Plus to test the online. I'm certain the router is overheating or something. What can a man do at this point?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

Weses wrote: »
    I'm getting 5mbps tonight, my router still shuts off and they still won't give me a new one unless I try using another PC for a few days. I unplugged all ethernet, used a wifi adapter instead and it still shuts off every night. That confirms that it has nothing to do with my PC ethernet. Yet they're still asking me to use another device. I don't know anybody nearby with a gaming PC like mine and I'm not using my friends PS4 which doesn't even have PS Plus to test the online. I'm certain the router is overheating or something. What can a man do at this point?

Lie...

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Thar_Cian

Would anyone happen to have the login details for the Gemtek WVRTM-127ACN router? I've been searching through this thread and it seems some people might have had them at one point. If not, does anyone have experience with contacting Imagine to make changes to the router (such as disabling Wi-Fi)?

Thar_Cian wrote: »
    Would anyone happen to have the login details for the Gemtek WVRTM-127ACN router? I've been searching through this thread and it seems some people might have had them at one point. If not, does anyone have experience with contacting Imagine to make changes to the router (such as disabling Wi-Fi)?

Well I've got them to set up port forwarding by sending an email to portforwarding@imagine.ie so I reckon they could disable the WiFi also.

You could also ring them and get them to do it over the phone

So...... if a router is sitting in your house, and it's got a username and password for accessing it, is that username and password part of your data / data about you ? I think it falls under data about you..
    So in theory, under GDPR, can we now request the username / password for our imagine routers ?
    Just wondering.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,017 ✭✭✭tsue921i8wljb3

If anyone wants the login details for the Gemtek WVRTM-127ACN PM me. I won't post them in the thread as Imagine may change them if they found out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭alec76

So...... if a router is sitting in your house, and it's got a username and password for accessing it, is that username and password part of your data / data about you ? I think it falls under data about you..
    So in theory, under GDPR, can we now request the username / password for our imagine routers ?
    Just wondering.....

Er.. user &pass for the router are not customer specific, they are default for all routers of the same model.
    But what personal, it is your VOIP username &pass . The thing is ,if you have the access to router , then you will be capable to retrieve VOIP pass and this might be some threat for security.

• Advertisement

alec76 wrote: »
    Er.. user &pass for the router are not customer specific, they are default for all routers of the same model.
    Really ?
    If so then that's different.
    If it's specific per user then it's part of the user's data...

Advertisement