Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Imagine LTE Rural Broadband

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,057 ✭✭✭✭listermint

deadl0ck wrote: »
    Really ?
    If so then that's different.
    If it's specific per user then it's part of the user's data...

It's not specific

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

alec76 wrote: »
    Er.. user &pass for the router are not customer specific, they are default for all routers of the same model.
    But what personal, it is your VOIP username &pass . The thing is ,if you have the access to router , then you will be capable to retrieve VOIP pass and this might be some threat for security.
    deadl0ck wrote: »
    Really ?
    If so then that's different.
    If it's specific per user then it's part of the user's data...
    listermint wrote: »
    It's not specific

To clarify this here:

The router User is the same for all. The router password is set in the factory, different for all.

95% of PPPoE users dial with the same credentials(eircom@eircom.net, broadband1). Your CSI identifies you.

IPoE users are identified by their port locally. No creds.

The idea of GDPR is not to request passwords, any good company cannot tell you a password you set.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

ED E wrote: »
    95% of PPPoE users dial with the same credentials(eircom@eircom.net, broadband1). Your CSI identifies you.

You won't get far with that on Imagine ;)

/M

I read Er as Eir.

Stupid feckin name for a company...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

I read Er as Eir.

Stupid feckin name for a company...

Its not the first time their "Marketing" creates nothing but confusion.

Like when they sell their broadband as "wireless broadband".

Err would be more correct.

Either way, Imagine is a different kettle of fish, with equally bad marketing

/M

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

To clarify this here:

The router User is the same for all. The router password is set in the factory, different for all.

The idea of GDPR is not to request passwords, any good company cannot tell you a password you set.
    I know what GDPR is, I think you're missing the point I'm trying to make.
    We do not set the password - we were never given it.
    We want the password to try and set up our own network internally, or to do our own port forwarding.
    I'm wondering if the password is specific to each user because if it is it could arguably be considered our data, which we could then request under GDPR.
    It seems, however, that it's not specific per user.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

Anyone else have their broadband go down?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Wing126 wrote: »
    Anyone else have their broadband go down?

Bweeng seems to be down this morning..

Aye, got a text telling me it was down at 5pm today... Followed by my bill. How lovely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 680 ✭✭✭Happy_Harry

Wing126 wrote: »
    Aye, got a text telling me it was down at 5pm today... Followed by my bill. How lovely.

Jamestown mast in Meath ?

Yes, down since Wednesday, just called them and no outlook, they haven't got a clue what is the problem and they are "monitoring" the situation..

I have been pretty happy with the service, but it being down 3 days is simply not acceptable..

• Advertisement

Jamestown mast in Meath ?

Yes, down since Wednesday, just called them and no outlook, they haven't got a clue what is the problem and they are "monitoring" the situation..

I have been pretty happy with the service, but it being down 3 days is simply not acceptable..

No, the mast out past Collon in Louth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭leex

Anybody connected to Tonabrucky, Galway have no connection since the lightning today?

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭NewWorldLeader

Anybody having problems between 7 and 9pm off Maghera mast?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 680 ✭✭✭Happy_Harry

Jamestown Mast in Meath was finally solved yesterday morning, but seems quite a few problems around this week..

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Fatal Except1on

Anyone on Athy mast getting weird connection blips for a few seconds between 8pm and 12 midnight?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭leex

leex wrote: »
    Anybody connected to Tonabrucky, Galway have no connection since the lightning today?

Waiting for a call back from level 2 support since Saturday. Support seems to be on annual leave.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭RamblingRuairi

irishfeen wrote: »
    Bweeng seems to be down this morning..

Howdy - has your internet come back at all? I've been getting crap speeds for the last couple of days and had Imagine out today and they're telling me I've lost direct line of sight and can't do anything for me - 30 days notice cancellation job. Gutted

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,751 ✭✭✭smokingman

Anyone on Athy mast getting weird connection blips for a few seconds between 8pm and 12 midnight?

Yes, about 3 complete disconnects per night at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭rayfitzharris

smokingman wrote: »
    Yes, about 3 complete disconnects per night at this stage.

Yeah, that and I'm lucky if I can get above 3mb after 6pm. It's a joke of a service, but sadly the only one available.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Zagato

Anyone manage to use Voice over WiFi through Imagine. Thinking of switching mobile to Eir for this as signal rubbish in house, but hear you need fixed broadband.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

Zagato wrote: »
    Anyone manage to use Voice over WiFi through Imagine. Thinking of switching mobile to Eir for this as signal rubbish in house, but hear you need fixed broadband.
    I use a Vodafone Sure Signal with my imagine and it works fine (not the same thing, but similar)

Zagato wrote: »

On most/all sites latency is low enough that you'd be fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

Got this email the other day;
    Important Notice

Firstly, we would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your custom, which is extremely important to us. This note contains information relating to some important testing we are planning to carry out on our broadband network that may impact the services we provide to you.

Imagine are committed to continually ensuring that our broadband network in Regional Ireland offers our customers the best possible service and experience and that modern high-speed broadband continues to be available outside of the major urban centres in Ireland. To this end, periodically we evaluate significant technology upgrades to our network that we believe will bring improved capacity, speed and service to you, our customers, and to ensure that these upgrades perform as expected we need to fully test these prior to wide-scale deployment.

I am happy to inform you that we have a major upgrade planned in your area in the coming weeks. During this upgrade and the testing process you may notice that at times you receive significantly faster service on our network and at other times you may see some degradation or interruption to the service as we test all of the components of the upgrade. Naturally, we will do everything we can to minimise any negative impact on you and, where we can, we will do our testing outside of the hours when the network is most in demand. We will keep you updated by SMS throughout the testing process.

While your service may not be negatively impacted at all, If you do notice a change in your service that doesn't improve following our planned outages, you can call our dedicated Network Upgrade Team on 1890 929 033 or 01 437 00 20.

We apologise for any inconvenience that you might be caused during this period and we thank you for your patience and understanding which will assist us in making your network even better and will help us in ensuring that Regional Ireland continues to get the best possible broadband service - now and in the future.

Not sure what upgrade work they could possibly be undertaking. Speeds have been great and, since my area is fully covered by Eir FTTH, I doubt they have very many customers left in the area so I don't know why it would be a priority to do upgrades.

The skeptic in me thinks that the 'upgrades' will turn my service to shít!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,017 ✭✭✭tsue921i8wljb3

d31b0y wrote: »

Not sure what upgrade work they could possibly be undertaking. Speeds have been great and, since my area is fully covered by Eir FTTH, I doubt they have very many customers left in the area so I don't know why it would be a priority to do upgrades.

The skeptic in me thinks that the 'upgrades' will turn my service to sh

It might be something to do with this Silicon Republic article. Although from your SamKnows posts you're already on the "150Mb" service. The article mentions a 300Mb plan so maybe it has something to do with that.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,936 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

d31b0y wrote: »

The skeptic in me thinks that the 'upgrades' will turn my service to sh

If your area is fully available for FTTH, why are you still using Imagine and paying an extra 5 euros per month for a wireless service?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

It's the extra €2/3 k for ancillary works that are holding me back at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭rodge123

Anyone having issues connecting to Cappagh mast in north kildare this morning?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,371 ✭✭✭Melodeon

rodge123 wrote: »
    Anyone having issues connecting to Cappagh mast in north kildare this morning?

Cappard in Laois appears to be unavailable this morning too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭rodge123

Melodeon wrote: »
    Cappard in Laois appears to be unavailable this morning too.

And their support number is just ringing out as busy.
    Wouldn’t expect any better from the useless shower of so and so’s!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 946 ✭✭✭XDA

Same on the Ardagh mast in Longford, looks like their DNS service is borked - i changed my DNS servers in ip properties to the google dns servers 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 and all working fine after that.

Advertisement