Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Imagine LTE Rural Broadband

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,482 ✭✭✭bennyineire

rodge123 wrote: »
    Same situation on Cappagh mast north kildare, very poor speeds last few months but I’m wary of complaining Incase they just cancel my contract in which case I’ll be in a worse situation than the current 6mb evening speeds!

With a bit of luck the nbp gets signed off in next few weeks and we can all look forward to giving imagine the two fingers when ftth delivers to majority of homes!

I know I’ll get great satification giving them the two fingers and can promise I’ll never return to them again for any future service they may offer.

I think everybody should complain TBH, otherwise how are they going to change.

Myself and my neighbor are lodging complaints with with comreg today, I suggest everybody else does too. You can lodge the complaint here

https://www.comreg.ie/queries-complaints/internet/how-to-make-a-complaint/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,056 ✭✭✭✭listermint

There has been a serious deterioration in the peak time speeds of our broadband.

This is not just affecting me but also my neighbors who also have your service.

This has been particular acute in the last couple of weeks.

During the day and late at night speeds are around 50mb download but between the hours of 6pm and 9pm speeds are dropping below 2mb.

This is purely down to contention, I have been monitoring this at both day times and evening times and the speed differences are consistent.

This service is unusable in the evening at the moment, disgraceful services.

(Service from Ridge of Capard in Laois)

You know this isnt a company thread, its just people on the internet discussing the services.

So saying 'Your' service would not prompt someone from Imagine coming in with a response.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,482 ✭✭✭bennyineire

listermint wrote: »
    You know this isnt a company thread, its just people on the internet discussing the services.

So saying 'Your' service would not prompt someone from Imagine coming in with a response.

Sorry my bad, mistake on my part, it was a copy and paste job from the email I sent to Imagine.

Yep I know how boards.ie work, been a member since 2010 ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭rodge123

I think everybody should complain TBH, otherwise how are they going to change.

Myself and my neighbor are lodging complaints with with comreg today, I suggest everybody else does too. You can lodge the complaint here

https://www.comreg.ie/queries-complaints/internet/how-to-make-a-complaint/

I already lodged a complaint to comreg over a year ago about them, they got onto me eventually and service improved for a short while...then back to usual rubbish. Comreg are toothless anyway.

Also lodged a complaint with advertising standard authority of Ireland, they were a toothless bunch too.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Braken

I have been using a broadband wireless company called Rural-wi-fi since last January
    and have found them excellent

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Ultimanemo

Braken wrote: »
    I have been using a broadband wireless company called Rural-wi-fi since last January
    and have found them excellent
    What is the cap limit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,920 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

Don’t they use the Three network? and if it works well in your area you’d be better off buying a huawei 4G router and using the prepaid €20 all you can eat data plan.

Ultimanemo wrote: »
    What is the cap limit
    they have different price plans
    I have unlimited for €67 a month for 12 months
    it's cheaper for an 18 month contract

I've unlimited for 20 per month with 3.

You get the same for €20 / 28 days pay as you go with Three.
    They use Three network with this plan, same speed same contention same everything

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭koppy

My best speed is 10 ish at best..between 1 and 2 at evening time. Rang them and they said they updated the router firmware. No change though.

Ultimanemo wrote: »
    You get the same for €20 / 28 days pay as you go with Three.
    They use Three network with this plan, same speed same contention same everything

must check that out...

must check that out...
    Buy € 20 PAYG Three sim card and put it in Rural wifi router it should work. if it doesn't, then you have to buy Huawei 525 or similar, or when your contract is over get Three €30 per month 750G.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭Psygnosis

Can any one here get to www.aib.ie this morning.
    I cannot resolve it called imagine support and they said issue is not on there side.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,371 ✭✭✭Melodeon

I'm on Imagine and can't see that site.

https://downforeveryoneorjustme.com/aib.ie says it's up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

It's a problem with AIB, but only seems to affect few providers, like Imagine. I heard, it's been fixed now.

/M

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭Psygnosis

Yup all working now what an odd issue to have.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

Psygnosis wrote: »
    Yup all working now what an odd issue to have.

That's because AIB pays peanuts for their outsourced IT staff and gets monkeys as a result :)

/M

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

Marlow wrote: »
    That's because AIB pays peanuts for their outsourced IT staff and gets monkeys as a result :)

/M

I have to say I've found their site and app very reliable in comparison to my wifes interactions with her UB and BOI accounts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 238 ✭✭Falconire

I have to say I've found their site and app very reliable in comparison to my wifes interactions with her UB and BOI accounts.

I also have found AIB service to be very good including the app.

• Advertisement

Falconire wrote: »
    I also have found AIB service to be very good including the app.

Any site that requires you to carry around a little plastic device to add payees to it is ****e in my book. Right out of ten years ago. Crap investment terrible user experience.

Speeds have improved at peak hours on Cappagh, north kildare mast over the last week or so.
    I’m suspicious and paranoid that it happened just a week before the nbp winner is to be announced!

Gone from average 6Mb down and 1Mb up to low teens down and two up.

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭SkepticQuark

I'm really hoping the NBP actually gets announced properly soon... Had a run where speeds picked up but last few days and getting sub 8mbps, even right now at 10PM.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 238 ✭✭Falconire

rodge123 wrote: »
    Speeds have improved at peak hours on Cappagh, north kildare mast over the last week or so.
    I’m suspicious and paranoid that it happened just a week before the nbp winner is to be announced!

Gone from average 6Mb down and 1Mb up to low teens down and two up.

Could it because they are loosing customer and then the load on the mast is easing ?

Falconire wrote: »
    Could it because they are loosing customer and then the load on the mast is easing ?

Yes it possible as ftth is available in few areas now, I’m sure they will fill the mast right back up again in no time!

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Fatal Except1on

Having a battle with Imagine the last week or so. Latency in the evenings show spikes ever 20 seconds or so in the 100s of ms.
    Imagine say there isn't a problem, despite me sending them all the proof they needed.

Of course, nobody is actually working at peak times in the evening/night, so the next day they test and email me and say 'Oh, everything looks great, no problem'

ARGGGGHH.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Fatal Except1on

Is anyone here on the Athy (Tegral Tower) mast?

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭koppy

On that mast...was told today that they are withdrawing the service from me.
    Service was poor and very inconsistent. Engineers came out to check it out. Unable to resolve. They gave me 31 days notice today of withdrawing their services.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭lfc2000

My advice is to everyone looking to get imagine in. Don't. Not only have speeds dropped by half after a couple of months I lost signal due to a power outage. I rang to arrange repair and was told my antenna is broken, when they finally arrived the only changed a cable adaptor. 1 hour later it was down again. I rang this time angry and was promised the repair guys be with me on the Saturday. After 2 calls on Saturday to be told by liars that the still calling the 3rd person informed me no repairmen work on Saturday and it will be Monday. So now I'm over 2 weeks without the service. Stay away as there is to much bullish..t with them. Wimax was the same. Started off great only for greed to set in. Don't care about service only about numbers.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,936 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

The Athy mast has had frequent problems for along time now, there has been a fair few complaints here over the years from Imagine customers on the Athy mast.

Imagine's service is generally very hit and miss. Here we mostly read the bad reports and there is plenty of them, however some people get lucky and are on a good mast with low contention or good sector.

Advertisement