Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Imagine LTE Rural Broadband

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Goreme

Is the 5G equipment Imagine is using the contentious Huawei equipment banned in the US, NZ and Austrailia?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

deadl0ck wrote: »
    How do you know what the upgrade areas are ?
    I filled in my details under "Check Availability" on their website which they have updated to proclaim the rollout of 5G.
    BYW - I don't think they are really enforcing the limit any more. My XBox One decided to do a load of upgrades recently and the usage for the day for my house was 46GB and there was no email / throttling......

Yeah there has been anecdotal evidence on this and/or not enforcing between 12am-7am but would be nice to see it in writing. Can see the new T&Cs at all on the updated website so not trusting it 1TB/month yet...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭rodge123

Scruff wrote: »
    I filled in my details under "Check Availability" on their website which they have updated to proclaim the rollout of 5G.

Yeah there has been anecdotal evidence on this and/or not enforcing between 12am-7am but would be nice to see it in writing. Can see the new T&Cs at all on the updated website so not trusting it 1TB/month yet...

https://www.imagine.ie/downloads/imagine-acceptable_use_policy.pdf

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

rodge123 wrote: »

Didn't realise that had been updated - it's there on that doc:
    Fair Usage Policy – Broadband
    The fair usage limit for data usage on the Broadband Service in any one month is 1TB. This limit is not
    to be exceeded. If you exceed the fair usage limit, we will notify you by phone, text or email to advise
    you that you have exceeded the fair usage limit and request that you modify your usage behaviour.
    If you subsequently exceed the fair usage limit Imagine reserves the right to suspend or terminate
    your Service(s).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,019 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

deadl0ck wrote: »
    Didn't realise that had been updated - it's there on that doc:
    Fair Usage Policy – Broadband
    The fair usage limit for data usage on the Broadband Service in any one month is 1TB. This limit is not to be exceeded. If you exceed the fair usage limit, we will notify you by phone, text or email to advise you that you have exceeded the fair usage limit and request that you modify your usage behaviour.
    If you subsequently exceed the fair usage limit Imagine reserves the right to suspend or terminate your Service(s).

If they terminate the contract do all payments stop then?

If so it might be a means of cancelling the contract ....... :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

If they terminate the contract do all payments stop then?

If so it might be a means of cancelling the contract ....... :D

Previously you could cancel at any time for a fee of 100 EUro, but not sure if that has changed....

rodge123 wrote: »

This is the most interesting section. They must be enforcing this at peak times already as they say there is/will be no issue with contention :rolleyes:
    Excessive Use
    The Network is designed to deliver a rich, superfast, low latency broadband experience to both home and small business Customers. It is both our intention and priority to ensure that all Customers on our network receive a fair and consistent uninterrupted experience whilst accessing the internet. We encourage the use of the service for all everyday activities such as gaming, streaming, catch-up, video chat, multi-screen and multi-device browsing and many other internet related activities.

We also recognise that there are a limited number of customers that will attempt to disproportionately use the service which in turn may have an adverse effect on the majority of Customers. To ensure that all Customers on our network receive a fair and consistent uninterrupted experience whilst accessing the internet, imagine reserves the right to apply restrictions on any Customer whose behaviour is deemed to be affecting the overall user experience of other Customers on the network. Such behaviour includes, but is not limited to, instances of running excessive concurrent internet sessions or regularly accessing excessive bandwidth intensive Peer-to-Peer applications, video streams, website hosting and large file downloads. Customer’s whom we deem to disproportionately use the service will be deprioritised which may reduce the download speed achievable at peak times.***
    This reduced priority does not limit the usage of the service or restrict the amount of data that can be consumed over time but is necessary to ensure fair and balanced access to network resources amongst all Customers and to ensure that excessive use of the service by certain Customers does not disproportionately impact the service available to others. If we notice continual, disproportionate
    or abnormal download or upload usage patterns we reserve the right to terminate the provision of your Service(s).

*** my bolding

Scruff wrote: »
    This is the most interesting section. They must be enforcing this at peak times already as they say there is/will be no issue with contention :rolleyes:

*** my bolding

It is more than 'interesting' IMO.

It is a bald statement that they will traffic shape as they see fit.

Anyone agreeing to that would have to be very desperate, or only need the service during off peak hours ..... maybe someone working from home; or someone on evening/night shift work etc..

In mixed commercial & residential areas, such as towns and cities, there should be no problem, as the usage would change from one to the other according to the normal working hours.

In mostly residential areas the majority use is packed into a few hours (maybe 6) in the evening, and peak backhaul is needed only then.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

I really wish comreg would look into advertised 'up to' speeds, like they have in the UK. It's completely ludicrous offering '150mb' to the masses when many people at peak times struggle to 3mb.

It is more than 'interesting' IMO.

It is a bald statement that they will traffic shape as they see fit.

More than likely claim they will use it to dismiss claims of contention during peak times and just claim its their excessive usage policy kicking in to ensure "fair" access and not to do with any mathematically proven limits of contention.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭rodge123

I really wish comreg would look into advertised 'up to' speeds, like they have in the UK. It's completely ludicrous offering '150mb' to the masses when many people at peak times struggle to 3mb.

I asked ASAI about this before and they said they have no plans to do anything....they're utterly incompetent if they can't even do something as logical as this!

ASAI response to me:
    "We have also reviewed the article in regards to ASA and their proposed actions, however, ASAI has currently no plans to adopt the same policy. "

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Imagines CEO trying to mislead PAC. Any balaclava wearers available to do him in? :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,017 ✭✭✭tsue921i8wljb3

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Leonidas BL

Well after waiting for years, the Imagine engineer arrived today. Was left very disappointed.
    Even though we have clear line of sight of the area the mast is in, he couldn't get a proper signal.
    My friend who is further away and is surrounded by trees got hers installed yesterday no problem.
    Fcuk My Life.............................

So after this fiasco last week, Imagine rang me and said that the "high site" was actually down on that particular day. So they came out yesterday and checked again and picked up a signal no problem. Today this is my speed :D

8040567857.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,298 ✭✭✭Ardent

So after this fiasco last week, Imagine rang me and said that the "high site" was actually down on that particular day. So they came out yesterday and checked again and picked up a signal no problem. Today this is my speed :D

8040567857.png

Wow, that is farcical. I remember how pissed off you were.

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Ultimanemo

8040567857.png

Today

8040799491.png
    Never happened in the evening

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

ED E wrote: »
    Imagines CEO trying to mislead PAC.

He also very very very adamantly avoided the contention questions .. more than once, when directly asked.

/M

Ardent wrote: »
    Wow, that is farcical. I remember how pissed off you were.

Im just happy now that I have it. At least they had the cop on to come back to us. The supervisor was adamant that they couldn't retest.

This is what im getting at at night.

8040965006.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,017 ✭✭✭tsue921i8wljb3

Im just happy now that I have it. At least they had the cop on to come back to us. The supervisor was adamant that they couldn't retest.

This is what im getting at at night.

8040965006.png

I hope it lasts for you but I don't think it will.

Wait until the honeymoon period is over :)

/M

• Advertisement

I hope it lasts for you but I don't think it will.

Indeed we're one of the first in the area. But they are only taking 400.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,252 ✭✭✭✭km79

Marlow wrote: »
    Wait until the honeymoon period is over :)

/M
    Over 2 years in
    Still brilliant
    We are moving soon and likely to an area which will mean going with Airwire or 3 dongle
    A depressing prospect
    I’d 100% be going without sky otherwise so it pays for itself .........saved a packet on Xbox games too being able to buy downloadable ones when they are on sale .
    Was actually getting them for free every couple of months with Theee credit converted to hmv gamecredit until that was stopped

I’m one of the lucky ones . Very lucky in fact as I had cancelled original install due to the delay...........
    I don’t even bother checking speeds anymore .
    I’ll miss it :(

Back to normal
    Speed measured with direct cable connection and no Internet activity
    8041052361.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 680 ✭✭✭Happy_Harry

Just FYI- Jamestown mast in Meath is down, or at least so did tech support tell me when I called them as my connection is completely dead.

Update -back up now, not great but ok

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Fatal Except1on

Ha

The 400 is the problem. Most other fixed wireless operators with similar tech would only service 160-200 from such a site on the same type of infrastructure.

You're already in bother there.

/M

The 400 is the problem. Most other fixed wireless operators with similar tech would only service 160-200 from such a site on the same type of infrastructure.

/M

and that is if they even limit it to 400!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

They called me today and said limit was 150 for mast in Baltinglass that will go live in July

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Huntline

For people who got connected to new masts how long did it take once the mast went live for them to connect you? I signed up 7weeks ago and mast went live a fortnight ago but Imagine say they can't give me a time frame.

• Advertisement

/M
    So why if you ring Airwire or Lightnet in Galway they never say their site is full, but if you ring Imagine they say their site is full ?.
    Do Airwire and Lightnet have many more sites or what ?.

Advertisement