Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Imagine LTE Rural Broadband

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭user1842

user1842 wrote: »
    The house is the opposite side of the town, Killala road area, about 4-5km away from the mast, no line of sight at all. Off peak speeds have always been around 25Mb absolute max. Peak speeds from 3 to 5Mb.

Now off peak speeds are 45Mb. It will be interesting what they get this evening.

Speed back to normal at peak = rubbish

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,920 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

Ballina Co Mayo is comprehensively covered by a number of broadband providers. Any improvement at of speed at peak times is most likely due to customers moving to other providers. The space will be sold on to the next sucker

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭TopTec

Ballina Co Mayo is comprehensively covered by a number of broadband providers. sucker

True for the town and immediate environs but the further out you go there are less options. In my case,11k from Ballina, it is Imagine or Eir. I can't get mobile BB. I used to be with Eir via a wireless link through the local village Eir station. My top speed was an intermittent 1.46meg.

Interestingly, when I joined Imagine 18 months ago the advertising boards locally claimed 'up to 70mbps' was available. New ones which went up recently claim 'Up to 45mbps'.

TT

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

TopTec wrote: »
    True for the town and immediate environs but the further out you go there are less options. In my case,11k from Ballina, it is Imagine or Eir. I can't get mobile BB. I used to be with Eir via a wireless link through the local village Eir station.

No coverage by Westnet ?

/M

Very sketchy in my area.... around 4 meg.

TT

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Ultimanemo

Kilree wrote: »
    Is that Imagine LTE? :(
    Yes

Some people can't get anything else. I get the same download speeds and much, much worse upload speeds from DSL.
    True
    My only other option is 3 3G, same or worse

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Fatal Except1on

Something bizarre last two nights for me on Athy mast - my gaming pings for the last two year have always been 64ms minimum and usually 80ms on average (EU servers) - but last two nights my pings have been in the 30s consistently, which I've never experienced before. And my peak speeds are in the teens now.

Were Imagine doing some jiggery-pokery stuff with their masts?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭rodge123

Something bizarre last two nights for me on Athy mast - my gaming pings for the last two year have always been 64ms minimum and usually 80ms on average (EU servers) - but last two nights my pings have been in the 30s consistently, which I've never experienced before. And my peak speeds are in the teens now.

Were Imagine doing some jiggery-pokery stuff with their masts?

Yeah they’ve upgraded their masts to 8G and you can actually teleport to Sean bolgers house with it to thank him for providing the best service in the world.

But seriously, dunno. Maybe a few customers have dropped off mast

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Fatal Except1on

rodge123 wrote: »
    Yeah they’ve upgraded their masts to 8G and you can actually teleport to Sean bolgers house with it to thank him for providing the best service in the world.

But seriously, dunno. Maybe a few customers have dropped off mast

:D:P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Its possible it was being fed point to point from another mast previously and now is direct to glass. That'd help. Just a guess.

Good today in Tonabrocky

8077668378.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,036 ✭✭✭BArra

It's like a game rolling the dice each night on most wireless operators

I wish nova broadband would upgrade backhaul, evenings are always brutal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

TopTec wrote: »
    Interestingly, when I joined Imagine 18 months ago the advertising boards locally claimed 'up to 70mbps' was available. New ones which went up recently claim 'Up to 45mbps'.

TT
    Really? Have any pics? wonder if the same will happen a few months after the Up to 150mb posters that are going to pop up all over the place

Scruff wrote: »
    Really? Have any pics?

I haven't but I will get one the next time I pass it on the way to town.

TT

• Registered Users Posts: 13 fishermantolka

chanchers

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Ninjakettle

I used to be able to log onto the CPE, but the password seems to have changed -anyone know to what?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 866 ✭✭✭SgtBob

Anyone on the Maynooth mast? I am just looking to find out what speeds are like on there at peak times. Imagine is literally my only option for anything faster than my current 7Mb.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭cyberspi

Today I was very excited to get a call to say a new site was opening soon (charliville co. Cork 17km away) and I could get up to 150mb broadband, reading this board I'm not so excited any more! Currently I get 3-3.5mb unlimited with sky wired broadband but pretty much non existant uploads, I will be paying 15 euro a month more for imagine... anyone have experience being that far away from the site? Hoping it will at least be better than what I have! We are heavy users as well as having sky q multiroom so need the unlimited and cant find any other options in the area... what's putting me off is the 2 yr contract

At 17km away you're out of luck anyway ... 10-12 km is the max they can cover. .... if even that.

/M

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭9726_9726

cyberspi wrote: »
    Today I was very excited to get a call to say a new site was opening soon (charliville co. Cork 17km away) and I could get up to 150mb broadband, reading this board I'm not so excited any more! Currently I get 3-3.5mb unlimited with sky wired broadband but pretty much non existant uploads, I will be paying 15 euro a month more for imagine... anyone have experience being that far away from the site? Hoping it will at least be better than what I have! We are heavy users as well as having sky q multiroom so need the unlimited and cant find any other options in the area... what's putting me off is the 2 yr contract

3.5Mbps sounds about the same as many Imagine users' peak time speeds, but you will get more outside 6pm-midnight for sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

9726_9726 wrote: »
    3.5Mbps sounds about the same as many Imagine users' peak time speeds, but you will get more outside 6pm-midnight for sure.

He'll also get way more upload
    But you'd get that on your phone anyway

Marlow wrote: »
    At 17km away you're out of luck anyway ... 10-12 km is the max they can cover. .... if even that.

/M

Really? They contacted me because I was in range,said it covers up to 30km!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,017 ✭✭✭tsue921i8wljb3

cyberspi wrote: »
    Really? They contacted me because I was in range,said it covers up to 30km!

Poster here at 14.6km and another at 17km

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=102036776&postcount=3771
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=101490002&postcount=2637

It will depend on what the signal levels are like at your premises.

Oh it very much will depend on that. But be under no illusion, the further the distance, the more radio time is consumed. So if the signal isn't perfect, it's a no go once you pass 10 km ... you can not bend physics.

/M

Much appreciated thanks Reyansh Little Bandage!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 193 ✭✭gafarrell

If anybody has the username/password to the gemtek router can you please PM Me. I have to get some port forwards setup.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭SkepticQuark

I used to have the password but they've changed it on me...

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Wegian

Nothing at all in Galway tonight, it’s really gone downhill in the past few weeks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭sticksman

Wegian wrote: »
    Nothing at all in Galway tonight, it’s really gone downhill in the past few weeks

I have noticed it really being terrible at peak time, like constantly dropping connections or unable to complete downloads on my laptops.

Is the recent stormy weather having affects on signal quality? My nearest mast is at Kilduff, Co Tipperary. I have achieved speeds of 40 - 50 mbps before so I don't think distance from the mast is the issue.

Advertisement