Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Imagine LTE Rural Broadband

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Ultimanemo

It is still very fast at 7:00 pm, I will run another test at 9:00 pm

8224962433.png

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭mark_jmc

Internet up and down here in Knockraha Cork the past few nights
    Terrible tonight, anyone else having problems?

8225228316.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

Currently 141
    Around 68 at 9pm last night
    Barrackcroghan

Just 24mb now
    Useable but a long way off the shoite they're posting on Facebook

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭SpannerMonkey

Mortelaro wrote: »
    Just 24mb now
    Useable but a long way off the shoite they're posting on Facebook

u must have serious demands if 24mb is only usable :D

Late for peak hours, but still much faster than what it used to be

8227728391.png

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭cyberspi

mark_jmc wrote: »
    Internet up and down here in Knockraha Cork the past few nights
    Terrible tonight, anyone else having problems?

I think that's the one I'm on, mast in ballyhoura direction? I came on here searching as we were great for the first few weeks but constantly dropping service requiring reboot router for the last week or so

67 currently
    Useable:D

Tonabrocky Galway

8230222301.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Quite the range:
    Ultimanemo wrote: »
    They are getting faster, I used to get 98, I don't know how long it will last.
    8219111744.png
    It is still very fast at 7:00 pm, I will run another test at 9:00 pm

8224962433.png
    8225228316.png
    Late for peak hours, but still much faster than what it used to be
    8227728391.png
    Tonabrocky Galway
    8230222301.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭SpannerMonkey

Kilmaley area in Co.Clare connected to the Ben Dash site . Have been told this site is 100% fully subscribed. Speeds are on a wired connection.

Night time ( highest speeds )

8230604141.png

Peak Day time hrs . ( lowest speeds)

8229565120.png

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Herrohatton

Hi guys, quick question seen as how people on here seem to know a great deal more than me about download speeds etc.
    It's not to do with Imagine per say, although we have ordered it because all we can get at the moment is mobile broadband with about 1mb/s or less download in peak times.

My question is this:
    Off peak on our current broadband, we might be able to get 3 or 4mb, sometimes even 7mb.
    Streaming Netflix or NowTv is fine, no drop in quality or buffering.
    However, if I try to download anything on my ps4, it says I'm only getting around 300 - 800kb/s.
    Therefore, I can't even download a software update unless I want to wait like 10 days.....
    Any ideas why this is happening?
    Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,019 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

Hi guys, quick question seen as how people on here seem to know a great deal more than me about download speeds etc.
    It's not to do with Imagine per say, although we have ordered it because all we can get at the moment is mobile broadband with about 1mb/s or less download in peak times.

My question is this:
    Off peak on our current broadband, we might be able to get 3 or 4mb, sometimes even 7mb.
    Streaming Netflix or NowTv is fine, no drop in quality or buffering.
    However, if I try to download anything on my ps4, it says I'm only getting around 300 - 800kb/s.
    Therefore, I can't even download a software update unless I want to wait like 10 days.....
    Any ideas why this is happening?
    Cheers

Are you sure that is not in KBs, which would equate to 2.4Mb/s - 6.4Mb/s?

Sorry, is what in KBs? The download on the ps4?
    If I test the internet connection on the actual ps4 settings its saying around 300kb/s etc.
    So then, the "time remaining" on the downloads section, says 99+hours to complete something small, like a 400 or 500mb update.
    So definitely not 2.4Mb/s
    Hope this helps

Also, i forgot to say, it will show download speed on the ps4 300kb/s but if I run a speed test on the broadband itself, it could be anything from 3mb/s to 7mb/s.
    And like I said, my tv will stream perfectly but for some reason, the ps4 is showing much slower download speeds?
    Sorry, this is probably just a problem with the ps4 or the settings on the ps4 isn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭NewWorldLeader

Also, i forgot to say, it will show download speed on the ps4 300kb/s but if I run a speed test on the broadband itself, it could be anything from 3mb/s to 7mb/s.
    And like I said, my tv will stream perfectly but for some reason, the ps4 is showing much slower download speeds?
    Sorry, this is probably just a problem with the ps4 or the settings on the ps4 isn't it?
    Have you got a game on or are all applications closed when downloading? If a game is open the ps4 will automatically lower your download speed

Have you got a game on or are all applications closed when downloading? If a game is open the ps4 will automatically lower your download speed

Nope, all applications closed. Wifi turned off on the phone, laptop etc.
    I think it must just be the ps4 right?
    I'll test it out when Imagine gets installed, maybe with my broadband speeds already being so slow its affecting the ps4 download speeds more or something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,480 ✭✭✭skinny90

Hi All,

After discovering the manhole outside my house is covered up by the road I am at a loss getting any sort of landline broadband.

Can anyone recommend Imagine in Renville Galway?

I will be using it for Now TV box, Android box and usual phone browsing.

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

skinny90 wrote: »
    After discovering the manhole outside my house is covered up by the road I am at a loss getting any sort of landline broadband.

If the manhole is covered / tarmaced over, a provider of OpenEIR will actually get them to sort this out as part of an order.

Also, SIRO is starting to roll out in Galway at the moment. Imagine would be a 24 months contract. Are you sure you want to go that route, when better options can be around in under 6 months ?

/M

• Advertisement

Current speed at near 8pm
    48Mb down 7 up

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭NewWorldLeader

Nope, all applications closed. Wifi turned off on the phone, laptop etc.
    I think it must just be the ps4 right?
    I'll test it out when Imagine gets installed, maybe with my broadband speeds already being so slow its affecting the ps4 download speeds more or something.
    I know the wifi on ps4 is **** so it could be that. I keep mine wired

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,482 ✭✭✭bennyineire

NBS scheme looks all be certain to be signed off today.
    Imagine will be up the proverbial in the next couple of years so we can fully expect them to open up all the cells to unlimited subs to try get as much cash as they can before people migrate to the new national service.

In short this will be even further degradation in the service.

My neighbor done the road from has just got his premises upgrade by Eir to fibre and cancelled imagine, I can't wait until I can do the same

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,935 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

NBS scheme looks all be certain to be signed off today.
    Imagine will be up the proverbial in the next couple of years so we can fully expect them to open up all the cells to unlimited subs to try get as much cash as they can before people migrate to the new national service.

In short this will be even further degradation in the service.

My neighbor done the road from has just got his premises upgrade by Eir to fibre and cancelled imagine, I can't wait until I can do the same

Imagine probably will stuff more people on the masts, they don't care about the contention problems once they are in an area with no other competition.

Even if the NBP goes ahead with a proper fibre solution, Imagine will fight back and play a dirty game, there is no ends to the length Sean Bolger will go to stay in the game. It will be many years before Imagine are in serious competition.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,586 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

Could be difficult for them to secure further investment in future.

Gonzo wrote: »
    Imagine probably will stuff more people on the masts, they don't care about the contention problems once they are in an area with no other competition.

Even if the NBP goes ahead with a proper fibre solution, Imagine will fight back and play a dirty game, there is no ends to the length Sean Bolger will go to stay in the game. It will be many years before Imagine are in serious competition.

What can he do?
    He's stuck with the 1% now
    The investors in the NBP might buy him out in areas they need his technology but that's about it
    They're not going to let him harm their plans.
    If anyone who can get fibre in a few years under the NBP stay on imagine, then that's that customers problem tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,017 ✭✭✭tsue921i8wljb3

What can he do?
    He's stuck with the 1% now
    The investors in the NBP might buy him out in areas they need his technology but that's about it
    They're not going to let him harm their plans.
    If anyone who can get fibre in a few years under the NBP stay on imagine, then that's that customers problem tbh

They will compete as they have been competing in eir FTTH areas. They are vastly better than eir and other ISPs at promotion. People, including myself, have been predicting their demise for years, yet they stick around and get large scale investment from international funds despite this apparent Sword of Damocles hanging over them.

They will compete as they have been competing in eir FTTH areas. They are vastly better than eir and other ISPs at promotion. People, including myself, have been predicting their demise for years, yet they stick around and get large scale investment from international funds despite this apparent Sword of Damocles hanging over them.

Prior to today there was some case for funding
    But now
    I suppose the whole thing could go to court on some trumped up case and mire it all up for another decade
    But apart from that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,017 ✭✭✭tsue921i8wljb3

Prior to today there was some case for funding
    But now
    I suppose the whole thing could go to court on some trumped up case and mire it all up for another decade
    But apart from that?

The funds knew this was likely coming down the line yet still invested. So either they are reckless investors or they don't fully believe in the NBP.

• Advertisement

The funds knew this was likely coming down the line yet still invested. So either they are reckless investors or they don't fully believe in the NBP.

They didn't know it would get the go ahead
    I'd say they reckoned it wouldn't
    All pointed that way
    Most countries haven't
    In all fairness, I'd say they were surprised and shocked that a one remaining bid contract is happening

Advertisement