Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Imagine LTE Rural Broadband

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,668 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Mortelaro wrote: »
    76.6 now..

Good speed but try to give it a test at around 9pm Monday to Thursday, thats when I find the network overloads and internet is at its slowest

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Good speed but try to give it a test at around 9pm Monday to Thursday, thats when I find the network overloads and internet is at its slowest

I know
    But the switch has worked
    Sustained? We'll see
    Will test in another hour
    Of course it will drop
    They didnt send a heap of contending customers to the firing squad today
    But question is ,is this equipment better performing with what it has to play with
    As fridays go so far,its 10 times faster than the rubbish of the last 2 months already
    Not counting chickens
    Vigilance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,668 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Im jealous Montelaro, just checked my own there and Im getting 2.2 download and the upload is so slow it is not registering anything. Thats on Vodafones supposed '4G' which I now know to be 3G. Its infuriating, especially given the 45 a month cost

70 down 20 up atm
    Was 121 down earlier
    Very variable as to be expected
    But as long as everything is working

• Advertisement

78 down 13 up atm

First morning week day test since the new gear went in which was always fastest

227 down :eek: 20 up

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Mortelaro wrote: »
    First morning week day test since the new gear went in which was always fastest

227 down :eek: 20 up

hopefully your overall speed improvement lasts. December 23rd to January 2nd will really tell if things have improved.

9pm
    41 down
    13 up

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Sbannon09

I stream on twitch and need at least 3mbs upload constantly. I'm currently with ripplecom who have great download speeds but shocking upload (under 1mbs from 4 till almost midnight) I'm in South longford and apparently getting my signal from athlone which for me seems to be an awful distance away for this technology to give good speeds. If anyone in South longford has imagine could you give me a message plz don't want to get screwed with a 2yr contract thanks

• Advertisement

46 down
    13 up at the moment

45 Down
    15 up

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭SkepticQuark

Just to offset expectations here a bit in case people get any ideas that Imagine actually delivers that kind of speed to everyone.

8745789043.png

Nobody else using the network except for me, powerline connection that I know can reach about 90mbps down when Imagine rarely hits those speeds.

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Ultimanemo

Just to offset expectations here a bit in case people get any ideas that Imagine actually delivers that kind of speed to everyone.

8745789043.png

Nobody else using the network except for me, powerline connection that I know can reach about 90mbps down when Imagine rarely hits those speeds.

This is the speed I am getting tonight, above my average speed this time of the day
    8745863745.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2 DJP1000

Hi guys,

Can anyone here tell me of their experience of the Imagine mast outside Castlerea in Roscommon?

My parents have a house in Cloonroughan between Castlerea and Ballymoe and I would love to know (in case I ever move down there) if the internet connection is good. I understand that Imagine have the nearest mast to their house and I think the mast is about 2 miles from their house.

DJP1000 wrote: »
    Hi guys,

Can anyone here tell me of their experience of the Imagine mast outside Castlerea in Roscommon?

My parents have a house in Cloonroughan between Castlerea and Ballymoe and I would love to know (in case I ever move down there) if the internet connection is good. I understand that Imagine have the nearest mast to their house and I think the mast is about 2 miles from their house.
    I wouldn't put a long term plan on it, even if it is good now it could go down at any time, I have Imagine in Galway, it was good and still very good in they early morning, in the evening I will be lucky if I get 20 mbps.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭seanvanseanvan

8757484672.png

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Anyone have the new black router supplied by imagine, we got installed about 2 months ago and it only has 2 Ethernet ports compared with 4 .. its an absolute disaster, anyone swap routers?

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭plasterman

Looking for recent experiences from Maghera mast good or bad?

South Galway, north east of Clare.

I have Imagine and Three €30 / month, in the last few weeks Three is much better at peak times

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭SkepticQuark

Ultimanemo wrote: »
    I have Imagine and Three €30 / month, in the last few weeks Three is much better at peak times

I've always found that to be the case. I ended up using three for any uploads too because our upload speeds with imagine started off great but have relatively speaking gone to **** (still better than the 0.2 Mbps the fixed line gave us). GoMo tethering is giving me trouble atm so I haven't been able to use that since ditching 3.

I've always found that to be the case. I ended up using three for any uploads too because our upload speeds with imagine started off great but have relatively speaking gone to **** (still better than the 0.2 Mbps the fixed line gave us). GoMo tethering is giving me trouble atm so I haven't been able to use that since ditching 3.
    True

The main difference now between Imagine and Three now is the upload speed and 30 Euro.

8763213335.png

8763226738.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 885 ✭✭✭celticbhoy27

Ultimanemo wrote: »
    True

The main difference now between Imagine and Three now is the upload speed and 30 Euro.

8763213335.png

8763226738.png

That's sickening, and imagine want to stall the nbp?!

Currently 37 down and 14 up with me
    The new modem has had consistently high uploads

Not fantastic but better than fixed line and not a patch on fibre obviously

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Had this crowd in this week and they failed with their test to find coverage above their minimum to install. Ironic, considering they had stuck up a sign right across from our home saying Fibre broadband is now available in the area.

We are in an awful area though, it's uphill, but then down into a dip again with plenty of trees surrounding us, so we're starved of good coverage from nearly every broadband provider.

Currently living off dribs and drabs from Three Broadband, lucky to go beyond 2 or 3 megs on a night.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Eire-Dearg wrote: »
    Had this crowd in this week and they failed with their test to find coverage above their minimum to install.

Once there is even the bare hint of an Imagine signal in an area they plaster their signs everywhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭Gooser14

They knocked on my door yesterday but I was delighted to point out the FTTH DP on the pole outside my gate & send him on his way. He hadn't even noticed DP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Gonzo wrote: »
    Once there is even the bare hint of an Imagine signal in an area they plaster their signs everywhere.

What's the law when it comes to putting signs on the side of the road. Do they have to clear it with each local council.

A few years ago they erected a large sign on the verge across the road from my house the day before a major storm was forecast.
    Of course it came loose and was blown all around the general area so when the wind calmed down I retrieved it and used it to make part of a chicken coop.
    It was a strong plastic sign but was held in place with wooden stakes that looked more like twigs.
    I sent an email to the town council who said they would look into it and that's the last I heard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

tuxy wrote: »
    What's the law when it comes to putting signs on the side of the road. Do they have to clear it with each local council.

They're illegal.

CoCo will fine them, if they cop on to it. Fines not high enough and they're not getting caught often enough, that it matters.

Cheap and effective advertising.

/M

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

I guess they are not getting caught because the CoCo's are not looking.
    Some areas you only have to drive around for a few minutes and you see so many of them.
    Is the fine per sign or fined once for an area?

Advertisement