Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Imagine LTE Rural Broadband

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

there are so many Imagine signs dotted along roads all around Meath, there is advertising on Bus Eireann buses, bus stop shelters and then they do the pop up shops in Centras and shopping malls. Their ads on Instagram and facebook are relentless, all paid advertising of course. I can't think of any other Internet provider that does this level of advertising as well as littering the countryside with signage.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭seanvanseanvan

After another text message about 5g upgrade/update work today

8766748639.png

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Ultimanemo

After another text message about 5g upgrade/update work today

8766748639.png
    They don't have 5G service, not a single site, they shouldn't be allowed to describe their service as 5G that is a blatant lie

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Ultimanemo wrote: »
    They don't have 5G service, not a single site, they shouldn't be allowed to describe their service as 5G that is a blatant lie

yep Imagine have no 5g service and may not have for years more. They are a 4g LTE service, however their marketing has fooled most of their customers in believing they have 5g. Only Vodafone and Eir have 5g services in one or two places and to receive the 5g signal you need a very expensive and current top tier phone and highly expensive bill pay plan. Imagine is not fibre, nor is it 5g, they are a wireless operator with a massive encyclopedia full of marketing tricks.

Gonzo wrote: »
    yep Imagine have no 5g service and may not have for years more. They are a 4g LTE service, however their marketing has fooled most of their customers in believing they have 5g. Only Vodafone and Eir have 5g services in one or two places and to receive the 5g signal you need a very expensive and current top tier phone and highly expensive bill pay plan. Imagine is not fibre, nor is it 5g, they are a wireless operator with a massive encyclopedia full of marketing tricks.
    I don't think they will ever have, they sell themselves as the company that covers rural Ireland, that is exactly what 5G can't do, it has short range and only suitable for densely populated areas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,047 ✭✭✭Truckermal

They have equipment about 500 metres from my house on the 3 Mast in view of my house, would this be worth getting as Ivertec are also advertising in the area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

If you can get what you need from the 20 euros pay as you go three 4G service,I would say No.

Mortelaro wrote: »
    If you can get what you need from the 20 euros pay as you go three 4G service,I would say No.

I had that but it's a waste of time in the evening or weekend, I need something to support SKY Q or something similar.

Truckermal wrote: »
    I had that but it's a waste of time in the evening or weekend, I need something to support SKY Q or something similar.

Imagine is a waste of time for many people during the evenings too, but every case is different, some get lucky, others dont. The thing is you won't know till you get it installed and it's 60 euros per month. There is a 14 day cooling off period, if you get it installed and it's rubbish regularly in the evenings just send it all back to them and try another provider. The one thing you can be guaranteed with Imagine is that you won't be getting a 5g signal, no matter how many times they tell you that you are.

Imagine is a waste of time for many people during the evenings too, but every case is different, some get lucky, others dont. The thing is you won't know till you get it installed and it's 60 euros per month. There is a 14 day cooling off period, if you get it installed and it's rubbish regularly in the evenings just send it all back to them and try another provider. The one thing you can be guaranteed with Imagine is that you won't be getting a 5g signal, no matter how many times they tell you that you are.

Cheers! Ya they have those 5G signs plastered all over the place, rubbish in the evenings in kinda pointless as that's when it's needed. anyway might try Ivertec as I hate companies that advertise that kinda rubbish.

• Advertisement

Imagine have signs up around Arklow town, inside in the town where,virgin media ,Siro and various fixed line fast products are available

Who in their right mind?

Imagine have signs up around Arklow town, inside in the town where,virgin media ,Siro and various fixed line fast products are available

Who in their right mind?

Eir and Siro have barely any advertising for their fibre products on the street. Someone who hasn't a clue will see the Imagine sign and walk into the trap, not knowing that their home is capable of cheaper and significantly faster internet services. Imagine's advertising and social media marketing is light year's ahead of any other provider, even if most of what they say is lies.

Meanwhile
    46 down 13 up for me

I see NBP hope to have an eircode tool with a timeline for everyone when its signed tomorrow?

Meanwhile
    46 down 13 up for me

I see NBP hope to have an eircode tool with a timeline for everyone when its signed tomorrow?

You'll have FTTH within a few years. Imagine's days are now numbered as long as they stay trying to peddle wireless. No doubt they will do something to stay relevant.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

You'll have FTTH within a few years. Imagine's days are now numbered as long as they stay trying to peddle wireless. No doubt they will do something to stay relevant.

If imagine are smart at all they will jump on the FTTH bandwagon now like nova and start selling broadband through openeir and upcoming on the NBI.

They could easily tell customers to keep with them and they will be automatically be updated to FTTH when it passes their premises.

irishfeen wrote: »
    If imagine are smart at all they will jump on the FTTH bandwagon now like nova and start selling broadband through openeir and upcoming on the NBI.

They could easily tell customers to keep with them and they will be automatically be updated to FTTH when it passes their premises.

yep i'd say they will do that alright, once they do that and offer a product that actually works like it's supposed to, then maybe their credibility will improve with less in the way of bad reviews and poor experiences from customers. Now that we know FTTH is coming to almost every home in the country, the days of wireless internet are now clearly numbered and about time too. Ireland needs to move on.

If you look at my posts in the NBP thread,I'm currently not covered by the NBP :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,017 ✭✭✭tsue921i8wljb3

I don't think their business model is set up for becoming a fibre reseller. I expect they'll continue as they are. Whether that has a long term future is another matter.

If you look at my posts in the NBP thread,I'm currently not covered by the NBP :eek:

your not covered by the NBP or Eir's 300k rollout?

databases can be full of mistakes, i'm still waiting for my eircode to pass even tho I've FTTH nearly 3 years now. I've emailed OpenEir several times to fix this to no reply.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

databases can be full of mistakes, i'm still waiting for my eircode to pass even tho I've FTTH nearly 3 years now. I've emailed OpenEir several times to fix this to no reply.

I'm about 700m from FTTH from a small town/villiage and about a 1km from another FTTH from the local larger town.

Who knows when I will get it.

• Advertisement

I'm about 700m from FTTH from a small town/villiage and about a 1km from another FTTH from the local larger town.

Who knows when I will get it.

If you not part of the 300k rollout then you'll get it with the NBP, they will soon update their website with a timeframe on when your due to get it.

https://nbi.ie/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭coolisin

I had imagine out, could just about get 40-45Mbs on test.
    I said no I cannot risk that for a 24month contract for those speeds to disappear in the evening.

They appear to be pushing hard at the min to sign people up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 885 ✭✭✭celticbhoy27

coolisin wrote: »
    I said no I cannot risk that for a 24month contract for those speeds to disappear in the evening.

Good call

coolisin wrote: »

Advertising hard on local radio stations at the moment

On the map there is a cabinet about a km away as the crow flies that doesn't serve me
    It has a random blue circle drawn around it like a perfect compass circle
    To wire me up to that cabinet, Eir would need 20 + new poles to go along a road with no poles and up through 2 fields
    They've already said NO
    Yet because of that blue compass circle drawn from the centre of the cabinet,my house is at the outer edge of it and my eircode is in the rural 300k...
    My old phone line comes from the public road that my lane is on
    That road is amber as are my existing poles
    You couldn't make this up and you'd have to wonder how many will be refused on account of this and indeed obviously because of cases like me whether there were ever 300k in the 300k

I've emailed the department and contacted local representatives
    No reply from the department
    Emailed them tuesday

I've emailed the department and contacted local representatives
    No reply from the department
    Emailed them tuesday

I would get onto every representative FF, FG, LAB, SF, one of them may help. I'd also be emailing openeir at least once per week till eventually someone answers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,017 ✭✭✭tsue921i8wljb3

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭seanvanseanvan

When everyone is gone to bed ;-)
    8788045654.png

When everyone is gone to bed ;-)
    8788045654.png

Still in bed
    8788553714.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,048 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Ultimanemo wrote: »