Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Imagine LTE Rural Broadband

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 238 ✭✭Falconire

When everyone is gone to bed ;-)
    8788045654.png
    Ultimanemo wrote: »
    Still in bed
    8788553714.png

So now you guys know that you only can use imagine when you are in bed late.

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Ultimanemo

Falconire wrote: »
    So now you guys know that you only can use imagine when you are in bed late.
    No
    See the time of my test

No
    See the time of my test

Well 7am, so everybody is still sleeping or gone to work :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Have them a number of months now and I can still get 200 220 down/20 up all the way up to around 5pm, by 7 its dropped to about 70-90 down/10 up and back up to full speed by 12.
    weekends it stays around 150 till 6 ish

god's toy wrote: »
    Have them a number of months now and I can still get 200 220 down/20 up all the way up to around 5pm, by 7 its dropped to about 70-90 down/10 up and back up to full speed by 12.

I will be happy if I get 20 down/2 up at peak times

• Advertisement

Give it time and it will drop as the contrntion goes up.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

I will be happy if I get 20 down/2 up at peak times

you had really good speeds up to a few months, now your in the same boat as almost everyone else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

They're advertising the shoite out of it on local radio at the moment
    I was that soldier
    Your sector is still relatively empty
    If and when they over fill it,you'll be in the 10 to 15 at best club at peak like the rest of us
    Theres no special magic in your area,just not as many customers YET

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

I recently switched from a local MMDS provider to a Three PAYG setup. Faster speeds but wonder if I'll get impacted by trees in the spring and summer when the leaves grow back.

If I am it's either chance an outdoor 4G antenna or try Imagine. Anyone in a similar boat?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,351 ✭✭✭naughto

I recently switched from a local MMDS provider to a Three PAYG setup. Faster speeds but wonder if I'll get impacted by trees in the spring and summer when the leaves grow back.

If I am it's either chance an outdoor 4G antenna or try Imagine. Anyone in a similar boat?

On 3 payg have router on the window sill home plugs through out.pulled down 90 gb on the Xbox last night update two games.
    I would keep with 3 if your getting good speeds at peak times

• Advertisement

Gonzo wrote: »
    you had really good speeds up to a few months, now your in the same boat as almost everyone else.
    And you are happy now :(

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

And you are happy now :(

not happy at all, just basically saying most who start off with great speeds, it doesn't stay like that due to contention. It shows that Imagine's network would be grand if they didn't cram far too many customers onto their service. The service works as intended until they flood it with far too many customers.

listermint wrote: »
    How you getting that. I only ever get 75 ish highest

5G?

I don't know, Imagine doesn't have 5G anywhere, but at peak times it is not great most days, less than 20

I don't know, Imagine doesn't have 5G anywhere, but at peak times it is not great most days, less than 20

Imagine don't do 5g anywhere as they don't have a license for it. That doesn't stop them calling it 5g and even the media seem to think they are 5g. The rollout of their current 4g LTE rollout has cost them alot and have suffered major loses over past 2 years: https://www.independent.ie/business/technology/news/dialling-down-5g-rollout-pushes-imagine-to-loss-38718225.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,545 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Imagine don't do 5g anywhere as they don't have a license for it. That doesn't stop them calling it 5g and even the media seem to think they are 5g. The rollout of their current 4g LTE rollout has cost them alot and have suffered major loses over past 2 years: https://www.independent.ie/business/technology/news/dialling-down-5g-rollout-pushes-imagine-to-loss-38718225.html
    Any hopefully the NBP finishes them off....

Headshot wrote: »
    Any hopefully the NBP finishes them off....

I don't think it will. They will have to adjust and start selling FTTH.

However it's clear to see that wireless is very expensive to rollout. It constantly has to be upgraded too at a much more regular basis than FTTH.

Imagine has huge expenses, those vans and their social media campaigns including fairly fancy videos, radio ads, Facebook and Instagram sponsored ads, advertising with Bus Eireann and an almost constant social media presence 24/7 must be costing them more than a pretty penny.

That is sad, The very same journalists who write against NBP haven't a clue what they are talking bout.

When they get bad comments on social media,their strategy is to abandon the tread and start a new one with the same spam until the truth outs on that and on they go again with another one

Mortelaro wrote: »
    When they get bad comments on social media,their strategy is to abandon the tread and start a new one with the same spam until the truth outs on that and on they go again with another one

They delete most of the negative comments and speedtests from customers. They leave some of them there but the vast majority get deleted. But yep I've noticed too that they abandon most posts, stick up a competition and then restart another post, trying to hide any damage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭bennyineire

They delete most of the negative comments and speedtests from customers. They leave some of them there but the vast majority get deleted. But yep I've noticed too that they abandon most posts, stick up a competition and then restart another post, trying to hide any damage.

I've been blocked from them on FaceBook, all I was doing was posted screenshots of my speeds whenever they were boasting about their "amazing" speeds

• Advertisement

I've been blocked from them on FaceBook, all I was doing was posted screenshots of my speeds whenever they were boasting about their "amazing" speeds

They blocked you because despite being a paying customer, you were bad for business putting up a truthful account of the service you were getting!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭KOR101

Hard to know what the game plan is.....

CANADIAN investment giant Brookfield Asset Management injected an additional €20m into Irish telecoms firm Imagine Communications this year, new filings show.

The funds came as Imagine, headed by Sean Bolger, continued to roll out a wireless network aimed at bringing high-speed broadband to rural Ireland.

Brookfield took a 31pc economic interest in Imagine in 2018, in a deal that reputedly valued the Irish company at €200m. The deal gave Brookfield a 55pc voting interest in Imagine. The Canadian company has effective control of the Irish group.

The latest set of accounts for Imagine, which employs about 160 people, show that it also received a €25.5m cash injection during 2018.

https://www.independent.ie/business/technology/news/imagine-investor-pumps-20m-more-into-broadband-plan-38726621.html

They blocked you because despite being a paying customer, you were bad for business putting up a truthful account of the service you were getting!

Is it lawful for a company to not interact with a customer on social media when they've a legitimate complaint?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭dam099

Is it lawful for a company to not interact with a customer on social media when they've a legitimate complaint?

Why wouldn't it be? Companies are under no obligation to even use Social Media and they are more likely to fall foul of laws like GPDR by using it than not doing so (hence requests for personal information being directed to Direct Message etc).

While under no legal obligation it does show contempt for their customers though.

Social Media firms could probably make rules to restrict deletion with no/questionable grounds reasons but they have no interest as they do the same themselves.

They can do anything they want on social media really. Imagine's gameplan is post up lab quality speedtests, random testimonials from customers such as 'Aisling in Sligo' or 'John in Cork'.They will reply to a potential new customer with positive feedback. Their social media swat team will ignore the majority of customer complaints, delete negative posts and speedtests from customers as well as block customers who submit a report that they see as bad for business.

Business's that offer a genuine good service tend of respond to a negative review and turn it around to a positive. Imagine certainly can't do this as there is always evidence being posted of terrible speeds or lack of response, so the easiest thing for them to do is to try and delete the evidence. Of course there is nothing they can do about the evidence on boards or other websites.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭pawrick

Getting a consistent 20 to 30 down with eir mobile broadband at the moment, just received a text from imagine to say there is now extra capacity in my area (it's been full past few years when i checked) - would I be mad to switch? (three reception is terrible for data in my area and cant get a telephone pole put in the neighbours field so fibre is out)

pawrick wrote: »
    Getting a consistent 20 to 30 down with eir mobile broadband at the moment, just received a text from imagine to say there is now extra capacity in my area (it's been full past few years when i checked) - would I be mad to switch? (three reception is terrible for data in my area and cant get a telephone pole put in the neighbours field so fibre is out)

If your local mast has been full for years and now there is a space, my guess is you would be entering a service with severe contention/slowdowns during prime time. You could always give it a shot and return it within 14 days if the service is highly unstable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,664 ✭✭✭Zimmerframe

Signed up with Imagine this evening for their "non 5G" 5G service. I know, it is what it is.
    I'm tech savvy, but it's all I can get apart from 3's contention issues and hopefully this will be better. I'm sure these questions are answered already, but in relation to Imagine's new "5g" equipment.

If they mount the outdoor antenna, high up on my two storey house.
    Will they let me fish the antenna cable in the attic and put their router in my attic ?

Does their router automatically enter "bridge mode", if I plug it into my "google mesh" setup or do I have to ask them to provide login details.

Do they still do "fixed ip's'" ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭dnme

Hi folks,

I'd be very grateful if anyone could pm me the username/password for the Imagine Gemtek WVRTM-127acn.

I actually used to have it, it was given to me by the installers, but it seems to have been changed in the past year or two. I need to gain access to edit port forwarding and ddns settings and I am not really happy to divulge sensitive info to Imagine over the phone.

Many thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭mossie

Signed up with Imagine this evening for their "non 5G" 5G service. I know, it is what it is.
    I'm tech savvy, but it's all I can get apart from 3's contention issues and hopefully this will be better. I'm sure these questions are answered already, but in relation to Imagine's new "5g" equipment.

If they mount the outdoor antenna, high up on my two storey house.
    Will they let me fish the antenna cable in the attic and put their router in my attic ?

Does their router automatically enter "bridge mode", if I plug it into my "google mesh" setup or do I have to ask them to provide login details.

Do they still do "fixed ip's'" ?

I had Imagine out 4 months ago and couldn't get an installation due to signal issues. My neighbour got a connection last week so I contacted them again yesterday and was told they have a new mast active since mid October that should give me a signal. Anyway I've signed up again and I'm waiting to see what happens.

I'd be very much interested in putting the router in my attic as well if they do this. Also do they allow access to the router for port forwarding etc.?

Advertisement