Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Imagine LTE Rural Broadband

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Ultimanemo

8845124710.png

It's gone to **** tonight.

Ok in Galway

8845195693.png

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭seanvanseanvan

When everyone is in bed....

8845644444.png

Yet Imagine state no contention :-(

When everyone is in bed....

8845644444.png

Yet Imagine state no contention :-(

They are still sleeping

8846168896.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 389 ✭✭Tommy Lagahan

Got a text from Imagine 4 hours after the downtime started to say that their third party fibre provider was down lol. Modem seemed to have all signal lights lit up again this morning though at least, will have to swap the access point over again.

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭vidapura

Ultimanemo wrote: »
    Ok in Galway

8845195693.png

Ahh here, thats not what I'd call OK.
    Yeh can't stream reliably at that kind of speed.

I'm going to try Vodafone, they've said they will allow me to take the wireless box home for the weekend to try it out.

Nobody else was willing to let us suck it and see so they just might get the business.. even it they are equivalent speeds they are twenty bucks a month cheaper...

• Advertisement

vidapura wrote: »
    Ahh here, thats not what I'd call OK.
    Yeh can't stream reliably at that kind of speed.

I'm going to try Vodafone, they've said they will allow me to take the wireless box home for the weekend to try it out.

Nobody else was willing to let us suck it and see so they just might get the business.. even it they are equivalent speeds they are twenty bucks a month cheaper...

Vodafone has 300G limit

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭vidapura

Vodafone has 300G limit

Ahh I'd doubt we'd go through that in a month.
    The kids are small, so there's just a coupla hours of youtube at the weekends.
    And I'd only get to watch maybe 2 matches at the weekend.
    But when I do sit down to do that I want the feckin stream to work.
    Imagine has let me down during so many Heineken cup matches on a Saturday ...
    Its pure frustrating...

They are still sleeping

They woke up :-)

8851976200.png

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,933 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

They woke up :-)

8851976200.png

Many of them will be awake and not in work from December 24th to January 2nd, could be quite a stress test for the Imagine network.

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭SkepticQuark

Worse than usual Saturday speeds today...Once the NBP starts rolling it better start rolling fast.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭rodge123

Worse than usual Saturday speeds today...Once the NBP starts rolling it better start rolling fast.

Terrible speeds in our house too, basically unusable. Using phone to write this!

I’m going to take great satisfaction calling up and cancelling imagine when nbp reaches us :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

Working OK here, I'm not in the same room as the modem, Netflix is going and it's 21 down 10 up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,586 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,920 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

Actually had an opportunity to use imagine today for the craic to download iOS13.3 (coming from using 1000mb FTTH at home it was obviously doomed from the start) after an hour it was still downloading ffs. Near Dundrum. I assume Hollyford mast?

Following this thread from the beginning screen screenshot-ing and sending the most shocking Speedtest results to the department of communications on a bi-weekly basis. They probably have me on their spam list since I don’t get automated replies back anymore.

Have to say I’m really really looking forward to the day I see posts on here of the mass exodus of imagine customers to NBP/Eircom etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭Nyum Nyum

I signed up in March with €100 deposit, supposedly coming to my area in July (just a tiny bit outside Macroom in Cork. I'm struggling along tethering Three which is garbage most of the time). All along I suspected this won't go well.

Heard nothing by July, got onto them, they said "Sorry, October now". October comes and goes - "Sorry, December now".

My wife put a very mild grumble on one of the Imagine posts on Facebook and within minutes I got a phone call from them saying it's now February but as a way of apology they'd refund my deposit and said there'd be no installation fee.

I thought "yeah right...." but the €100 is back in my account today so that's something.

I'm expecting that I still won't ever be getting this service but at least I have my cash back.

745 pm of a Sunday before xmas
    32 down 13 up

8879022561.png

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Just here to say it's been awful in Longford since coming home for christmas. Up and down a few times a day

Not too bad here on barrackcroghan atm
    77 down
    16.9 up

90 down 18 up

• Advertisement

To be fair and honest, they have been grand so far this Christmas. New xbox with 4 games with large downloads needed for the kids. Not much waiting.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭rayfitzharris

Some of you guys are very lucky. It's a disaster for me at the moment. Had to watch YouTube in 360p earlier lol, help me nbp your my only hope!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Dero

To be fair and honest, they have been grand so far this Christmas. New xbox with 4 games with large downloads needed for the kids. Not much waiting.

Well as of this morning, we're being throttled to 1mb. Lovely.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,933 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Dero wrote: »
    Well as of this morning, we're being throttled to 1mb. Lovely.

you must have gone over the 1tb data cap/fair usage? Your speed throttle should reset and be lifted on New Years Day.

Some of you guys are very lucky. It's a disaster for me at the moment. Had to watch YouTube in 360p earlier lol, help me nbp your my only hope!

To be fair,that's a weak wifi signal from your router
    It's not your real imagine speed

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭SkepticQuark

Just spotted Imagine on their website advertise the 1TB FUP as a "Terabyte Connection". Is that misleading or no? Not to mention "150mbps speeds" rather than including the infamous "up to" phrase.

Just spotted Imagine on their website advertise the 1TB FUP as a "Terabyte Connection". Is that misleading or no? Not to mention "150mbps speeds" rather than including the infamous "up to" phrase.

they will use any term they can get away with to market their wireless service as a fibre connection with all the same strengths as FTTH, blinding consumers and hiding the reality.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Dero

Gonzo wrote: »
    you must have gone over the 1tb data cap/fair usage? Your speed throttle should reset and be lifted on New Years Day.

Yes, both correct, and I understand that. It's just a bit crappy to have it happen when everyone is at home. Such is life, but that doesn't make it feel any better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Still going well for Xmas time.

8900212571.png

• Advertisement

god's toy wrote: »
    Still going well for Xmas time.

8900212571.png

that's an incredible speed for Imagine, i'd say very few ever get this. It's almost as good as Eir 300/50 fibre.

Advertisement