Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Imagine LTE Rural Broadband

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

Gone to ****e here tonight also. I'm not sure if we are being throttled because we went over 20gb today or is it just bad service.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 baileyborough

xxyyzz wrote: »
    Gone to ****e here tonight also. I'm not sure if we are being throttled because we went over 20gb today or is it just bad service.

As far as I'm concerned, throttled or no, it's still dog**** service. We are paying twice what we would pay with Eir or any of the others. Only reason I'm still with Imagine is we're a new build, and my house is a "red line", whatever that is.

To be honest I've had no complaints with them up to this week which coincides with my kid discovering Netflix so I think they have de-prioritised me until midnight. Usually I can get over 20Mbps peak times.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 baileyborough

xxyyzz wrote: »
    To be honest I've had no complaints with them up to this week which coincides with my kid discovering Netflix so I think they have de-prioritised me until midnight. Usually I can get over 20Mbps peak times.

Fair play. Honestly, I can't remember the last time I was pulling more than 6.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 TheRacerboy5

Do they include the off peak usage in the 1000GB limit?

My total usage is 960gb. On peak being 630 and off peak 330. We are all at home a lot obviously with what’s going on. We try and do updates and downloads during the night in off peak but now I’m starting to wonder if they will cut me if I go over the 1000gb total usage?? Or is the on peak usage has to hit 1000gb???

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,812 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Do they include the off peak usage in the 1000GB limit?

My total usage is 960gb. On peak being 630 and off peak 330. We are all at home a lot obviously with what’s going on. We try and do updates and downloads during the night in off peak but now I’m starting to wonder if they will cut me if I go over the 1000gb total usage?? Or is the on peak usage has to hit 1000gb???

Only Peak counts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,586 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

Now, with the current situation, I'm stuck working from home for the foreseeable (till Jan anyhow), and I rarely get faster than 2Mbps speeds. I genuinely can't remember a time when it cleared 6.

I'm quite limited with my options (working on that), but if I have to, can I use this as grounds for early termination, without the ridiculous fees?

A family member is in a similar situation, working from home for the rest of the year. Phoneline ADSL has fallen over recently, unworkable.

Tried to get Imagine, failed due to trees, another WISP also. One WISP is a possibility but requires €1,100 to €1,200 tree surgeon work to clear a path and that for a promised 10:2, 3 year contract package.

They have decided to go the satellite route, expensive but just a 12 month contract by which time NBP fibre could be a possibility.

https://bigblu.ie/for-business/business-satellite-broadband/

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Fatal Except1on

Connection dropping every few minutes here in Athy tongiht

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭SkepticQuark

Connection dropping every few minutes here in Athy tongiht

Connection gone to **** on the hollyford mast too, 200+ms ping to Cork, 0.5 download not even registering half the time, upload speeds seem to be slow but I didn't let the speedtest go that far given how awful it was looking already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

Imagine is not too bad here lately
    Currently 48 down
    But I've ordered a set of ubiquity dish stations to link to fibre,Not sure if it will work ,Its 2.6kms line of sight but some trees which we will have to get above,is it going to be bye bye imagine?

• Advertisement

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,812 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Quin_Dub wrote: »
    Just rang them there about Bridge mode - They are arranging a call back to go through the steps.. No push back so far..

Finally got the call back earlier today - I was in the car when they called so couldn't really get into it with them but the response I got was "Imagine do not support Bridge Mode at this time , but it is something we are looking into"

Yet there are multiple poster in this thread that have had them set it up for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,047 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Finally got the call back earlier today - I was in the car when they called so couldn't really get into it with them but the response I got was "Imagine do not support Bridge Mode at this time , but it is something we are looking into"

Yet there are multiple poster in this thread that have had them set it up for them.

They dont support bridge mode, i.e they can activate but not support you on it. technically the line was correct, but as you were in the car and busy you should have argued that they open it up for you. You dont require technical support for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭alec76

If you willing to spend 1-3 month of arguing with them , you'll get it too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,747 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I'm moving to a new house shortly and the broadband speeds are not good. I contacted imagine and they told me they can deliver speeds up to 150mbps.
    I need good broadband at home, most important thing is consistency as in always working and usable.
    For you guys living in the Midlands and west what is your experience of imagine?
    I'm strongly considering going with them but would like feedback from others to help me with my decision.
    Alternative options welcome too.
    I also have a VPN router, can I used t with this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,047 ✭✭✭✭listermint

You are going to hear a lot of bad stuff here.

Your only real go to should ever be - speak to the new neighbours. Thats it. nothing more.

No one in here is living at the same address or perhaps even same mast, some will be different directions different topology etc etc.

The people who are beside you will understand the best service for the area.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 238 ✭✭Falconire

eagle eye wrote: »
    I'm moving to a new house shortly and the broadband speeds are not good. I contacted imagine and they told me they can deliver speeds up to 150mbps.
    I need good broadband at home, most important thing is consistency as in always working and usable.
    For you guys living in the Midlands and west what is your experience of imagine?
    I'm strongly considering going with them but would like feedback from others to help me with my decision.
    Alternative options welcome too.
    I also have a VPN router, can I used t with this?

Imagine has a bad track record of providing the advertised speeds due to very heavy contention.

I can also get Imagine in my area but decided to stick with my local wireless provider and am glad I did after seeing the crap service Imagine is providing. I only get 20mbps but at least I get it consistantly all the time and the connectin is very reliable. They also do not have an stupid usage limits so if I want to down load a 50GB game it is not an issue. I work form home and that speed is more than enough for what I need.

97Mb down with me atm :eek:
    5.68 up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 89 ✭✭jarvis_c82

Hi,

Is anyone got the same issues as myself in that my internet is dropping off to no internet a couple of times a day?

To get it going most of the time, I've to restart my router and wait. Internet could be working for 10 minutes or hours, it's just random.

I've spoken to Imagine about it but they haven't fixed anything. I'm meant to be on the 5G network but it's been a joke. I understand there is alot more of a demand but if I just got some consistent connection and speed, I could work with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭mossie

jarvis_c82 wrote: »
    Hi,

Is anyone got the same issues as myself in that my internet is dropping off to no internet a couple of times a day?

To get it going most of the time, I've to restart my router and wait. Internet could be working for 10 minutes or hours, it's just random.

I've spoken to Imagine about it but they haven't fixed anything. I'm meant to be on the 5G network but it's been a joke. I understand there is alot more of a demand but if I just got some consistent connection and speed, I could work with it.

I had that last week for 3 or 4 days. Every morning between 7 and 8 was unusable and I couldn't access my home network or security cameras from work most of the day. It seems to be fine now though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

I've had it recently, maybe two or three times a week for two weeks. This week though it's been fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭ARGINITE

Are the lights on the router that show the antenna signal all of?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭sok2005

Their custom speed test site is down currently. http://imagine.speedtestcustom.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Ultimanemo

Hi,

They don't have 5G, Imagine sell themselves as fast broadband for rural Ireland, covering rural areas is exactly what 5G cannot do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Ultimanemo wrote: »
    covering rural areas is exactly what 5G cannot do.

Which renders it almost pointless.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,932 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Hi,

short anwser is Imagine are lying to you, they don't have 5g and don't have any plans to for the foreseeable future. Imagine is a wireless 4g provider nothing more, and the connection quality you get is totally dependant on the mast your connected to, as well as your line of sight and distance from mast, could well be already overloaded. A few who are on new masts get decent speeds 24/7 but that's a window that closes as more custromers sign up, so beware!

Imagine is not a quick and cheap solution to fast internet in rural areas, it is only a temporary hope of better than ADSL speeds until the Fibre get's to your location from the NBI.

Gonzo wrote: »
    A few who are on new masts get decent speeds 24/7 but that's a window that closes as more custromers sign up, so beware!

This is not the case on all masts. I know for a fact they are not signing up any new customers in my area as the mast is full and there is no problem with speeds peak or off-peak. We are fortunate that our mast has decent backhaul which is not the case for every mast but contention is being managed well on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭WestWicklow1

Anyone on Imagine in the Blessington, Co. Wicklow and surrounding areas?

What's it like?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭Hedgecutter

Anyone ever get out of there contact with imagine. im with them 3 months of a 12 months contract.

Shocking service. Is there any point going to comreg?

• Advertisement
  • Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,811 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Is there any point going to comreg?

Not if you haven't exhausted Imagine's complaints process.

Advertisement