Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Imagine LTE Rural Broadband

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,747 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Anyone ever get out of there contact with imagine. im with them 3 months of a 12 months contract.
    Shocking service. Is there any point going to comreg?
    Find out what the most popular radio show that allows the public to call them about issues is and then tell Imagine you are contacting them about your problem if they don't release you from the contract. Look for your money back as well, then settle for just being released.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 micksey1969

€100 to terminate contract, i dont know if you still have to pay the remaining 9 months? if so id be ringing comreg. https://www.imagine.ie/wp-content/uploads/2020/02/imagine-product-pricing.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭yrrag1974

Is anyone else on the Old Kilcullen mast having issues since around lunchtime today? This isn’t the usual slowdown at peak times - this is dropping connection multiple times every hour, unusable since lunchtime today. Rang them this evening - agent couldn’t even log into my modem even though I was showing 3 bars of signal. Has referred it to “1st line support” - which means it’s now filed away - in a filing cabinet! Rebooted about 20 times today and it lasts for Bout 5 mins. Impossible to work from home with it today.

Is anyone else on the Old Kilcullen mast having issues since around lunchtime today? This isn’t the usual slowdown at peak times - this is dropping connection multiple times every hour, unusable since lunchtime today. Rang them this evening - agent couldn’t even log into my modem even though I was showing 3 bars of signal. Has referred it to “1st line support” - which means it’s now filed away - in a filing cabinet! Rebooted about 20 times today and it lasts for Bout 5 mins. Impossible to work from home with it today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 946 ✭✭✭daraghwal

I am running out of options and tempted to get imagine. Are they really that bad? Is there anyone that has good things to say about them? I really don't think I have any other option. I realise people don't write on boards usually unless they are complaining but still. Anyone in north wexford in particular?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Dero

yrrag1974 wrote: »

I'm on that mast, but I was in the office yesterday for the first time in months, so wasn't working from home. As far as I know though, we had no major issues (beyond the usual). Could be a specific issue with you CPE.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭mossie

daraghwal wrote: »
    I am running out of options and tempted to get imagine. Are they really that bad? Is there anyone that has good things to say about them? I really don't think I have any other option. I realise people don't write on boards usually unless they are complaining but still. Anyone in north wexford in particular?

I don't have anything bad to say to be fair. Been with them 6 months and it's been very good for the most part. Not in your part of the country though.

Just try 4G first, could be surprised but you need a good signal, I had to install an external 4G antenna on a 10 foot pole on the chimney but this made a huge difference.

Try prepay first, if it's no good you can change.

I changed from 3 4g 750 gb a month to vodafone 350 gb on billpay, vodafone is better, not the fastest but I don't have to reboot the modem 5 times a day to get it to work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Dero

yrrag1974 wrote: »

Update. Mine dropped just now. Was gone a couple of minutes and is back. I haven't noticed it doing that before. No latency spike or packet loss, just went offline.

I'll keep an eye on it and see what happens...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

This is the internet, people only come on this thread to complain, I've never had any issues with them. 2 of us are working from home using it without any problems. Plenty of bandwidth for streaming in the evenings. It does seem to depend on your mast though. Some are definitely better than others so your best bet is to talk to someone in your area who has it.

• Advertisement

Dero wrote: »
    Update. Mine dropped just now. Was gone a couple of minutes and is back. I haven't noticed it doing that before. No latency spike or packet loss, just went offline.

I'll keep an eye on it and see what happens...

Yeah mate. That’s what’s happening. Signal lights stay lit but no signal at all. Stay in touch!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,047 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Mines Grand, South Wicklow. Can probably throw stones at wexford.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 946 ✭✭✭daraghwal

Failed install :( Anyone here have experience with Aptus 50 or 100Mb plans? Do they provide close to what they're offering? Skytel/Rocket Broadband would be my next option followed by regional broadband...

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Andrewke

Well, does anybody know if imagine is any good in the north Meath area been told they’d a 5g capable mast at Proudstown Kilberry any advice would be greatful as fibre isn’t on our road and too expensive to supply ourselves

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,920 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

Failed install :( Anyone here have experience with Aptus 50 or 100Mb plans? Do they provide close to what they're offering? Skytel/Rocket Broadband would be my next option followed by regional broadband...

And if you can’t avail to any of those options

Three.ie
    Eircom mobile
    Vodafone
    http://www.broadbandforall.eu/

It’s an absolute disgrace that’s it 2020 and NBP hasn’t even connected one home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭mossie

mossie wrote: »
    I don't have anything bad to say to be fair. Been with them 6 months and it's been very good for the most part. Not in your part of the country though.

I tempted fate by posting this. Have no or limited connectivity this evening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 238 ✭✭Falconire

They can't be any worse then Imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Ultimanemo

Andrewke wrote: »
    Well, does anybody know if imagine is any good in the north Meath area been told they’d a 5g capable mast at Proudstown Kilberry any advice would be greatful as fibre isn’t on our road and too expensive to supply ourselves
    They don't have 5g, never had, never will. 5g capable and 5g ready is like my house, I have Aerial Mast, ethernet cable, shelf and sockets all ready to install 5g.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

Any reason why a tp link wifi plug wont connect to an imagine router( newer type)
    It sees the wifi but just hangs and won't connect

I rang imagine and they said they'd find out and ring back
    Of course they didn't ring back...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,351 ✭✭✭naughto

Mortelaro wrote: »
    Any reason why a tp link wifi plug wont connect to an imagine router( newer type)
    It sees the wifi but just hangs and won't connect

I rang imagine and they said they'd find out and ring back
    Of course they didn't ring back...

Did u put in the code on tp link

• Advertisement

naughto wrote: »
    Did u put in the code on tp link

It's a tapo
    No code
    You set it up via an app
    If it's the wifi password you mean,yes I put that in

It's this modem btw and this wifi plug

I asked what people thought of Imagine a couple of weeks back. I've certainly got my answer.

eagle eye wrote: »
    I asked what people thought of Imagine a couple of weeks back. I've certainly got my answer.

Did you ask the neighbors yet...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,920 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

Imagine: Welcome to the Internet, my friend, how can I help you?

Comic Book Guy: I'm interested in upgrading my 28.8kb Internet connection to a 1.5 megabit fiber optic T1 line. Will you be able to provide an IP router that's compatible with my token ring ethernet LAN configuration?

Imagine: Can I have some money now?

listermint wrote:
    Did you ask the neighbors yet...
    None of them have it. They are happy with 14 mb max speed from Vodafone and eir.

eagle eye wrote: »
    None of them have it. They are happy with 14 mb max speed from Vodafone and eir.

Problem solved I suppose...note as pointed earlier im happy with my imagine connection but that's unique to my experience and my neighbors.

Don't take this thread as an example of what your experience would have been.

That's all. No one comes on to tell their good experiences.

I have a back up connection for home security and cctv too which is wireless also.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Goreme

Andrewke wrote: »

I've been with them for nearly four years now connected to the Rathmore transmitter (on the Athboy to Navan road). The service has been good over all that time (unlike it seems a lot of people on this forum).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

I'm on the Mount Oriel mast and having the absolute worst slowdown of recent memory today. Anyone else having issues on that mast?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 Underhauled

Down here in County Clare I have experienced the worst Internet service since I got dial up two decades ago.
    We were assured that the would be no contention ratios or slowdowns and fit the first while it was good. Service dropped from the high seventies to single digits at times but since the pandemic its all gone to pot.

Average speed is between 0.01 to 2 mb. Eir fibre is now available so once I have the infrastructure laid down I'll be moving to them.

I've spent hours on the phone with them. It took two years to set up my customer portal.

That said we've blown the 1tb monthly limit on several occasions with everyone at home.

Advertisement