Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Imagine LTE Rural Broadband

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Runemaster

Flyer1 wrote: »
    I would personally stay away from Imagine at all possible costs.

I just disconnected from their service after a battling with them in relation to technical issues for some time.

Their service is over subscribed, at peak times I was seeing 0.7MB/s

A reliable 4 MB/S is better than constantly battling disconnection/no service issues.

0.7MBPS or 0.7Mb/s ?

mines is 0.6 mb/s (4mbps) at peak, with someone watching Netflix or downloading something small it is unusable.

I have mirrored your ideas but my parents seem dead set on getting it ://

• Registered Users Posts: 10 SAPBASIS

Same here, wouldn't go near them. Their customer care team just put me on hold for 20min and then hung up. In a battle to end my contract also. Love to hear if anyone else just cancelled Direct debit and walked or if you waited on ComReg to get involved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭ARGINITE

I wouldn't sign up to them either, when they are installing they will promise great speeds and will tell you they won't install if they don't get greater than 40Mb down. I saw more than 40Mb down for the first week or two and not since.

If you have technical issues then expect this:
    SAPBASIS wrote: »
    Their customer care team just put me on hold for 20min and then hung up.

Imagine are nothing but crooks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭mossie

I know I would be in the minority here but in fairness my experience with Imagine has been very good. I signed up a year ago, absolutely no other option but Imagine, and the installer told me I'd probably get 70Mbps max but it's averaging closer to 90Mbps down and 9Mbps up ( 100+ off peak, maybe 70 - 80 at peak). I had a glitch a few weeks ago where speeds were way down but only for a day or so. I know this was a new mast when I signed up so maybe that has something to do with it, maybe it's not at full capacity. At €60 the price is a bit higher than I'd like but it's very good for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,787 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Jesus I just gone with these guys I'm outside Gorey.

Rocket was taking ages to get back to me and then couldn't install in time for my work from home schedule.

Nextdoor neighbour works in I.T and recommended them, so I'm a little surprised.

• Advertisement

To be honest, I had no real major issue for 12 months and when I rang up in the past they were ok to deal with but the last 7 days are the worst I have ever experienced. I work in IT also and should have known better to move to them but I have spoken to a few people in the industry over the last few days and Imagine's reputation is poor. I'd say as most people are saying they are overselling and don't have the staff or infrastructure to back it up, especially with everyone working from home.

I've no issue with there being a problem, I can handle that, it's knowing that they are not looking at the issue and it could be weeks/months or never before its resolved.

I'll be just going to another provider and cancelling my contract. Be happy to go to court at this stage as no judge would find in their favour but I'd be surprised if that happened.

To be honest, I had no real major issue for 12 months and when I rang up in the past they were ok to deal with but the last 7 days are the worst I have ever experienced. I work in IT also and should have known better to move to them but I have spoken to a few people in the industry over the last few days and Imagine's reputation is poor. I'd say as most people are saying they are overselling and don't have the staff or infrastructure to back it up, especially with everyone working from home.

I've no issue with there being a problem, I can handle that, it's knowing that they are not looking at the issue and it could be weeks/months or never before its resolved.

I'll be just going to another provider and cancelling my contract. Be happy to go to court at this stage as no judge would find in their favour but I'd be surprised if that happened.

what part of Ireland are you in? what happened!

Hi Nalz,

Basically, the internet signal is dropping every few mins making conference calls impossible for the last 7 days. They have acknowledged the issue is on their side but are doing nothing to resolve the issue. I have to keep ringing for updates and I just get the run-around. They are only dealing with inbound calls which seems bonkers to me. For work, I can't keep going with no end date in sight. The final straw was being put on hold for 20 min and then hanging up. I have instructed my bank to stop any further payments and I have sent imagine an email that they are in breach of contract and I'm ending it. I'm sure it will go to a debt collector but its highly unlikely to go to court. On top of that, I can't see any judge finding in favour of them. In summary, they have brought out the worst in me and for my own wellbeing, I just need to put an end to this.

I'm in the midlands.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,812 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Hi Nalz,

Basically, the internet signal is dropping every few mins making conference calls impossible for the last 7 days. They have acknowledged the issue is on their side but are doing nothing to resolve the issue. I have to keep ringing for updates and I just get the run-around. They are only dealing with inbound calls which seems bonkers to me. For work, I can't keep going with no end date in sight. The final straw was being put on hold for 20 min and then hanging up. I have instructed my bank to stop any further payments and I have sent imagine an email that they are in breach of contract and I'm ending it. I'm sure it will go to a debt collector but its highly unlikely to go to court. On top of that, I can't see any judge finding in favour of them. In summary, they have brought out the worst in me and for my own wellbeing, I just need to put an end to this.

I'm in the midlands.

I have a similar problem , but not as frequent as you it would seem , thankfully.

Basically the Internet connection just drops completely (although the router lights don't change) for a few seconds - maybe 10ss at most.

For me, this happens once or twice an hour - I now use my phone to dial into Conference bridges for audio.

Teams/Zoom will hang or restart briefly but at least I don't lose the voice connection.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Asendor

Quin_Dub wrote: »
    I have a similar problem , but not as frequent as you it would seem , thankfully.

Basically the Internet connection just drops completely (although the router lights don't change) for a few seconds - maybe 10ss at most.

For me, this happens once or twice an hour - I now use my phone to dial into Conference bridges for audio.

Teams/Zoom will hang or restart briefly but at least I don't lose the voice connection.

Same here since September.. got the equipment on site replaced (because it was faulty): no change. they fixed the signal to a certain tower (because it "connected to the weakest tower in range"): no change ..now waiting for another call back from second lvl support.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,812 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Asendor wrote: »
    Same here since September.. got the equipment on site replaced (because it was faulty): no change. they fixed the signal to a certain tower (because it "connected to the weakest tower in range"): no change ..now waiting for another call back from second lvl support.

Oddly enough my issues started after they replaced the kit.

Anyone have issues with phone? My WiFi and wired Lan connection is fine, but I plugged my landline phone into the phone port and I don't get a dial tone.

Tried switching the router off and back on but no joy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Nalz wrote: »
    Anyone have issues with phone? My WiFi and wired Lan connection is fine, but I plugged my landline phone into the phone port and I don't get a dial tone.

Tried switching the router off and back on but no joy.

Yep, mine stopped working about a month after I got it in. modem doesn't even light up when phone is plugged in. Have sent a few emails in to their support but surprise surprise they haven't been answered ... 4 weeks on.

god's toy wrote: »
    Yep, mine stopped working about a month after I got it in. modem doesn't even light up when phone is plugged in. Have sent a few emails in to their support but surprise surprise they haven't been answered ... 4 weeks on.

Mine never worked, I'm only a new customer of 3 days though.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭NakQuada

I'm really at boiling point with my internet connection. Sunday seems to be the worst day for the internet on my connection. Dropouts every 20 minutes where the router completely resets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

I get some weird dns errors an awful lot lately. When I go to a website I get a dns error and then the page reloads successfully.

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭SkepticQuark

xxyyzz wrote: »
    I get some weird dns errors an awful lot lately. When I go to a website I get a dns error and then the page reloads successfully.

I've been having that a lot also for weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

I've been having that a lot also for weeks.

Yep here too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,187 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

Ah... I thought it was just me and had assumed it was something up with my Internet network as I've a few switches

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭alec76

Is it DNS server itself ( just switch to Google or Cloudflare DNS to fix) or is it not stable internet connection in general causing the issue?

• Advertisement

alec76 wrote: »
    Is it DNS server itself ( just switch to Google or Cloudflare DNS to fix) or is it not stable internet connection in general causing the issue?

Not sure TBH but we don't have the option to set our own DNS at a router level which is a right PITA - it's greyed out:

DNS.jpg

Couldn't you just set DNS for every device , you can do it in Windows through Control Center or just use app for Android
    or iOS

alec76 wrote: »
    Couldn't you just set DNS for every device , you can do it in Windows through Control Center or just use app for Android
    or iOS
    Yes - but it's a complete pain to do that.
    Smart TVs, Multiple laptops, Multiple Tables, Multiple Phones etc
    Much better through the router
    I'll email them and see if they will give me access to that functionaity

deadl0ck wrote: »
    Yes - but it's a complete pain to do that.
    Smart TVs, Multiple laptops, Multiple Tables, Multiple Phones etc
    Much better through the router
    I'll email them and see if they will give me access to that functionaity

Just to rule out DNS SERVER issue you could try on Single device first.
    This kind of error could be not DNS server related at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,759 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

I've own router connected to Imagine router (LAN to WAN cascade), and DNS servers of my choice set. Despite that had DNS errors occasionally in recent days.

Im on the Athy mast and my router is clapping out every hour. All lights bar the power and LAN1 light turn off then come back on after 2-3 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭rodge123

Anyone else on north kildare mast getting brutal speeds and latency this evening?

Usage is averaging close to 20GB per day this month, little over 20GB for today already so wondering are they applying that de-prioritising rubbish to me.

rodge123 wrote: »
    Anyone else on north kildare mast getting brutal speeds latency this evening?

Usage is averaging close to 20GB per day this month, little over 20GB for today already so wondering are they applying that de-prioritising rubbish to me.

You'll get deprioritised once you start hitting 14/15GB

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭rodge123

NakQuada wrote: »
    You'll get deprioritised once you start hitting 14/15GB

You know this for a fact? Happen to you?

• Advertisement

rodge123 wrote: »
    You know this for a fact? Happen to you?

Yes, known for a fact. Straight from Imagine Level 2 technician.

Happens to me a lot so I can't even update my games or watch Netflix without getting deprioritised.

Advertisement