Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Imagine LTE Rural Broadband

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,812 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Hi
    I had this imagine 5g broadband installed last Monday. Living very near to the mast.
    Speeds consistent throughout the day in excess of 100mb
    Come to 5 or 6pm speeds completely drop as low as 1 to 2mb
    Everything runs extremely slow and streaming is not an option after 6pm.
    Why would there be such a vast swing in speeds?
    Is this normal with Imagine broadband?
    I think I will cancel early next week before cooling off period expires.
    Will probably revert back to Vodafone 4g at €40 per month, at least the speed was consistent at about 15 to 20 mb
    Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Have you checked your usage?

If you go above 25Gb during the day , they throttle you in the evenings

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,787 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Quin_Dub wrote: »
    Have you checked your usage?

If you go above 25Gb during the day , they throttle you in the evenings

Is that in stone because I'm sure I've gone over a good few times and no throttling.

Maybe it depends on the traffic on every mast

How do you configure the likes of netflix and prime not streaming certain things in 4k or hd?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Dero

Nalz wrote: »
    Is that in stone because I'm sure I've gone over a good few times and no throttling.

Maybe it depends on the traffic on every mast

How do you configure the likes of netflix and prime not streaming certain things in 4k or hd?

It's not set in stone, and it does vary by mast. The problem is that Imagine won't give a straight answer for the triggering criteria.

It's also de-prioritisation rather than throttling, so while it will have a similar effect to throttling on a busy mast, you may not even notice on a quiet one (at the back of a long queue as opposed to a short one).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 463 ✭✭grousedogtom

Definitely didn't go over 25mb of usage yesterday, yet the speeds at 9pm last night were around.5 to 2mb.
    Can't believe how poor it is in the evenings
    Going to get it removed before my cooling off period expires.
    Does anyone know what I'll be charged at this stage while in the cooling off period?
    They have €50 taken already.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭mickey15ie

Is anyone else experiencing the same as grousedogtom? The trottling at the end of the day would be a big issue for me

• Advertisement

Definitely didn't go over 25mb of usage yesterday, yet the speeds at 9pm last night were around.5 to 2mb.
    Can't believe how poor it is in the evenings
    Going to get it removed before my cooling off period expires.
    Does anyone know what I'll be charged at this stage while in the cooling off period?
    They have €50 taken already.
    Thanks

Imagines cooling off period starts the day you order
    So you're probably already goosed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 463 ✭✭grousedogtom

AuntySnow wrote: »
    Imagines cooling off period starts the day you order
    So you're probably already goosed

No, I'm OK, I have until Friday next

• Registered Users Posts: 22 thisguy145

mickey15ie wrote: »
    Is anyone else experiencing the same as grousedogtom? The trottling at the end of the day would be a big issue for me

Massive issues for the last 3-4 months with imagine. Exactly as described. Some days it's fine but then in the evening the speeds drop to less than a half a mb. Rang imagine to complain and diagnose the issue as I thought intialy it was a fault, but the lad on the phone said we were depriortised due to "heavy usage" and that it resets in 24 hours.

Strangely though we never had a problem at the start as the mast wasn't at capacity. As more and more people in the area signed up the more problems we encountered. My contract is up now in March and will be moving away.

It's infuriating though as their website boasts unlimited download speeds and no data caps but it's not until you read the fine print, does it say they can limit you by this priority bs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭mossie

I emailed them yesterday about my issues with Teams and other apps being disconnected in the middle of calls. In fairness I got a reply in minutes but they said I would need to give more info and listed several things to do next time I get disconnected. At a guess these would take several minutes to do and if you're on an important meeting that isn't an option really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

Setup a test call?
    They need something to troubleshoot. I've said before but this basically does not happened to me ever in Teams so it's not as if it's some fatal flaw in their entire setup.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭mossie

d31b0y wrote: »
    Setup a test call?
    They need something to troubleshoot. I've said before but this basically does not happened to me ever in Teams so it's not as if it's some fatal flaw in their entire setup.

Yeah, I'll have to look at doing this. It's not just Teams though.

Anyone's connection completely down. It's saying connected no internet on all my devices, including wired! I'm in North Wexford near Gorey

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 389 ✭✭Tommy Lagahan

Dead here, up in donegal. Looks like theyve gone and killed the connection nationwide again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Conchurl

Is imagine down for anyone else right now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Conchurl

It's back working again it seemed to completely fail for about 15 minutes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,757 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Conchurl wrote: »
    Is imagine down for anyone else right now?

Nope. :cool:

**** sake!

I don't think it's nationwide though I've a mate in Cahir who says his connection is fine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Anyone's connection completely down. It's saying connected no internet on all my devices, including wired! I'm in North Wexford near Gorey
    Yep down here too. Not even showing the antenna is connected. was about to fire the modem out the window... still might!

(

Unregistered Users

Definately not nationwide. I'm connected to Mullaghanoe Hill (East Mayo), it's been working fine all day. :)

Wicklow looks to be out anyway.

• Advertisement

It was out here near Arklow(BarrackCroghan mast) but is back now

Still down in donegal. Brother got limited to 1mbit permanently today as well, told him to cancel it to buck and order starlink.

It was out here near Arklow(BarrackCroghan mast) but is back now
    Yep just tested its ok.

Still down in donegal. Brother got limited to 1mbit permanently today as well, told him to cancel it to buck and order starlink.

Permanently?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

Dropping in and out here in Meath. Only the 2nd time in a year where we've had coverage/connectivity issues.

Permanently?

If you go over the limit more than twice they permanently limit you yeah. Typical WISP behaviour.

Unregistered Users

Aren't there at least 2 more WISPs in Donegal to consider?

If you go over the limit more than twice they permanently limit you yeah. Typical WISP behaviour.

The monthly limit I presume?

Text from Imagine

Hi - You may have experienced connectivity issues for a short period of time last night. This was due to a third party fault that affected several providers . We would like to apologise for any inconvenience that this may have caused. Thanks Imagine.

• Advertisement

Text from Imagine

Hi - You may have experienced connectivity issues for a short period of time last night. This was due to a third party fault that affected several providers . We would like to apologise for any inconvenience that this may have caused. Thanks Imagine.

Aye... No here's 10 euro off your next bill. Words are cheap, especially automated messages!

Advertisement