Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Imagine LTE Rural Broadband

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Deryk

The cabinets in the village are marked to go live 20th July (including the one near Carrigoran)
    although cab 2 does not mention 20th.

Usually I think they are available for connection about a month afterwards.
    I guess time will tell ;)

Oh yes, those lines fed directly from the exchange already had improvement in connection apparently.

Yup that was my first option.. Either way won't work for me I'm too far from it, I called them last week and again yesterday.. Still the same sometime in a year story.. Doesn't matter for me now anyway! ðŸ˜

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,020 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

Deryk wrote: »
    Yup that was my first option.. Either way won't work for me I'm too far from it, I called them last week and again yesterday.. Still the same sometime in a year story.. Doesn't matter for me now anyway! ðŸ˜

Well maybe it does ...... in that a lot of people who might move to the Ben Dash mast will not need to if their cab provides a good connection. Less users means less contention :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 728 ✭✭✭robert muldoon

Sure! I have no problem doing speed test later! Any time you want me to give it a go?

Thanks Deryk for keeping us up to speed on your installation , but you still hav' to told us what part of the country your in

Thanks Deryk for keeping us up to speed on your installation , but you still hav' to told us what part of the country your in

Well I have, lol.. I'm in Urlanmore Newmarket on fergus Clare.. Connected to the Ben dash mast... I'm also going to be doing my speed test at 8 pm during peak times.. As suggested by morgana.. Unfortunately I haven't posted enough to be able to post pictures yet.. So I'm just going to have to tell what it is.. And I will be honest..!

Well I have, lol.. I'm in Urlanmore Newmarket on fergus Clare.. Connected to the Ben dash mast... I'm also going to be doing my speed test at 8 pm during peak times.. As suggested by morgana.. Unfortunately I haven't posted enough to be able to post pictures yet.. So I'm just going to have to tell what it is.. And I will be honest..!

Thanks for that , I am in south Kildare and have a rookery behind me about 100 mtrs, if the signal comes from the north l think I am in trouble, from the the south should be ok

• Advertisement

8pm and my speed test came back as 85,49 at 7pm.. 83.34 at 7:30, and 87.14 at 8 pm

Thanks for that , I am in south Kildare and have a rookery behind me about 100 mtrs, if the signal comes from the north l think I am in trouble, from the the south should be ok

I'm 17 km from the mast.. And somehow mine so far has been amazing.. My neighbour 4 doors down didn't get his today as he didn't get the speed.. I'm totally surrounded by trees and somehow I'm ok... Phew..

I'm 17 km from the mast.. And somehow mine so far has been amazing.. My neighbour 4 doors down didn't get his today as he didn't get the speed.. I'm totally surrounded by trees and somehow I'm ok... Phew..

That's good to know
    How about the phone situation ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭uncle_sam_ie

What's different from your neighbor's house? Is there a building or something blocking it. Or, maybe you're up higher then him?

That's good to know
    How about the phone situation ?

Well I didn't go for the phone package.. But they have emailed me my phone number... They said I can just call them if I want to use the phone at any stage.. The installers didn't even mention it to be honest..

• Advertisement

What's different from your neighbor's house? Is there a building or something blocking it. Or, maybe you're up higher then him?

If I'm higher up its by 5 feet, if that! There is a gap in my trees between a tree and the house next door, but the little antenna isn't pointed that way... Weird..

For anyone interested I just did another speed test and it's 82.34

Does anybody know what the max length from the aerial to the box is? Could teh aerial be placed on a pole on the transmitter side of trees and the signal cabled from there to the box at the house?. What would the max length be in this case?.

Secondly, is the phone point at the modem or can it be run to other parts of the house?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭SpannerMonkey

oh man these speeds sound amazing . im in Kilmaley in Clare and my fixed line broadband is a joke . 5mb down at best which aint too bad but my upload is only 0.10mb which just slows down everything .

has anyone used the imagine lte broadband for gaming ? does it work ok is there any Lag?

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭Pious14

Gave a complaint on Facebook as I had paid a deposit in May but got no call regarding install-low and behold, two hours after my comment I got a call to say they would be installing tomorrow- don't know if it was coincidence or not.

Anyway, am on the Woodcock Hill mast living in Patrickswell, Limerick- will keep ye updated. Hoping I can get line of sight but I'm not very hopeful.

oh man these speeds sound amazing . im in Kilmaley in Clare and my fixed line broadband is a joke . 5mb down at best which aint too bad but my upload is only 0.10mb which just slows down everything .

has anyone used the imagine lte broadband for gaming ? does it work ok is there any Lag?

The guys that did mine today told me they were headed to kilmaley after me!

Just did another speed test and the rain is hammering down.. Dunno if that makes a difference... But it's 88.38

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭ItHurtsWhenIP

Just did another speed test and the rain is hammering down.. Dunno if that makes a difference... But it's 88.38

I think if you get one more post, you can post pics/attachments/links! :D

MMFITWGDV wrote: »
    I think if you get one more post, you can post pics/attachments/links! :D

Ooooooo well let's see!!

Nope! Literally nothing for me to attach or post links.. Would it work in a private message?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

I hate you so much right now :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭Decent Skin

MMFITWGDV wrote: »
    Does anybody else think it's odd that the sales reps are saying there's X number of places left on a not-live mast? After all they won't be able to tell who can get the service until the installer shows up and does a signal test.

For example a 10% failed install figure would mean there's 40 places that would be still available.

Not really.

People have paid to reserve slots, so those slots are unavailable.

Imagine appear to be being fair re the limit, have given a general indication of it being possible with the initial call (and so the percentage of fails should be low) and are refunding anyone who has a deposit paid if they can't get a signal, so I'd have no issues with them using the "what's left" as a bit of a marketing ploy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 532 ✭✭✭511

Nope! Literally nothing for me to attach or post links.. Would it work in a private message?

You need 50 posts and need to be a member for 10 days, I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭ItHurtsWhenIP

511 wrote: »
    You need 50 posts and need to be a member for 10 days, I think.

I thought I saw that was reduced to 25 ... oh well.

Keep talking to us ... A lot :D

You could also try the links like this:
    http : / / www . domain . com / piccie1 . jpg
    and we can work it out from there. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭K3v

Not really.

People have paid to reserve slots, so those slots are unavailable.

Imagine appear to be being fair re the limit, have given a general indication of it being possible with the initial call (and so the percentage of fails should be low) and are refunding anyone who has a deposit paid if they can't get a signal, so I'd have no issues with them using the "what's left" as a bit of a marketing ploy.

To be fair the Sales Rep did say my location should be fine & that he had reserved spots for others who were in borderline areas. It did sound a bit like a sales pitch to me, although I was signing up either way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Dero

K3v wrote: »
    To be fair the Sales Rep did say my location should be fine & that he had reserved spots for others who were in borderline areas. It did sound a bit like a sales pitch to me, although I was signing up either way.

Whereabouts in Kildare are you, and is the Rossmore mast in Laois?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭morgana

Yes. I'm a gamer (MMOs) and no problems at all. Steady pings of 45 to 75 to the game servers of my main game (In Amsterdam) and no lag unless its server side. As a plus, game updates are now painless (rather than the long waits :p) - and if i'm downloading a huge new game I'll do it between midnight and 7 am when they don't monitor and it doesn't count towards the cap (by now pretty much confirmed by both reps and anecdotal evidence here in this thread).

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭K3v

Dero wrote: »
    Whereabouts in Kildare are you, and is the Rossmore mast in Laois?

I am near Maganey. Half way between Athy & Carlow. The Rossmore mast is in Laois. Its where all the wireless ISPs have their masts. If you click on Carlow on the Imagine LTE site, you will see a map of the coverage in the area.

Here is where the mast is located:

https://www.google.ie/maps/place/Unnamed+Road,+Rossmore,+Co.+Laois/@52.8177793,-7.0126851,527m/data=!3m2!1e3!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x485d421554fcaf37:0x257b23add8c422e6!8m2!3d52.8177761!4d-7.0104964

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 365 ✭✭jayo99

Hey Deryk, what sort of ping times are you getting ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭Decent Skin

K3v wrote: »

A valid sales pitch re you (hopefully) being delighted with it, telling your neighbour and then reminding them that "there's only X slots left - ring soon!"

Installer arriving here tomorrow, so hopefully the above will be ME! :)

• Advertisement

jayo99 wrote: »
    Hey Deryk, what sort of ping times are you getting ?

Hovering around the 22 mark up to 30

Advertisement