Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Imagine LTE Rural Broadband

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

Dero wrote: »
    They took down all the signs around here (Kildare/Curragh) a while ago but as of yesterday, the service is still on track for this month. I thought maybe they had enough applications, but someone suggested that they might have been told to remove the signs.

It's a bit odd.
    My money's on them doing the "forgiveness is easier than permission" on the signs :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 728 ✭✭✭robert muldoon

They took down all the signs around here (Kildare/Curragh) a while ago but as of yesterday, the service is still on track for this month. I thought maybe they had enough applications, but someone suggested that they might have been told to remove the signs.

It's a bit odd.

I noticed that as well, they told me the Council told them to remove them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 949 ✭✭✭damienirel

The more I read about imagine on this thread the more I'm convinced they are a bunch of chancers. I've 2mb dsl and I think I'll stick with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 434 ✭✭Ruffty^

damienirel wrote: »
    The more I read about imagine on this thread the more I'm convinced they are a bunch of chancers. I've 2mb dsl and I think I'll stick with it.

I've had 0 issues with them since I got it (mid june).
    I moved from 8/12mb dsl and no way I would go back to it.
    This is WAY better. Stream away at 1080p and others in the house playing games online. No bandwidth issue, pings are rock solid.
    It will be AGES before fibre in my area.

2mb dsl is utter tripe compared to this imagine service..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 153 ✭✭imp1

Customer service is rotten. Had a failed install due to a 'problem with the mast' about 2 weeks ago, Ballina mast. Installers said install would be rescheduled for a couple of days later - no sign and no call. Have tried the customer 01 phone number, seems to be offshore and no joy from them. I will be sticking to the 3M eir service.
    Imagine were keen to tell me all the good things said about them on Boards, so if there is a lurker there, happy for a pm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭SpannerMonkey

signed up last week haven't heard anything since . how long does it take them to ring you up to schedule an install date ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

signed up last week haven't heard anything since . how long does it take them to ring you up to schedule an install date ?

Depends if your mast is actually live or not.
    What mast/area are you ?

I was told 'within 14 days our install team will contact you'. I was waiting 7 working days.

Here are some of my speed tests, I haven't been doing them as regular as I should
    http://www.speedtest.net/results.php?sh=b99aaca888aa416355a3f2fbb0cc7863&ria=0

You want to stick with your 3mb dsl, good luck to you is all I can say.
    There was 3 or 4 other users on here doing regular speed tests, I'll see can I find those links again. Perhaps a mod could sticky them.

I'm sorry but people coming on here and saying their 2 and 3mb dsl line is superior to this service are talking absolute crap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭ItHurtsWhenIP

irishchris wrote: »
    Totally down now. Internet unavailable and no sync light on modem.. Feel sorry for whichever person answers the phone to me tomorrow at imagine

Are you back online yet? Any explanation from Imagine?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Dero

Ruffty^ wrote: »
    Here are some of my speed tests, I haven't been doing them as regular as I should

What was that glitch around the 14th of July? Did you contact support about that, or did it just resolve itself?

• Advertisement

I don't know for sure was it them or me, but I think it was on their network end because it resolved itself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭SpannerMonkey

long_b wrote: »
    Depends if your mast is actually live or not.
    What mast/area are you ?

Ben Dash in clare . fairly sure its gone live

I was told 'within 14 days our install team will contact you'. I was waiting 7 working days.

There was 3 or 4 other users on here doing regular speed tests, I'll see can I find those links again. Perhaps a mod could sticky them.

I'm sorry but people coming on here and saying their 2 and 3mb dsl line is superior to this service are talking absolute crap.

?? i never said id stick with it im delighted to go to imagine . id be lucky to get 3mb with my current fixed line broadband . my best download ever was 5mb even though told id get 12mb and my upload is approx 0.05mb on any speed test ive done its appalling.makes everything so slow when upload is that bad
    your speeds look amazing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,020 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

Ben Dash in clare . fairly sure its gone live

Yes it is ..... one poster reported d/load speed of ~80Mb/s from Ben Dash

MMFITWGDV wrote: »
    Are you back online yet? Any explanation from Imagine?

I pm'd him but got no response

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,223 ✭✭✭irishchris

I pm'd him but got no response

Sent you reply this morning mate :-) (i better check I sent it). Speeds were back to 80+ yesterday morning.. Waited until yesterday evening to check again and speeds dropped to 15-30 mb/s. This morning back to 80+ again.. Definitely looks like contention again unfortunately! Support looking into it now

Sent you reply this morning mate :-) (i better check I sent it). Speeds were back to 80+ yesterday morning.. Waited until yesterday evening to check again and speeds dropped to 15-30 mb/s. This morning back to 80+ again.. Definitely looks like contention again unfortunately! Support looking into it now

Ok thanks for that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭morgana

I dug out my own post where I had collated the links to regular speed tests, if you got installed why not do the same, it creates a nice record for you and everyone else:
    Some speed test histories from people active in this thread:
    Morgana
    Ruffty
    Chef-1st

I'll be happy to keep a list of speed test histories updated.

morgana wrote: »
    I dug out my own post where I had collated the links to regular speed tests, if you got installed why not do the same, it creates a nice record for you and everyone else:

Ruffty and Chef first are very inconsistent but still very tolerable, are they off the same mast? I think one of them went down to 2mbs 14 th July around lunchtime and mid week, so that's an odd one

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Goreme

Morgana
    Ruffty
    Chef-1st

Which masts/locations are each of these three testers taking readings from?

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Goreme

Morgana
    Ruffty
    Chef-1st
    Which masts/locations are each of these three testers taking readings from?

• Advertisement

Here is my results page also
    http://www.speedtest.net/results.php?sh=d1d12b80f41a39810a4473fb94e2db18&ria=0

What happened on 2/8? Did you ask for explanation or did you go over your 20gb daily limit?

What happened on 2/8? Did you ask for explanation or did you go over your 20gb daily limit?
    That was the evening that I mentioned earlier in this thread. Definitely didn't go over my allowance as no one in house most of day and was just light browsing on phone that evening..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,318 ✭✭✭rob808

That was the evening that I mentioned earlier in this thread. Definitely didn't go over my allowance as no one in house most of day and was just light browsing on phone that evening..
    Chris you get alot of random speeds wonder what it be like when winter comes.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭robbiep958

Im not sure imagine can do anything about congestion it all depends on who online and there may be a certain user downloading quite heavily .. Thats a no win situation

robbiep958 wrote: »
    Im not sure imagine can do anything about congestion it all depends on who online and there may be a certain user downloading quite heavily .. Thats a no win situation

I could live with 20-30mbs, considering some evenings I have to put up with .5-1mb with my regional wireless BB and I can't even open up my email!!

rob808 wrote: »
    Chris you get alot of random speeds wonder what it be like when winter comes.

Been steady enough since they replaced antenna few weeks back. Generally 80+ during day and 30+ at peak hours but last few days it has been low in evenings. Just ran speed tests there on phone now and averaging 50 mb/s

I am waiting for news on the Kilcullen mast (Co Kildare) as it's supposed to be alive by the end of this month , I would expect testing to start in next 2 or 3 weeks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Dero

I got this from them on Tuesday (via Facebook):
    Imagine wrote:
    Hi Derek, Old Kilcullen is due to go live this week and the scheduling team will be contacting customers over the next couple of weeks to get people booked in.

• Advertisement

I got this from them on Tuesday (via Facebook):

Shall look forward to that - thanks

Advertisement