Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Imagine LTE Rural Broadband

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 660 ✭✭✭popsy09

Just got my first bill , i was connected since the 21 July

I got 22e for what was left in July then they bill you a month in advance which I was never told of so 59e brings the first bill to 81e

Then they tried to charge me 50e that was supposed to be waved seen as I had wireless already setup in the house

After a long phone call I got the bill back to 81e so just keep an eye on your first bill

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,496 ✭✭✭✭guil

popsy09 wrote: »
    Just got my first bill , i was connected since the 21 July

I got 22e for what was left in July then they bill you a month in advance which I was never told of so 59e brings the first bill to 81e

Then they tried to charge me 50e that was supposed to be waved seen as I had wireless already setup in the house

After a long phone call I got the bill back to 81e so just keep an eye on your first bill
    That's standard billing.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 jfcunniffe

long_b wrote: »
    How did you spend €400 with Imagine in 2 months?

A pretty big phone bill, daughter with friend in Finland

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭TireeTerror

Chef-1st wrote: »
    That's brill. Thanks for that. I actually googled the number there.
    I never knew there was a dedicated website against these money-hogging 1890 numbers! http://www.saynoto1890.com/
    Good to know that.

The Imagine number has always been on their website. At least since I first looked a few months ago.

http://www.imagine.ie/get-in-touch/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 660 ✭✭✭popsy09

guil wrote: »
    That's standard billing.

How is it standard when they were charging me 50e that was supposed to be waved ??

I was aware most places charge a months advance but I was not told that I was told my first bill would be a part month payment from the time I was setup

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,496 ✭✭✭✭guil

popsy09 wrote: »
    How is it standard when they were charging me 50e that was supposed to be waved ??

I was aware most places charge a months advance but I was not told that I was told my first bill would be a part month payment from the time I was setup

I was referring to the part month and month in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Chef-1st

I see I got a generic flyer in the post today, in an envelope, addressed and all. They must have done it for the whole estate.
    "Your neighbour recently got mega fast fibre speed up to 70M with a massive 20G a day limit, blah blah blah".
    ...ehhh, that would be me, and no, I'm not getting mega fast fibre broadband.

They're giving a 50euro voucher off new installs now, so the demand mustn't be as high as they thought, in Wexford anyway.
    There are other WISPs to chose from, at half the cost, and Eircom fiber lines are coming soon.
    This is their last push to get contracts it seems. My neighbours anyway, were all weary of that sales rep who knocked on their doors when I got installed. He was so aggressive for the contract to be signed there and then it put them off.

So anyone who is getting it in rural areas (who would take their arm off to get these speeds), ask for the 50euro off the install. You EDIT: WILL get it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

I see I got a generic flyer in the post today, in an envelope, addressed and all. They must have done it for the whole estate.
    "Your neighbour recently got mega fast fibre speed up to 70M with a massive 20G a day limit, blah blah blah".
    ...ehhh, that would be me, and no, I'm not getting mega fast fibre broadband.

They're giving a 50euro voucher off new installs now, so the demand mustn't be as high as they thought, in Wexford anyway.
    There are other WISPs to chose from, at half the cost, and Eircom fiber lines are coming soon.
    This is their last push to get contracts it seems. My neighbours anyway, were all weary of that sales rep who knocked on their doors when I got installed. He was so aggressive for the contract to be signed there and then it put them off.

So anyone who is getting it in rural areas (who would take their arm off to get these speeds), ask for the 50euro off the install. You could get it.

Could you post a picture of the flyer please?

emm, it is in the bin. I'll try dig it out and take a pic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 219 ✭✭BuzzG

Chef-1st for your sake I hope it's your recycling bin otherwise it could be very messy altogether :D

Good to see they are offering a reduced install, EUR 150 is a bit on the steep side IMHO.

• Advertisement

Yeah, it was in the paper bin. I didn't really read it at all earlier, quick glance, laughed, and put it in the bin.
    But yes, it seems anyone who mentions they got a 50euro voucher will get it off their install, bringing the install fee down to a respectable 100euro.

I can't upload the pic, as I don't use any image storage websites. Can I PM it to someone instead, who could put it up?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Yeah, it was in the paper bin. I didn't really read it at all earlier, quick glance, laughed, and put it in the bin.
    But yes, it seems anyone who mentions they got a 50euro voucher will get it off their install, bringing the install fee down to a respectable 100euro.

I can't upload the pic, as I don't use any image storage websites. Can I PM it to someone instead, who could put it up?

Imgur doesnt require an account, or you can attach it to a boards post directly.

Hit me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭morgana

Use TinyPic

Thanks, I used Imgur. Here is the link: http://imgur.com/Y4JtDQh

Y4JtDQh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Y4JtDQh

monthly limit of 600GB
    things keep changing

No that has always been there

Y4JtDQh

Nice one - hopefully that'll be handy for a few people.

What was that I read earlier about someone getting €50 off for "already having wireless set up" ? I'm assuming that would be an existing fixed wireless customer ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭TireeTerror

Denuvo has just been properly cracked. Just Cause 3, Rise of the Tomb Raider etc etc in the last couple of hours. I shall be expecting my warning soon....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

Cheers for posting about that 50 euro off voucher there Chef. Shall ring them up and get them to drop the 50 off mine aswell. Although I still haven't made up my mind about continuing with the contract given recent events. Granted I probably will if the speeds are there come installation time (which seems to be getting further away each time I speak with them...), but the whole rigmarole about throttling has left me with second thoughts.
    km79 wrote: »
    monthly limit of 600GB
    things keep changing

20*30 = 600. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Dero

long_b wrote: »
    What was that I read earlier about someone getting €50 off for "already having wireless set up" ? I'm assuming that would be an existing fixed wireless customer ?

My install fee was €100 because I'm an existing WISP customer (Ripplecom).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Wing126 wrote: »
    Cheers for posting about that 50 euro off voucher there Chef. Shall ring them up and get them to drop the 50 off mine aswell. Although I still haven't made up my mind about continuing with the contract given recent events. Granted I probably will if the speeds are there come installation time (which seems to be getting further away each time I speak with them...), but the whole rigmarole about throttling has left me with second thoughts.

20*30 = 600. ;)

I understand that
    I also understood it to be UNLIMITED originally Due to no cap from 12am to 7am apparently
    So the 600GB on the flyer is new to me

• Registered Users Posts: 36 jfcunniffe

what happens to the months that have 31 days???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭SpannerMonkey

Got it installed today on the Ben Dash mast in clare . so far 50mb down 10mb up 19ms ping on wireless.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭Pious14

Got this two weeks ago. Am delighted with it having gone from 15gb monthly download allowance mobile broadband. However, I am only getting 20mb -30mb download speed having started at 40mb (wireless connection) - should I be happy with this or be greedy and ask them to have a look?

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Johnfred

Speeds are really bad tonight. 5 down 2 up.
    Chef 1st what are your speeds tonight?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

Pious14 wrote: »
    Got this two weeks ago. Am delighted with it having gone from 15gb monthly download allowance mobile broadband. However, I am only getting 20mb -30mb download speed having started at 40mb (wireless connection) - should I be happy with this or be greedy and ask them to have a look?

Use Ethernet to test, not wireless

Pious14 wrote: »
    Your problem is the wireless :P - most speeds here are measured via wired connection to the router - its the only way to get an accurate reading of the download speed your are actually getting.
    I usually get between 70 and 80 off peak wired, but if I test from the laptop or the other PC on the wireless, this can drops significantly to 20 to 50 depending on the wireless adapter.
    Also, the supplied router's wireless isn't the best.

Johnfred wrote: »
    Speeds are really bad tonight. 5 down 2 up.
    Chef 1st what are your speeds tonight?

That's very poor alright. Something really wrong there. That's terrible. Mine has rarely gone under 10M.

Tonight I'm up and down averaging between 12-30M. Latest result is a thrilling fibre speed of 12M.

All my results can be viewed through this link: (note: all my results are wired direct to the router)
    http://www.speedtest.net/results.php?sh=ca0743c0b8cf444e2d91bc3118335acd&ria=0

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭wuzziwig

Got it installed today on the Ben Dash mast in clare . so far 50mb down 10mb up 19ms ping.

Do you mind me asking how long ago you signed up? I'm signed up to that mast too and haven't heard a word from them re installation.

Advertisement