Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Imagine LTE Rural Broadband

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Eir042

Hi there,

Wondering where about you live. I'm in co. Louth. Registered my interest 10th last month. Paid €100. And have heard nothing yet.. I currently with eir and have the wonderful speed of 3.5mgs. And same as you if I can get good speed I also hope to get dreambox.. let us know how you get on..pls

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

wuzziwig wrote: »
    I got installed on Friday. Getting consistent speeds of 50Mbps but I'm all the time waiting for them to drop. This tgread is making me paranoud!!!

I'm happy with it so far. I've one kid that uses XBox live but apart from that we're just run of the mill users. Was thinking of getting a dreambox type of setup to replace Sky but I'm worried about the 20GB cap and how quickly that would be consumed.

Nice speeds :)

What's your mast, distance from mast and do you have like of sight please ? Ta

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Dero

I got a call this morning from Imagine to say they've a slot free tomorrow, so my installation is booked for sometime tomorrow morning.

I'll update as soon as i know whether it works or fails...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭morgana

Fingers crossed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,318 ✭✭✭rob808

Dero wrote: »
    I got a call this morning from Imagine to say they've a slot free tomorrow, so my installation is booked for sometime tomorrow morning.

Nice hope it works out for you enjoy it when you get it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48 Waffleon

Ok, just a point on the 20gig a day cap. A friend of mine has satellite broadband and the cap there is 50gig a month. I know we'd all like to have as much as we could, when we wanted, but that is simply not possible. Imagines t&c's stated the 20gig a day, I still signed up and and apart from resetting the router once and a few tests under 30meg, my experience with them have been quite good overall. Everyone here who has signed up for this product and is complaining about caps should have read the terms and conditions but if still upset can easily cancel and opt out for 100euro. I use the internet at night time also so would not be in favour of "all you can eat" between the hours of 12-7. It's not a perfect product by all means, but, it's the best for me at this point in time.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Dinerve

Waffleon wrote: »
    Ok, just a point on the 20gig a day cap. A friend of mine has satellite broadband and the cap there is 50gig a month. I know we'd all like to have as much as we could, when we wanted, but that is simply not possible. Imagines t&c's stated the 20gig a day, I still signed up and and apart from resetting the router once and a few tests under 30meg, my experience with them have been quite good overall. Everyone here who has signed up for this product and is complaining about caps should have read the terms and conditions but if still upset can easily cancel and opt out for 100euro. I use the internet at night time also so would not be in favour of "all you can eat" between the hours of 12-7. It's not a perfect product by all means, but, it's the best for me at this point in time.

Thanks for your valuable advice. Very constructive!

• Registered Users Posts: 36 jfcunniffe

Ok , Just to point out too, that a lot of people on this forum were told BY the Imagine LTE sales team that you COULD download big files after 12 - 7 in morning as this WAS not monitored and not a part of the daily download limits I was told this plus I have an email from an Imagine tech only about 3 weeks ago saying the same thing in writing you can do this. No one is saying that the speed is not good, just sick of the lies and to think that Imagine, think that people are ok with this, just because we are in the county side does not mean they can F**K people over. If I cancel the service THEY will pay me back all the money that I have put into this service, not me paying them to get out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Waffleon

jfcunniffe wrote: »
    Ok , Just to point out too, that a lot of people on this forum were told BY the Imagine LTE sales team that you COULD download big files after 12 - 7 in morning as this WAS not monitored and not a part of the daily download limits I was told this plus I have an email from an Imagine tech only about 3 weeks ago saying the same thing in writing you can do this. No one is saying that the speed is not good, just sick of the lies and to think that Imagine, think that people are ok with this, just because we are in the county side does not mean they can F**K people over. If I cancel the service THEY will pay me back all the money that I have put into this service, not me paying them to get out of it.

I suggest you (along with a lot of others) should have read the t&c's then..?? Or maybe you believe every sales guy you meet..??

I suggest you (along with a lot of others) should have read the t&c's then..?? Or maybe you believe every sales guy you meet..??

YES I DID before I phone up to order it, ask about that on the phone & was told that you CAN download after 12-7 as not included in the daily cap, This is false selling & in the eyes of the law that is misleading regardless of the T&C , T&C are NOT concrete

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭TireeTerror

Clueless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭morgana

As has been said numerous times, NO-ONE is disputing the 20 gig cap. The issue is that Imagine's support people told many of us even a few eeks ago that the period between 12 and 7 can be used to download larger files without counting towards the cap. A stance they now seem to have withdrawn completely without telling anyone.
    The problem is not so much the cap but the conflicting, contradictory and mostly lacking precise information regarding the download of larger files by Imagine itself.
    Nobody would have bat an eyelid if that period had never been in place and advised by Imagine. But if you give something and then take it away or apply it inconsistently and in a non-transparent manner, you will run into problems.
    The warning mails are another issue, their wording, by the latest reports, is questionable and, again, their use seems inconsistent (people have gotten them way before they reach cap or not at all with similar use). Granted, they are probably still tweaking the system. Also, having no usage portal in place makes it very hard for users of their supplied equipment to have any idea what their usage is at any given time (they are looking for a PHP developer on FB btw :P).

morgana wrote: »
    (they are looking for a PHP developer on FB btw :P).

They're looking for a Unix Sys Admin as well. I think I'll pass...

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭wuzziwig

long_b wrote: »
    Nice speeds :)

What's your mast, distance from mast and do you have like of sight please ? Ta

Mast is Ben Dash in Clare. I'd be around 10km from it. Not sure about line of sight but the radio receiver is on a single storey gable rather than on the 2 storey gable as there were trees blocking from there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭SpannerMonkey

wuzziwig wrote: »
    Also any recommendation on a booster for the wifi signal within the house. Can barely connect from my bedroom and I like to read the newspapers from my Kindle in bed of a Saturday and Sunday morning. At the min I'm going out through the hotspot on my phone which is 4G with 3.

i have this one https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00AHXXJVW/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Works great and simple set up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 728 ✭✭✭robert muldoon

Dero wrote: »

Must be getting close to me in Calverstown ,went up to the mast this am, a fantastic view looking south, south west. There is a lot of gear on it, mostly Vodafone I'd say

Well said

jfcunniffe wrote: »
    YES I DID before I phone up to order it, ask about that on the phone & was told that you CAN download after 12-7 as not included in the daily cap, This is false selling & in the eyes of the law that is misleading regardless of the T&C , T&C are NOT concrete

So they pulled the plug, what's the point in keeping moaning, if you think you have a case why don't you sue them and move on

So they pulled the plug, what's the point in keeping moaning, if you think you have a case why don't you sue them and move on

I am not the only one here with the same problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭valpuk

Hi All

Wonder can current Imagine customers shed some light for me please?

I work from home taking calls for Apple so the calls are streamed to me. My hours can be anything from 8am - 8pm

Live in an area where BB providers offering 5mb and 1mb are very very scarce

Would LOVE to take up this offer but the 20GB allowance per day scares me as 1 imagine sales advisor told me if I go over, the speed drops to 1mb until midnight
    Is this correct?

Also if I sign up today, the mast is not going live until 20th Sept so they take the 100 euro install fee now but they also said that my cooling off period starts today....???
    Surely your cooling off period begins from the day the service is live and your contract then begins on that date.
    If the cooling off period starts today then the service would also be charged from today aswell?

If anyone has gone over the 20gb usage can you tell me if your speeds dropped dramatically?

My cousin signed up a few weeks ago and I saw her speeds and they look fantastic!
    If the speed decreases to 1mb then i may not be able to continue as I need min 5mb and 1mb for work

• Advertisement

valpuk wrote: »
    Hi All

Wonder can current Imagine customers shed some light for me please?

I work from home taking calls for Apple so the calls are streamed to me. My hours can be anything from 8am - 8pm

Live in an area where BB providers offering 5mb and 1mb are very very scarce

Would LOVE to take up this offer but the 20GB allowance per day scares me as 1 imagine sales advisor told me if I go over, the speed drops to 1mb until midnight
    Is this correct?

Also if I sign up today, the mast is not going live until 20th Sept so they take the 100 euro install fee now but they also said that my cooling off period starts today....???
    Surely your cooling off period begins from the day the service is live and your contract then begins on that date.
    If the cooling off period starts today then the service would also be charged from today aswell?

If anyone has gone over the 20gb usage can you tell me if your speeds dropped dramatically?

My cousin signed up a few weeks ago and I saw her speeds and they look fantastic!
    If the speed decreases to 1mb then i may not be able to continue as I need min 5mb and 1mb for work

If you need it for work, it should be easy enough to stay below the 20GB. For general usage (including Youtube/Netflix streaming), 20GB per day is plenty.

Do you share the connection with a house full of teenagers? If so, you would have to lay down some ground rules, especially if they're gamers.

Also, as far as I understand it, the cooling off period starts when the service goes live, regardless of what the sales person says. They send out a mail when the mast is live and it includes the following at the bottom:
    Imagine wrote:
    Once again, thank you for choosing Imagine and remember, if you change your mind there's no problem, you can cancel your order, just let us know within the next 14 days by giving us a call on 1890 929 139 or by filling in the cancellation form below..

Whether this is separate from the distance selling regulations I don't know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Apple, unless theyve changed their terms, won't allow you to work over a wireless link, has to to be fixed line. This is due to jitter and reliability.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭valpuk

ED E wrote: »
    Apple, unless theyve changed their terms, won't allow you to work over a wireless link, has to to be fixed line. This is due to jitter and reliability.
    Hi Ed E

They have just recently allowed Mast / Line of sight connections so this option would be fine

I phoned back to talk to another advisor and they confirmed that yes the cooling off period begins from the date the service goes live

I have seen such good feedback about the service it would be a shame to miss out on it, the allowance would just be the danger however the its just me in the house until after 6pm so I am hoping the allowance would be enough.

Going to monitor my network usage for the remainder of the week and will get a rough idea of my usage from a work perspective

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

Yeah, you've just halved your wireless speed by buying the wrong type of device.

TP-LINK TL-WPA4220KIT AV500 Powerline 300 M Wi-Fi Extender/Wi-Fi Booster/Hotspot with Two Ethernet Ports, Starter Kit/Twin Pack (Easy Configuration, Wi-Fi Clone for Smartphone/Tablets/Laptop) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00DHB2T44/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_07ESxbA3JT516
    This set is better, uses homeplugs to connect to the original router to properly extend your wireless on a different channel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,470 ✭✭✭highlydebased

They installed mine today, not the greenpacket router but a Huawei B2268H. Any wired devices into the ethernet aren't connecting.....instead the green light on the ethernet socket is just blinking. Anyone know the solution to this? Also any idea of username/password to logon to router cp?

They installed mine today, not the greenpacket router but a Huawei B2268H. Any wired devices into the ethernet aren't connecting.....instead the green light on the ethernet socket is just blinking. Anyone know the solution to this? Also any idea of username/password to logon to router cp?

I think the default password

Username admin
    Password LTEcpe

or Imagine might have changed it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 779 ✭✭✭editorsean

From a quick search, I came across this user manual for the Huawei B2268H.

Going by the manual, a blinking green Ethernet LED just means network activity and the green colour means 100Mbps port connectivity. So I wonder if the wired device has a manually configured IP address such as for a previous ISP router.

Going by what I can tell, the Huawei B2268H has the radio hardware in the router itself, i.e. no separate access point in the outdoor antenna. It means if you can log into the router you should be able to see the network signal strength readings, configure port forwarding, etc. as with a Huawei mobile broadband router.

Edit: From further searching, the Huawei B2268H still consists of an PoE powered active outdoor antenna.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,470 ✭✭✭highlydebased

The good 'ol universal reset of turning everything off and on again fixed the wired problem, 1 device was hogging 192.168.1.1 which is the router/antenna IP so that sorted that.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Dinerve

Well said

Another solid contributor!

• Advertisement

...a Huawei B2268H.

Interesting. So that's three different types of CPE/router that they use; Green packet, Gemtek, and now Huawei.

Do mind telling us which mast you're on and how far you are from it? I wonder do they use different gear for different conditions, or is it just whatever the guys have in the van?

Advertisement