Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Imagine LTE Rural Broadband

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

Any update on the Huawei bug?
    How did the poster with the Cutbush, non line of sight install get on?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Dero

Nothing definite yet. They're still working on it. Someone mentioned that if it's not resolved by next Wednesday (I think) that they're be out with a different radio. Imagine haven't said anything like that to me. I've rang a few times for updates, so maybe I'm just too polite with them.

Also, I presume you're not installed yet? I see a Huawei antenna has appeared on a house up your way.

The only Cutbush person I know of is jayo99, who posted a speedtest earlier.
    jayo99 wrote: »

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

Dero wrote: »
    Nothing definite yet. They're still working on it. Someone mentioned that if it's not resolved by next Wednesday (I think) that they're be out with a different radio. Imagine haven't said anything like that to me. I've rang a few times for updates, so maybe I'm just too polite with them.

Also, I presume you're not installed yet? I see a Huawei antenna has appeared on a house up your way.

The only Cutbush person I know of is jayo99, who posted a speedtest earlier.

A new radio or a new router?

long_b wrote: »
    A new radio or a new router?

Not sure. This is the only place I saw it:
    jasgrif11 wrote: »
    Anyone hear any update on the "Huwei" bug?

I was told today that they are hoping to have it resolved by Wednesday next week and if not they would replace my radio

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 436 ✭✭jasgrif11

Not sure. This is the only place I saw it:

I was told new radio

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,222 ✭✭✭irishchris

back to appalling speeds yet again today. 2-12 are max speeds all day.anyone else here off the abbeyknockmoy mast able to check theirs to see if mast or local issue

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭df_h

irishchris wrote: »
    back to appalling speeds yet again today. 2-12 are max speeds all day.anyone else here off the abbeyknockmoy mast able to check theirs to see if mast or local issue

Just done one there (Abbeyknockmoy mast), selected digiweb server in Dublin

5588920323.png

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 487 ✭✭Chorus_suck

This post has been deleted.

df_h wrote: »
    Just done one there (Abbeyknockmoy mast), selected digiweb server in Dublin

5588920323.png

And as if by magic. Complained on live chat and my speeds are back to normal after a dreadful day of appalling speeds.
    Thanks a mill df_h for confirming that it was not a mast problem

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭morgana

Did anybody on the Bweeng mast notice an overall reduction of speeds? Ever since they replaced the antenna I am usually way above 70 off-peak and between 50 and 65 peak, but since last Wednesday (iirc) there is a very noticeable drop of overall speeds to mid 60s off-peak and between 40 and 50 peak. I send one mail to support (without reply) but have been too busy to follow anything up yet.

• Advertisement

And again my connection is back to only 5mbs with nothing connected to network! Support are not answering either!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

And again my connection is back to only 5mbs with nothing connected to network! Support are not answering either!!

Thats my experience for the last two days after everything being perfect for a week.

Its a joke at this stage. :mad:

amadablam wrote: »
    Thats my experience for the last two days after everything being perfect for a week.

Its a joke at this stage. :mad:

Whereabouts are you located if you don't mind me asking. I don't think this is a mast problems another poster has reported it is fine for him. Really hoping it is not traffic shaping going on at imagine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

This post has been deleted.

50 meters is nothing when you're talking 12km, if they are flat refusing Id suspect they've tested a neighbor of yours already.

Whereabouts are you located if you don't mind me asking. I don't think this is a mast problems another poster has reported it is fine for him. Really hoping it is not traffic shaping going on at imagine

I'm in limerick but being fed from woodcock Hill. They have blamed the huawei bug anytime I rang. 80+ this evening but that could lock down to 2 later or be fine for a few days. Usually is slow on the one evening you want to use it to get a few updates done :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

this sounds amazing. didn't think it was possible.

gonna ring them tommorow. we were just about to go with airwave for the 10mb satellite package.

we've had 1 mb speed since forever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 436 ✭✭jasgrif11

I'm in limerick but being fed from woodcock Hill. They have blamed the huawei bug anytime I rang. 80+ this evening but that could lock down to 2 later or be fine for a few days. Usually is slow on the one evening you want to use it to get a few updates done :)

Im in Crecora and also fed from Woodcock. My installer (2 weeks ago) said i had excellent line of sight @25db.
    Since install i would say my average speed is 12mb down. It does spike to 35 and as low as 2. Normally i see 6mb. I've been told that if its not resolved by Wednesday that they will replace my radio.

Are there others in Limerick that are having the issues with a different radio?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 660 ✭✭✭popsy09

So just after a month I find out I can get fibre so I obviously go about cancelling , as usual you get a bit of hassle etc about contracts and all that I just said fine send out a final bill

That was last week and now today I'm cut off unless a mast around Cork city is down ?? I hope they don't plan on sending me out a full months final bill as it will be thrown straight into the bin if I am cut off now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Mr Velo

I'm starting to think that these guys, and this LTE service... are a "bunch of cowboys Ted".

So, i had a failed install a few weeks ago, which was due to a problem on the high site, or the Huawei bug (depending which customer service agent I spoke with).
    So, a rescheduled install was organised. This time 2 different installers who tried their hardest to get it working but couldn't get anything higher than 13MB, despite having really good signal, and line of site to the high site.

They picked up another high site which is further away, and no line of site, weaker signal, yet got speeds of 25MB.

They called Tech support, and were left waiting 35 minutes to be connected to an agent - who promptly told them that there was possibly an issue at the high site and to reschedule with the customer.

I've sent emails, and tried calling since to no avail. These guys never phone back when they say they will, and this whole experience has left a sour taste - trying to become a customer. Can only "imagine" what being a customer would be like.

jasgrif11 wrote: »
    Im in Crecora and also fed from Woodcock. My installer (2 weeks ago) said i had excellent line of sight @25db.
    Since install i would say my average speed is 12mb down. It does spike to 35 and as low as 2. Normally i see 6mb. I've been told that if its not resolved by Wednesday that they will replace my radio.

Are there others in Limerick that are having the issues with a different radio?

I have to say mine is pretty good most of the time and then goes to crap for a day or so. It's hasn't really went below 50 all evening and night.

Hopefully these are only glitches being ironed out. It's the best I can get where I live though. Eir couldn't get me over 1mb and meteor was giving me 12mb average but tiny allowance.

My average is definitely above 45-50 but when it locks down, it stays there for days at a time. They keep blaming the huawei bug.

I'm a fair bit closer to woodcock too as I am literally near the estuary with nothing really between me and the hill. Installer was getting 90mb and expected it to be high but said that they are still ironing out software and that was two weeks ago.

• Advertisement

Again with the terrible speeds. Max 6mb all evening. Talk about contention!!
    Df_h or anyone of the abbeyknockmoy mast can you do a test between 9.30-11pm if you get chance to see how your speeds are

Again with the terrible speeds. Max 6mb all evening. Talk about contention!!
    Df_h or anyone of the abbeyknockmoy mast can you do a test between 9.30-11pm if you get chance to see how your speeds are

Mine has been dreadful all day and I couldn't get a server to speed test from! I was getting about. 01-.2 mb!

Tonight it's at 1.6 max all evening.

Rang technical support at 6.45pm and was still waiting for someone to speak to me at 7.20 at which time I hung up altogether as I had to go out

Mine has been dreadful all day and I couldn't get a server to speed test from! I was getting about. 01-.2 mb!

Tonight it's at 1.6 max all evening.

Rang technical support at 6.45pm and was still waiting for someone to speak to me at 7.20 at which time I hung up altogether as I had to go out
    Dreadful and hopefully not a sign of things to come.
    Support seem to be avoiding calls and live chat lately. Funny how they lost they nbp tender recently and service has degraded since. I wonder if that 400 per mast is still valid

Dreadful and hopefully not a sign of things to come.
    Support seem to be avoiding calls and live chat lately. Funny how they lost they nbp tender recently and service has degraded since. I wonder if that 400 per mast is still valid

Hard to know when they won't answer email or calls. This huawei bug can't be the problem everywhere. They had a message apologizing for dsl outages this evening.

Every time I reboot the router, it goes back up and drops back to 1.6 or so again. Getting really tired of it. My meteor wifi was only 50gb a month but far more consistent than this crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭df_h

Sure I will do a test then, last night was watching a 1080p streaming film around that time didnt notice any issues for what its worth.

df_h wrote: »
    Sure I will do a test then, last night was watching a 1080p streaming film around that time didnt notice any issues for what its worth.
    Appreciate if you could. Mine improved about an hour later but for the time of 9.30 until 11pm last few nights speeds are dropping to 5mbs average and then back up to speed after that. If not happening you then sounds a lot like traffic shaping to balance too many users on at same time. Will be keeping an eye on my connection over next few nights and will report back and post some speedtests

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭koppy

Any feedback from anyone in kildare. Just found out it will be available to me in d next 6 weeks.

I've just received a text from Imagine to say my indoor unit has been updated to correct a speed related bug. I'll start monitoring it seriously now, but initial indications are averaging around 60mb/6mb/30ms. Time will tell...

I'll also be engaging in some creative hedge-trimming in the near future, so hopefully that'll clean up the signal a bit.

I've just received a text from Imagine to say my indoor unit has been updated to correct a speed related bug. I'll start monitoring it seriously now, but initial indications are averaging around 60mb/6mb/30ms. Time will tell...

You just beat me to it.

Got the same text message two minutes aga.

Cant wait to get home and test it and see if there is a genuine improvement or whether I'll be calling them again and again and again.......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 779 ✭✭✭editorsean

What's interesting here is that most streaming services such as YouTube and Netflix only need 5Mbps sustained average speed to stream 1080p.

So if it's traffic shaping, it's likely most people will not notice the reduced speed when streaming or web browsing, that is until they try streaming in HD on multiple devices or start a large download and notice it coming in slower than usual.

Advertisement