Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Imagine LTE Rural Broadband

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

Gooser14 wrote: »
    Any chance of advising the full details of the Yagi antenna & where you purchased it?

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/-/111412897823?ssPageName=ADME:L:OU:US:3160

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

Wing126 wrote: »
    Even if you managed to get the 30mb minimum while it was on that pole, in the long run would that not cause more problems? Rain/wind etc?

They said it'd have to go on the gable as opposed to the chimney.
    It was pretty big looking alright!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

Aspiring wrote: »
    Is is possible to get broadband only with Imagine or do you have to get the phone package.

Have to get the phone aswell.

long_b wrote: »
    They said it'd have to go on the gable as opposed to the chimney.
    It was pretty big looking alright!

Ah right I get ya!

I'm due installers in the next two weeks or so, Hopefully I can get it in. Would be a shame after waiting so long to not be elligible for service.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 AH2016

So far so good with my connection. Connection seems to be around the 60MB mark. Does drop to 50MB in the evenings but overall very good.

Only downfall that i have noticed to the service so far is the router. I have the Gemtek router installed but the wireless signal on it is terrible. i cant get WiFi signal around the full house like i did previously.

I have now bridged an eir modem i had in the house which has fixed the problem. Hopefully the service stays like this and the speeds don't start to drop like has happened elsewhere.

What is the connection like for people on masts that would have alot of users on it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,222 ✭✭✭irishchris

AH2016 wrote: »
    So far so good with my connection. Connection seems to be around the 60MB mark. Does drop to 50MB in the evenings but overall very good.

Only downfall that i have noticed to the service so far is the router. I have the Gemtek router installed but the wireless signal on it is terrible. i cant get WiFi signal around the full house like i did previously.

I have now bridged an eir modem i had in the house which has fixed the problem. Hopefully the service stays like this and the speeds don't start to drop like has happened elsewhere.

What is the connection like for people on masts that would have alot of users on it?
    Hopefully for you it stays like that. Mine was 50+ every evening, now I struggle to 6mb/s in evening time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42 AH2016

irishchris wrote: »
    Hopefully for you it stays like that. Mine was 50+ every evening, now I struggle to 6mb/s in evening time

Are they doing anything to fix that for you? or have they given you any indication of what that is happening? I hope that doesnt happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,222 ✭✭✭irishchris

AH2016 wrote: »
    Are they doing anything to fix that for you? or have they given you any indication of what that is happening? I hope that doesnt happen.

I complained online several times last week to them and eventually got call back but he said he wasn't sure why and agreed that it may be contention but they would call me back. Never got the call back yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,488 ✭✭✭bennyineire

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    I was told the same yesterday.

"Line of sight dosnt matter on our network as we use special technology"

Anyone in Laois sign up yet?

I signed up but I'm on the Offaly side of the Loais/Offaly border.
    I have line of site to the Ridge of Cappard, was told it would be the end of September before it is live

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

What ever about their technical support or mixed coverage and contention issues (mine is up and down an awful lot even after the 'Fix'

Just watch your first bill! Mine came today and it was pretty high so I rang customer support and they told me that I should have been notified that they bill one month in advance??

So I got installation on the 10 August and first bill was 153.97!! I know €50 was the installation remainder but I had not been told that they billed a month in advance. Its not a major issue but just in case anyone else gets a whopper of a bill, thats the reason and they apologized for not mentioning it before now.

Priceless.

They also have charged for the period between the 10th of August to the 31st when they acknowledged the error on their equipment and that it was being fixed for three weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Dero

Yeah, I got my first bill today, and it was similar. I was going to ring them about it in the morning. Specifically about billing me for an unusable service before they fixed it. They said they would issue credits for that period, so maybe that is in the pipeline, but if so they haven't said anything so it's poor communication again.

The bill is actually very confusing, but I'll ring them tomorrow and sort it out.

In fairness, since the fix went in the service has been fine. Some dips to ~35mbps, but typically in the 50-60mbps range, with the absolute high point being 97.11mbps! That was at one AM though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 436 ✭✭jasgrif11

Any reason why speedtest on iPhone 6S is averaging 6/7 mbps and mac pro is 40mbps. Both on wifi and dhcp?

Are others seeing similar?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Both have capable wifi chips but the MBP has a larger antenna.You don't perhaps have a VPN or "watch US netflix" apps etc?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 436 ✭✭jasgrif11

ED E wrote: »
    Both have capable wifi chips but the MBP has a larger antenna.You don't perhaps have a VPN or "watch US netflix" apps etc?

VPN app on mac for work but that is turned off. I thought it was my airports (using bridge mode)but getting same speeds when i connect to the Imagine router wifi

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

That's strange. If its doing it on the airport too Id suggest its still using 3/4G in error or there's a fault with the device. If its ever been repaired its possible the antenna wasn't reattached to the mobo.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 anto1978

Anyone been connected to the Mount Oriel Mast (County Louth) yet? I was informed that id have an installation and connected before the end of last month. I'm still waiting on an installation date...

Apologies if this has been discussed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

anto1978 wrote: »
    Anyone been connected to the Mount Oriel Mast (County Louth) yet? I was informed that id have an installation and connected before the end of last month. I'm still waiting on an installation date...

It still hasn't gone live. I was told that it would go live this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Rega

I was told the same regarding the mast in Kilkenny. No sign of anything yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,253 ✭✭✭✭km79

yahoo!!!!!
    unexpectedly got a call that out mast is going live next month
    hopefully it works out
    the mast is Teracom Cappataggle in East galway for anyone near it
    100 euro today and 50 install
    thought I seen someone say there was a 50 euro off offer on but couldn't find it while I was on phone to them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭bpmurray

I don't believe I have line-of-sight, but I'm hopeful that once it's up & running, I can finally get something reasonable.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭adr_sullivan

Anyone know if there is a max time the install must be done by. Ordered and payed around the 15th of August but no word from them since tgen.

Not overly inspired by their customer support rang to cancel the order but I was outside the 14 day cooling off period (have a separate rant about being beyond the cooling off period before the service is available.....) was also told there was no line of sight required.

So how long do they have to actually deliver the service

Thanks

• Advertisement

I ordered mine on 07/07, and it was installed on 16/08, so just over a month.

Also, they always try it on with the cooling off crap, but they can't start the cooling off period until the service is available (or what are you cooling off from?). I clarified it with them when i ordered it, as I was ordering for a mast that wasn't live, as did others; there are references to it earlier in this thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭polaris68

Dero wrote: »
    I ordered mine on 07/07, and it was installed on 16/08, so just over a month.

Also, they always try it on with the cooling off crap, but they can't start the cooling off period until the service is available (or what are you cooling off from?). I clarified it with them when i ordered it, as I was ordering for a mast that wasn't live, as did others; there are references to it earlier in this thread.

Imagine are of the view that the 14 day cooling off period is from the date of ordering. So when you clarified it with them, did they concede that it would be from the date of installation?

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭adr_sullivan

polaris68 wrote: »
    Imagine are of the view that the 14 day cooling off period is from the date of ordering. So when you clarified it with them, did they concede that it would be from the date of installation?

imagine say it is 14 days from the installation fee is taken from your card (they view this as when the contract starts), not 14 days from install or 14 days from when service goes live..

just looking at a similar thread here as well:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057610280

polaris68 wrote: »

Yes, they told me it would be from the date the site is live. Also, they sent a welcome e-mail when the site went live with the following nugget at the bottom (emphasis mine):
    Imagine wrote:
    Once again, thank you for choosing Imagine and remember, if you change your mind there's no problem, you can cancel your order, just let us know within the next 14 days by giving us a call on 1890 929 139 or by filling in the cancellation form below..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,253 ✭✭✭✭km79

I signed up yday
    I specifically Asked what happened if it dragged on beyond the promised install date of mid October
    He told me I could get a refund of the 100 euro ......he also said I would receive an email with all details of sign up etc
    Didn't get one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 680 ✭✭✭Happy_Harry

After asking by email and chat and not getting answer Icalled them today to ask when the Jamestown Bog mast in Meath is going live as I signed up Mid-July and not heard from them since.

The guy on the phone didn't have a clue - "The technicians haven't given us an update to when the site is to go live".

I vented a bit about how they can run a company signing up customers for a service they don't know when they can provide, then felt sorry for the poor guy and suggested he asks "the technicians" when it will be live. He then fobbed me off that he will call me back when he finds out, both of us knowing that that is never going to happen.

If this is the customer service we can come to expect , we may well be in for a rough ride.. From what I have been reading on this thread and my experience, they have clearly grown out of control and can't handle the demand.

Does anyone have the CEOs email so we can ask somebody that is supposedly in the know what is going on ? Suggest they may come on boards as well ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 779 ✭✭✭padraig.od

I got this this evening. I'm in South KK, near Waterford.

Hi, just a quick update on your LTE High Speed Broadband Service. LTE Engineers are currently completing the build out phase of the network in your area and we are on track to go live end of September. We'll be in touch once the site goes live. Thanks - Imagine LTE.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,488 ✭✭✭bennyineire

Just got a text update to say that the mast in Cappard Laois is on track to go live next month. I signed up 2 weeks ago and was told it would be live by the end of September but probaly sooner :mad:
    Ah well guess I'll have to wait a while longer, I've been on a crappy intermittent 4mg line with eircom for the last 4 years I guess I can wait another month or so

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Waffleon

Hi all, Just wondering about the Greenpacket router. I loose connection about once every 1-2 weeks. To restore I have to pull the power and re-connect. Anyone have similar issues. I know not a big problem but if I'm away trying to access home its annoying. Last service provider was rock solid, went down once in two years I think..?

• Advertisement

• Not sure what the mods think but suggest possibly a sticky or update the OP with information around the best hardware / Router / LTE Outdoor Unit or any software / firmware related updates you should be aware of

Advertisement