Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Imagine LTE Rural Broadband

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭morgana

I mailed the mods before with a request to update the OP with some more relevant info, no response.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 680 ✭✭✭Happy_Harry

Lo and behold... look what surprise text I got just now
    Hi, just a quick update on your LTE High Speed Broadband Service. LTE Engineers are completing the final checks and your LTE High Site is due to go live next Friday the 16th of September. Once the site goes live we will contact you within 10 working days to arrange your installation. Thanks - Imagine LTE.

This is for the Jamestown bog mast in Meath..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,253 ✭✭✭✭km79

I'm still waiting for email promised weds night when I signed up
    Just in case anyone is watching thread ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

Lo and behold... look what surprise text I got just now

This is for the Jamestown bog mast in Meath..

Got the same sms earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

"Hi, just a quick update on your LTE High Speed Broadband Service. Your site has had an extended delay due to bringing fibre to the mast. LTE Engineers are completing the final checks and your LTE High Site is due to go live next Friday the 16th of September. Once the site goes live we will contact you within 10 working days to arrange your installation. Thanks - Imagine LTE."

Regarding the Mount Oriel mast in Louth.

I really hope after all this time waiting that I can be eligible for am install.

Don't know what "due to bringing fibre" means. Surely that'd be something that would have been done before?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 lid1978

Hi just chancing my arm to see if anyone here on the Ben Dash mast in Clare are experiencing any issues with intermittent service today? Ive rebooted router a couple of times but not connecting to Internet. I'm wondering if it's my issue or with imagine...

km79 wrote: »
    I'm still waiting for email promised weds night when I signed up
    Just in case anyone is watching thread ;)

Still waiting
    Sent them an email myself yesterday requesting same
    No reply
    Not a great start

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭TimHorton

padraig.od wrote: »
    I got this this evening. I'm in South KK, near Waterford.

Hi, just a quick update on your LTE High Speed Broadband Service. LTE Engineers are currently completing the build out phase of the network in your area and we are on track to go live end of September. We'll be in touch once the site goes live. Thanks - Imagine LTE.[/QUOTE

Got the same bull**** SMS re: Athlone yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 9 lid1978

So turns out I needed to go to the router and physically reboot it by plugging it out and back in. I had been rebooting over the WiFi network.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 436 ✭✭jasgrif11

Decided to install Netflix but keep getting 10008 error and lots of freezing over ImagineLTE. Works fine on my phone over 4G

Have others experienced this and does requesting an MTU change help?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭sok2005

I signed up with Imagine and got an email stating they'd be in contact regarding installation.
    Anyone know how long the process takes from here? My bank was debited already with the installation fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭9726_9726

Wing126 wrote: »
    "Hi, just a quick update on your LTE High Speed Broadband Service. Your site has had an extended delay due to bringing fibre to the mast. LTE Engineers are completing the final checks and your LTE High Site is due to go live next Friday the 16th of September. Once the site goes live we will contact you within 10 working days to arrange your installation. Thanks - Imagine LTE."

Regarding the Mount Oriel mast in Louth.

I really hope after all this time waiting that I can be eligible for am install.

Don't know what "due to bringing fibre" means. Surely that'd be something that would have been done before?

Maybe they ordered an NGN circuit from Openeir or BT. These things can overrun by 3-6 months at times in my experience.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,222 ✭✭✭irishchris

Speeds are starting to crawl to a standstill every evening now.. Looks like imagines network cannot handle the strain of peak traffic. Limiting 400 users to a mast appears to have gone out the window

vr0a1GLMO.png

• Where are you based?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

irishchris wrote: »
    Speeds are starting to crawl to a standstill every evening now.. Looks like imagines network cannot handle the strain of peak traffic. Limiting 400 users to a mast appears to have gone out the window

vr0a1GLMO.png

In my experience, and I am not defending imagine because my speeds are not good most nights but that website gives incredibly low results.

I have tested on it there and got 5mb down yet speedspot app is giving over 20mb average which is coinciding with my two games consoles which are both getting over 20mb to 25

This is way down on the 50-70 I was getting between 7-8.30pm though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭TopTec

Ditto. Test my net gave me 13meg down and Ookla gave me 40meg. Both via wireless in another room from the router...

TT

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

TestMy is useless in Ireland as its international transit dependent. Closest server is London and the routes there are in high demand during peak. Speedtest will test to the boundary of your ISPs network which is a different metric to your routes across europe.

I have 240Mb working great, I get 240 to Dublin or Cork. I don't get 240Mb to Moscow and to say thats my real speed is wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

Applied my interest in this months ago. Rang up and asked them if there were any plans for my area. Was told there were not so I signed up to a 12 month contract with Vodafone.
    1 month into said contract, Imagine ring me to tell me it's now in my area...
    I guess, since they limit the connections, I'll be out of luck when my current Vodafone contract is up.

Does anyone know how they handle new connections once the connection limit is reached? Do you go onto a waiting list, waiting for someone else to cancel?

amadablam wrote: »
    In my experience, and I am not defending imagine because my speeds are not good most nights but that website gives incredibly low results.

I have tested on it there and got 5mb down yet speedspot app is giving over 20mb average which is coinciding with my two games consoles which are both getting over 20mb to 25

This is way down on the 50-70 I was getting between 7-8.30pm though.

I really wish it was the test my site and not imagines overloaded network.. Speedtest wouldn't load so had to use testmy. Here is the latest Speedtest result.. Equally as woeful

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/a/2208028537

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭leex

Some speed tests from just now. Tonabrooky, Galway

http://www.speedtest.net/results.php?sh=aecde9c6a966e2a552333f79b461f612&ria=0

• Advertisement

leex wrote: »

Just be glad you are on a less congested mast than me.. During day 80+ speeds.. EVERY night 5-6 mb at best

• They did the same **** with there 10mb Wiimax :/

signed up last week
    was told I would receive email starlight away with confirmation case number etc
    no email by Friday so I emailed. again Monday. nothing .
    Tried live chat yday. Gave up after half hour
    BUT then received a phone call today evening. Grand I said to myself maybe they are double checking my email address .
    NO
    It was a sales rep trying to get me to sign up LOL
    the left hand does not know what the right hand is doing
    I'm tempted to pull the plug ........but I won't cos I need it so bad :D

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭9726_9726

leex wrote: »

Y'all are congesting the network with speedtests! :)

But don't worry, it's "uncongested" due to the "LTE statistical algorithm"! :):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭kevin16w

I got install today. I'm still in work but hope to get home soon to test. I was wondering if I can plug in direct to my tp link router or how can I bridge from their router to my router. I have a number of powerline adapters in my house and hope to keep the network as is - just faster now.

I got install today. I'm still in work but hope to get home soon to test. I was wondering if I can plug in direct to my tp link router or how can I bridge from their router to my router. I have a number of powerline adapters in my house and hope to keep the network as is - just faster now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭morgana

Yes you can just plug your router into one of the network ports in the supplied router (goes into the WAN port of your own router). If you get access to the supplied router, you can turn off the WiFi, that's all I did. Works just fine with my Asus RT N66U. Other have also turned of the DHCP in the supplied router.
    Even if you don't access to Imagine's router, just connecting the two should work, even though you will have two wireless networks - just don't use theirs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Dero

In addition, if it's the Huawei equipment, there's a physical wireless on/off switch, so you can turn off their WiFi without requiring access to the box.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭leex

morgana wrote: »
    Yes you can just plug your router into one of the network ports in the supplied router (goes into the WAN port of your own router). If you get access to the supplied router, you can turn off the WiFi, that's all I did. Works just fine with my Asus RT N66U. Other have also turned of the DHCP in the supplied router.
    Even if you don't access to Imagine's router, just connecting the two should work, even though you will have two wireless networks - just don't use theirs.

Use something like Net Stumbler on your phone to check broadcast WIFI channels and move the channel of your own one away from the Imagine one so there is no interference.

• Advertisement

thanks everyone for the assistance, up and running. think its good, only time will tell. BTW I'm on the cairn hill spot.

Advertisement