Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Imagine LTE Rural Broadband

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Alter-Ego

Has anybody been connected to the Mt. Oriel site yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭scunermac

How about Capard in Laois? It was supposed to go live the middle of September, but haven't heard anything yet. Has anyone who signed up been contacted?
    Fingers crossed I'll get the call for the install soon. I'm currently getting by on Vodafone 4g.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

Alter-Ego wrote: »

Nope. Mast apparently went live on Friday if the text I received was to be believed, but no word from Imagine about install yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Mr Velo

Hi guys. Looking to use my own Netgear N900 router for wifi instead of the Huawei one which Imagine supplied.
    Anyone know how i can accomplish this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,222 ✭✭✭irishchris

Mr Velo wrote: »
    Hi guys. Looking to use my own Netgear N900 router for wifi instead of the Huawei one which Imagine supplied.

If you read back about 4 posts morgana had answered it
    morgana wrote: »
    Yes you can just plug your router into one of the network ports in the supplied router (goes into the WAN port of your own router). If you get access to the supplied router, you can turn off the WiFi, that's all I did. Works just fine with my Asus RT N66U. Other have also turned of the DHCP in the supplied router.
    Even if you don't access to Imagine's router, just connecting the two should work, even though you will have two wireless networks - just don't use theirs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 Alpha_Moon

Hi All,

Some great info here. I am currently with eircom getting 1mb download speed and have been for years so made the plunge to spend the extra 15 per month for decent speeds.
    I am getting installed tomorrow. It's funny how the first 40+ pages on this are so positive but the 10 are getting a little negative. I hope that's not a sign of things to come.

I was told i am 7km from my mast but I have no idea where the mast is and will I have line of sight to it. Is there a map or a list of where exactly the masts are?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭Gooser14

Alpha_Moon wrote:
    I was told i am 7km from my mast but I have no idea where the mast is and will I have line of sight to it. Is there a map or a list of where exactly the masts are?

Where are you located?

Hi,

I am near a village called Aherla in Cork, about 25 mins from the city.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Mr Velo

irishchris wrote: »

If you read back about 4 posts morgana had answered it
    morgana wrote: »
    Yes you can just plug your router into one of the network ports in the supplied router (goes into the WAN port of your own router). If you get access to the supplied router, you can turn off the WiFi, that's all I did. Works just fine with my Asus RT N66U. Other have also turned of the DHCP in the supplied router.
    Even if you don't access to Imagine's router, just connecting the two should work, even though you will have two wireless networks - just don't use theirs.

Thanks. Is there anything else that needs doing on the Netgear to get it up and running though - or will it just pick up the internet from the imagine router and broadcast over wifi?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,488 ✭✭✭bennyineire

scunermac wrote: »
    How about Capard in Laois? It was supposed to go live the middle of September, but haven't heard anything yet. Has anyone who signed up been contacted?
    Fingers crossed I'll get the call for the install soon. I'm currently getting by on Vodafone 4g.

I got a text over a week ago stating that they are on track to go live next month (October), when I signed up they said the end of Sept but probably sooner

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭polaris68

Alpha_Moon wrote: »
    Hi,

Imagine's nearest mast to you is at Mylane - top of the large hill just south of Kilumney.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭morgana

Thanks. Is there anything else that needs doing on the Netgear to get it up and running though - or will it just pick up the internet from the imagine router and broadcast over wifi?

It should pick up the net connection automatically - but you may have to go through internet setup (WAN) on the Netgear (on my Asus, the WAN connection type is automatic IP) and set up your wireless security on the Netgear (SSID, WPA).

polaris68 wrote: »
    Alpha_Moon wrote: »
    Hi,

Imagine's nearest mast to you is at Mylane - top of the large hill just south of Kilumney.
    |Thanks for the reply, That's probably the only direction where I might have an issue with line of sight but I'll hope for the best. I am up high so hopefully won't be a problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

You don't need line of sight for LTE. It's desirable but not critical.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭adr_sullivan

Alter-Ego wrote: »

I was just talking to imagine and they said the site went live on Friday, may or may not be true

Not too impressed with customer service so decided not to go ahead with the install.

Now to stay with eircom or wait for siro....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭godskitchen

A friend of mine just got it. Just outside Castlebar, 2k from nearest fibre cab.

Was in 3mb eir line.

They are now getting when I tested it, 83 down and 5 up.

Pretty impressive and they are very happy.

I doubt they will notice the occasional drop in speed.

Hi,

I'm having trouble connecting my netgear booster to the imagine router. Anyone have any ideas?
    Before i had imagine i had a netgear router and a booster half way down the hall to get wifi im my bedroom but for some reason when i press the wps on modem and booster they seem to see each other and my phone is showing an onternet signal in the bedroom but can't open any pages?

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭wuzziwig

I'm still extremely happy with my service. Speeds are consistently above 50mbps and I've hit nearly 90mbps a few times. I've had 3 occasions where I had to reboot the modem as speed completely dropped but once rebooted it was right back up over 50 again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,253 ✭✭✭✭km79

wuzziwig wrote: »
    I'm still extremely happy with my service. Speeds are consistently above 50mbps and I've hit nearly 90mbps a few times. I've had 3 occasions where I had to reboot the modem as speed completely dropped but once rebooted it was right back up over 50 again.

I'd take that !
    Hopefully I get hooked up soon

• Registered Users Posts: 25 debarra156

Service installed here in Kildare earlier this week, I'm 14k from mast at Old Kilcullen. Speeds up to 50mbps but can drop to around 25mbps at peak times. Upload speeds a constant 3mbps. Overall I'm happy - a very noticeable improvement on my old wireless service which averaged 3mbps. I get the impression that they are rolling out the service at a rate of knots so hopefully the increased contention will not adversely affect speeds.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

Anyone around Piercestown/Murrintown/Killinick have this service?

How do you find it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,017 ✭✭✭tsue921i8wljb3

How do you find it?

Do you realise that Eir are launching FTTH service in Killinick on the 28th of September? Have you checked to see if you can receive it?

Do you realise that Eir are launching FTTH service in Killinick on the 28th of September? Have you checked to see if you can receive it?

I'm 4 weeks trying to get eir Broadband in my house and they can't tell me when it's going to arrive as my line only has capability of 1mg download at the moment.

I just went into this website - www.fibrerollout.ie and there's a blue line running right by my house which means fibre services are planned but I wonder how long that will take.

I'm 4 weeks trying to get eir Broadband in my house and they can't tell me when it's going to arrive as my line only has capability of 1mg download at the moment.

I just went into this website - www.fibrerollout.ie and there's a blue line running right by my house which means fibre services are planned but I wonder how long that will take.

The service they are launching hing has nothing to do with your phone line. It will be a fibre cable direct into your home. It would be worth your while finding out if it is available to you.

Put your address in on this page and see if it can find you. For some reason it doesn't seem to work with phone numbers.

https://www.eir.ie/broadband/

Have you seen Openeir or KN Networks workers in your area in the past few weeks?

The service they are launching hing has nothing to do with your phone line. It will be a fibre cable direct into your home. It would be worth your while finding out if it is available to you.

Put your address in on this page and see if it can find you. For some reason it doesn't seem to work with phone numbers.

Have you seen Openeir or KN Networks workers in your area in the past few weeks?

It returns this.

Speeds of up to 2Mb are available at your home.

A house just up the road gets a message saying it's enabled for eir fibre but it hasn't reached there yet so I'm guessing I'm a distance away still!

It returns this.

Speeds of up to 2Mb are available at your home.

A house just up the road gets a message saying it's enabled for eir fibre but it hasn't reached there yet so I'm guessing I'm a distance away still!

That is unfortunate. Hopefully they will cable the rest of your area soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Johnfred

How do you find it?
    I'm in Murrintown and have Imagine since the beginning of July. Apart from some problems with low speeds in the first couple of weeks I am very pleased. Speeds rarely drop below 30 and max of 80. I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for Eir to install fibre in this area.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

Well I came home this evening and speeds were at an all time low.

2mbps and .02up which is probably worse than when they pushed out the fix last time.

Spoke to customer care and apparently, the signal from their side is very good. Multiple speed tests and reboots later and I am still being told that the signal is very good at their side :D average 50mbps

At my side, despite the guy making 'changes' the speed is identical all the time.

After almost an hour of using various devices and laptops here to do a speed test for the hundredth time...... It's now being sent to the second level team for handling.

I will hear back tomorrow.

Big change from average 50mbps

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

I dunno if this is accurate or not. I tried my house and it said fibre was unavailable. I tried a house just down the road and it said fibre was available for that address.

• Advertisement

Wing126 wrote: »
    I dunno if this is accurate or not. I tried my house and it said fibre was unavailable. I tried a house just down the road and it said fibre was available for that address.

They are definitely launching FTTH from the Killinick exchange on the 28th of September. 420 premises are due the question is how many of these will be enabled.

Advertisement