Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Imagine LTE Rural Broadband

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

Wing126 wrote: »
    I dunno if this is accurate or not. I tried my house and it said fibre was unavailable. I tried a house just down the road and it said fibre was available for that address.

That's the exact same as me.

I can see from the map that I live just the wrong side of a "boundary" so I'm served by a different Exchange.

Literally 50 metres up the road and I'd be in clover!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

Johnfred wrote: »
    I'm in Murrintown and have Imagine since the beginning of July. Apart from some problems with low speeds in the first couple of weeks I am very pleased. Speeds rarely drop below 30 and max of 80. I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for Eir to install fibre in this area.

Thanks for that.

€60 per month seems quite expensive for BB but if it keeps the two young kids happy then I might just sign up to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

That's the exact same as me.

I can see from the map that I live just the wrong side of a "boundary" so I'm served by a different Exchange.

Literally 50 metres up the road and I'd be in clover!

The house that can get fibre with Eir is on the same exchange as me :confused:

It's probably served by a different cabinet though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,017 ✭✭✭tsue921i8wljb3

The house that can get fibre with Eir is on the same exchange as me :confused:

It's probably served by a different cabinet though.

This new product has nothing to do with cabinets. If you can get it you should see a message about eirFibre Extreme and 1000Mb. jd posted an image of an address that qualifies in Piercestown.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=100878525&postcount=1452

This new product has nothing to do with cabinets. If you can get it you should see a message about eirFibre Extreme and 1000Mb. jd posted an image of an address that qualifies in Piercestown.

Yeah, that's not showing as available for me either. I'm aware the new Eir broadband is FTTH, but I was talking about how that map shows a house down the road from me as being Fibre enabled for speeds of up to 100mb whereas my house doesn't.

Probably shoulda made that a bit clearer :o

• Advertisement

Yeah, that's not showing as available for me either. I'm aware the new Eir broadband is FTTH, but I was talking about how that map shows a house down the road from me as being Fibre enabled for speeds of up to 100mb whereas my house doesn't.

Probably shoulda made that a bit clearer :o

No problem. I just wanted to make sure that you knew it may be available to you. Keep an eye out for any work taking place in your area.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 gaz1

Has anyone got connected to LTE in Meath yet? What are the speeds like?

gaz1 wrote: »

Rang them yesterday.

They're doing "dry tests", (she may have said drive tests), at the minute apparently. As in they have engineers going around and mapping out what the actual coverage off the masts is like before they start scheduling installs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 779 ✭✭✭padraig.od

Failed install this morning. Guys were pretty good and tried a couple of areas. In Kilmacow, mast is in Portlaw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭MascotDec85

gaz1 wrote: »

I was connected yesterday from Mt. Oriel
    The speedtest gave 49Mb

Last night I ran a speedtest from my mobile and got 41Mb. I then tried it on my PC on a fixed connection to the router and got 57Mb

Happy days!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭opengoal

I was connected yesterday from Mt. Oriel
    The speedtest gave 49Mb

Last night I ran a speedtest from my mobile and got 41Mb. I then tried it on my PC on a fixed connection to the router and got 57Mb

Happy days!!!
    Great news!! I'm due to be installed on Monday (Mt Oriel).. Where about are you?? Do you have line of sight etc?? Thanks..

opengoal wrote: »
    Great news!! I'm due to be installed on Monday (Mt Oriel).. Where about are you?? Do you have line of sight etc?? Thanks..

I was with Net1. They also use Mt. Oriel but I couldn't get their service from there.

Imagine don't strictly use line of sight it's more like a 4G signal to the best of my knowledge. That said, like any radio signal things can block it. I'm in Monknewtown, Slane.
    My house is right at top of a valley with nothing blocking the antenna. My sister-in-law is about 100 yards away and they couldn't install there due to trees which need removed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,488 ✭✭✭bennyineire

"On top of a valley" my heads hurts, that there be an oxymoron for sure

"On top of a valley" my heads hurts, that there be an oxymoron for sure

There's a valley.
    It's kinda shaped like this: V

I live at the top of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,020 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

"On at the top of a valley" my heads hurts, that there be an oxymoron for sure

the difference is one word ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Goreme

Has anyone been connected from the Rathmore Co. Meath transmitter yet? I phoned Imagine last week and it was supposed to have been scheduled to go live on September 16th. Anyone even scheduled for an install. I am waiting for an install call.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,445 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

I'm 4 weeks trying to get eir Broadband in my house and they can't tell me when it's going to arrive as my line only has capability of 1mg download at the moment.

I just went into this website - www.fibrerollout.ie and there's a blue line running right by my house which means fibre services are planned but I wonder how long that will take.

If your house is on a blue lien you shouldn't be waiting too long for service

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Goreme

marno21 wrote: »
    I'm 4 weeks trying to get eir Broadband in my house and they can't tell me when it's going to arrive as my line only has capability of 1mg download at the moment.

I just went into this website - www.fibrerollout.ie and there's a blue line running right by my house which means fibre services are planned but I wonder how long that will take.

If your house is on a blue lien you shouldn't be waiting too long for service
    Why do you say that you shouldn't have to wait too long if you are on a blue line? Eir aren't giving specific times for each blue line install, and from what I can see at least 95% of the rural plain install by Eir is still blue lines.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭TireeTerror

Goreme wrote: »
    Why do you say that you shouldn't have to wait too long if you are on a blue line? Eir aren't giving specific times for each blue line install, and from what I can see at least 95% of the rural plain install by Eir is still blue lines.

They do provide install estimate for blue lines. If you select "All" on the where and now map, you will see the local exchange icons. If you hover over the icon a window will pop up giving an estimated time for when the site goes live for 1000Mbs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 680 ✭✭✭Happy_Harry

Goreme wrote: »
    Has anyone been connected from the Rathmore Co. Meath transmitter yet? I phoned Imagine last week and it was supposed to have been scheduled to go live on September 16th. Anyone even scheduled for an install. I am waiting for an install call.

Nope, still waiting.. And I would hope to be fairly on top of the list, I signed up mid July (but then again, maybe there are 399 homes that signed up before that). I may actually give them a call again..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭TireeTerror

Mongorry Hill in DOnegal is now oversubscribed to the extend that the speeds are dropping below 20Mb at peak times. They are advertising a lot too, so its only going to get worse as poor unsuspecting fools are sucked in.

Imagine are a shower of dirty lying bastards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 664 ✭✭✭price690

Mongorry Hill in DOnegal is now oversubscribed to the extend that the speeds are dropping below 20Mb at peak times. They are advertising a lot too, so its only going to get worse as poor unsuspecting fools are sucked in.

Imagine are a shower of dirty lying bastards.

We payou them 40euro per month and are based in south roscommon. Up to about 1 month ago the service was decent, never really fast but it did the job.

Then we started to have every second day where there was no service at all. We could see our connection however we couldn't access te Internet at all.

Now it's going on one week where there has been no Internet whatsoever. Spent 45 mins on hold on 3 occasions trying to get through to tech support/accounts/customer care but heard from nobody. When we do get through they want to hand you over to sales immediately. Sales are available to take your call right away of course and want you to upgrade.

I do not want to upgrade I want my current package honoured, I'm under contract. If this is not possible for whatever reason (work they are carrying out etc....) on their part then its not too much to ask for an explanation of what exactly is happening and being given the option of looking elsewhere for a service befitting of the money being collected every month.

As it stands we are unable to get ANY answers. We have called them ourselves at significant cost and also requested call backs but NOTHING.

they are still content to take our money every month though and no doubt should I cut that off then we will receive financial penalty/additional cost for breach of contract.

It's an absolute farce in this day and age to have to jump through hoops to get any sort of answers when you are an existing customer.

price690 wrote: »
    We payou them 40euro per month and are based in south roscommon. Up to about 1 month ago the service was decent, never really fast but it did the job.

Then we started to have every second day where there was no service at all. We could see our connection however we couldn't access te Internet at all.

Now it's going on one week where there has been no Internet whatsoever. Spent 45 mins on hold on 3 occasions trying to get through to tech support/accounts/customer care but heard from nobody. When we do get through they want to hand you over to sales immediately. Sales are available to take your call right away of course and want you to upgrade.

I do not want to upgrade I want my current package honoured, I'm under contract. If this is not possible for whatever reason (work they are carrying out etc....) on their part then its not too much to ask for an explanation of what exactly is happening and being given the option of looking elsewhere for a service befitting of the money being collected every month.

As it stands we are unable to get ANY answers. We have called them ourselves at significant cost and also requested call backs but NOTHING.

they are still content to take our money every month though and no doubt should I cut that off then we will receive financial penalty/additional cost for breach of contract.

It's an absolute farce in this day and age to have to jump through hoops to get any sort of answers when you are an existing customer.

I presume you are on their Wimax product? Did you get a letter about them turing off the Wimax service? They seem to be concentrating on their new LTE service though this is more expensive at €59.99 per month.

I presume you are on their Wimax product? Did you get a letter about them turing off the Wimax service? They seem to be concentrating on their new LTE service though this is more expensive at €59.99 per month.

We never received any letter whatsoever. And yes we are on their wimax product. If they have turned it off they have still charged us 40 quid this week just gone (September's monthly bill).

I'm presuming this means we need to stump up another 20 quid per month for the exact same service.

We never received any letter whatsoever. And yes we are on their wimax product. If they have turned it off they have still charged us 40 quid this week just gone (September's monthly bill).

I'm presuming this means we need to stump up another 20 quid per month for the exact same service.

As more LTE sites are being added they need to turn off their legacy products. You should get a letter though giving you 30 days notice before this happens. The new product while dearer should be a considerable improvement over the Wimax which was something of a disaster. It does involve signing up to a new 18 month contract and they may also charge you an installation fee.

As more LTE sites are being added they need to turn off their legacy products. You should get a letter though giving you 30 days notice before this happens. The new product while dearer should be a considerable improvement over the Wimax which was something of a disaster. It does involve signing up to a new 18 month contract and they may also charge you an installation fee.

It looks like it's already been turned off but we have not heard anything.

It looks like it's already been turned off but we have not heard anything.

That should not have happened. Contact Comreg.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Are they decommissioning WiMax? Or is that just a suspicion?

ED E wrote: »
    Are they decommissioning WiMax? Or is that just a suspicion?

They have decommissioned some Wimax sites as there have been angry posts on their Facebook page about it. Whether they plan to remove all sites I do not know. My parents have been customers on their Breeze product since 2007 and they received the 30 day notice letter in August telling them the service was being removed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 680 ✭✭✭Happy_Harry

Nope, still waiting.. And I would hope to be fairly on top of the list, I signed up mid July (but then again, maybe there are 399 homes that signed up before that). I may actually give them a call again..

Called them yesterday- they were very apologetic that it was taking so long, yer man said he would update my ticket - what normally means SFA... but just now I got a call and they will come tomorrow.. This is Rathmore site in Meath.

Now fingers crossed there is a signal

Advertisement