Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Imagine LTE Rural Broadband

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭hollypink

Called them yesterday- they were very apologetic that it was taking so long, yer man said he would update my ticket - what normally means SFA... but just now I got a call and they will come tomorrow.. This is Rathmore site in Meath.

Now fingers crossed there is a signal

I was waiting a while myself, signed up around the same time (old Kilcullen site) but they're coming tomorrow so I have my fingers crossed too!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 samthepigman

I had a failed install in Meath this morning. I am based in Kilbride, just outside of Trim.

They said they tried to connect me to the mast in Rathmore and the one near the M4 - I wasn't at home but this is what the wife told me. Funnily enough, the M4 had the better signal according to them even though its 22km away and Rathmore was 7km?

Perplexed and confused, especially as nothing around me but fields. But hey ho. Back to mobile broadband 4g I go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 680 ✭✭✭Happy_Harry

I had a failed install in Meath this morning. I am based in Kilbride, just outside of Trim.

They said they tried to connect me to the mast in Rathmore and the one near the M4 - I wasn't at home but this is what the wife told me. Funnily enough, the M4 had the better signal according to them even though its 22km away and Rathmore was 7km?

Perplexed and confused, especially as nothing around me but fields. But hey ho. Back to mobile broadband 4g I go.

I am really sorry to hear that, I am just going to make sure I am at home when they come.
    I should be able to get line of sight, despite being far away from the mast, it is visible at night with the flashing light. They just need to be a bit flexible where they will put the antenna..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,017 ✭✭✭tsue921i8wljb3

I am really sorry to hear that, I am just going to make sure I am at home when they come.
    I should be able to get line of sight, despite being far away from the mast, it is visible at night with the flashing light. They just need to be a bit flexible where they will put the antenna..

Does the Rathmore mast have a flashing light? Red I presume?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 DogofTwoHead

Anybody know the settings for outgoing emails in outlook with Imagine Lte, just got it installed today, about 50 download speed, 24 ping

• Advertisement
  • Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,815 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Anybody know the settings for outgoing emails in outlook with Imagine Lte, just got it installed today, about 50 download speed, 24 ping

Try mail.imagine.ie.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭fabo1thecross

I have this over a week now and finding it good. Can dip a good bit in the evenings but still better than 2.5 Vodafone speeds before.
    I would like to get it set for open nat on xbox but not making much headway.
    Also how does it work, I have a gemtek set up and cant log in to antenna or router.
    The router sends POE to the antenna but is the router the week link. it has poor wifi.
    Im asking a bit I know but just interested.

Cheers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 436 ✭✭jasgrif11

When you run a speed test do you get a constant download speed for the full download test?
    The reason i ask is that mine fluctuates from 60 to 40 to 30 and eventually settles. This i believe is the reason I keep getting a 10008 error on Netflix.

I should state that testing over WIFI fluctuates a lot, I have 3 new airports in bridge mode. Wired is a little more stable but not a lot.

Is this how LTE works, as EIR is a constant speed during a test.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

I have this over a week now and finding it good. Can dip a good bit in the evenings but still better than 2.5 Vodafone speeds before.
    I would like to get it set for open nat on xbox but not making much headway.
    Also how does it work, I have a gemtek set up and cant log in to antenna or router.
    The router sends POE to the antenna but is the router the week link. it has poor wifi.
    Im asking a bit I know but just interested.

Cheers.

You will have to contact tech support.

Even the router passwords are apparently changed by the installer as I have asked for mine repeatedly but never received it.

That said, Im using mine for PSN and XBOX Live gaming and no problems and didn't have to change any NAT settings.

I have rang them and they changed a setting with mtu,s that sorted Netflix but the nat problem is still there.
    Its not really that big of problem but just want it open.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

You dont need "Open NAT" for consoles, it just stops you being elected host. Even if you could login you couldnt change it anyways as its carrier NAT.

Ok ED E seems like it is what it is. have to make a start on tidying up my network next. Any advice on a good router to spread this speed around the house.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭hollypink

hollypink wrote: »
    I was waiting a while myself, signed up around the same time (old Kilcullen site) but they're coming tomorrow so I have my fingers crossed too!

My OH just let me know that Imagine came and installed today - they tested at 40M so delighted with that. I haven't been home yet to try it myself.

Does the Rathmore mast have a flashing light? Red I presume?

Yes, red... My neighbour pointed it out to me a couple of weeks ago

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭mailrewop

just got it installed yesterday and speed wise its great so far except for the xbox. On my laptop whether its wired or wireless I get average of 50mb down which I'm happy with but when I try to download or run a speedtest on the xbox it's usually 20mb or less. Any ideas on why there would be such a difference. I have tested the xbox with a wired and wireless connection with the same results.

edit: PS4 when tested was roughly 40mb down on both wired and wireless so it seems to be an issue with the xbox one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 664 ✭✭✭price690

That should not have happened. Contact Comreg.

It's been confirmed they turned it off but never sent us a letter (they claim they did but it never arrived that's for sure).

Contacting their customer care has been nothing short of farcical. I'd say 10-15 calls made at this stage all promisinglass resolution and call backs but nothing the last 5 days.

When you do get through you are passed around and when you find yourself on hold for 40+ minutes it's beyond a joke.

They are still collecting payment every month though despite the basic wimax broadband being cut off due to LTE upgrades (which we signed up for aswell in early July but heard nothing about that either)

Never seen anything like it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

mailrewop wrote: »
    just got it installed yesterday and speed wise its great so far except for the xbox. On my laptop whether its wired or wireless I get average of 50mb down which I'm happy with but when I try to download or run a speedtest on the xbox it's usually 20mb or less. Any ideas on why there would be such a difference. I have tested the xbox with a wired and wireless connection with the same results.

edit: PS4 when tested was roughly 40mb down on both wired and wireless so it seems to be an issue with the xbox one.

Thats exactly what it is, I have the same scenario speed test wise on the consoles. I did get an increase at times when switching to 5ghz Wifi signal of a TPLink extender

Right.. so I got lucky. Just got the install.

Speeds I saw were between 40 and 60 down. The only way I could get it was in the garage, but I will get into the house with powerline extender.

They failed a guy living down the road as it is height they need. My house is already a bit higher than the rest near me and putting the antenna up a small pole (1m high) made the difference between fail and pass. Made no difference to the speeds though. They mentioned when they started and had 60Mb/s, it was still a fail, as there are many more parameters that they look at. Putting it up that bit higher improved the overall scores.

One thing I must say, these guys are really nice and know what they are doing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

They are still collecting payment every month though despite the basic wimax broadband being cut off

Google "sepa refund" for info on getting a refund of direct debits paid from your account within the last 8 weeks. Imagine will definitely call you back if they're out of pocket.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

I'm fed up of waiting to find out whether or not I can actually get this service installed... Need them out next week as I'm on holidays the week after and I want it tested/installed before I go. Was told by customer care that I would be installed (or rather tested) before the 8th of October (when I'm leaving)... Don't really hold much faith into that, but we'll see. Hoping for a call or email to organise the test/install.

Anyone else who's been installed recently, do I as the account holder need to be there when the install is happening?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 debarra156

I would recommend that you are there. My initial test passed but it was inconclusive when they put the outside unit in place. It was getting late in the day so I'm not sure if they would have persisted to the extent that they did if I wasn't there. Also you are required to sign off so I suspect that unless someone with the authority or the insight to assess the installment is present, they may not proceed. They also need access to power for the internal router.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

debarra156 wrote: »
    I would recommend that you are there. My initial test passed but it was inconclusive when they put the outside unit in place. It was getting late in the day so I'm not sure if they would have persisted to the extent that they did if I wasn't there. Also you are required to sign off so I suspect that unless someone with the authority or the insight to assess the installment is present, they may not proceed. They also need access to power for the internal router.

Alright, sounds like I will have to wait until after my holiday in that case. I can have someone I trust to oversee the install be at the house for me but if they need me to sign off personally then I can't go ahead until after cause of work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 192 ✭✭Galway_guy_33

Anyone heard anything about the athlone site yet..... signed up in early august was told it would be going live end of August..... then was told mid Sept.... and then end of Sept..... no contact whatsoever no emails no letter... even tho they took 100 euro from me?????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭TimHorton

Anyone heard anything about the athlone site yet..... signed up in early august was told it would be going live end of August..... then was told mid Sept.... and then end of Sept..... no contact whatsoever no emails no letter... even tho they took 100 euro from me?????

Got this text re: Athlone just 2 mins ago

Shower of spoofers if you ask me....

"Hi, just a quick update on your LTE High Speed Broadband Service. Your site has had an extended delay due to bringing fibre to the mast. LTE Engineers are completing the final checks and your LTE High Site is due to go live next Monday 10th October. Once the site goes live we will contact you within 10 working days to arrange your installation. Thanks - Imagine LTE."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 192 ✭✭Galway_guy_33

I too got the same txt just after posting my previous post on here..... yeah i think they are taking the p!ss to be honest.

They had signs up over 3 months around athlone "LIVE IN YOUR AREA" ..... doesnt fill me with much confidence to be honest..... but lets see what happens over the next few days.

I wonder where exactly the site in athlone is.... would have to be an elevated location i would think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,253 ✭✭✭✭km79

TimHorton wrote: »
    Got this text re: Athlone just 2 mins ago

Shower of spoofers if you ask me....

"Hi, just a quick update on your LTE High Speed Broadband Service. Your site has had an extended delay due to bringing fibre to the mast. LTE Engineers are comlpleting the final checks and your LTE High Site is due to go live next Monday 10th October. Once the site goes live we will contact you within 10 working days to arrange your installation. Thanks - Imagine LTE."
    I got the same text about a mast in East galway. Cant remember mast name but it's near loughrea or new inn
    doubt we will see it before Xmas
    bit ridiculous that they take the 100 euro...,.

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,815 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

I wonder where exactly the site in athlone is.... would have to be an elevated location i would think

Most likely the Towercom tower in by Roslevin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,499 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Just installed today and I've done a few speed tests since I got home. Averaging 54down, 4 up with pings 30ms. Trying not to get too excited as I remember we were getting the advertised speeds with Nova when they arrived in our area. Still it's good to have a stable connection again.... knocks on wood.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭mailrewop

amadablam wrote: »
    Thats exactly what it is, I have the same scenario speed test wise on the consoles. I did get an increase at times when switching to 5ghz Wifi signal of a TPLink extender

I ran a speed test using the browser on the xbox and got 50mb download but trying to download something on the xbox its 20mb or lower, kinda annoying me why it's not working fully. Only issue I have so far so its not that bad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭naughto

mailrewop wrote: »
    I ran a speed test using the browser on the xbox and got 50mb download but trying to download something on the xbox its 20mb or lower, kinda annoying me why it's not working fully. Only issue I have so far so its not that bad.

Are u on wifi or wired connection for Xbox?

Advertisement