Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Imagine LTE Rural Broadband

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

mailrewop wrote: »
    I ran a speed test using the browser on the xbox and got 50mb download but trying to download something on the xbox its 20mb or lower, kinda annoying me why it's not working fully. Only issue I have so far so its not that bad.

Somebodys been blazing a trail of denial across the net in the last week making new records. Cant count on any experiences being indicative when Akamai and OVH are being battered.

Cs71-RvXgAAibci.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭ItHurtsWhenIP

ED E wrote: »
    Somebodys been blazing a trail of denial across the net in the last week making new records. Cant count on any experiences being indicative when Akamai and OVH are being battered.

Cs71-RvXgAAibci.jpg

That was from 22nd Sept. Is that DDoS still going on?

20th Sept:
    Psychz was attacked yesterday. (>100Gbps)
    Cogent was attacked yesterday. (reportedly)
    OVH was attacked yesterday (source: https://twitter.com/olesovhcom/statu...19962036314112)
    Krebs was attacked today. (source: https://twitter.com/briankrebs/statu...98865619836928)
    Blizzard was attacked today. (source: https://twitter.com/PoodleCorp/statu...34956456120320)
    Choopa/Vultr were attacked today. (source: http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1599421)
    Riot were attacked 3 days ago. (source: https://twitter.com/PoodleCorp/statu...73040434872321)

22nd = Ovh

Thats 17-22Nd reported at least. A quick glance at the OVH CTO says its not let up
    Octave Klaba / Oles 6 hours ago
    @olesovhcom
    > +18000 new cctv participated in the DDoS last 24H. Thanks for the "dynamic IP address" with xDSL/Cable/FTTH ..

Important note:
    The attack on Krebs caused issues at a global level for Akamai.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭fabo1thecross

What does all that mean.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭mailrewop

naughto wrote: »
    Are u on wifi or wired connection for Xbox?

Tried both, wired and wireless, same results. Seeing as the edge browser picks up the 50mb download in a speed test it seems to me that while the xbox has access to the 50mb its not utilising it when actually downloading from the store but I could be wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭naughto

mailrewop wrote: »
    Tried both, wired and wireless, same results. Seeing as the edge browser picks up the 50mb download in a speed test it seems to me that while the xbox has access to the 50mb its not utilising it when actually downloading from the store but I could be wrong.

It could be that Microsoft servers are under pressure if it's a new game your downloading.
    There should be a big difference in straight cable connection over wifi I have had both.iam on 70/20 connection with eir soon to be sky and see a big difference when I download with the cable

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭ItHurtsWhenIP

Thats 17-22Nd reported at least. A quick glance at the OVH CTO says its not let up
    Octave Klaba / Oles 6 hours ago
    @olesovhcom
    > +18000 new cctv participated in the DDoS last 24H. Thanks for the "dynamic IP address" with xDSL/Cable/FTTH ..

Didn't realise it was still ongoing. Jesus, that Botnet is seriously large now. It was ~146,000 strong on the 22nd and reading through his feed:
    26/09 - ~6,900
    28/09 - ~15,700
    29/09 - ~18,000
    That brings this botnet up to ~186,600!!! :eek::eek::eek:

Edit: Apologies for being OT! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Goreme

I was connected yesterday to the Rathmore, Co. Meath transmitter. Speedtest is showing 65Mb speeds. Two very nice lads did the install too, Paul and David.

I was connected yesterday to the Rathmore, Co. Meath transmitter. Speedtest is showing speeds of 65Mb. Two very nice lads did the install too, Paul and David from Tullamore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,740 ✭✭✭niallb

Really pleased to hear about Rathmore - I've been waiting for an installation date for a couple of weeks now.
    What direction from Rathmore are you in and did they tell you how far from the mast you are?
    As far as I know yet I'm about 16km away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

Can anyone confirm when Athy mast went live?

Neighbours have been connected recently, reckon it's to the new Athy mast judging by the direction of the antenna

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭MrLucidLJ

Cs71-RvXgAAibci.jpg

Sorry what does all this mean?

Somebody has 150,000+ IPCameras/DVRs that they've hijacked and are using them to bully the internet. In doing so they cause havoc meaning a test to say XBL cant be guaranteed to be fair.

799gps Jesus

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭koppy

long_b wrote: »
    Can anyone confirm when Athy mast went live?

Neighbours have been connected recently, reckon it's to the new Athy mast judging by the direction of the antenna

What direction is d antenna facing...
    Do you know what types of speeds they are getting..

Waiting for connection in athy aswell

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

koppy wrote: »
    What direction is d antenna facing...
    Do you know what types of speeds they are getting..

Waiting for connection in athy aswell

South East from Martinstown
    Don't know what speeds they're getting but plenty to allow an install.

Somebody has 150,000+ IPCameras/DVRs that they've hijacked and are using them to bully the internet. In doing so they cause havoc meaning a test to say XBL cant be guaranteed to be fair.
    And what does this explanation mean!! :)

niallb wrote: »
    Really pleased to hear about Rathmore - I've been waiting for an installation date for a couple of weeks now.
    What direction from Rathmore are you in and did they tell you how far from the mast you are?
    As far as I know yet I'm about 16km away.
    I am about 4km from the Rathmore mast.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

Goreme wrote: »
    Goreme wrote: »

DDoS is a Denial of Service attack. Basically, the people responsible are using internet connected devices to connect to XBL servers. They're overloading the XBL Servers by having too many devices try to connect to them at once.

Wing126 wrote: »
    DDoS is a Denial of Service attack. Basically, the people responsible are using internet connected devices to connect to XBL servers. They're overloading the XBL Servers by having too many devices try to connect to them at once.

They're targeting OVH actually, but because of the sheer volume its having global effects so can impinge on other services.

• Advertisement

Wing126 wrote: »
    Thanks.

Cs71-RvXgAAibci.jpg

Is there a section on boards where this kind of talk goes on don't want to derail this thread with questions that I have

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭scunermac

Has anyone heard anything regarding the Capard site in Laois? It was supposed to go live this week, so was just wondering if anyone had heard anything yet regarding installs?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

What time do they usually install until? Are they flexible to our schedules or do they have a flat "4pm is our last install for the day" kind of thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭NakQuada

What's this I hear about the Athy mast being live?

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭theduffer

Hi Folks,

Anyone have any information on the Kilbride Mast in Mayo going live.. Meant to have gone live last week...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 787 ✭✭✭ArKl0w

Apparently I'm in coverage for this now
    400 users per mast,is that correct?
    What happens to the service if 300 of them are all using the one mast at the same time? :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Mr Velo

I'm on Tonabrokey mast in Galway. Speeds the past 2 evenings right down - 5mb etc. Far from the advertised. Of course when I called the tech support has already closed so have left a voice mail that I never expect to hear back from.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,222 ✭✭✭irishchris

Mr Velo wrote: »
    I'm on Tonabrokey mast in Galway. Speeds the past 2 evenings right down - 5mb etc. Far from the advertised. Of course when I called the tech support has already closed so have left a voice mail that I never expect to hear back from.

Mine has been like that for 5 weeks every evening. Told its not contention and are looking I to it. Still same though

Ps mine is off the abbeyknockmoy mast

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,318 ✭✭✭rob808

ArKl0w wrote: »
    Apparently I'm in coverage for this now
    400 users per mast,is that correct?
    What happens to the service if 300 of them are all using the one mast at the same time? :eek:
    I be more worried if there was more than 400 using the mast.

Advertisement